Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting (11284 Views)

Me, My Parent And My Soon To Be Wife; Should I Take Her Advice? / Couple Married A Week After They Met (Photos) / Update On 15-Year-Old Girl Who Married A 56-Year-Old 'Demented' Man In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by samworthyever: 12:34pm On Feb 02, 2020
Marriage can at times be heaven on earth if you are lucky to get the right partner. But The reverse is the case if one is not luck. I married a girl who has given birth before. Initial things were going on smoothly until she brought the child to stay with us. She started demanding more than I could afford. She started flirting and having affairs outside just to satisfy the child. She no longer respect and love me. Am regretting now because things are really getting bad. I am thinking of sending her away because am fed up of everything. Guys pls I need your advice on how to handle this issue. Thanks.

7 Likes

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Kobicove(m): 12:36pm On Feb 02, 2020
The problems you're having has nothing to do with the single parent status...it's an individual thing

There were most likely red flags at the beginning which you chose to ignore undecided

70 Likes

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by AfroKnight: 12:39pm On Feb 02, 2020
Having affairs? And you are still asking questions?

Kick the damn hôe out.

Do you want to end up raising another man’s child only to find out after you’ve paid for his masters? My friend, kick her out.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by donstan18: 12:39pm On Feb 02, 2020
Marrying a Virgin lady will always remain the best thing that can happen to any man in marriage.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by charlito94(m): 12:41pm On Feb 02, 2020
Talk with ur partner what you both really want.
If its not working between you too and any promiscuous lifestyle end the relationship

2 Likes

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 02, 2020
At this point, I will advise you to consult IyaTola, the current Senior Advocate of Single Mom's nationwide.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Drince: 12:45pm On Feb 02, 2020
What advise are you looking for? Get your shit together and do the needful for you and for the sake of the child.

3 Likes

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by umbo: 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2020
donstan18:
Marrying a Virgin lady will always remain the best thing that can happen to a man.

says who

Perfect husband/wife : Does not drink, does not smoke, does not cheat and also Does not exist

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Raalsalghul: 12:47pm On Feb 02, 2020
samworthyever:
Marriage can at times be heaven on earth if you are lucky to get the right partner. But The reverse is the case if one is not luck. I married a girl who has given birth before. Initial things were going on smoothly until she brought the child to stay with us. She started demanding more than I could afford. She started flirting and having affairs outside just to satisfy the child. She no longer respect and love me. Am regretting now because things are really getting bad. I am thinking of sending her away because am fed up of everything. Guys pls I need your advice on how to handle this issue. Thanks.

Una no dey ever listen, carry your cross. angry

Simp!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 02, 2020
samworthyever:

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by LOGOBELT: 12:49pm On Feb 02, 2020
donstan18:
Marrying a Virgin lady will always remain the best thing that can happen to a man.
And what happens to the Virgin Girl when you cant satisfy her?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Skmoda(m): 1:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
LOGOBELT:

Leave the guy alone, let him continue to talk with his teeth...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by proclinician: 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2020
LOGOBELT:

What yardstick do u think she will use to measure the level of satisfaction. It's like when i used to ride my 4 cyl spider i used to call my car a speed demon until my friend lend me his rx330 then i saw truly that fast is an attitude. I hated my Camry.

It's all about yardstick.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by ValCon888: 1:19pm On Feb 02, 2020
Op be careful not to commit a fallacy of hasty generalization. There are many good women that are single mums, same way there are many bad women who are virgins. It is all subjective.

The mistake most men make is to marry a lady in haste without knowing who she really is.

I think you know what to do. The question is; do you have the balls to do it?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Millenniumlady(f): 1:21pm On Feb 02, 2020
This is what you get when you risk it all by getting married to a Nigerian man

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Millenniumlady(f): 1:21pm On Feb 02, 2020
donstan18:
Are you a Virgin undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by proclinician: 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
Millenniumlady:
This is what you get when you risk it all by getting married to a Nigerian man

Whay are u saying? Do you understand anything at all?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Millenniumlady(f): 1:30pm On Feb 02, 2020
proclinician:

Whay are u saying? Do you understand anything at all?
Get off my mention you product of a failed country

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 02, 2020
undecided
donstan18:
you might end up making the worse mistake of your life with that statement.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by proclinician: 1:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Get off my mention you product of a failed country

See oo. Well it's a happy day i won't let a little piece of shit with zero brains ruin it. Okay bye. Im off ur stupidass "mention"

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by pryme(m): 1:42pm On Feb 02, 2020
donstan18:

You are not intellectual with this post.
Every repulsive, ranting biitch was once a virgin, don't forget that.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Alfather: 1:44pm On Feb 02, 2020
Op what is paining you is not the woman disregarding you, rather it is the money you used for the maraige. Becus as a man u are entitled to change women like wrapper.

1 Like

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 02, 2020
Kobicove:
The problems you're having has nothing to do with the single parent status...it's an individual thing

There were most likely red flags at the beginning which you chose to ignore undecided

The problem has a lot to do with single parent status cos it what shes been using to support the child care before she met him and since the guy could not take care, she resorted back to her usual ways. And that is what most single moms do to take care of their child. So it not an individual thing.
Thats why we keep shouting now to all single girls to zip up! Its not easy training children even as a couple in this present naija talk more as a single, but they won't listen. This is always the end result; sleeping with anything just to make ends meet.

Nof said.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Vicochende(m): 1:46pm On Feb 02, 2020
I don't understand "she brought the child to stay with you guys" didn't you guys have the talk before? Well, you guys need to sit and talk as a couple.. Try and open up to her without yelling or screaming at her. If she still continues her habits and you can no longer cope, do yourself a favour and walk out. Build your life again and find happiness. Most women are not worth the stress

5 Likes

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by jidamsel43(m): 1:58pm On Feb 02, 2020
Did you ever ask why she divorced her ex husband? Many single parents should be properly examine before you go ahead to marry them.

3 Likes

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by GEOANDSONS: 2:03pm On Feb 02, 2020
Hmmm

Where are the elders in your family?

I can remember dating a single mom, They don't love you, they are only after their affection and dat of their child, which they are using to hold on to the man that got them pregnant. They are generally wayward!!!

My family members and elders gave me a good talking.

7 Likes

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Ishilove: 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2020
She started flirting and having affairs outside just to satisfy the child
So now you're blaming the child for the mother's misdeeds? If the mother is being unfaithful, it's because she has the propensity to be a cheat and not because she's a single mum.

Let's face it, you've always resented having the child around and now you're looking for excuses to discharge them both.

4 Likes

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Tonyfx: 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2020
You both married for the wrong reasons. Yours I don't know but seems like she married someone who will support her and her kid and now that that's not working she is seeking the support elsewhere. Just like kobicove said you chose to ignore the red flags (signs)

samworthyever:

1 Like

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2020
Erediauwa:
At this point, I will advise you to consult IyaTola, the current Senior Advocate of Single Mom's nationwide.
grin
Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Pat081: 2:13pm On Feb 02, 2020
donstan18:
it maybe or other ways arund too
Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by ammyluv2002(f): 2:15pm On Feb 02, 2020
donstan18:

Lol...this is so funny. I can't stop laughing! So, at this time and age, you believe marrying a virgin is the best thing that can happen to any married man?

You think marriage is all about being a virgin? Don't get me wrong, keeping one's virginity till after marriage is a big deal and it's something I would love to teach my kids, but it goes beyond that. After the wedding night what next?

That a lady/guy is a virgin doesn't mean she/he will never cheat. It doesnt mean happiness in marriage, it doesn't mean the person will remain faithful or loyal to the partner...etc.

OP, I think it will be unfair to attribute her character to being a single mum. There are so many single mums out there, who are very hardworking, caring, and devoted to their marriage without hearing such stories, hence, it boils down to the individual irrespective of their status.

I'd suggest you have a heart-to-heart talk with your wife and let her know how bad you feel about the whole thing. If she doesn't have a job, please both of you should hunt for job for her or you can even start up a business for her, if you have the resources.

Find out who her friends are and watch if they influence her badly. Again, it would be nice if you can find a place in your heart to accommodate her child and love him/her like your own. This will definitely help too! But if you aren't cool with having the child in your home then open up to her and let her know.

3 Likes

Re: I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting by Martinez39s(m): 2:18pm On Feb 02, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Una no dey ever listen, carry your cross. angry

Simp!
Don't mind him. When Ubunja, Omar09, Harddon, myself, and other eminent redpill men warned men against single mothers, I'm sure beta cùcks like him foolishly and sheepishly joined the females to rail against us for being "misogynists", "broke" and "frustrated" dudes, and "haters" of women. Let him carry his cross. grin

Can you believe he is upset that his single-mom wife prioritizes the kid over him and the marriage? cheesy What a fool of prodigious proportions. grin grin cheesy

The op even said
"... Initial things were going on smoothly until she brought the child to stay with us. She started demanding more than I could afford. She started flirting and having affairs outside just to satisfy the child."
If only the op realised that women see men as disposable utilities and are in "love" with men only for what men can provide. His single-mom wife just needed him as an ATM to comfortably care of her and the kid, most especially the kid. To fulfill this mission, she used the chameleon strategy to trap him by pretending to be a good wife material. After the chameleon strategy worked and she had finally trapped him, she then moved a level up in her mission by bringing the kid. The demands increased because this time around, in accordance with her mission, she wasn't content to have the man just take care of her, he had to take care of the kid too. When the ATM (the op aka samworthyever) wasn't capable of accomplishing her mission as she wanted, she damned, disrespected, and disregarded him and the sanctity of the marriage to make her and the kid financially comfortable as she expected.

Too bad the OP doesn't realise that she never loved him, he was only important to her for his money, and to her, she and the kid were the only priorities and only things worthy of genuine importance. Since the op couldn't measure up as she had expected, he and the marriage were sidelined and disregarded. Seems the simp is yet to realise this.

I am sure that while she was playing around to help fulfill her mission, she was also gracefully complemented by financial provisions for her simpish husband called samworthyever. grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Smart Lady Tried To Cheat Me Today, But I Cheated Her Instead.(photo) / Check Out Photo Of A Groom's Erected Penis During His Wedding Photoshoot (photo) / Are Dating Websites A Waste Of Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.