Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress (57653 Views)

"How Kidnappers Used My 12-year-old Son As Collateral To Buy Two Bags Of Rice – / Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan / ‘I Only Used My Fingers’; Man Arrested For Raping Girl In Delta State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Juliearth(f): 2:21pm On Feb 02, 2020
Weedsmoker:
But seriously how is that possible? I thought OTP code to your phone number is required for confirmation.

Aliexpress doesn't initiate OTP for its transactions.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Danhoys: 2:25pm On Feb 02, 2020
Juliearth:

BUT did you save your card details on the aliexpress site?

The person used the card on an account he or she created.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Daddydora01(m): 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
Am also a victim
Please don't give or ATM pin to anyone
Those guys only need ur ATM pin ATM expiry date and the numbers in front and back of ur ATM back and ur phone number
Note they could also divert the the opt code sent to ur number please be very careful next time
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Oreofepeters: 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
You can only get that person arrested only if you know the information on your card, like card number, expiry date and çvv.

Without that AliExpress can't trace it sorry
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Juliearth(f): 2:29pm On Feb 02, 2020
Youngstar76:
How come? Maybe the person knows your pin. And the person is a close buddy to u.
But how did the transaction go through without OTP verification? I suspect the person also has access to your email.
I'll advise you call up your bank customer care, message AliExpress ASAP.
Also make a police report and email the EFCC.
Change the password of the email linked to your account and change your mobile banking password as well.

Get your mieny back, put some effort on getting the person. Get him and Sue the hell outta him.

TERABYTE TECH can do that for your through online traces that he most have left on the time he accessed AliExpress like location, time, browser, ip, device type, etc - which can lead to getting info about the criminal.

People can be funny, bro. Someone I took as a sister stole from me in this manner. How she got to know my pin still remains a mystery. She would pick my phone while I am busy or asleep, transfer money to her account or buy airtime for herself and her boyfriend, then delete the debit alerts. Her cup got full the day the debit alert was delayed. I saw the alert and assumed it to be activities of fraudsters, I blocked my ATM, demanded for bank statement, highlighted the fraudulent transactions and forwarded them statement of account to SARS( I did that because they were helping me track my phone that got stolen at about that time and I thought the thieves were the ones tampering with my account). The SARS guy called me that evening that do I know ******? I told him she was my sister and he said she has been the one buying airtime from my account and recipient bank account for the cash transfers was also hers. Imagine if the SARS guys had arrested her and pinned the phone theft on her...

The rationale of the story anyways is that never trust anyone with your bank details.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Mmhmm: 2:29pm On Feb 02, 2020
post=86310246:

Make sure you go to your bank first thing tomorrow's morning and explain what transpired to them.
(Ask for the department or persons in charge of ATM related issue).

You have taken the first and necessary step by blocking your ATM Card.

Fraudsters are all around us, even in your homes.
The change we seek for as a nation begins with us as the citizens!
Wicked humans everywhere!
Shame!

Password not needed in every transaction.

What they need most times is the expire date, the card number and the 3 Security numbers at the back.

but l think u need at least a soft token sent to d registered mobile number at d point of initiating d transaction. So l guess it's someone close to him dt knows his password.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Juliearth(f): 2:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
ibinaboonline:
I've never used aliexpress but I'm sure they use OTP. Wish is international but they use OTP. Ordinary VTU with First bank card and you'll be getting several OTPs that even tire me.

No, they don't!
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Timileyin1234(m): 2:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Upon which police will collect half of the money if not more than half self
That is where the problem is
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Juliearth(f): 2:35pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

The person used the card on an account he or she created.

I understand, but it is advised that online shoppers should not save their card details on sites like alie. Although, they are highly secured, but there may be a breach and unscrupulous individuals can have access to customers' details.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by SALIMAN(m): 2:37pm On Feb 02, 2020
If the goods hasn't been shipped you might be lucky if call them to alert Alibaba of the fraud.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Esji80(m): 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2020
Search for your bank's customer care number

and call them sharply

Also search for Aliexpress customer help and give them a call; they can cancel the order even if it has been shipped

Search for your bank's customer care number

and call them sharply

Also search for Aliexpress customer help and give them a call; they can cancel the order even if it has been shipped

Do that sharply Sunday which Sunday Bank Customer Care is 24/7 ooh Danhoys

Their Social Media handles/email de take more than 24hours b4 they reply oo
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by SavoG(f): 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2020
Please a rejoinder question. If you order from Ali Express how do you take deliveries of your goods....Also this Corona virus will it affect business of shipping and others?
Somebody answer please
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Obynolee(f): 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2020
NotBeenPaid:

Good thing you blocked the card already, next is live chat with a customer care agent on AliExpress. Hopefully your issues would be resolved.

Another thing we must also have the back of our minds is that most banks sends you debit alert only after the payments has been completed after 24hours - meaning the seller would have been notified by AliExpress that he/she could go ahead with the shipment.

China is on a lockdown because of the coronavirus,government advised that citizens stay indoors, they're expected to open by 10th of this month
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Gabriella6250(f): 2:47pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

I am currently on it.. If not that today is Sunday, I would have been in the bank by now. They are yet to reply my messages in all their social handles..

Try sending a mail
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Ijawwomaninoyo: 2:47pm On Feb 02, 2020
dominique:

Ok that's a relief. let's hope the goods have not been processed and shipped yet

Goods are not shipped immediately on Aliexpress, some take about 15 days or more after confirming your payment.
The confirmation is not even instant cos they deal with people all over the world.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by may320: 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2020
Daddydora01:
Am also a victim
Please don't give or ATM pin to anyone
Those guys only need ur ATM pin ATM expiry date and the numbers in front and back of ur ATM back and ur phone number
Note they could also divert the the opt code sent to ur number please be very careful next time
You called all these requirements "only"?
Abeg what else is required to remove the "only"?
Pray tell. cheesy
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Tenshades(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2020
SavoG:
Please a rejoinder question. If you order from Ali Express how do you take deliveries of your goods....Also this Corona virus will it affect business of shipping and others?
Somebody answer please

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by executive12: 3:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
post=86310246:

Make sure you go to your bank first thing tomorrow's morning and explain what transpired to them.
(Ask for the department or persons in charge of ATM related issue).

You have taken the first and necessary step by blocking your ATM Card.

Fraudsters are all around us, even in your homes.
The change we seek for as a nation begins with us as the citizens!
Wicked humans everywhere!
Shame!

What they need most times is the expire date, the card number and the 3 Security numbers at the back.

I believe they also need billing address. This is same address on file with the card issuer (your Bank). The fraud is most likely perpetrated by someone close to you.
This exact type of fraud happened to a friend of mine. With the help of the Bank, he eventually found out the crook is his nephew to whom he disclosed his card details.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Alexiz031(m): 3:01pm On Feb 02, 2020
Skseries:
Why is anyone not asking why bank doesn't send OTP for aliexpress transaction. That's scary
they usually send otp to me each time I buy something.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

The transaction was not done on my aliexpress account. How then do I know the merchant?
Aliexpress notify the merchant. That's why I used "They".

You can suggest for them to do that. That's if they can be able to trace the particular account. Probably, he'll use your name to match with the CC name
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by executive12: 3:01pm On Feb 02, 2020
OZAOEKPE:
Person way you know get your ATM

Exactly.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by sofiscatedmoron: 3:02pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:
I don't know if this is the right section.. Please lala, your help is needed.

Just this morning, I got a debit alert from AlieXpress and was wondering how possible. I thought it must be a problem with Aliexpress since I do shop there.. As i was trying to get to support, I got another debit alert, and yet another.

I had to block the atm through my bank app. I tried looking for my atm and it was nowhere to be found.

It dawns on me that I've lost my atm and someone is shopping with it. Now my question is, is it possible to recover my money through my bank, possibly trace the transaction and know who did it?
Don't request for new card on till u get ur money, and the card needs to be functional,,, because refund is done on the card used to shop, that's if they eventually refund you
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by executive12: 3:05pm On Feb 02, 2020
Sirmuel1:
Someone might have gotten your details from Aliexpress and took out your details!!! (maybe through some tricks in dark web).

Thank Goodness you blocked your account on time.. Just move on, all is well! cheesy

I don't think it has anything to do with dark web. It's someone close to him to whom he has disclosed his Card details.

1 Like

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Ijawwomaninoyo: 3:08pm On Feb 02, 2020
Sorry for the pains, the person is not a perfect thief but a senseless one.
After blocking the card and getting another one, buy a Utility card for N1k from your bank. It will be connected to your account, it will be totally empty.
You will have to transfer money into it from your account using your App and use it up, so the card will always be empty. You can also do without an ATM card and transfer money into your Utility card and use on the ATM or for shopping in case someone compromises its details.
Aliexpress will be the best to help you out, before you can shop on Aliexpress, you will register with a mail, when you get the mail, the person might be traceable online.
The person will also supply a shipping address.
So, you can ask them to mail the person to confirm or cancel the order or his mail reported. You might be lucky he used yahoo that has his phone number.
If he doesn't want to get himself into trouble, he will cancel the order cos he might be gotten through the shipping address.
Orders are not always taken immediately, it takes some days after confirmation of payment which is not always instant.{Some 15 days after confirmation} Unless he orders for Express.
Aliexpress sends your money to the manufacturer first, he then sends the goods to Aliexpress before shipping, so act fast.
Best of luck!
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by sofiscatedmoron: 3:08pm On Feb 02, 2020
Weedsmoker:
But seriously how is that possible? I thought OTP code to your phone number is required for confirmation.
Most foreign sites like eBay, Ali express,, etc don't use otp or password when u shop there,, all they need is the number written in front and back, viola, ur money is deducted,,, no otp, no password,,,
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by executive12: 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
Sanchez01:

She just needs to file a fraud claim on Aliexpress and that's it. She'd be asked to upload some parts of the card as prrof of ownership.

To upload some parts of the card (that is missing)? How can he do that when he does not have the card with him?
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by mercyland93(m): 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
post=86310318:

Naasso , like early last month wen one unfortunate man called, telling me of an upgrade going on at GTB . He ask me for the arrangement of my name, of which I told him. But wen he ask for the expiry date of my card. I quickly realize that he could be a 419ers, Instantly I rained curse on him to the extent that he cut the phone himself.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by harjay1986: 3:10pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:
I don't know if this is the right section.. Please lala, your help is needed.

Just this morning, I got a debit alert from AlieXpress and was wondering how possible. I thought it must be a problem with Aliexpress since I do shop there.. As i was trying to get to support, I got another debit alert, and yet another.

I had to block the atm through my bank app. I tried looking for my atm and it was nowhere to be found.

It dawns on me that I've lost my atm and someone is shopping with it. Now my question is, is it possible to recover my money through my bank, possibly trace the transaction and know who did it?

Sorry for this bro, am sorry I doubt if you can get your money back because your bank might have release the money to aliexpress and after confirmation from the buyer dey will release the money to the seller,
The best thing u can do is that you have block the atm card.
My advice is that if you still want to continue using aliexpress get another atm from another bank and only transfer to it when ever u want to do transaction, so u will only have little or no cash on the atm

Aliexpress always deactivate two way security on any card on their site, wish make them not to request for pin or any third party confirmation
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Wantedola(m): 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2020
My brother, the devil is liar o. I'll be praying for you OK.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by TruthHurts100: 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

I am currently on it.. If not that today is Sunday, I would have been in the bank by now. They are yet to reply my messages in all their social handles..

Another bank incompetence
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by executive12: 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2020
BeerParlour:
Always hide the 4 digit number written on your ATM Card.

The thief is in possession of the missing card.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US / How SARS Took My Eye, Framed Me For Armed Robbery –ex-corps Member / Thief Stuck On The Roof Top While Trying To Enter A Shop To Steal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.