Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,564 members, 7,820,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. (7096 Views)

Russian Girls Learn Yoruba And Igbo Language / Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning / Photos Of Yoruba Candomble Worshippers In Brazil. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

Which useless historian, Onitcha , Ezike and Oguta people has never denied their root. I meant with their kings even recently.

Listen to Obi of Onitsha in his recent interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe1g8_dpTc8

Stop twisting the king's words. We didn't say Igbos are from Iduu.

He was trying to explain waves of migration in the past.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 4:54pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:

Mention d name of some of the chief,dont come online to start saying what you do not know juz for d sake of supremacy battle...

D day u guys accept and acknowledge the true origination of oduduwa,frm dat day EDO will c u all as brother,because u cant not distort their history to mke u superior and also claiming brotherhood...

Benin has always stand wit d fact that oduduwa was their son who escape excution and ran away to a new land...

Ile ife means i ran and i escape in Edo language

Izoduwa means i have choosen my path of prosperity in Edo language

Oduduwa is not from Igodomigodo

He is from Sudan or Mecca, nothing he brought to Ife that is attributed to our land.

The people that came with Orominyan are Ero, Oni, Balogun, Ogieva, Ihama to mention few and their family are still there.

Our only notable historian did not state that Oduduwa came from Igodomigodo, may you should show me the history that state such

1 Like

Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

Some benin chiefs share ancestral root with Ife and they are not up to 2% in Edo State.

They migrated to Igodomigodo in 1170AD. That doesn't mean people in Igodomigodo are yoruba.

Igodomigodo has been existing for thousands of years with IDU children before these so called Oduduwa came from Sudan or whatever they migrated from to Ille Ife.

The original occupants in Ife are Obatala which Olugbo of Ugbo is a descendant of.

Not my business just don't cross over here with your Igodomigodo history.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 4:56pm On Feb 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Well you're not more knowledgeable than ooni himself.

Oni of Ife dont know Igodomigodo history or our history and he doesn't even know where his father comes from.

He should look for his father first
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 4:57pm On Feb 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Stop twisting the king's words. We didn't say Igbos are from Iduu.

He was trying to explain waves of migration in the past.

The Onitcha people are from Igodomigodo and Nnadi Azikiwe in his Odyssey attest to that
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

The Onitcha people are from Igodomigodo and Nnadi Azikiwe in his Odyssey attest to that

Azikiwe story has been corrected a long time ago because it was erroneous and misleading.

It didn't stand the test of time.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 5:02pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:

You dont just tell a story from one side, accordingly to d benins oranmiyan returned home and he returned with those sent by d benins to look for their son oduduwa who was oranmiyan father,ile ife didnt conquer benin so no need king on dem,d reason y dey sought to look for oduduwa was d same reason y it is dat d son of d father must take of over from d father not by voting or rotation

Those are fake story

The people writing such story in Benin are Yorubas who their ancestors migrated from Ife. They are trying to create a new identity for themselves, hence the fabrication.

Non of our history states Oduduwa is from Igodomigodo
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 5:08pm On Feb 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Azikiwe story has been corrected a long time ago because it was erroneous and misleading.

It didn't stand the test of time.

You must be crazy grin

You now know Zik origins more than him

Black people are fraudulent

They will just wake up and start writing history in modern time to suit their political needs. Your ancestors has already laid down in pen where they come from and you are proving you know more than them, when you were not born then.

Same thing is happening in Benin today, 2% of people that migrated from Ife in 1170AD are now claiming Oduduwa their father in Ife migrated from Igodomigodo. Meanwhile, they dont even know the history of Igodomigodo, they are doing this to grab a land and create a new identity for themselves
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Dartilo(m): 5:18pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

Those are fake story

The people writing such story in Benin are Yorubas who their ancestors migrated from Ife. They are trying to create a new identity for themselves, hence the fabrication.

I m from Edo,benin city to b precise our history tell us dat oduduwa was from Edo a banish priest that fled through ughoton...
This is what we blv...

Or can anyone tell me the main reason benin sought to find oduduwa from ile ife to rule over them since dem were not conquer or vassal
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Dartilo(m): 5:21pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

Oduduwa is not from Igodomigodo

He is from Sudan or Mecca, nothing he brought to Ife that is attributed to our land.

The people that came with Orominyan are Ero, Oni, Balogun, Ogieva, Ihama to mention few and their family are still there.

Our only notable historian did not state that Oduduwa came from Igodomigodo, may you should show me the history that state such

Nttin like Balogun or Oni family in Benin bro,juz b sincere d remaining names r all Edo names so indigenous ile ife bears Edo names as family names in d past?
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Dartilo(m): 5:24pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

You must be crazy grin

They will just wake up and start writing history in modern time to suit their political needs. Your ancestors has already laid down in pen where they come from and you are proving you know more than them, when you were not born then.

Same thing is happening in Benin today, 2% of people that migrated from Ife in 1170AD are now claiming Oduduwa their father in Ife migrated from Igodomigodo. Meanwhile, they dont even know the history of Igodomigodo, they are doing this to grab a land and create a new identity for themselves

Oranmiyan came to Benin and ran back to oyo,he was accompanied by Benin chief who r indigenous to Edo...

Oranmiyan is Edo,because oduduwa himself is Edo,dat is wat dey r distorting
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 5:28pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:

Oranmiyan came to Benin and ran back to oyo,he was accompanied by Benin chief who r indigenous to Edo...

Oranmiyan is Edo,because oduduwa himself is Edo,dat is wat dey r distorting

Orominyan is not from Edo State

He is from Ife, the 6th Oni of Ife

His descendants are the 2% of people I refered to as Yorubas living in Edo State presently.

Oduduwa is from Sudan/Mecca

He is not from Igodomigodo

1 Like

Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

Those are fake story

Likewise non of our histories said we are from Igodomigodo.

Respect boundaries same way others are doing.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 5:29pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:

Nttin like Balogun or Oni family in Benin bro,juz b sincere d remaining names r all Edo names so indigenous ile ife bears Edo names as family names in d past?

Then you are not from Benin, if you dont know those names
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:

I m from Edo,benin city to b precise our history tell us dat oduduwa was from Edo a banish priest that fled through ughoton...
This is what we blv...

Or can anyone tell me the main reason benin sought to find oduduwa from ile ife to rule over them since dem were not conquer or vassal

The road to Ughoton lead to Ughele not Ife

There was never a prince banished from Igodomigodo that found Ife, the acclaimed Ogiso Awodo his father was childless.

Again, no Benin prince ever meant Oduduwa

Oduduwa was the first Oni of Ife and Orominyan is the 6th Oni of Ife.

Oduduwa ruled in Ife in around 4 century, the acclaimed Ogiso that gave birth to a banished prince ruled Igodomigodo in around 11:13AD

Ife kingdom senior ours when it comes to kingship. Everything Oduduwa brought to Ife, non is from our land. He came with 200 idols, non is tracable to us, he came with bronze casting which the Portugueses traced to some where Sudan.

Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Dartilo(m): 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

Orominyan is not from Edo State

He is from Ife, the 6th Oni of Ife

His descendants are the 2% of people I refered to as Yorubas living in Edo State presently.

He is not from Igodomigodo

Its very obvious u r distorting history,tell us how did u come wit d the 2 percent u r always up wit,mayb na ur census b dat...

Pride:they r ready to admit mecca,jerusalem,persia than Benin...sorry bro we knw d truth hmmm
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

You must be crazy grin

As at today even the king's has made it clear that his story wasn't a. Reflection of what happened and should be discarded. He is not a historian and he doesn't know more than the kings.

Anyway it all boils down that igodomigodo is only for Edo/bini alone...

Nothing else.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:

This is what we blv

Edo and yorubas are just brothers. The statement alone clarified that.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Dartilo(m): 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Likewise non of our histories said we are from Igodomigodo.

Respect boundaries same way others are doing.

Hve u watch d video of d king of ugbo who said and claim oduduwa was from benin,is on youtube bro
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:

Hve u watch d video of d king of ugbo who said and claim oduduwa was from benin,is on youtube bro

If oduduwa is from benin....Thats wonderful.

That's why are said that Edos and. Yorubas are like inseparable twins. Both are just brothers with striking and undisputed similarities.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by valarmorghulis: 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2020
12Monkeys:
Number 20 is a big fcking lie.

Ibadan sprung up organically as an IDP refugee camp catering to fleeing Yorubas from across the empire owing to the Fulani invasion .

Bros u need to read about yoruba history, ibada was originally egba land, but those warriors from oyo, ogbomoso etc overpowered them....
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 5:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

As at today even the king's has made it clear that his story wasn't a. Reflection of what happened and should be discarded. He is not a historian and he doesn't know more than the kings.

Anyway it all boils down that igodomigodo is only for Edo/bini alone...

Nothing else.

You think Zik was writing rubbish without consulting your kings then cool

Anyway, Igodomigodo comprises all south south, part of south east and part of south west
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

You think Zik was writing rubbish without consulting your kings then cool
[s]
Anyway, Igodomigodo comprises all south south, part of south east and part of south west [/s]

Lwkmd.

I done laugh tire.

Stop dreaming.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by BabaRamota1980: 5:44pm On Feb 01, 2020
AworiLagosian:

Pls, this Ode-Usen / Ufe kekere that the Okitipupas claim they came from sounds cunningly similar to Usen town in Edo state. Funny enough, their Oba there is called Elawure. It is in Edo after Okada town or after Ifon/Okeluse.

Is it the same one?

A little bit of history, the first royal court of Oranmiyan was Usen. There was no Bini at the time. Usen was the seat of power under Ogisos. Eweka was born in Usen. Nickname of Usen was "Little Ile Ife", or "New Ile Ife". When the seat of power moved Eastward the new place was called Ile Ibinu, which became Bini.

2 Likes

Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 5:44pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:

Where did Olugbo of Ugbo mentioned Oduduwa came from Benin here. I have great respect for Ugbo king who I have meant personally.

He only reference how confused Oduduwa children are, today they said they are from Benin, tomorrow, Saudi Arabia, next tomorrow Mecca. And sky

Ultimately, they dont know where their father came from. He told them to go look for their father. Listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDYNOtk3xqg

1 Like

Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by BabaRamota1980: 5:44pm On Feb 01, 2020
OP, great job!
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 5:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Lwkmd.

I done laugh tire.

Stop dreaming.

I am not my brother
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Dartilo(m): 5:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

The road to Ughoton lead to Ughele not Ife

There was never a prince banished from Igodomigodo that found Ife, the acclaimed Ogiso Awodo his father was childless

Thanks.

The 36 ogiso of igodomigodo was ogiso owodo who had only one son know as Ekaladeran,upon d dubious advice by a priest he was told to sacrifice his only child(Ekaladeran) to save his pple and he was taken to ughoton forest to b excuted but d executioner pitied him and told him to run far away,he ran to a new place called ile ife(dis is a benin word meaning i ran and i escape) and he told d pple dat his father was ogiso(meaning king of d sky) that explain d reason the pple tot dat he fell from d sky,every king in Benin upon ascension to d throne must chose a new name so e change his name to izoduwa(meaning i hve chose my path of prosperity)corrupted to oduduwa,the last ogiso died without a successor..

Dis brought war in benin,everyone claiming lord ova their own domain,so d pple elected Edayi( meaning caretaker or interim govt in Edo) headed by a man called Evian d greed for power made Evian to mke his son successors and d pple oppose..

Den news came to the palace dat Ekaladeran who is now oduduwa was not executed so d pple decided to look for d legitimate heir,upon wich d oracle was consulted and oduduwa was found...

1 Like

Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 5:48pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:

The 36 ogiso of igodomigodo was ogiso owodo who had only one son know as Ekaladeran,upon d dubious advice by a priest he was told to sacrifice his only child(Ekaladeran) to save his pple and he was taken to ughoton forest to b excuted but d executioner pitied him and told him to run far away,he ran to a new place called ile ife(dis is a benin word meaning i ran and i escape) and he told d pple dat his father was ogiso(meaning king of d sky) that explain d reason the pple tot dat he fell from d sky,every king in Benin upon ascension to d throne must chose a new name so e change his name to izoduwa(meaning i hve chose my path of prosperity)corrupted to oduduwa,the last ogiso died without a successor..

Dis brought war in benin,everyone claiming lord ova their own domain,so d pple elected Edayi( meaning caretaker or interim govt in Edo) headed by a man called Evian d greed for power made Evian to mke his son successors and d pple oppose..

Den news came to the palace dat Ekaladeran who is now oduduwa was not executed so d pple decided to look for d legitimate heir,upon wich d oracle was consulted and oduduwa was found...

Stop writing fake story, fabricated by Erediawa

Non of our history state such, and our Ogiso Awodo was childless.

Again, we don't sacrifice humans in Igodomigodo

It is yoruba people from Ife that brought that culture to our land.

1 Like

Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

I am not my brother

You're seriously dreaming. Moreover today nobody knows about such. Anyway....so no need.

Igbo nation is now today Igbo nation.

Nothing like that theory you propounding if it existed it has also died the way it was fabricated.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Dartilo(m): 5:53pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

Hello pple dis guy Atigba is not Edo it is a false pretence to accept yoruba as a benin man..

Tell me your local govt and villiage and d ward number and a major politician from ur ward ...

Pls do not google asap
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Dartilo(m): 5:54pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

Look at his spelling of Erediauwa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Does Befitting Burial Mean? / Is Black Really Beautiful? / The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.