Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,475 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress (57556 Views)

"How Kidnappers Used My 12-year-old Son As Collateral To Buy Two Bags Of Rice – / Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan / ‘I Only Used My Fingers’; Man Arrested For Raping Girl In Delta State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Buzx: 6:23pm On Feb 02, 2020
Hisduchess:

MasterCard no dey do am nah only Visa dey do am from personal experience on AliExpress

Really? I didn't know about that.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by seriousthing(m): 6:24pm On Feb 02, 2020
this post is totally fake and not true. Even if someone have your ATM card, he or she cannot make an online payment with your card without your bank's one time password which is usually sent to your alert number and if there is no confirmation via your number then no payment. So if payment was made with card then you authorised that payment .
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by TruthSpeaker: 6:28pm On Feb 02, 2020
blessedvisky:

I wonder why nobody said this. This is the very first thing he should have realised

ARE YOU PRETTY SURE YOU READ ALL OTHER POST BEFORE YOU? WELL DO THAT HOME WORK RIGHT AWAY, I WROTE THAT HOURS AGO.
IT IS OBVIOUSLY VERY LIKELY THAT THE CULPRIT IS SOMEONE CLOSE TO THE VICTIM, SINCE HE DIDN’T MAKE MENTION OF BEING ROBBED.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by candygist: 6:29pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

I am currently on it.. If not that today is Sunday, I would have been in the bank by now. They are yet to reply my messages in all their social handles..

Your bank won't really help you much because the fault is from you. You misplaced your ATM card, and the transaction was an online shopping. Bank can't trace who did the shopping online.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by ayusco85(m): 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2020
Okuda:

dont mislead him. if he cintacts aliexpress support they can possible help him by blocking the transaction. it takes 24hrs to verify payment on that platform. thats enougj time for something to be done.

He was right. The bank can't do anything because he misplaced his debit card and never requested for the debit card to be blocked den he falls victim of debit card fraud. He should count his losses and learn. It's a dead end, there is nothing the bank can do.
Am a banker BTW
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Skseries: 6:57pm On Feb 02, 2020
Alexiz031:

they usually send otp to me each time I buy something.
never have they sent to me o
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:
I don't know if this is the right section.. Please lala, your help is needed.

Just this morning, I got a debit alert from AlieXpress and was wondering how possible. I thought it must be a problem with Aliexpress since I do shop there.. As i was trying to get to support, I got another debit alert, and yet another.

I had to block the atm through my bank app. I tried looking for my atm and it was nowhere to be found.

It dawns on me that I've lost my atm and someone is shopping with it. Now my question is, is it possible to recover my money through my bank, possibly trace the transaction and know who did it?

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa tank god say nobe luna dem use ur own buy.

aliexpress and some major online shop dont send OTP. so instead of nigeria bank to create awareness about keeping ur card safe, dey will be telling u to keep ur password from onlooker, nobody need ur pin or OTP to use ur atm online sorry for d loss cos it can not be traced or recovered again.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Akwaibomdude(m): 7:24pm On Feb 02, 2020
Me that I lost all the money in my account with Sterling bank on the first of January.d fraudster transferred all the money from my account to my sporty bet account and withdrew everything.
Since I loged a complaint with Sterling bank on d 2nd of January nothing has been done about it .
Even when I provided them the account details of the fraudster that sporty bet gave me.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Okuda(m): 7:24pm On Feb 02, 2020
ayusco85:

He was right. The bank can't do anything because he misplaced his debit card and never requested for the debit card to be blocked den he falls victim of debit card fraud. He should count his losses and learn. It's a dead end, there is nothing the bank can do.
Am a banker BTW

im talking of aliexpress.. they can help

1 Like

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by vikstandon(m): 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

Just this morning, I got a debit alert from AlieXpress and was wondering how possible. I thought it must be a problem with Aliexpress since I do shop there.. As i was trying to get to support, I got another debit alert, and yet another.

I had to block the atm through my bank app. I tried looking for my atm and it was nowhere to be found.

It dawns on me that I've lost my atm and someone is shopping with it. Now my question is, is it possible to recover my money through my bank, possibly trace the transaction and know who did it?

Contact Aliexpress... They can trace the transaction and payment with the payment platform. Also contact ur Bank and Report to EFCC
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by emonis88: 7:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

The person who stole ur atm is close to you n knows u shop on aliexpress.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Seyila6450(m): 8:12pm On Feb 02, 2020
I don't think this is possible cause u will be sent an OTP....for confirmation.....
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Danhoys: 8:16pm On Feb 02, 2020
TruthSpeaker:

CONGRATS, I’M REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU. NOW IT WILL BE NICE TO FIND OUT THE CULPRIT TO AVOID BEING A VICTIM FOR A SECOND TIME.

I've learnt my lesson. I think the best thing is to scrap out that cvc number when I get another one..

2 Likes

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Jephz(m): 8:46pm On Feb 02, 2020
bodyloveghetto:

If the hacker/person is shopping with your card through aliexpress, best is to contact aliexpress today or first thing in the morning , their time difference should be 10pm tonight so make it your priority tonight , they can easily refund whatever purchase the person ordered from their website and stop the items from being shipped or if shipped already ask the courier for a return, moving forward from that they will resolute the purchase to REFUND and that will take 10 working day (should be in your account in 3 working days though depending on your financial institute) , your bank can't do anything right now and might need to file complaint (Nigerian banks ain't good at that). Your best choice/option is to contact aliexpress right away and get a swift response from them concerning this situation.

Best of luck though
Wow...great .this will be of big help to the OP....thanks man

1 Like

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Eliona(f): 8:49pm On Feb 02, 2020
After blocking the card, you shd have gone ahead to contact your bank contact centre which is available 24/7 and logged a complaint of unauthorized debit on your account. There is investigation unit that handles such complaint. Probability of you getting your money back is 50/50
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

First talk to your bank on twitter .Then on monday go fill a dispute form.The transaction would be stopped, your card would be destroyed. Money might take time but it surely be returned.

1 Like

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by dasrackhor(m): 8:58pm On Feb 02, 2020
seriousthing:
this post is totally fake and not true. Even if someone have your ATM card, he or she cannot make an online payment with your card without your bank's one time password which is usually sent to your alert number and if there is no confirmation via your number then no payment. So if payment was made with card then you authorised that payment .
Not force ooo..
Otp is mandated for local online dealings but once it's international no otp require oo. I was in the same school of thought until I used my master card for international transaction and no otp was sent and the transaction was successful. That day I knew Nigeria banking system no b am at all.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 02, 2020
MarianaTrench:

Reporting to those guys is just a mere formality cos they will ask you to give them some money before they start any real investigation
@officialEfcc don't ask for money,just ensure you type your petition and attach your evidence. ..the only problem is sometimes you don't have evidence, just reasonable suspicion.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Collins4u1(m): 9:27pm On Feb 02, 2020
Now aliexpress alert does not come instantly, it takes more than 48 hours after shopping before you receive alert.

Nigerian banking system is almost bleeped, a sane banking institution would contact aliexpress and have that order canceled and refunded. But you might not be helped.

Block the card and reapply for a new one.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by OdenKelechi(m): 9:33pm On Feb 02, 2020
Sorry bro but you ain't getting no refunds. The transactions were completed
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by victorjoe(m): 9:43pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

Even after you lost the atm, you are supposed to receive an OTP (One Time Password) sent to your phone or email before any transaction can be carried out. Did you get any OTP?
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by namo77: 10:17pm On Feb 02, 2020
People are still shopping on Aliexpress?? With all the Corona virus in their country.... Abeg o

Your bank will help you trace the transaction, and the Aliexpress will give you customer info?

So contact them fast
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by ayusco85(m): 10:21pm On Feb 02, 2020
Okuda:

im talking of aliexpress.. they can help

Ok
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by topsam1(m): 10:24pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

...... Contact aliexpress too... They take nonsense with fraud.... Explain to them and the order will be cancelled...them money return to your acc
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Viktorino: 5:54am On Feb 03, 2020
Contact Aliexpress asap!
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Finelinks: 6:02am On Feb 03, 2020
Fiyiola:
Go ahead and change your PW on Ali express, check the invented delivery address of the item purchased using your card, i.e., if you are indeed sure that it was not you who ordered the items and, lastly, immediately cancel the order and seek a refund.

how would he trace the item purchased via his card?
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 03, 2020
Danhoys:

I've learnt my lesson. I think the best thing is to scrap out that cvc number when I get another one..

Another angle, since transaction can't complete without that. I will scrap mine out.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 03, 2020
Collins4u1:
Now aliexpress alert does not come instantly, it takes more than 48 hours after shopping before you receive alert.

Nigerian banking system is almost bleeped, a sane banking institution would contact aliexpress and have that order canceled and refunded. But you might not be helped.

Block the card and reapply for a new one.

There is something I have come to understand about the banking system is like every other business whose sole purpose is to make profit they don't give damn about at you, they such won't be on the loosing side.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by makeupgal: 8:56am On Feb 03, 2020
contact aliexpress about the fraudulent transaction I assure you it will be cancelled. china as of now all services are grounded including shipping services. so you are good.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by aydi(m): 10:35am On Feb 03, 2020
Has anyone received this kind of mesage from Aliexpress before in your message inbox through the App? I clicked on the link and it took me to ebay
I hope I'm not about to get scammed

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Killed As Eiye And Aiye Cultists Clash In Ikorodu (Graphic Photos) / Graphic Photos From The Bank Robbery At Agbara This Morning / Two Nigerian Men Fight On Airplane: Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.