Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? (65098 Views)

How Do I Politely Turn Down A LESBIAN Or BISEXUAL Friend Without Hurting Her. / How To Politely Ask For Sex without sounding rude or funny / How Does One Politely Turn Down A Crush From A Female ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by ashmanpolo: 8:19am On Oct 08, 2015
This girl in my area was hanging out with my friends and then she started bitching on me. That she hates me. I like forming. "Everytime he's dressing like an Americana and he doesn't even greet people" That, what am I even feeling like sef?

"Why is he not with you guys today? I always see him here everyday, drinking Heineken and always Laughing out Loud with y'all" She told my friends as she feigned obsessed.

The next day my friends told me about all the swearing so I saw her some days later and greeted her first. The girl is quite pretty BUT not my Speck. I don't do 'yellow paw-paw'. I started the conversation this way:
"Halo swit, my name's Ashman. You' so beautiful"
The young girl started laughing. Every word I said was countered with laughter.
"Are you laughing at me?"
She stopped, whipped her face. Looked straight into my eyes and said:

"I'm laughing because you don't even know how long I've been trying to get your attention" whew!!! I was flattered. For once in my life I felt like the Emperor of Rome. BUT one thing was sure, I can't date this girl. No NEVER.
We exchanged contacts and it's barely two weeks, she walked up to me and handed a parcel to me. "I got this for you"

I got home and opened it this morning. I swear, I saw a brand new Swatch wrist watch; Original Malizia Perfume and a foreign Pee-Jay. That girl must have spent an estimate of 30k. Right now I feel perplexed. I really don't need such gifts from a girl I can NEVER date. I mean NEVER and I also wouldn't want to be indebted to her.

'I know this kinda girls. If they fall in love, e don be for you na. They will remain in your life like Mount Zion that can never be moved. Love go taya you na'

How do I politely return her gifts.
Thanks. Mature responses needed asap.

CC: Farano
Lalasticlala
Ishilove

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by naijaboiy: 8:23am On Oct 08, 2015
Go to her house,knock on her door and POLITELY return the gift to her.

That's how you politely return a gift. undecided

521 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Evergreen4(m): 8:24am On Oct 08, 2015
What happened to the doctrine of "chop and clean mouth" ?

124 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by naijaboiy: 8:24am On Oct 08, 2015
Why is the watch not enclosed in the box that they usually keep it?

Looks more like those watches abokì men sell in their show glasses. undecided

269 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by ashmanpolo: 8:26am On Oct 08, 2015
Evergreen4:
What happened to the doctrine of "chop and clean mouth" ?

Chop wetin? She be shawarma?

143 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 08, 2015
carefully wrap it back and give it to her exactly the way she gave you and tell her you not interested.
it would hurt her feelings,but at least you're being honest

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 08, 2015
Lol, is that a baby-grow blanket I see?

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by saaedlee: 8:28am On Oct 08, 2015
Its called a gift, okay! You should have rejected it @ the moment she gave you!
Anyway, just start up the relationship, you might end up liking her

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by ashmanpolo: 8:33am On Oct 08, 2015
PunkyVeer:
Lol, is that a baby-grow blanket I see?

The hell you mean by 'baby-grow' blanket? I saw it in the parcel mehn.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by ashmanpolo: 8:34am On Oct 08, 2015
saaedlee:
Its called a gift, okay! You should have rejected it @ the moment she gave you!
Anyway, just start up the relationship, you might end up liking her

Naa. I don't want

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 08, 2015
Give it to one of her brothers/ relative y'know doesn't have those as gift smiley

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by saaedlee: 8:37am On Oct 08, 2015
ashmanpolo:

Naa. I don't want
then why did you accept it in d first place?

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Sunexy(m): 8:37am On Oct 08, 2015
I wonder y u accepted in d 1st place..
Nawa 4 some ppl o

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 08, 2015
ashmanpolo:

The hell you mean by 'baby-grow' blanket? I saw it in the parcel mehn.

It looks like a baby's wrapping blanket. What is it? Whatever it is, that's a terrible colour for a man. Those are things you see given as gifts at a baby shower. What, are you 6 months old, she's giving you baby stuff?

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by ashmanpolo: 8:42am On Oct 08, 2015
saaedlee:

then why did you accept it in d first place?

At first I rejected it then she kept persuading me. It was wrapped and I thought it was biscuit or something cheap. You know girls and boxers na. Never knew it was such expensive items.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by ashmanpolo: 8:44am On Oct 08, 2015
PunkyVeer:

It looks like a baby's wrapping blanket. What is it? Whatever it is, that's a terrible colour for a man. Those are things you see given as gifts at a baby shower. What, are you 6 months old, she's giving you baby stuff?

Maybe it's a message. She wants a baby from.... Not me

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Sunexy(m): 8:48am On Oct 08, 2015
ashmanpolo:

Uv married an ogbanje

U dnt need 2 sleep wit her sha...she has ur baby alredi

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by saaedlee: 8:51am On Oct 08, 2015
ashmanpolo:

At first I rejected it then she kept persuading me. It was wrapped and I thought it was biscuit or something cheap. You know girls and boxers na. Never knew it was such expensive items.
So persuasion make you alter you stand? Cant you make a decision as a man? anyway since u know girls and boxers, I guess u have been receiving it in the past!
Bia, how can they wrap biscuits with "I love you" wrapping sheet?

the gifts aren't that expensive as you make it look, trust me on that. Ask her for her account number and deposit the "30k" if you think otherwise!

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 08, 2015
ashmanpolo:

I just hope she didn't go on a shoplifting spree just to score brownie points with you undecided That's one eclectic gift pack.

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by yanabasee(m): 9:03am On Oct 08, 2015
OP... All gifts that anybody wants to return politely passes through me... grin

And other gifts that anybody wants to return honestly passes through lalasticlala cool

Just send the gift over and I'll take it to her on ur behalf... You don't have a thang to worry about! grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by agohmamuda(m): 9:22am On Oct 08, 2015
WHY ALL THESE KIND GIRLS NO DEY EVER COME MY WAY ?? angry angry ALL I'LL SIMPLY DO I LOVE THEM BACK grin grin

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by wordbank(m): 9:25am On Oct 08, 2015
now u don c wetin forming dey cuz, I think u sabi form, just form like say u no receive d gift and anytime u c her start forming so u can get more gifts.

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
Ok...pass it on to the poster below or mail lalasticlala (he deserves something good)

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by ellahzy(f): 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
how sweet it will be if that girl was a Nairalander grin

Omo ur own don finish.

meanwhile u still snap pictures of the items??...na so body sweet u reach? grin tongue

@ the poster above ___nah, I won't be needing such items pass it to Oga Lalas... grin

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by MadCow1: 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
Malizia perfume huh?

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Mutuwa(m): 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
by being polite while returning it.

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by charlyemail: 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2015

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
First lemme laugh you small grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Second, those gifts are not worth 30k biko, so chillix and stop overthinking things, its just a token she bought you because she likes you.

You, on the other hand, should have rejected it outright since you know that you can NEVER date her. infact, why did you not just greet her normally and pass that day, you had to add all the sweet words and then exchange contacts (all the while knowing that you can NEVER date her) angry angry

Ok Now what to do:
1. pack all those things back into the gift bag.
2. Go to her house and knock on ther door
3. when she opens, hand the bag to her and say "Hi, I realise that I am to blame for this current confusion because I may have given you mixed signals, however I want to clarify things that I am not currently looking for a relationship, I would like us to remain friends but I don't want to date you. so if this exchange of gifts means what I think it means, I apologize for confusing you."
4. Turn around and go back to your house
5. NEVER flirt with any girl you know you will never date.

She may be hurt today but she will respect you for not playing with her heart.

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Big4wig(m): 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
All i have is a proverb..''No matter how nice you are to a goat, it will still eat your yam''...#diddat

16 Likes

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by menix(m): 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hmm..
OP just go to her house with the gift nd tell her ur father saw the gifts nd scolded you that he had warned you of collecting gifts from "STRANGERS".

Do the acting nd return it chikena..

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by kelvyn7: 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
braine:
hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ladies, Your boyfriend Sends This Picture Message To You, What's He Implying? / "Girl Infected My Friends With Gonorrhoea & Stole 2 Laptops After A Foursome" / "She's Mine, He's Dreaming": Pre-wedding T-shirts