Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? (3398 Views)

Why Do Guys Find Tall Gurls Intimidating And Unapproachable? / Can Any Lady Make Me Understand????.... / This Lady's Make Up Transformation Will Leave You Speechless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by IyaTola: 12:30pm On Jan 30, 2020
I initially saw an advert he put up on a thread showing different cars for sale and I playfully showed interest in one. This man called 7am today to give me lecture on why i shouldn't own a car because I am single and that it will chase real men away from me. I was and still am dumbfounded till this moment so I said let me ask everyone here.

Does owning a car as a single lady make one less attracted / unapproachable to real men?

And to the men, do you feel threatened if she owns a car ? Does this really pose as a danger in any form?

Anyways, its my first time here and I said let me introduce myself.

1 Like

Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by Offpoint: 12:33pm On Jan 30, 2020
A woman owning a car is equivalent to her owning a díck bigger than her man's own and you know what happens a Lady have a díck.... No submissiveness.

Don't give women money, power and position. This things naturally make them play God.

If Anita no longer picked Haruna calls, non say hello to James cuz of London used iPhone X sent to her from abroad, imagine what she will do if own a pencil Camry.

16 Likes

Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 30, 2020
Dear IyaTola;

My attention has been drawn to your stylish campaign seeking public sympathy and validation for Single Mom's.

In your previous thread,

https://www.nairaland.com/5633375/single-mom#85823700

You tried to make it look as if Nigerian men go about disrespecting single mom's.

This is not a good way to start.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by noblealuu: 12:41pm On Jan 30, 2020
Well,in this part of the world, would be suitors will find you intimidating or someone who got it all and will be difficult to please.

Fear of not being submissive when the chips are down will be running through their minds.

However, this doesn't completely rule out the fact that a God-sent man might still come around to seek your hand in wedlock.

8 Likes

Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by chigoizie7(m): 1:05pm On Jan 30, 2020
In that part of the world. I guess, yes.

Men feel intimidated most of the times.

But I do not blame them. That was how they were raised. To be the head , to be the provider.

Plus, women tend to be disrespectful when they are more buoyant than the guy.

Example is when a man will cater for the family for years, but when he has a slight financial set back, and the woman takes over, the entire world will hear about how useless the man is. So, to avoid being ridiculed, men tends to stay away from such ladies.

That is my 2 cents though.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by mechanics(m): 2:02pm On Jan 30, 2020
It depends on what she's using the car for, if it's for showing off, then men won't approach her, they are even some ladies that don't have car and are not approachable due to their character, so it all depends.

1 Like

Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by Mobree: 2:20pm On Jan 30, 2020
Loooooooooool

Actually, men approach women with cars..men with bigger cars lol

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by ednut1(m): 2:24pm On Jan 30, 2020
Men want to be worshiped. A guy with car is worshipped and adored by careless girls. Not the ones with car. Its better to for the easier meal
Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by Realmenlovetruly(m): 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2020
Mummy Tola change your profile pic
Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by Tonnyray: 3:14pm On Jan 30, 2020
Realmenlovetruly:
Leave her alone. Even Coca Cola still dey advertise. grin

2 Likes

Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by IyaTola: 10:30pm On Jan 30, 2020
Realmenlovetruly:

y
Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by sodiqapril(m): 10:33pm On Jan 30, 2020
It doesn't you make you less attractive it makes you less approachable because Nigerian ladies are so full of themselves that they cannot date anyone they consider below their class.....there are few exceptions btw
Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:28pm On Jan 30, 2020
IyaTola:
I initially saw an advert he put up on a thread showing different cars for sale and I playfully showed interest in one. This man called 7am today to give me lecture on why i shouldn't own a car because I am single and that it will chase real men away from me. I was and still am dumbfounded till this moment so I said let me ask everyone here.

Does owning a car as a single lady make one less attracted / unapproachable to real men?

And to the men, do you feel threatened if she owns a car ? Does this really pose as a danger in any form?

Few guys wouldn't care less but, in Nigeria society many guys would give a second thought about it. It's cool for a woman to own a car, job, house etc smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by oyaaa(m): 11:57pm On Jan 30, 2020
IyaTola:
y
its distracting grin grin grin
Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by mumumugu(m): 12:52am On Jan 31, 2020
A WOMAN THAT OWNES ABD DRIVES A CAR CANNOWN ANDV DRIVE AND CONTROL THE MAN AROUND
Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by zed7: 2:33am On Jan 31, 2020
It's all insecurity. I always wanted a girlfriend who had a car. I gave my then girlfriend (now wife and I didn't know then it would lead to marriage) my car to be using to work since I didn't used to drive to work then. Enrolled her at a driving school.

I always chatted up girls whom I met at the mechanics or the car wash. Asked them questions about the performance of the car etc. I actually admired single girls with cars.

2 Likes

Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by BlackfireX: 3:52am On Jan 31, 2020
I don't understand
Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by iceybux(m): 6:55am On Jan 31, 2020
Hey! Well If U Tryin Afford It For Showoff,did Suggest U Let Go,but If For Easy Mobility N For Less Stressful Movement,then Dont Give A Bleep,a Man Who Wants U Will Get U Inregards Less.. TGIF .. Got Plans
Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by Kobicove(m): 6:58am On Jan 31, 2020
Personally I don't really care whether a single lady owns a car or not but I understand some guys have issues with it undecided
Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by ImaIma1(f): 7:27am On Jan 31, 2020
IyaTola:

Please get your car and let every man deal with his ego problems himself.

The same men will say they don't want a liability. Their woman must be working. But they want to place an embargo on her owning a car. Very silly mindset.

A man with a healthy ego won't have a problem with it.

Besides what's a car for? Moving around without hassles. I had a car when I was single.

The guy I started dating had just sold his. He didn't have a problem with me having one. He would either drive or recline in the passenger's seat while I drove. We married now.

Some men are so insecure that a car will make them feel threatened and probably emasculate them. Run from those types!

4 Likes

Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by proclinician: 7:29am On Jan 31, 2020
Erediauwa:
Dear IyaTola;

My attention has been drawnto your stylish campaign seeking public sympathy and validation for Single Mom's.

In your previous thread,

https://www.nairaland.com/5633375/single-mom#85823700

You tried to make it look as if Nigerian men go about disrespecting single mom's.

This is not a good way to start.

Neither is it a good way to live a short life. Iyatola get a life now. You don't have much time.
Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by Came4amod: 8:15am On Jan 31, 2020
proclinician:

Neither is it a good way to live a short life. Iyatola get a life now. You don't have much time.

She don't have much time ... So she should settle for you grin grin .. If u want iyatola .. U dont need to open a new profile and try to social engineer her to you .. You just need to up your game .. Get so much money that when u take iyatola for a date in real life she will never forget you .. Thank you

Back to the question .. Owning a car can give broke guys a run .. But if u have money to buy a car .. U don't need a carless man .. You need something to compliment you not reduce you .. If u r at the level of car .. Madam only men with car should be bold enough for you .. Unless u want to settle .. Don't be too in a hurry everyone's time Is coming u just have to be patient not to fall into wrong hands ..thank you
Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by zexy2030(m): 9:57am On Jan 31, 2020
IyaTola:

How do you see a man owning a lounge or strip club without a wife. Same way we see some women owning fleet of cars without a man.
They will be trust issues on ur side( as car dealer)
Then on his side they will be submission issues( works with sluts) .
But most women are approachable even with their cars.
Most times we think the submissiveness is before marriage after two or 3 kids u will want to be the man, esp. If d guy is not as wealthy as u r. Even if u r rich like dangote, any woman can be controlled.
Wealth or no wealth I can control any woman.
Women have only one password.
Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 31, 2020
You need to get yourself a life. All these your pity party single mother topics you've been littering on nairaland ain't changing nothing. Nobody put you for that position.

I repeat get a life!
Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by Realmenlovetruly(m): 1:43pm On Jan 31, 2020
IyaTola:
y

Cos only your pretty face is okay to attract realmen you dont need to show me your boobs

1 Like

Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by IyaTola: 9:47pm On Feb 01, 2020
mumumugu:
A WOMAN THAT OWNES ABD DRIVES A CAR CANNOWN ANDV DRIVE AND CONTROL THE MAN AROUND
Rubbish
Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by IyaTola: 9:48pm On Feb 01, 2020
Kobicove:
Personally I don't really care whether a single lady owns a car or not but I understand some guys have issues with it undecided
inferiority complex
Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by IyaTola: 9:52pm On Feb 01, 2020
patani, Wapizy , Barzinime, GodMade19,
pakingzzzzz , BlackfireX and xeju please get in touch with me through the link on my profile or drop your mails. Thank you
Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by linearity: 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2020
I think it cut both ways, that is to the guy without a car and to the lady with a car.

It makes the ladies less approachable because of preconceived notions about ‘ladies with cars’. Though many of these notions may be wrong, but the resultant effect is, your pool of suitors are reduced before you are even given the chance to rebut those notions and to prove that you are different.

Secondly, most ladies would not be able to stand a guy without a car, if they have one; because they are ‘now in a different class’, so many guys just shy away, without checking what is underneath the covers for fears.

Thirdly, even some ladies who will entertain it do not have the self confidence to withstand their own peer pressure, as a result they either find themselves mounting more pressure on the guy to ‘upgrade’ or paint a false picture of accomplishment of their boo before their girlfriends.

This makes many ladies to them go the extra mile to spend on behalf of their boyfriends to ‘upgrade’ them to bring them up to standard. This is very bad because, it purely done because of inferiority complex and many guys will dump the lady out of shame or out of self preservation.

The real question is, as a lady with a car; can you truly date a guy without a car and still be proud of him, show him off to your friends as such and don’t feel ‘ashame’ inside or see a need to ‘upgrade him’ or put pressure on him to ‘upgrade himself’?

Off course I don’t mean that, the guy should not have plans, aspirations or dreams.

2 Likes

Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2020
Only men who lack confidence. As long as the woman does not let the car get to her head and understands properly who is the head of the family, there is usually no problem.
Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by vickydankal(f): 11:26pm On Feb 01, 2020
Men will see a diligent, committed and hardworking woman while boys (age not a factor) will be intimidated and threatened.

Depending on what part of the country you are, the type of job you do and how soon you may want to settle down will affect your decision of buying a car and the type of car you will eventually buy.

If you are in Lagos, Abuja and Portharcourt
And your type of job necessitate it, Nne buy the car, there you will find hardworking men driving planes on tarred roads. And seeing you on your ride will motivate them to approach you and not see you as a gold digger. (Though not all men )

But if you reside in other parts of the country and marriage is your next plan you may have to slow down your desire for a car.

Men have pride (which is good when it is balanced) to be the head, and if a lady seems to lead financially as a single, fear takes greater part of them to begin to wonder how terrible she will be when married. But many times these fears are still unrealistic and preposterous.

2 Likes

Re: Does Owning A Car As A Single Lady Make One Less Attracted / Unapproachable? by BlackfireX: 4:14am On Feb 02, 2020
IyaTola:
patani, Wapizy , Barzinime, GodMade19,
pakingzzzzz , BlackfireX and xeju please get in touch with me through the link on my profile or drop your mails. Thank you

Kingbofak@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys If You Understand These Twelve Ladies' Signs,you Will Never Lose Her / +18; Rate My Amzing And Spetacular Graphic. / Why Do Women Get Angry At This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.