Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,343 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress (57680 Views)

"How Kidnappers Used My 12-year-old Son As Collateral To Buy Two Bags Of Rice – / Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan / ‘I Only Used My Fingers’; Man Arrested For Raping Girl In Delta State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by seanwilliam(m): 12:02pm On Feb 02, 2020
With the Way things are going now, it is better I buy things from trustworthy agent on here or else where.. even I no fit use my atm order from Jumia... this kind thing dey fear me.. plenty money no easy to come by for naija.. or make I kuku enter offline stores to buy what I need abeg
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Fiyiola: 12:02pm On Feb 02, 2020
Go ahead and change your PW on Ali express, check the invented delivery address of the item purchased using your card, i.e., if you are indeed sure that it was not you who ordered the items and, lastly, immediately cancel the order and seek a refund.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by lomprico(m): 12:03pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:
I don't know if this is the right section.. Please lala, your help is needed.

Just this morning, I got a debit alert from AlieXpress and was wondering how possible. I thought it must be a problem with Aliexpress since I do shop there.. As i was trying to get to support, I got another debit alert, and yet another.

I had to block the atm through my bank app. I tried looking for my atm and it was nowhere to be found.

It dawns on me that I've lost my atm and someone is shopping with it. Now my question is, is it possible to recover my money through my bank, possibly trace the transaction and know who did it?

na pesin whey sabi your passcode tiff am.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Oluwaphemite(m): 12:03pm On Feb 02, 2020
ignis:

Not true
You stay in Naija? ggj
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by lacade(m): 12:03pm On Feb 02, 2020
It's possible to get your money back, the items are not yet shipped. Contact AliExpress and lodge the complaints, they will reverse it.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Wiifesnatcher(m): 12:03pm On Feb 02, 2020
Op, how is your boyfriend doing?

my regards to him grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by ringi82(m): 12:04pm On Feb 02, 2020
Mariantus:

Get in touch with Ali Express show Dem proof.. you can even get the destination address from them to help you catch the culprit....
My thoughts exactly. Best way to catch the thief

1 Like

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by BeerParlour: 12:04pm On Feb 02, 2020
Always hide the 4 digit number written on your ATM Card.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Onlineclothing(m): 12:05pm On Feb 02, 2020
People are wicked ooo
Dm for male clothing
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by TruthSpeaker: 12:05pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

Just this morning, I got a debit alert from AlieXpress and was wondering how possible. I thought it must be a problem with Aliexpress since I do shop there.. As i was trying to get to support, I got another debit alert, and yet another.

I had to block the atm through my bank app. I tried looking for my atm and it was nowhere to be found.

It dawns on me that I've lost my atm and someone is shopping with it. Now my question is, is it possible to recover my money through my bank, possibly trace the transaction and know who did it?

NO WAY, BECAUSE IT WASN’T THE BANK’S FAULT BUT RATHER DUE TO YOUR CARELESSNESS. BANKS ALWAYS ADVISE CUSTOMERS TO KEEP THEIR ATM CARD IN A SAFE LOCATION AT ALL TIME AND THAT THE PIN SHOULD NEVER BE REVEALED TO ANYONE.
A FAMILY MEMBER, FRIEND OR EVEN A RUNS GIRL/GIRLFRIEND IS VERY LIKELY TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE CARD SINCE YOU DIDN’T MENTION YOUR WERE ROBBED.
I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR EFFORT TO RECOVERY THE MONEY. IT IS VERY UNLIKELY THE BANK WILL REFUND YOU THE MONEY JUST LIKE THAT FOR YOUR ERROR
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by millionboi2: 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2020
dominique:
I'm afraid you can't get your money bank from your bank, let's hope the shopping platform respond before it's too late
if b d bank ppl dey still d money self.

Naija anytin is posibl
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by D1zion: 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2020
ignis:
Report to your bank and Ali Express. They will be able to refund your money and cancel the transaction.
You could also report to security agencies like the police and EFCC so that they can track the culprit with the help of ali Express
abeg my brother no try those criminals call police, they'll collect your ATM to say they want to investigate after checking your balance you now turn to victim.better efcc if they can tend to you.but no even go near any police person. Update us on how far they issue will go,but its definitely someone you know.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
ibinaboonline:
Going to have a bit of a tough time explaining to your bank because even if said card was stolen, you still need OTP not to talk of your card PIN to transact with it. How did the thief manage with all that? How long has the card been missing? Ma you sabi o
you don't need OTP. It depends on the payment gateway the merchant is using.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by govomotors: 12:11pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

I am currently on it.. If not that today is Sunday, I would have been in the bank by now. They are yet to reply my messages in all their social handles..

All bank have a 24/7 telephone line, locate yours and the can still stop the transactio
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Godsonkemz(m): 12:12pm On Feb 02, 2020
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Godsonkemz(m): 12:12pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

The shopping platform often offers a refund. There have to be a way to prove to the platform that I didn't make the orders. Losing 59k at a spot isn't a nice feeling really.

Sorry bro. I understand your situation. Just contact aliexpress support to cancel the order. Also contact your bank. Thank God you were able to block the ATM though you would have done that immediately you got the first debit alert.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Techbrity(m): 12:12pm On Feb 02, 2020
shevon:

You should have gotten notification about the transaction 3-4days before the actual debit. If what you got was a debit alert, I can only suggest you take the issue to your bank, they should be able to contact Aliexpress. But if it is the transanction notification (just like in the image I attached here) you will get your money back without hassles, just let your bank know you didn't carry out the transactions, they'll investigate and release the blocked funds to you.
I wish you all the best.

This is the alert I got.. I don't receive bank alert through mail..

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by BluntBoy(m): 12:13pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

In the future, enable OTP transactions so that you will be the one to authenticate your transactions in the future.

As for whether you will be able to recover your money from your bank, it is very possible. As long as the person who used your card has not received his order, your bank can alert AliExpress and make them cancel the order. Your bank will block your card and the money will be sent back to your bank account.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Timileyin1234(m): 12:14pm On Feb 02, 2020
AgentNairaland:
Sorry about that... Inform EFCC
About 59k

1 Share

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by yemkoguru(m): 12:14pm On Feb 02, 2020
Contact your bank CC and send a mail to AliExpress for the fraudulent transaction asap.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by horjeh: 12:16pm On Feb 02, 2020
Visit ur bank on Monday and fill a complaint form or talk to them on phone . You will definitely get back your money but it can take up to a month.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Slymonster(m): 12:16pm On Feb 02, 2020
D1zion:
abeg my brother no try those criminals call police, they'll collect your ATM to say they want to investigate after checking your balance you now turn to victim.better efcc if they can tend to you.but no even go near any police person. Update us on how far they issue will go,but its definitely someone you know.

Efcc can only attend to am if it's a million and above most times. Less than that, na police work for them
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by yemkoguru(m): 12:17pm On Feb 02, 2020
lacade:
It's possible to get your money back, the items are not yet shipped. Contact AliExpress and lodge the complaints, they will reverse it.

Exactly. bless him AliExpress will trace his card involved on the fraud to his account for confirmation...
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Femeto: 12:18pm On Feb 02, 2020
ignis:
Report to your bank and Ali Express. They will be able to refund your money and cancel the transaction.
You could also report to security agencies like the police and EFCC so that they can track the culprit with the help of ali Express
Police and EFCC on a Sunday you go wait tire.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by kripen(m): 12:21pm On Feb 02, 2020
Mosesoly:

Op don't lose hope, you can get your money back, same thing happened to me last December, I was debited close to 90k on wish. Com, some one snapped my ATm card, all I did was sent series of mail to Wish support, and my account details to prove ownership, I got my money back, you can still get yours, just hope the Item hasn't been shipped, but your bank can't do anything, cos it has left your account already, contact Ali express

If it is even shipped with proof of ownership to AliExpress, ask detail and phone number that post office will use to contact him, then follow the person through the phone number and get him.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by dangoteinlaw: 12:21pm On Feb 02, 2020
idonhammer:
Only stingy and low spenders Carry ATM card upandan... Heavy spenders roll with raw Cash. I got no time for ATM bullshit. Cash is always available in my pigeonhole and boot ready for spending.
i wonder how comfortable ppl get typing details on a website owned by someone else. As much as I love technology i hate associating it with financial issues. Raw cash!!!
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by mondayeko2222: 12:22pm On Feb 02, 2020
PLS NOTE
1. Have more than one Bank accounts (3 or more)
2. One should be "frozen", no debit card, you can only debosit into it, (real acct)
3. One should be your spending account , have debit card
4. Last one should be for any online transactions( Aliexpress, alibaba, jumia, Konga, eBay, etc

In this era of of digital technology, You can't be too careful...Stay sharp

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by friday2011(m): 12:22pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

Abeg how this take be my business, please mind your self ooo
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by michade(m): 12:24pm On Feb 02, 2020
danvon:
So password was not required?

My brother password seems to be useless when it comes to international transactions. I was surprised it's not asked for when I made a payment on Google play store yesterday. Though, You can set it up in your account settings.

1 Like

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
ibinaboonline:
I've never used aliexpress but I'm sure they use OTP. Wish is international but they use OTP. Ordinary VTU with First bank card and you'll be getting several OTPs that even tire me.

Well, They don't use OTP oga, na only card details you slot & money go commot
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by ehissi(m): 12:27pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

Do not report to the police. I repeat, do not report to the police. Go to police only to make what is called an entry.

Make complaint first at the nearest EFCC office, na them go find the culprit.

Police will only use you to buy fowl for valentine.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How SARS Took My Eye, Framed Me For Armed Robbery –ex-corps Member / Thief Stuck On The Roof Top While Trying To Enter A Shop To Steal / Election Ritual Killing: Girl Beheaded At Akwa Ibom State (Viewers' Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.