Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday (32619 Views)

Reno Omokri Replies Christians On 'Jesus Mother Of Mary' Mosque / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates 40 Years As Redeemed Church General Overseer (Pix) / Presbytarian Church Protests Against Herdsmen Killings (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 01, 2020
farem:

[s]Back to the sender - 7 fold!

You that know how to use the grace of God to curse but lack the Grace of God to go out and protest, but rather be "waiting" for others , have you not confided your life to wheelchair, Mr Methuselah?[/s]

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by farem: 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
blackfase:

Why must you always pray your way out of a situation that needs direct hands-on approach to tackle? When will christians ever gather sense? Israel with all its favours before God will never turn to prayers, christians why? na wa o...

Satan himself cannot be pleased.
If Adeboye prays, they will talk and when Oyedepo curses, they are tormented.
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by farem: 4:42pm On Feb 01, 2020
[quote author=FrLukas post=86292943][/quote]

Satan has 'graced' this soul to be cursed, because he keeps cursing who God is blessing
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by shadeyinka(m): 4:44pm On Feb 01, 2020
joefelin2345:
For your info CAN did it at the crucial time but none of the RCCG joined tgen simply BC the G.O . probably didn't give them directives to it then. Recall that the VP is a RCCG pastor. So stop crucifying CAN. There is politics even among the so called body of Christ in Nigeria. Has 4Square Gospel Church called Femi Adesina to order? That's politics for you.
I can recall that CAN made a weak plea to that effect. What we want is CAN that will coordinate and mobilize Christians. Not the ones who will be going to Ask Roach to take pictures and share envelopes of Naira as visitors honorarium
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
farem:

Satan has 'graced' my soul to be cursed, because I keep cursing who God is blessing
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by bezimo(m): 4:56pm On Feb 01, 2020
ImagineNation:
Protest with your voters card biko

People should start understanding that protests dont work in Nigeria anymore..

Going by the amount of redeem churches one can see around, I'm guessing the church can boast of at least 3 to 5 million registered voters.

Thats a political game changer at the national level..

Show your strength in collective decision making

Wetin concern me... If them go share food I fit follow protest
Redeem has the good habit of cooking every now and then when two or three people are gathered grin

As if you don't know that the election was massively rigged.The real winner was AA..don't pretend like you don't know this.
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by joefelin2345: 4:57pm On Feb 01, 2020
shadeyinka:

I can recall that CAN made a weak plea to that effect. What we want is CAN that will coordinate and mobilize Christians. Not the ones who will be going to Ask Roach to take pictures and share envelopes of Naira as visitors honorarium
Are you sure of your facts. Be careful my brother. Which other highly placed men of God has NIR been to Aso Rock for one thing other ? I recalled that CAN has even been accused of antagonising this Govt before. What gas then now changed? All that I am saying is that Christians should speak with one voice. Period. When Obasanjo was messing up CAN , the Baptist n Pastor Tunde Bakare did not spare him. How many other Christian Denominations are doing same to their erring members in Govt. Recently, the VP visited Prophet Adebisi of CMCM, Ojodu
What for?
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by 2nattie(m): 5:01pm On Feb 01, 2020
GoTV:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, i think we Christians are becoming hypocritical with the truth. Why are we Christians crying wolf when there is none? Who and who is killing Christians? Any time a tragedy occurs we tag it as killing of Christians. What sort of nonsense is this

We Christians have demonized other Nigerians of other faiths tagging them killers for no reason. Our actions as Christians threatens the peace and unity of Nigeria. We must change our ways and learn to be tolerant of others. Everything must not be viewed with religious lens. The so called bastards we call pastors heat up the polity for their own gain hereby causing tensions between Nigerians.

The federal government should ban any protest by religious groups especially we hypocritical Christians who love to form victims in every situation. Unlike our Muslim brothers who remain resolute in the face of unnecessary stigma and persecution, we Christians have been favored most in this country yet we are never satisfied. I have been a born again Christian for the past 25 years and with the recent turn of events, i may consider Islam as my new religion sad

You can never be a christian spewing this horseshit from you buccal cavity

1 Like

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Deejaygold(m): 5:03pm On Feb 01, 2020
Cartoon your pictures for just #500 airtime grin grin grin oya hit my WhatsApp 07064285388

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by bajosky: 5:12pm On Feb 01, 2020
Is Osibanjo leading the Abuja protest
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by slimderek(m): 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2020
kunleweb:

Quoting his name directly is abusive. Whatever errors these men may have displayed past or present,their works have been received by God and their works impacted Christianity. Please don't throw their first names like that abeg. These men are of our fathers o
Screw you and Them,
Even Jesus is being called by his first name not brother or father Jesus
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by kunleweb: 5:35pm On Feb 01, 2020
slimderek:

Screw you and Them,
Even Jesus is being called by his first name not brother or father Jesus

smiley
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by benzion72(m): 6:16pm On Feb 01, 2020
Medicine after death, I refused to vote APC as a redeemed member not minding Osinbajo factor, Now that they have packed osinbajo to one side they wan show covert support for him, Let continue to enjoy Bubu till 2023

1 Like

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Moventist: 7:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
GoTV:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, i think we Christians are becoming hypocritical with the truth. Why are we Christians crying wolf when there is none? Who and who is killing Christians? Any time a tragedy occurs we tag it as killing of Christians. What sort of nonsense is this

We Christians have demonized other Nigerians of other faiths tagging them killers for no reason. Our actions as Christians threatens the peace and unity of Nigeria. We must change our ways and learn to be tolerant of others. Everything must not be viewed with religious lens. The so called bastards we call pastors heat up the polity for their own gain hereby causing tensions between Nigerians.

The federal government should ban any protest by religious groups especially we hypocritical Christians who love to form victims in every situation. Unlike our Muslim brothers who remain resolute in the face of unnecessary stigma and persecution, we Christians have been favored most in this country yet we are never satisfied. I have been a born again Christian for the past 25 years and with the recent turn of events, i may consider Islam as my new religion sad

You're a Jihadist terrorist. Stop disguising to make your point .

2 Likes

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Shalomdee(f): 7:59pm On Feb 01, 2020
GoTV:

You are not a real Christian my brother. If you were you won't be thinking of changing religion. You are only a hypocrite yourself. Change religion please if you want. You will only have yourself to blame.
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by professore(m): 8:36pm On Feb 01, 2020
GoTV:

Something tells me that you are not a christian.
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by farem: 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2020
Shalomdee:

You are not a real Christian my brother. If you were you won't be thinking of changing religion. You are only a hypocrite yourself. Change religion please if you want. You will only have yourself to blame.
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by dalass(f): 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2020
GoTV:

Your Christianity is questionable. Did you see the video of an undergraduate from the North who was asked at gunpoint to deny Christ, he did not and was brutally shot!

Leah Sharibu was left with Book haram when she refused to convert and denounce her faith.

An Adamawa CAN leader was abducted and a whooping #50million was offered for his release which the kidnappers termed too small and was promptly wasted!

Now, how many Imams have gone through these types of experiences?

If you can't pray and follow peaceful prayer march
...abeg stfu!

Telll Buhari the truth to improve the insecurity in this country that is making us a pariah nation all over the world! cool
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Legendguru: 10:15pm On Feb 01, 2020
Good
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Onlyonebuhari: 10:47pm On Feb 01, 2020
Instead for them to pray, they are protesting. End time Christians.
After the protest nko?
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by elijahkayode(m): 11:52pm On Feb 01, 2020
GoTV:

ignoramus, to even consider becoming a Muslim shows u we're never a Christian the Holy Spirit is real
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by bakescos01: 4:13am On Feb 02, 2020
GoTV:

Everyone is free to practice any religion of there choice. The sky won’t come down if you choose to follow Islam or Sango worshipper for that matter. If Christians are protesting to FG for the killing of Christians by criminals then Muslims too have the right to protest to the FG about killing of Muslims in Nigeria also. We all have freedom to protest against bad government in Nigeria as we all participated in the elections. Democracy is defined for the people by the people and for the people . Be you Muslim or Christian you can go out there and call the attention of your government to the killing of citizens of its country. Am sure if it was one of your family was killed you won’t be sounding this way.
We have a failed government that doesn’t listen to the yearning of the citizens. They have forgotten they are there to serve us and not rule us. There primary assignment is to protect ALL lives and properties of citizens of Nigeria but they have failed so far and that’s sad and pathetic. Every killing of any Nigerian should bother us irrespective of there religious believe. They are first Nigerian before any religion.
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by voskia: 6:50am On Feb 02, 2020
GoTV:

born again Christian indeed..terrorist idoit like you

1 Like

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by mercyland93(m): 2:46pm On Feb 02, 2020
We did ours after church today. This killing must stop.
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2020
If only these people had listened to NNAMDI KANU AS FAR BACK AS 2014

SOMETHING IS TELLING NIGERIA IS ABOUT TO DIVIDE HER SELF

I REMEMBER WHEN KANU WAS TALKING OF ISLAMISATION AGENDA

THE DECIEVERS KEEP FEEDING THE CHRISTIANS....HOW CAN ONE MAN ISLAMISE NIGERIA....

BUT AS DUMB CHRISTAIANS ARE....WE SAID OH YES CHRISTIANS ARE MANY HOW CAN ONE MAN DO IT

WELL MBAKA ALREADY STARTED BY TELLING YOU HE'S THE MESSIAH IN 2014
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by orunto27: 4:28pm On Feb 02, 2020
Adeboye is a True Friend of Christ.
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by appreciate001: 7:25pm On Feb 02, 2020
GoTV:

You have always been a Muslim
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:15am On Feb 03, 2020
Viicfuntop:

Please shut the hell up. You are not a Christian. Asshole. Islamists
Seun, Mynd44 Dominique.
Rule 2

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Horladipupo0505: 10:21pm On Feb 03, 2020
GoTV:

oga with dis ur epistle it shows u are so foolish..and wen dey started the prayer walk,do u see something. Like stop killing Christains..the level of ignorance that want to put u into conformity wit d world makes u all foolish.. but do u listen to d video shot by Boko Haram b4 killing,dey will ask wether u will denounce Jesus and follow dere religion and if u did not follow u die
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Kachicruze: 10:46am On Jan 07, 2022
Consider the Cross.

7th of January, 2022

"However, God demonstrates His love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." 5:8 in Romans

In a spiritual sense, how do you show grace and truth? We can consider the one most significant event in human history, the time when grace and truth were fully manifested in One person for One reason. Look to the cross for a comprehensive demonstration of grace and truth. According to Truth, everyone has sinned and is deserving of eternal punishment. No one could be restored to a relationship with God unless the price for sin was paid, according to Truth. According to Truth, God is holy, and sin results in death. Truth deserved nothing less from Jesus when he died on the cross as payment for our sin. And because Truth commanded that the sacrifice be free of all sin, His was the only blood that could pay the penalty for sin.

Look at the cross, though, if you want to see grace. Grace stated that Jesus died for us even though we were sinners. Grace said that we were unworthy of His sacrifice. Grace demonstrated that He gave it anyway. And when we surrender to Jesus, we live in His grace all of the time because we can't do or say anything to win His favor. All of our sins are covered by His grace alone. The cross is a perfect illustration of God's wrath against sin.There is also a supreme example of God's grace, as He sent His own Son to pay the penalty for our sins. According to the Bible, Jesus is "full of grace and truth," and we witness that fullness on exhibit at Calvary.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father thank You for sending Jesus, who is full of grace and truth, to forgive me of my sins. I understand that the consequence for sin is death, and that I no longer have to die in sin because of Jesus. I believe in the truth of Your Word, which tells me what is good and what is wrong. I thank You for Your matchless grace in covering my sin penalty on the cross and providing me with the opportunity to spend eternity with You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

To receive daily devotional straight to your WhatsApp drop a WhatsApp or sms to this number 08091404816
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Kachicruze: 7:28am On Feb 01, 2022
God Isn't A Political Figure

1st of February, 2022

"Hatred causes strife, but love heals all wounds." 10:12 Proverbs(NIV)

What we must understand about God is that He is unaffected by politics. There existed a basis for all law and order, God's Word, the Bible, before the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the myriad laws and statutes that have sprouted branches from it over two and a half centuries. And there is really only one point of view that matters in every political debate, and that is God's point of view. God is not a political figure, but He is a moral figure. In fact, He is the one who determines if something is right or wrong. And where the Bible is unambiguous, God expects us to obey, regardless of our political leanings. God expects us to honour His commands.The Bible, on the other hand, is ambiguous in many political issues. Whether it's about water rights, voting districts, mobile phone limitations, airport security, rent control, or a variety of other concerns, man has a lot of leeway in deciding how to proceed politically. We should remember Proverbs 10:12 in this regard, which states that a nasty attitude toward other political opinions causes conflict. Instead, we must learn to appreciate and collaborate with others, even when we disagree. Jesus tells His disciples in John 13:35 that people will know they are followers of Christ if they love one another.

God isn't interested in politics. He doesn't take a stance on anything other than His own will and glory.God wants man's politics to be seasoned with kindness, concern, compassion for our fellow man, and a readiness to work out our differences without being nasty, as His creation. Others will recognize us as God's children if we act in this manner. In today's political atmosphere, that's extremely challenging, especially when social media makes it so easy to spout a zinger from the anonymity of your cell phone screen. Don't try to include God in your political debates. Instead, rise above politics to demonstrate your godliness in how you interact with others about your political opinions.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank you for gifting me with the opportunity to live in a country where I can openly express my political opinions. Assist me in demonstrating that I am a follower of Jesus. Help me to follow honour your commands irrespective of my political views. Teach me to keep the status all the days of my life. In Jesus'name, Amen.

To receive daily devotional straight to your WhatsApp drop a WhatsApp or sms to this number 08091404816
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Kachicruze: 8:29am On Feb 09, 2022
Self-Esteem

9th of February, 2022

"I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully formed; I am well aware of Your great works." 139:14 Psalm (NIV)

Self-esteem, according to Wikipedia, is a person's total assessment of his or her own worth. It is defined as "a decision made by an individual as a self-attitude." Any bookstore will have rows and rows of self-help books meant to assist people improve their self-esteem. Self-evaluation, self-reflection, and self-actualization are common themes in these literature. Why do we all want to feel good about ourselves so badly?

Self-esteem isn't a bad thing in and of itself. It has a terrible rep in Christian circles at times. It is sometimes misunderstood in psychology circles.The truth, on the other hand, is somewhere in the middle. I believe that having biblical self-esteem is crucial to God. After all, how can we truly cherish other people's lives until we first know how to value our own? If we don't think that we matter, how can we honestly believe that everyone matters? As a result, I am not anti-self-esteem. I am opposed to self-aggrandizement. There is a distinction to be made.

King David paints a picture of biblical self-esteem in Psalm 139:14. David is thanking God for the magnificent way He made him. He's thanking God for all of the amazing things He's done, and he recognizes that one of those wonderful things was making him. David saw his own worth as a result of what God had done for him.Because David felt that all of God's handiwork are magnificent, he considered himself to be one of them. His self-esteem was based on his Creator, not on himself.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You for creating me in the way You did — fearfully and beautifully. I admit that there are occasions when I wish I could alter Your work. Please accept my apologies for refusing to see myself as You do. As my Creator, I never wish to offend You. Amen, in Jesus' name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card / Jehovah Sharp Sharp Carries Coffin To Protest Against Buhari (Photo) / Pastor Tim Omotosho Slammed With 22 Sex Charges, As 18 More Victims Come Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.