Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News (52327 Views)

Ghanaian Court Returns Ownership Of Winners Chapel Ghana To Bishop Oyedepo / How Reno Omokri Convinced Daddy Freeze To Apologise To Bishop Oyedepo / Daddy Freeze Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by masterflowx(m): 3:03pm On Jan 31, 2020
post=86263695:

[s]Na dem dey below so...... cheesy
You really know how the mind of an average Nigerian citizen works!
Hypocrisy reigns supreme[/s]!!

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Osidazz19: 3:07pm On Jan 31, 2020
InfoSources:
shocked
RIP INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM IN NIGERIA..

And all those atheists and others celebrating, you see your life now? After you will be wishing to leave the country, someone will laugh at you when you fail to do so cause Karma is real.

Rubbish, this is the real fake news. The US embassy will NEVER make public announcement on such issues.
This is the handy work of one of the fraudsters zombies trying to change the real story.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by foleskay(m): 3:07pm On Jan 31, 2020
I just kept wondering at the stupidity of some members of this forum with the way they were ranting on the previous thread about the visa issue, asif Oyedepo is behind their misfortunes in life. Even the so called christians too masturbating everywhere. Nigeria is full of many mischievous personalities!!
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by itu404(m): 3:07pm On Jan 31, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you too badooooo
[quote author= post=86263719][/quote]
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Andywalker(m): 3:07pm On Jan 31, 2020
thats one of their satanic ways to fight the church,spreading fake news everywhere, they have failed already and will continue failing.the force behind the church is too strong and powerful for them to handle
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by dasparrow: 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2020
I will not put anything past Americans. My gut feeling tells me that they did deny Bishop Oyedepo the visa at first not realizing who he is perhaps. However, when newspapers published the story, the embassy quickly had to issue Bishop Oyedepo the visa.

Notice that the tweet came from the American embassy in Abuja. Why didn't it come from the American embassy in Lagos where Bishop Oyedepo had applied and was apparently denied? American embassy in Lagos knew they messed up while American embassy Abuja are now trying to save face by sending out this crappy tweet.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Afolabimills(m): 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2020
philip0906:
Daddy Freeze blokos go don freeze by now...You needed to see the excitement on social media and even on nairaland by dimwits as if one of their oppressors was punished.

While I don't give a fvck about Oyedepo or any other pastor, I was wondering what exactly the excitement about visa denial was.
grin >: grin
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by AmeLonRo(m): 3:09pm On Jan 31, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glajxQByAk0 Crazy side of Lagos. Is Lagos crazy or not?
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by itu404(m): 3:11pm On Jan 31, 2020
firstly, i want to thank the embassy for taking the time to refute such news; like i wrote when i read it i said there must have been a mistake you see. people should grow up and see know how society works
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Angelfrost(m): 3:12pm On Jan 31, 2020
philip0906:
Daddy Freeze blokos go don freeze by now...You needed to see the excitement on social media and even on nairaland by dimwits as if one of their oppressors was punished.

While I don't give a fvck about Oyedepo or any other pastor, I was wondering what exactly the excitement about visa denial was.

The average Nigerian gets unduly excited when anyone better or higher placed than he is suffers major or minor setbacks....

There has never been a more satanic and diabolical country.... Part of the reasons why progress is limited.

8 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:15pm On Jan 31, 2020
Sijo01:
News like that further energize the sponsors of the social media bill.

The news most certainly came from the proponent. Of that devilish bill. It is their own way of getting him and us to support their design. He remains an anti-social media bill supporter so they want him to kind of ”feel” what it is like to be ”maligned ” they have failed

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 31, 2020
dasparrow:
I will not put anything past Americans. My gut feeling tells me that they did deny Bishop Oyedepo the visa at first not realizing who he is perhaps. However, when newspapers published the story, the embassy quickly had to issue Bishop Oyedepo the visa.

Notice that the tweet came from the American embassy in Abuja. Why didn't it come from the American embassy in Lagos where Bishop Oyedepo had applied and was apparently denied? American embassy in Lagos knew they messed up while American embassy Abuja are now trying to save face by sending out this crappy tweet.

It's obvious that you had evil.mind towards David Oyedepo. Must he applied through Lagos centre? Even when the truth and evident is coming from the US Twitter,you are still doubting. If you are not sure of what the Twitter says, oya, go to court and let the judge interpret it for you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Agugbadin: 3:20pm On Jan 31, 2020
FactBoyz:
I just love this comment. It is very true.. May God help us as many people will actually rejoice when they see you fall..

Y'all laughing at Oyedepo when youre praying to leave the country... Heard of Karma?

The joy Nigerians derive in seeing someone fail baffles me

Even at your place of work, some Nigerians will rejoice to see others fall, it is sad, that is why the scripture says that the heart of man is desperately wicked. May God forgive peddlers of fake news

4 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Talknochip(m): 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2020
It was really sad reading all that 8 pages hate comments on NL earlier today. The beloved man is enjoying the grace of God in his life. A true man of God doesnt need to fight his battle. Becareful with a man doing the will of God (winning of souls & deliverance of men from the devil). God will not only be fighting for just the man but for his will that He is walking with the MOG as a vessel to established.

4 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by itu404(m): 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2020
Corrections:
America government expected baba to have obtained American passport long time ago and become American citizen than being a Nigerian that he may invest his WEALTH in America. ...but they are disappointed that he is still a Nigerian. .. grin

AMERICA BE CAREFUL!!!
absolutely right. US loves success in any field and they will gladly welcome them grin grin

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by seangy4konji: 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2020
candidbabe:
That's my papa
You never see your papa..

Ask your mama well well. Oyedepo know his children. Ooo
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Wantedola(m): 3:24pm On Jan 31, 2020
Well.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by ogbonti: 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2020
Suckers everywhere on Nairaland

Most of you supporting Oyedepo here cannot

Be 10% sure of getting a US visa but will kee

Yourselves to make sure no one believes OYedepo

Was denied a visa. Oyedepo has made it in life

How do you intend to make it in your own life?

Stop worshiping these god of men... try and make

It in your own life so you can get a visa honorably

From the US embassy. Stop enriching pastors!!!
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Amadioha02: 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Like seriously

Too many bad writers everywhere writing bunch of lies

Damnnnnn niggarrr!!!

That reminds me of these quotes:

"When I was a little boy they called me a liar but now that am grown up they call me a writer"

Fuckkk. Middle finger to all writers
oga u too dry. how old are you? Make we hear word with this your wannabe slang. e too dry .

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Agugbadin: 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2020
[quote author=dasparrow post=86264490]I will not put anything past Americans. My gut feeling tells me that they did deny Bishop Oyedepo the visa at first not realizing who he is perhaps. However, when newspapers published the story, the embassy quickly had to issue Bishop Oyedepo the visa.

Notice that the tweet came from the American embassy in Abuja. Why didn't it come from the American embassy in Lagos where Bishop Oyedepo had applied and was apparently denied? American embassy in Lagos knew they messed up while American embassy Abuja are now trying to save face by sending out this crappy tweet.[/quoteu were not wh

I am not sure whether you were born when Bishop started traveling to US to attend Pastor Kenneth Hagins programs. I would have been surprised if this news is true. A man that has touched many lives positively, established the best schools in Nigeria from primary to University, created a modern city from a village and many more.

7 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by slowice(m): 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2020
I was wondering, if it could happen to a very prominent and up standing Nigerian then who else would be safe.... I mean he is not trying to run away like most of us... He is a big customer traveling with entourage.

6 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by jediwice(m): 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2020
Bad News flies faster and wider than good News..!!

Since 1685....

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by redsun(m): 3:34pm On Jan 31, 2020
How do we know this counterclaim is not a lie? America is just as bad in covering up the truth as Nigeria, just like the drama that is playing out in their senate at the moment.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by blowjohn(m): 3:35pm On Jan 31, 2020
Nbote:
If una know say na lie, oya approve all d applications today make we dey sure

Who tell I say Oyedepo even had plans of travling to America?
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by wisdomkid: 3:41pm On Jan 31, 2020
When GOD be for you, who CAN be against YOU?
Lol, GOD of Bishop David Oyedepo all the way...

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Premiumwriter: 3:43pm On Jan 31, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Like seriously

Too many bad writers everywhere writing bunch of lies

Damnnnnn niggarrr!!!

That reminds me of these quotes:

"When I was a little boy they called me a liar but now that am grown up they call me a writer"

Fuckkk. Middle finger to all writers
with all due respect y don't you shove dis trash up ur stinking as*?
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Duru009(m): 3:46pm On Jan 31, 2020
Thisday newspaper are always very thorough!

What happened?
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by MAYOWAAK: 3:49pm On Jan 31, 2020
Bishop Oyedepo was at NO TIME Denied US Entry Visa
-Living Faith Church

Mainstream and online media spaces this morning were abuzz with the news that Bishop David Oyedepo was denied entry visa to the United States on Thursday, January 30, 2020. We wish to put it on record and categorically submit that this piece of information is NOT TRUE. At no time was the Bishop denied visa, nor did he create a scene at the US consulate in Lagos, as purported by some mainstream and online newspapers.

The Bishop renewed his visa, last year, without any initial denial or drama, or scene. The Bishop was NOT at the Embassy or Consulate yesterday or even anytime this year. Bishop has been in Canaanland all this week. The last time he applied for visa, which was last year, he was issued without delay.

We have been in touch with the US Embassy and they are as surprised as we are about this FAKE NEWS, which some media houses decided to spread.

We encourage the Nigerian media to always tow the line of due diligence before rushing to press and try to at least reach the church from time to time, whenever items try to pass through the rumour mill. Professionalism and wisdom require this so as to maintain integrity and make the media trusted in the society, particularly in this age that fake news has become The News.

Bishop Oyedepo is a good friend of the US government and has a very good relationship with US Embassy and Consulate in Nigeria. He is a social entrepreneur, who has touched so many lives in Nigeria, Africa, United States and all around the world.

Prof. Sheriff F. Folarin
Chairman, Editorial and Media Board
LFCWW (Winners' Chapel Int'l)

5 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by edoairways: 3:50pm On Jan 31, 2020
farmsata:
Some people will still say "in every rumour, there's an element of truth" cheesy. I don't know where that satanic matra came from.
Don't mind them. Not all rumours has atom or element of truth because they can be fabricated
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 31, 2020
post=86263667:
RUMORS are spread by fools and accepted by idiots.

THE CHURCH IS MARCHING ON AND THE GATES OF HELL CANNOT PREVAIL.
Says the dead meat seller. I never knew you know God after selling your conscience for 30k per month allowance.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by press9jatv: 3:54pm On Jan 31, 2020
Agugbadin:

Even at your place of work, some Nigerians will rejoice to see others fall, it is sad, that is why the scripture says that the heart of man is desperately wicked. May God forgive peddlers of fake news
even at place of residence, enemies rejoice people downfall.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Olominira(m): 3:55pm On Jan 31, 2020
The visa was initially truly denied.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Catholic Church Ozubulu Opens Again For Services After Last Sunday Massacre / TB Joshua Returns From Prayer Mountain With 2021 Prophecies / Ese Walter Releases Affair Evidence With Pastor BiodunTo Respected Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.