Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,801 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. (7124 Views)

Russian Girls Learn Yoruba And Igbo Language / Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning / Photos Of Yoruba Candomble Worshippers In Brazil. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by RedboneSmith(m): 8:55pm On Mar 06, 2020
There are communitie with Ute in their names in Ika (Delta State) and also in Edo State. And while we know there is a connection between those in Edo and in Delta, I was wondering if they are as well connected to the one in Ondo.

But apparently, the one in Ondo appears to be distinct, according to the tradition.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by scholes0(m): 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Thanks.

So which village/Town/City is urs on the list. grin
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by RedboneSmith(m): 9:22pm On Mar 06, 2020
scholes0:

So which village/Town/City is urs on the list. grin

shocked shocked shocked

Wait, you thought I was Yoruba? I am not oh.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Opiletool(m): 8:54am On Mar 07, 2020
MelesZenawi:

All points to the fact that both are same people. No twisting.

Edos are Yorubas

Dude face your igbo land and stop lumping people together.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Opiletool(m): 8:58am On Mar 07, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Sometimes I tire for Nigerians

Bini has so much in common with yorubas....Is it names, food, words or even way of life.

You have olusegun in Edo and in yoruba
Same as Rotimi, Ade, even segun or something like that..

History has a correlation through oruminyan.

You may put it put under normal circumstances

Edo is yoruba and yoruba is edo....both. Has Oba as their king...

These are basic things we can see...I don't understanding what u guys are disputing.

Dude, those are Yorubas names adopted by Benin people. They have no meaning in Edo language.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 08, 2020
Opiletool:

Dude face your igbo land and stop lumping people together.

I am not lumping you guys but stating the obvious fact. Hardly will you differentiate an Edo man from a Yoruba man. Both are same and one people just found themselves in different states.

That been said, both share cultural and historical ties. Both adopts same status of Oba as king. Both reason politically the same.Both answer similar names. Both are just same people you can hardly segregate.

It is high time Edos key into Oduduwa republic because there they will be well comfortable simply Because they are dealing with their own people.

Let's keep the truth flowing.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 08, 2020
Opiletool:

Dude, those are Yorubas names adopted by Benin people. They have no meaning in Edo language.

Please I hate lies. If it has no meaning while then are they answering it even to this day.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by RedboneSmith(m): 9:44am On Mar 08, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Please I hate lies. If it has no meaning while then are they answering it even to this day.

You very clearly don't know anything about Edo people.

1 Like

Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 08, 2020
RedboneSmith:

You very clearly don't know anything about Edo people.

I don't know and wish not to with that your little book of history. What you know is what you read not what is obtainable.

How can people in midst of others naturally doesn't has ties with anybody, they are just there

Very ridiculous.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by RedboneSmith(m): 9:54am On Mar 08, 2020
MelesZenawi:

I don't know and wish not to with that your little book of history. What you know is what you read not what is obtainable.

How can people in midst of others naturally doesn't has ties with anybody, they are just there

Very ridiculous.

You are just all over the place. Did anybody here say there are no ties between Edo and Yoruba?

Like I said, you don't know anything about Edo people. You probably don't know anything about Yoruba people for that matter.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 08, 2020
RedboneSmith:

You are just all over the place. Did anybody here say there are no ties between Edo and Yoruba?

Like I said, you don't know anything about Edo people. You probably don't know anything about Yoruba people for that matter.

Contradicting yourself.

Well till tomorrow Edos are Yorubas and Yorubas are edos
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by gregyboy(m): 11:41am On Mar 08, 2020
OgboAto:

Only the Bini monarchy & certain Bini chiefs have Yoruba origin. Before the Yoruba encounter, Edo folks existed & after the encounter, the Edo folks continued to exist. Edo is Edo, they're not Yoruba.

Oduduwa is edo Benin prince

A non royalty cant occupy the royal stool
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by gregyboy(m): 11:42am On Mar 08, 2020
OgboAto:

History shows only the king & few chiefs are of Yoruba origins. Only a part of the political & art history of Edo ties with that of Yoruba. There's no need to appropriate.

Who be all this one....

Una drink
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by gregyboy(m): 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Sometimes I tire for Nigerians

Bini has so much in common with yorubas....Is it names, food, words or even way of life.

You have olusegun in Edo and in yoruba
Same as Rotimi, Ade, even segun or something like that..

History has a correlation through oruminyan.

You may put it put under normal circumstances

Edo is yoruba and yoruba is edo....both. Has Oba as their king...

These are basic things we can see...I don't understanding what u guys are disputing.

Oromiyan didnt infleunce anything here in benjn get your fact right

At of the kingdoms edo influenced on majority are Yorubas

The benin soldiers ventured into ondo, ekiti, osun, ogun
And influence them politically and religiously
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by gregyboy(m): 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2020
Atigba:

Some benin chiefs share ancestral root with Ife and they are not up to 2% in Edo State.

They migrated to Igodomigodo in 1170AD. That doesn't mean people in Igodomigodo are yoruba.

Igodomigodo has been existing for thousands of years with IDU children before these so called Oduduwa came from Sudan or whatever they migrated from to Ille Ife.

The original occupants in Ife are Obatala which Olugbo of Ugbo is a descendant of.

Who b dis one
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by gregyboy(m): 12:55pm On Mar 08, 2020
Atigba:

Stop writing fake story, fabricated by Erediawa

Non of our history state such, and our Ogiso Awodo was childless.

Again, we don't sacrifice humans in Igodomigodo

It is yoruba people from Ife that brought that culture to our land.

You re igbo trying to cause problem here on this forum
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by gregyboy(m): 12:58pm On Mar 08, 2020
Atigba:

I will tell you my local government if you tell me yours because your not from Benin.

You couldn't even identify Balogun family

Which balogun family
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 08, 2020
gregyboy:

Oromiyan didnt infleunce anything here in benjn get your fact right

At of the kingdoms edo influenced on majority are Yorubas

The benin soldiers ventured into ondo, ekiti, osun, ogun
And influence them politically and religiously

Whosoever that influences who but the answer is simple yorubas and edos has so much in common.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by darfay: 5:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Did Reno omokori tell you he is itsekiri? He is urobo

Richard Mofe Bamijo

Omo Shola/ Sola

Orisha femi/ Oluwa femi

Omawumi / Omowumi

Those are very popular Itsekiris! I bet you can spot the similarities in the names and Yoruba language.

RMD na urhobo o from udu lga

Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Iamgrey5(m): 5:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
darfay:

RMD na urhobo o from udu lga

He is a mixture of Urobo and Ishekiri
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by gregyboy(m): 6:00pm On Mar 08, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Whosoever that influences who but the answer is simple yorubas and edos has so much in common.

Yea its natural for the similarities but your kinsmen always attribute our influence on yorubas as influence yoruba had on Benin which is wrong
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 08, 2020
gregyboy:

Yea its natural for the similarities but your kinsmen always attribute our influence on yorubas as influence yoruba had on Benin which is wrong

I am not looking at influence because that's been mischievous but I am looking at two separated by states.

Edos and yorubas are just samething.

What is happening is just superiority but that's nonsense.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by gregyboy(m): 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
MelesZenawi:

I am not looking at influence because that's been mischievous but I am looking at two separated by states.

Edos and yorubas are just samething.

What is happening is just superiority but that's nonsense.

If we can't look at the influence then we can't tell the other factors properly
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 08, 2020
gregyboy:

If we can't look at the influence then we can't tell the other factors properly

Just know that both of you guys are same people
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by gregyboy(m): 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Just know that both of you guys are same people

You use thesame people for your selfish interest so it would cover the history behind bini supiority over yoruba people...

My friend we are different people

In everyway

Rome ruled England they share some words together they have the same skin and even looks but they are still different people
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 08, 2020
gregyboy:

You use thesame people for your selfish interest so it would cover the history behind bini supiority over yoruba people...

My friend we are different people

In everyway

Rome ruled England they share some words together they have the same skin and even looks but they are still different people

I am not Yoruba but I just say things the way I see it.

Culturally the rightful people Bini should relate with are Yorubas.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by darfay: 8:41pm On Mar 08, 2020
Iamgrey5:
He is a mixture of Urobo and Ishekiri

Sorry he is not a mixture of anything,he is an urhobo man with itsekiri name,all his children have urhobo names instead

What's wrong with thses Afonja for Christ sake?
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Iamgrey5(m): 8:43pm On Mar 08, 2020
darfay:

Sorry he is not a mixture of anything,he is an urhobo man with itsekiri name,all his children have urhobo names instead

What's wrong with thses Afonja for Christ sake?
He is an Urhobo man with an Ishekiri name !

Why does he have an Ishekiri name?
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by darfay: 11:37am On Mar 09, 2020
Iamgrey5:
He is an Urhobo man with an Ishekiri name !

Why does he have an Ishekiri name?

At the end of the day, he is an urhobo man not itsekiri. You Afonjaz are disgusting, imagine this Yoruba Muslim from oshogbo talking authoritatively about Delta and deltans.
Salahudeen olanrewaju jalaaludeen Mohammed stick to ile ekewu
Bloody Yoruba Muslim
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Iamgrey5(m): 11:49am On Mar 09, 2020
darfay:

At the end of the day, he is an urhobo man not itsekiri. You Afonjaz are disgusting, imagine this Yoruba Muslim from oshogbo talking authoritatively about Delta and deltans.
Salahudeen olanrewaju jalaaludeen Mohammed stick to ile ekewu
Bloody Yoruba Muslim
Ia this all your brain can process!
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by darfay: 11:56am On Mar 09, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Ia this all your brain can process!

olanrewaju salahudeen salako my Yoruba Muslim brother descendant of oduduwa the fallen Angel stop taking slimy ewedu under this heat it causes of over heating of the membranes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Land Did The Ijaws Give Other Niger Delta Groups And When? / Owe Yoruba / What People Think About Certain Reflex Behaviours.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.