Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,850 members, 7,820,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News (52334 Views)

Ghanaian Court Returns Ownership Of Winners Chapel Ghana To Bishop Oyedepo / How Reno Omokri Convinced Daddy Freeze To Apologise To Bishop Oyedepo / Daddy Freeze Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by tot(f): 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2020
ediko5:
Yes, it's a fake news cos Papa Oyedepo has a diplomatic passport.

Diplomatic passports are issued to government officials / Foreign Service officers for the purpose of conducting diplomatic assignments or attending meetings.

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by westcole: 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2020
So this trend will not enter page 10? Where are those insulting Papa? He's Case is different. We Break Limit Everywhere we go!! Embassy has to twitter about Papa because he's a special One. I just pray this generation will not be curse via their mouth.

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by redsun(m): 4:03pm On Jan 31, 2020
tot:

Diplomatic passports are issued to government officials / Foreign Service officers for the purpose of conducting diplomatic assignments or attending meetings.

You forgot Nigeria is a rogue state where one-eyed rogues are the kings. Anything is possible in that goddamned country.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by tee2faith: 4:08pm On Jan 31, 2020
Olominira:
The visa was initially truly denied.

Are you really okay?
The US Embassy has denied the report, the Living Faith Church denied it too and even went as far as explaining that the Bishop has a valid visa that was renewed last year and you are still here writing junks that "the Visa was initially truly denied" ?
This is one of the reasons why some people supported the "social media bill". Imagine if this had been a negative news of an attack somewhere, only God knows how many reprisal attacks we would have witnessed within the last 24hours simply because some jobless and irrational news agency decided to publish fake information and another set of jobless irrational readers decided to swallow and spread the fake information without thinking.

4 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Switch07(m): 4:08pm On Jan 31, 2020
MAYOWAAK:
I remember when govt mooted the idea of dealing with fake news and social media lies, I watch Baba Bishop on YouTube saying no govt can arrogate to themselves power not to be questioned. We will resist them gagging our voice he said, like the idea was about gagging people not to air their views.

Now, same fake news is dealing with him, lying that he was denied US visa, meanwhile he was never near any US embassy or consulate at any time...

I believe he would understand the capacity and power of fake news now...���.

At least he's not complaining like bubu and his family media is the 4th arm of govt....people should be logical how can a man like bishop deny visa by USA
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by tot(f): 4:08pm On Jan 31, 2020
redsun:

You forgot Nigeria is a rogue state where one-eyed rogues are the kings. Anything is possible in that goddamned country.

Lol. You're right, never say never... in this country.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by tot(f): 4:09pm On Jan 31, 2020
MAYOWAAK:
I remember when govt mooted the idea of dealing with fake news and social media lies, I watch Baba Bishop on YouTube saying no govt can arrogate to themselves power not to be questioned. We will resist them gagging our voice he said, like the idea was about gagging people not to air their views.

Now, same fake news is dealing with him, lying that he was denied US visa, meanwhile he was never near any US embassy or consulate at any time...

I believe he would understand the capacity and power of fake news now...���.

There is NO justification for the useless hate speech / anti social media bill that was being proposed. We are not in North Korea.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by xtophem(m): 4:21pm On Jan 31, 2020
Call for your vitafoam mattress...with free delivery to your door step

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Bambambiglo: 4:22pm On Jan 31, 2020
post=86263667:
RUMORS are spread by fools and accepted by idiots.

THE CHURCH IS MARCHING ON AND THE GATES OF HELL CANNOT PREVAIL.

Words of a hypocrite
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by ajani68: 4:22pm On Jan 31, 2020
westcole:
So this trend will not enter page 10? Where are those insulting Papa? He's Case is different. We Break Limit Everywhere we go!! Embassy has to twitter about Papa because he's a special One. I just pray this generation will not be curse via their mouth.
Is he God?
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Drakkernoir: 4:32pm On Jan 31, 2020
beamtopola:
As twitter by the mission verified twitter handler

https://twitter.com/USEmbassyAbuja/status/1223227551004418048?s=19

Yankee nah heaven?

Ayam not understanding this bruhaha
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by eyinola: 4:38pm On Jan 31, 2020
[quote author= post=86263719][/quote]he don delete am na grin
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by ediko5(m): 4:45pm On Jan 31, 2020
tot:

Yeah i know that. But confirm my post first.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by ogene144(m): 4:46pm On Jan 31, 2020
candidbabe:
That's my papa
are u frm Omu Aran in Kwara State dnt deny ur father be proud of your parent
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by GeneralPula: 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2020
dasparrow:
I will not put anything past Americans. My gut feeling tells me that they did deny Bishop Oyedepo the visa at first not realizing who he is perhaps. However, when newspapers published the story, the embassy quickly had to issue Bishop Oyedepo the visa.

Notice that the tweet came from the American embassy in Abuja. Why didn't it come from the American embassy in Lagos where Bishop Oyedepo had applied and was apparently denied? American embassy in Lagos knew they messed up while American embassy Abuja are now trying to save face by sending out this crappy tweet.

You may be right...
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by awoo47: 4:56pm On Jan 31, 2020
Donaldoni:
Anti-Trump democrats working the US embassy have failed... grin

Trump's Nigeria base can never be eroded... grin
trump is dat is very pro evangelical
he knws his whole relection depends on it.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by nthony10: 4:57pm On Jan 31, 2020
This is the reason for hate speech bill. These are the things that makes this govt look good.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Donaldoni: 5:02pm On Jan 31, 2020
awoo47:
trump is dat is very pro evangelical
he knws his whole relection depends on it.

The more reason they want to erode his base by denying Oyedepo visa... angry
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Nitah1: 5:03pm On Jan 31, 2020
InfoSources:
shocked
RIP INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM IN NIGERIA..

And all those atheists and others celebrating, you see your life now? After you will be wishing to leave the country, someone will laugh at you when you fail to do so cause Karma is real.
Especially the descendants of Ismael.����
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by bezimo(m): 5:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
Hustle oh make USA embassy put mouth for your matter grin grin

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Nitah1: 5:05pm On Jan 31, 2020
ajani68:
Is he God?
No....he is Mhd and pope.�����
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by bezimo(m): 5:08pm On Jan 31, 2020
dasparrow:
I will not put anything past Americans. My gut feeling tells me that they did deny Bishop Oyedepo the visa at first not realizing who he is perhaps. However, when newspapers published the story, the embassy quickly had to issue Bishop Oyedepo the visa.

Notice that the tweet came from the American embassy in Abuja. Why didn't it come from the American embassy in Lagos where Bishop Oyedepo had applied and was apparently denied? American embassy in Lagos knew they messed up while American embassy Abuja are now trying to save face by sending out this crappy tweet.

Jump inside lagoon and hug transformer if e pain you that the news was false..
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Mizwisdom(f): 5:12pm On Jan 31, 2020
FactBoyz:
I just love this comment. It is very true.. May God help us as many people will actually rejoice when they see you fall..

Y'all laughing at Oyedepo when youre praying to leave the country... Heard of Karma?

The joy Nigerians derive in seeing someone fail baffles me

As I'm not planning to leave, do I have license to laugh?
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by bezimo(m): 5:13pm On Jan 31, 2020
tee2faith:

Are you really okay?
The US Embassy has denied the report, the Living Faith Church denied it too and even went as far as explaining that the Bishop has a valid visa that was renewed last year and you are still here writing junks that "the Visa was initially truly denied" ?
This is one of the reasons why some people supported the "social media bill". Imagine if this had been a negative news of an attack somewhere, only God knows how many reprisal attacks we would have witnessed within the last 24hours simply because some jobless and irrational news agency decided to publish fake information and another set of jobless irrational readers decided to swallow and spread the fake information without thinking.

The guy is one of those nonentity reprobrates online..that hate pastors and celebrate any bad news about pastors even if they are proven to be false

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by onyxo76(m): 5:43pm On Jan 31, 2020
i knew that it was somehow when i first read the story, bishop oyedepo is not exactly a common fellow that you can deny a visa without a very strong reason for doing so.
more than 80% of genuine travellers to USA are just being denied at the moment for no good reasons.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 31, 2020
farmsata:
Some people will still say "in every rumour, there's an element of truth" cheesy. I don't know where that satanic matra came from.
Very satanic

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by GoodBoi1(m): 6:16pm On Jan 31, 2020
Where are the haters?
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by danot1030: 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2020
InfoSources:
shocked
RIP INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM IN NIGERIA..

And all those atheists and others celebrating, you see your life now? After you will be wishing to leave the country, someone will laugh at you when you fail to do so cause Karma is real.

The paid staff strategy actually worked on you.

Where is the link where the America embassy refuted the news.

Thank God everyone cannot be fooled.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 31, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
Can there be smoke without fire

No be block heads like you start the smoke that turned to fire that will consume all of una haters

Mr Smokey Robbinson

Magnanimous Puahn of a person

Want to know the meaning of Puahn?
Find 18th century dictionary.

Nonsense! grin
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2020
philip0906:
Daddy Freeze blokos go don freeze by now...You needed to see the excitement on social media and even on nairaland by dimwits as if one of their oppressors was punished.

While I don't give a fvck about Oyedepo or any other pastor, I was wondering what exactly the excitement about visa denial was.

Can you imaging, same people are praying day and night to get visas to Canada , America etc.

Rejoicing at the news of visa denial of someone else. And not just anyone but a man of God.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 31, 2020
MZrapper:
His fellow Christians were the first to call him names.
Shame on you pretenders.

Not every John, Matthew or David are Christians my sister.

Many Satanic agents bear Christian names.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 31, 2020
mu2sa2:
Which is the real fake now? Because even the alleged reaction can be fake!

Musa, Musa , which one do you really wish its fake the first or the second news?

SPOKE your mind.

The one that will make you dance like you won Baba Ijebu.

We all know the one. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Catholic Church Ozubulu Opens Again For Services After Last Sunday Massacre / TB Joshua Returns From Prayer Mountain With 2021 Prophecies / Ese Walter Releases Affair Evidence With Pastor BiodunTo Respected Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.