Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. (7024 Views)

Russian Girls Learn Yoruba And Igbo Language / Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning / Photos Of Yoruba Candomble Worshippers In Brazil. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Dartilo(m): 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

Where did Olugbo of Ugbo mentioned Oduduwa came from Benin here. I have great respect for Ugbo king who I have meant personally.

He only reference how confused Oduduwa children are, today they said they are from Benin, tomorrow, Saudi Arabia, next tomorrow Mecca. And sky

Ultimately, they dont know where their father came from. He told them to go look for their father. Listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDYNOtk3xqg

He said if d oni dont knw his source he should as well visit d Oba to lecture him
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:

He said if d oni dont knw his source he should as well visit d Oba to lecture him

Yes, he was talking about himself

Ugbo king is the owner of Ife, Oduduwa is from Sudan/Mecca

Everything he brought was traced by Portugueses to that region, I believed he is one of the kings who fled prophet Mohamed jihad
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Dartilo(m): 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba had gone to google and probably come back here to claim he is not going to answer me...

Wat do u gain claiming an ethnic group juz to bring dat ethnic down
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 6:03pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:
Atigba had gone to google and probably come back here to claim he is not going to answer me...

Wat do u gain claiming an ethnic group juz to bring dat ethnic down

What is your question
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 6:04pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:

Look at his spelling of Erediauwa

How many Benin history have you read?
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Dartilo(m): 6:05pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

Yes, he was talking about himself

Ugbo king is the owner of Ife, Oduduwa is from Sudan/Mecca

Everything he brought was traced by Portugueses to that region, I believed he is one of the kings who fled prophet Mohamed jihad

Pls tell us d name of the Portuguese explorer,because all those dat came in contact with the benins are all recorded...
What their name the Portuguese dat trace wat he brought..lolz
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 6:05pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:

Hello pple dis guy Atigba is not Edo it is a false pretence to accept yoruba as a benin man..

Tell me your local govt and villiage and d ward number and a major politician from ur ward ...

Pls do not google asap

I will tell you my local government if you tell me yours because your not from Benin.

You couldn't even identify Balogun family
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

I will tell you my local government if you tell me yours because your not from Benin.

You couldn't even identify Balogun family

What kind of useless argument is all these and you still mentioning yoruba names.

Balogun is n Edo likewise a yoruba name.

Long stories cut short...

Edos are yorubas and yorubas are edos.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Dartilo(m): 6:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
[quote author=Atigba post=86294979]

You couldn't even identify Balogun family[/quotepp]

I am from uroho town after okha in bye pass if u r heading towards warri in ikpoba okha local govt ,but i reside in oredo local govt in G r a at etete quarterz
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Dartilo(m): 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

What kind of useless argument is all these and you still mentioning yoruba names.

This Atigba guy is not an Edo indigene
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 6:12pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:

Pls tell us d name of the Portuguese explorer,because all those dat came in contact with the benins are all recorded...
What their name the Portuguese dat trace wat he brought..lolz

Where did I assert that Portugueses that meant Benin said Oduduwa browse casting was traced to Sudan?
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 6:13pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:

Yes you are right

I'm IDU, a citizen of Igodomigodo
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by nlPoster: 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2020
It seems many of the traditionally Yoruba names of Benin/Edo indigenes are related to war titles or strategy.

So it's possible Yoruba assisted/mentored ancient Benin/Edo with security network or there was cooperation between them in this area.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Dartilo(m): 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2020
[quote author=Atigba post=86295142]

Where did I assert that Portugueses that meant Benin said Oduduwa browse casting was traced to Sudan?

[/quote

Wat r d so called names of d Portuguese
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 6:15pm On Feb 01, 2020
[quote author=Dartilo post=86295190][/quote]

Who brought browse casting to Benin?
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:

Oh thought as much. His claims aren't consistent.

Still the Op scholes should go back and include. Edos as yorubas with. Explanation and the rest.

Balogun is a yoruba and an edo name likewise olusegun, rotimi...

So you guys should harmonise the fault lines.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 01, 2020
nlPoster:
It seems many of the traditionally Yoruba names of Benin/Edo indigenes are related to war titles or strategy.

So it's possible Yoruba assisted/mentored ancient Benin/Edo with security network or there was cooperation between them in this area.

You're right.

Edo and yorubas are just same brothers. Blood is thicker than water.

Read all the facts here it all boils down to both as brothers.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2020
[quote author=Dartilo post=86295082][/quote]

Okay
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Still the Op scholes should go back and include. Edos as yorubas with. Explanation and the rest.

I am not Edo

How can I be Edo, I am IDU
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

I am not Edo

Edo is a modern name
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 6:26pm On Feb 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

The people that bear Balogun in Edo traced their ancestors to Ife
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

I am not Edo

Edo is a modern name

Ohkay. Just make sure you don't go overboard with outrageous claims.

That's all.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

The people that bear Balogun in Edo traced their ancestors to Ife

And same people are edos/binis like you. So all might still be same.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 6:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

And same people are edos/binis like you. So all might still be same.

Balogun has no meaning in my language

I know all the families that migrated from Ife to our land and I know their greetings.

A stranger cannot be telling us our own history all because of supremacy. Fabricating and disturting our history is the reason why I took my time to write here sometimes. Some few persons in our land who their ancestors came from Ife are trying all they can to destroy our history and link our entire population to Yorubas. Meanwhile they are just 2%.

One of the reason I like the Europeans, they document their history no matter who it favours. Germans killed millions of Jews, they document it. The Spanish killed all the black slaves after slave trade, they document it. Same with all other European countries. They are not proud of what happened, they document it so that the next generation can learn from it.

Why cant we Africans do the same, why are we always trying to fabricate lies for political and ethnic supremacy.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Dartilo(m): 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dis Atigba guy is juz here to make noise no balogun family in Edo pls
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 6:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:

Quiet
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Atigba: 6:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dartilo:

Quiet

What is the meaning of Benin in your language anyway
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
Atigba:

Balogun has no meaning in my language

I know all the families that migrated from Ife to our land and I know their greetings.

A stranger cannot be telling us our own history all because of supremacy. Fabricating and disturting our history is the reason why I took my time to write here sometimes. Some few persons in our land who their ancestors came from Ife are trying all they can to destroy our history and link our entire population to Yorubas. Meanwhile they are just 2%.

One of the reason I like the Europeans, they document their history no matter who it favours. Germans killed millions of Jews, they document it. The Spanish killed all the black slaves after slave trade, they document it. Same with all other European countries. They are not proud of what happened, they document it so that the next generation can learn from it.

Why cant we Africans do the same, why are we always trying to fabricate lies for political and ethnic supremacy.

That's nice submission....but you're trying to do same over here with your Igodomigodo claim's.

All these will give rise to fabrications and distortions.

Respect others history and boundaries and nobody will tamper with yours.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by RedboneSmith(m): 7:45pm On Mar 06, 2020
Please, the communities that bear the name "Ute" (I think they're in Ondo State.) What is their origin?
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by scholes0(m): 8:40pm On Mar 06, 2020
RedboneSmith:
Please, the communities that bear the name "Ute" (I think they're in Ondo State.) What is their origin?

Yes, Ute or Ute ilogi is a small village in Osse local government.
They migrated from Imeri town, Their progenitor is Akensi. Imeri was formerly in Edo state but was transferred to Ondo when the people of the town clamored for that, since they claim the state was wrong (They being Yoruba and not Edo)

In exchange for the moving of Yoruba speaking Imeri to Ondo from Edo, Sobe was moved to Edo from Ondo.
Re: See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. by RedboneSmith(m): 8:51pm On Mar 06, 2020
scholes0:

Yes, Ute or Ute ilogi is a small village in Osse local government.
They migrated from Imeri town, Their progenitor is Akensi. Imeri was formerly in Edo state but was transferred to Ondo when the people of the town clamored for that, since they claim the state was wrong (They being Yoruba and not Edo)

In exchange for the moving of Yoruba speaking Imeri to Ondo from Edo, Sobe was moved to Edo from Ondo.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sons Of The Soil: The History Of The GBAGYI People Of Abuja / Who Own Egusi And Pounded Yam / See The Real Reasons Why Nigerian Women Wear Waist Beads ( Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.