Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money (2396 Views)

How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? / If Ur Wife Slaps U A Few Weeks After Ur Wedding, How Wud U React / Should I Tell My Ex-Boyfriend That I Want Him Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by evilspirit: 10:18am On Dec 11, 2010
i'm getting married soon and i really dont need gifts but money.how do i convey this to my guests.honest advice needed
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 11, 2010
Simply indicate it on d invitation card.
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by evilspirit: 10:43am On Dec 11, 2010
yorke:

i think that wud be dumb
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 11, 2010
I tink u are a dumb asss. Yeah,i mean ur thot.
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by evilspirit: 10:48am On Dec 11, 2010
who are you why hs the devil sent you to me this morning. pls leave me alone!!!!!!!!
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by Dyt(f): 11:00am On Dec 11, 2010
Yorke has said it all
bt u cld also label ur weddin charity
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by kmoneyE(m): 11:08am On Dec 11, 2010
@ OP. You most be planning to raise money thru that your wedding ceremony~~ Instead to give people wrong impression and showing how desperate you are about racking in all your expenses on the wedding~~it would have been much better for you to organise a fund raising than using your wedding to blackmail yourself tongue undecided~
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by iice(f): 11:26am On Dec 11, 2010
yorke:

Exactly
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by Moralistli(m): 11:31am On Dec 11, 2010
don't rely on money u ar goin to get, God 'll certainly bless u in his own way, u shouldn't dictate for people what to present,
All d best!
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by ifyalways(f): 11:31am On Dec 11, 2010
Put it on the IV.
Auction rice,cake,drinks at your reception.
Collect gifts then have garage sales next day after your wedding.
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by kmoneyE(m): 11:40am On Dec 11, 2010
Moralistli:

don't rely on money u ar goin to get, God 'll certainly bless u in his own way, u shouldn't dictate for people what to present,
All d best!

You dont need to dictate to people what to present you~~ Though that is very common in western countries~I remember one of my friend wedding in uk *People were told to present their gifts according to the couples wish~ like if you want to offer them LCD TV they asked for 42 inches and Sony product~~ If you want to present them washing machine they asked for Bosh product on and on like that* mind you all items required by the couples was put on the I.V.
But I see it as crazy thing to do~
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by Moralistli(m): 11:40am On Dec 11, 2010
Meanwhile, only evil spirit can make one hav such thot,
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by Moralistli(m): 11:45am On Dec 11, 2010
k-money , Thanks a bunch 4 ur correction.
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by kmoneyE(m): 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2010
Moralistli:

k-money , Thanks a bunch 4 your correction.

Ok bruv~ I just see wedding or any other ceremony as an avenue to thank God for what he is done for you for that special moment on that day of your celebration**for he is able to make  that day a reality for you** Not an avenue to take revenge on your guests and siphone their pocket  and acquire what you feel you dont have at home.
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by evilspirit: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2010
i have basically all i need in my home so i dont need anymore.from washing machine to TV to fridge to umbrellas to buckets to iron blenders etc.i dont need this just bring the money instead
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by kmoneyE(m): 12:25pm On Dec 11, 2010
evilspirit:

i have basically all i need in my home so i dont need anymore.from washing machine to TV to fridge to umbrellas to buckets to iron blenders etc.i dont need this just bring the money instead

So that you can complete your monthly savings for that EOD Honda you have been dreaming to buy tongue undecided cry
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by denzel2009: 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2010
Duh. . . how hard is it for evilspirit to get into the minds of the invited guests?
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by evilspirit: 6:28pm On Dec 11, 2010
k-money £:

So that you can complete your monthly savings for that EOD Honda you have been dreaming to buy tongue undecided cry
i drive a corolla and im ok with it.it is just that the wedding budget is on the high side
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by Money177E(m): 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2010
evilspirit:

i drive a corolla and im ok with it.it is just that the wedding budget is on the high side

@ evilspirit K-money is dead now money177~~ So because of your wedding budget you will ask your guests to offer you money instead of gifts~~but why cant you cut you cloth according to your stature**
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by freecocoa(f): 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2010
Op i can't believe u re even asking,as an EVIL SPIRIT it won't be hard for you to get inside the head of ur guests and twist their minds to bring wat u want,u shuldn't even be asking unless u re a FAKE SPIRIT.
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by evilspirit: 8:27pm On Dec 11, 2010
freecocoa:

Op i can't believe u re even asking,as an EVIL SPIRIT it won't be hard for you to get inside the head of your guests and twist their minds to bring wat u want,u shuldn't even be asking unless u re a FAKE SPIRIT.
hilarious
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by jenibayo(f): 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2010
Poster u be mumu, sori just kiddin kiss
U even see gift u no happi wat of if dem no con bring anytin for u lol
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by evilspirit: 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2010
jenibayo:

Poster u be mumu, sori just kiddin kiss
U even see gift u no happi wat of if dem no con bring anytin for u lol

you be suegbe oh sorry just kidding
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by iyatrustee(f): 8:36pm On Dec 11, 2010
@ poster, why not sell tickets for people coming to the wedding? Regular-N2,000 VIP N10,000 wink
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by evilspirit: 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2010
iyatrustee:

@ poster, why not sell tickets for people coming to the wedding? Regular-N2,000 VIP N10,000 wink
good idea
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by lilpearl(f): 12:47am On Dec 13, 2010
lol @ thread indicate it on the invitation card as someone rightly said but thats desperate though
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by Ivynwa(f): 1:29am On Dec 13, 2010
evilspirit:

Is it not better one structures a wedding to suit his budget rather than spending lots and lots and putting your trust on the guests as your source of recovery of the spent money. It may hit you hard and depress you if you end up not getting much cash from that wedding. I remember coming across somebody that was regretting spending much in his wedding when he should have used half of that money to acquire a land in Lagos then.
Wedding is the celebration of your union with your second half and the receiving of church blessings to start your family and not a[b] business venture [/b] for goodness sake. Why do we all strive too much to please the society and get the respect of friends to our own detriment.
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by Mobinga: 2:08am On Dec 13, 2010
evilspirit:

i think that wud be dumb
yorke:

I tink u are a dumb asss. Yeah,i mean your thot.
grin grin grin
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by adim2(m): 2:21am On Dec 13, 2010
It is as simple as ABC. just tell them that rice will be for sale on your wedding day. that
A plate of rice with meat goes for 1,000
A plate of rice without meat sales for 700
Minerals 200
Alcohol 500
Dance 300
Seats 200

This will be your budget breakdown. and in this way you can get both gifts n money
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by Nobody: 2:26am On Dec 13, 2010
You can not rely on people for your wedding expenses cheesy what a funny thread oh lord.
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by pocketndry: 4:55am On Dec 13, 2010
Answering this question depends on where you reside. If you reside in Nigeria you know quite well that this is not our culture, to even dream of such a thing. It is not our culture to tell your guests what to and what not to bring to your wedding as a gift. Whatever you receive please appreciate it because no one owes you a gift. Gift is a free will it is not mandatory.

If you reside in the US then you can somehow indicate what you want or the items you particularly need. Your place of residence determines what you do. Still do not forget your culture

check this out if it will help you.
Getting married? Receive cash instead of gifts in a great way. More info here! wedandwish.com/receivecash
Re: Wedding:how Do I Tell Guests Not To Bring Gifts But Money by biola44: 5:32am On Dec 13, 2010
host the reception on a boat grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Drank At The Party! / I Caught My Ex In My Friend's Bed / 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.