Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,447 members, 7,816,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents (47553 Views)

4 Friends Betray Their Friend By Sleeping With Her Rich Boyfriend / Snake Given To Woman By Native Doctor To Make Her Rich Start Having Sex With Her / Lady Turns Down Her Rich Boyfriend Who Proposed To Her With A Lamborghini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by seangy4konji: 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2020
2 million for honey moon?

His brain is paining him.

Make him no go set up shop deh sell perfume and leave the gril weh devil wan take finish him life..

After the wedding na d bride parent go pay dem house rent and food abi..

Some people don chop obloshi Toto dem brain don shrink.

PS. That guy no fit reach age 45 before that woman trouble go kill am..mark my words..
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by chukzyfcbb: 4:36pm On Jan 28, 2020
The funny thing be say at the end of the day if he decides to do a full wedding, the girls Parents can gift him anything above 1m as wedding cash gift and he will recover his expenses.

Cash gifts from all the wedding guests on that day can run into millions (wedding guest will be buoyant coz of the inlaws involved)

Some families will rather get them a car gift as against cash, some parents will include his name in the shares of their coy, I have seen this happen a lot.

it all depends on how buoyant the family is at the time.

All of these I have seen with my eyes, not nollywood

2 Likes

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Ryocaj(m): 4:38pm On Jan 28, 2020
Davash222:
Upcoming husband is a mumu man! You have 4M and you want to use 2M for honeymoon Upcoming wife fit no be virgin and you want to spent 2M for honeymoon. You want low key wedding but high class honeymoon. Didirin!
Guy go collect one crate of Orijin from Mama Chinedu.. I don pay..
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by JAWBONE(m): 4:40pm On Jan 28, 2020
Abeg who know this guy?? If im never ready, make e bring the woman come my side
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by churchee: 4:41pm On Jan 28, 2020
mezarddinny:
that man must be a fool. you wife's father wants to sponsor your wedding and you are angry? instead of you to pocket your money and let him spend his, invest your money well and when the gain comes, you will have your own respect and probably refund his money if you care to.

while some men are looking for a wife whose family can help their success you are forming strong head, don't you know that marrying into a rich family has more advantages than disadvantages? oh i think i get the kind of man he is, the one that wants his woman to worship the ground he walks on because of his money, since the wife is also from a rich family, he won't get that and he is insecure.

my brothers use your heads o, the rich are getting richer because they make smarter decisions, every decision they make is about how they can multiply their money, they don't let emotions or anything becloud their judgement, they must make money even if it is by letting their wife's family think lowly of them, once they make the money they are looking for, they challenge their in-laws and take back their respect. osinbajo married into an influential family but now he is the vice president and his in-laws cant say shit to him

If you are Christian, go back to the book of Genesis and read about Abraham, you will know why some men are unyielding in matters as this. If I were in his shoes, I will have a very big problem with my wife to be if she ever bring up the idea of sourcing for money from her father in the first place and I will never honour any invite from her parents on that topic. We are different, you don't have to call the man in question a fool. Otherwise, I might just call you a fool too for being too weak in the name of "worldly wisdom".
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by midnighter(f): 4:46pm On Jan 28, 2020
juman:
Nah fake story joo.
In wedding, its the ladys family that is sending their daughter out to her husband, so the wedding expenses are on them.
So they do the wedding according to their capacity. If they desire big wedding, the expenses are on them.

Yeah. I think we have forgotten this due to the fact that women normally try to marry from wealthier families than theirs. So they're happy to saddle the man with the bills

Actually it's the girls family who are hosting the guests to celebrate giving away their daughter while taking contributions (bride price) from the dude. But I suspect not many people keep to that formula.

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Bahddo(m): 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2020
Vortex369:
Money, you dont have. Yet you have pride.

Why spend 2m for honeymoon and peanut for wedding. Such crazy level of reasoning is why he is poor in the first place.

The lady shouldnt marry such a disaster. Wedding should be perfectly as the lady wants and the father-in-law will gladly sponsor the honeymoon.

Guy doesnt have sense.
someone with 4m available funds is poor? Are you serious right now? The internet has truly given people like you the power to be Bill Gates online from the comfort of your shanty in reality.

Coming from a silly boy pretending to be female, it's not much of a surprise.
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by XX01(f): 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2020
Nothing wrong in her parents funding some or most of the wedding. However, i see deeper issues at play here.
Seems he doesn't want the wife to keep relying on daddy which is going to be a big problem.
Her: "Honey, can we go to Dubai for shopping?"
Him: "No"
Her: "Don't worry, I will ask daddy for the money"
Him:

If he is not ready to agree to such happening during his marriage (including the plenty fight about money that looks sure to happen), he should quietly walk away now.

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by dyydxx: 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2020
This one na poor man strong head
In Yoruba land the Brides parents na dem get wedding So I really dont know what the trouble is about?
Then 2m on HM when you want to spend 150k on wedding as in who does that

2 Likes

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Vince77(m): 4:48pm On Jan 28, 2020
There is no close communication between the guy and the girls family that's why they are having this problem.
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by jaxxy(m): 4:48pm On Jan 28, 2020
Upcoming husband is feeling like vandame. E never know anything. The wedding is the gals own and she needs to be happy with it. If the guy can’t get it done to taste and her folks can, why not.. bt he shud make his own impact to the wedding also. If he can’t deal with her and her folks he shud go and flex his ego unnecessarily smwhere else.

I’m not saying the gal shudnt have a mind of her own bt a wedding is a family thing and everybody shud be carried along. It’s not about ur male ego.

4 Likes

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 28, 2020
excel001:

Did u say someone that worth 4m is poor in this Buhari's regime? You never see poverty be dat
4m is poor by global standard.

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by eyinjuege: 5:00pm On Jan 28, 2020
234GT:

I am yoruba from Ogun state.

But you know in your culture, it's the bride's family that hosts your people right?
Especially if they can afford it, they provide the venue, the food (of course your parents should also organise some food and drinks for their guests on that day, just in case the food the bride's family provides is not adequate).
You as the groom normally just buys the clothes you guys will wear, the wedding cake.

3 Likes

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by umoslink(m): 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2020
This is an easy arrangement to do with allow the girl parants to sponsor the Dubai trip while i use the 2m to do others things that needed to do for the wedding

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Quality20(m): 5:06pm On Jan 28, 2020
keep negotiating
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:08pm On Jan 28, 2020
Why would I spend 4m on wedding When I no rich..

A dey mad?

The guy xef not gbadun..

2m for honey moon

Zero everything on 150

Coz after wedding.. demands and responsibilities sets in..

Leave the girl for rich kid like her..

Don't waste your life savings
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Froshloaded: 5:10pm On Jan 28, 2020
xreal:
I think the right time for the guy to do the right thing is now.

Is it not the bride who should caution the groom's spending? Or she no go chop again after wedding, she no go wear cloth?

FTC dedicated to men who are under the remote control , bondage affluence of wife's super rich parents. One day, dem go dictate where and when not to shit.
Meaning of FTC
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by 234GT(m): 5:10pm On Jan 28, 2020
eyinjuege:

But you know in your culture, it's the bride's family that hosts your people right?
Especially if they can afford it, they provide the venue, the food (of course your parents should also organise some food and drinks for their guests on that day, just in case the food the bride's family provides is not adequate).
You as the groom normally just buys the clothes you guys will wear, the wedding cake.

You are correct. If the guy in question is yoruba, I don't understand his problem with the father in law sponsoring the wedding.

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Malawian(m): 5:10pm On Jan 28, 2020
Meanwhile some of us are looking for our helpers o, this one dey reject. #insidelife

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by ajl: 5:26pm On Jan 28, 2020
Wedding is a family affair and it's not a one man show. First, as a man do not feel intimated mentally by the fact that your proposed spouse is from a wealthy family, and neither should you let it show in the way you relate with your proposed spouse. How to do it?

Firstly, avoid the sentiments that come with such feeling by sitting her down and making your points clear on why you think or feel the way you do. Don't bring in the issue of her family wealth. Rather, focus on the fact as a new couple, you both must learn to be independent and only approach your parents as a last resort.

And about this wedding, i believe it's okay to accept supports from parents on both sides if the option is there. Would you have turned down an offer of support from your own parent?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by mechanics(m): 5:39pm On Jan 28, 2020
If he has discuss with her concerning the issue, there is nothing wrong for her dad to assist her, but she should know that is not everything she will ask from her parents once she's married, she should be able to manage whatever her husband will give her plus the work she will do also.

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Coolcalmcollect(m): 5:47pm On Jan 28, 2020
your friend na insecure modaforker. he doesnt deserve the girl. your friend will just die of heart attack, hes not happy he has inlaws that are willing to help. hes forming thanos.
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2020
Another Maryam Sanda case coming soon.

Make your friend carry wetin heavy pass him body first. Body go tell am. If him like, make e dey beat the wife....na shinap bottle she go carry break your friend head.

Even court judge go help her family dump your friend body six feet under. Case closed.

When they say date your type, Una no dey hear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Neddyogu(m): 5:54pm On Jan 28, 2020
stobery:
I support the guy 100%

I rather do spend all 4m on d wedding than allow him sponsor my wedding

I will then make him chairman of the occasion so he can donate big for honey moon

Sense will not kill me grin

You go make father in-law chairman of the occasion too? U dey vex o
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by americaninja1: 5:56pm On Jan 28, 2020
What a mumu man he is, he’s using agidi talaka dere(poverty stubbornness) . So u think only u can finance ur wedding. Na only u go chop d rice. Even if community talk say dem wan give me money to do wedding I go collect am with smile. Ur aim nw is to save an invest. No b to dey do head like wu shit hold for apapa traffic.
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by brownemmanuel43(m): 6:00pm On Jan 28, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
This is not a case at all.

Dude should walk away...

He doesn't need to be told that of he is sane. The fact alone that the lady can't stoop low at this level glaringly already spells doom ahead.

Better still, he can accept and use the lady do money rituals after wedding. Proceeds from it can be used to marry his dream wife and afford a big wedding

lols, bros u dey para

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by salt1: 6:01pm On Jan 28, 2020
234GT:
I am confused here. Very confused. Who organises a wedding? Is it the bride's family or the groom himself?
I think the bride's father is the one to organise the wedding based in his capabilities, and the grooms family is to provide financial support to the brides parents.
If my thoughts are wrong, someone should PLEASE enlighten me.

Among the Yorubas, the girl's family sponsors the wedding.
Among the Igbos, the bridegroom spends to marry a wife. He will even clothe and transport his parents-in-law for his wedding.

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by americaninja1: 6:02pm On Jan 28, 2020
Vortex369:
4m is poor by global standard.

shey gbadun..is nt only global standard , it’s universe standard. Maybe Na global currency u dey spend. 4million In d account is a millionaire. How many family can boost of 4million annual income, wen half of the population is living on $1 per day.

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by americaninja1: 6:03pm On Jan 28, 2020
salt1:

Among the Yorubas, the girl's family sponsors the wedding.
Among the Igbos, the bridegroom spends to marry a wife. He will even clothe and transport his parents-in-law for his wedding.
if Ino give dem tfare make dey no come nw.. ori won baje
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by cerpvad(m): 6:09pm On Jan 28, 2020
This is a big trap. The guy should not allow the lady's family sponsor the wedding. Otherwise, he will be selling out his authority as husband to the lady's family forever. Guys do not allow bride's rich family to foot the bill for your wedding. They will use it against you after the wedding because they will see you as a gold digger and this can damage your self-image and plunge you into depression grin grin
bamangar:
Story shared on Twitter by @the_onismate

I was talking with a friend few days back and he said anytime I'm ready to get married, I shouldn't marry any woman from a very rich family with so much attachment to her family. I asked why, he began narrating his wedding journey ordeal.
He's about to wed his woman. He only has N4m but intends spending N150 (court wedding and then feeding the 50 guests they are inviting. Then use N2m for honeymoon in Dubai. But bride no gree. She wants a big wedding.

Upcoming wife said either a big wedding or nothing. And her estimate for the big wedding is N5m.
Upcoming wife said if my guy can't bring out money for the big wedding, she would meet her dad for support. Well, she came from a rich family, her dad will be willing to roll out the cash. But my guy has refused. It would be a crash and dent on his image for upcomingwife to request money from her dad for their wedding.
Few closed family & friends had asked him to yield to up-coming wife's demands for her dad to sponsor the wedding. But my guy said from inception of the relationship, any slightest challenges, she always runs to her dad for solutions and he doesn't like it. He wants to start limiting her going to her parents to seek for solutions to every problems they have.

The girls parents are willing to foot wedding bills just to give their daughter her dream wedding. My guy has refused. Wedding preparations is on hold. My guy no gree, upcoming wife and her rich family no gree.

https://mobile.twitter.com/The_Onismate/status/1222036512394620928
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by CSTR2: 6:12pm On Jan 28, 2020
I don't mind father in law sponsoring a wedding.

Let me save my money for better things.

Invest bamboo is there. I go use am buy apple or google shares.

It is a better use of my money. Wedding is not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Lists Women Who Are Most Likely To Cheat. / Roommate Is Sleeping With Our Landlord, Should I Tell The Landlord’s Wife? / Benue University Student Slaps Man Who Proposed To Her In Lecture Room (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.