Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma (83785 Views)

Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now / I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? / Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Ibfpleasant(m): 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2020
EBUBS:

I'll use hot water then grin
it becomes Eba if yuh use hot water..
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Makschinchin: 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2020
MRcocaFanta:
As a Nigeria, you might have heard people saying that when someone drinks garri, it means the person is poor and rached.

For example, people tend to laugh at those that soaks garri.

But that isn't the case.

So today I've compiled pics that will make you think twice before branding soaking or drinking of garri, a "poverty food"

@bold; what do you mean by "rached"?? I guess you meant "Wretched"
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Makschinchin: 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
ekestic1976:
You don't DRINK Gari; you EAT it, just as you don't drink orange but eat it. OP may have to get the New Oxford English Course Nigeria Book 2 for more teaching! grin grin grin

Like you eat tea right?
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Juchii(m): 3:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
ekestic1976:
You don't DRINK Gari; you EAT it, just as you don't drink orange but eat it. OP may have to get the New Oxford English Course Nigeria Book 2 for more teaching! grin grin grin

Na we invent garri or na oxford. We know whether we are drinking it or eating it. Over sabi punch you there

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by jaxxy(m): 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
U mean Garium sulphate? Depends on how u drink it. Lol

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Legendguru: 10:35pm On Feb 03, 2020
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by ghettochild4u(m): 10:58pm On Feb 03, 2020
People call garri poor man food yet one Congo of Garry or one gallon no be shikini money o..
Yet these same people dey use garri to make eba to eat ogbono, egusi, oha, ewedu etc..
Awon ashiere

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Litmus: 11:56pm On Feb 03, 2020
Dry garri just mixed with a dash of palm oil, salt and pepper can be nice. It was a childhood like of mine.
- especially those new, very dry, crispy, sharp-grained, tangy garri, yum.

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Sike(m): 5:07am On Feb 04, 2020
I was here
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Dkyz(m): 2:19pm On Feb 04, 2020
MRcocaFanta:
As a Nigeria, you might have heard people saying that when someone drinks garri, it means the person is poor and rached.

For example, people tend to laugh at those that soaks garri.

But that isn't the case.

So today I've compiled pics that will make you think twice before branding soaking or drinking of garri, a "poverty food"

Following...
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by HabaHaba: 2:20pm On Feb 04, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:

Totally agree with you and it takes a pig to know a pig.

Hahahhahhahha, an Obese Pig living in a pigsty will make a Stewpid comment again!

Anu ofia mpama ukwu! Idiyotu!!
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Enyimbamercedes: 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2020
HabaHaba:

Hahahhahhahha, an Obese Pig living in a pigsty will make a Stewpid comment again!

Anu ofia mpama ukwu! Idiyotu!!

Oh my! Took a while for your Pentium chip to boot and when it did, this was the best you could come up with?
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by donstan18: 3:14pm On Feb 07, 2020
shinarlaura:

Yes oh grin
You wear anklets? cheesy
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
...Garri the most versatile food ever...which can be taken anytime of the day...
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by shinarlaura(f): 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:

You wear anklets? cheesy

Yes I do smiley
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by donstan18: 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2020
shinarlaura:

Yes I do smiley
For fashion sake, I guess. smiley
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by shinarlaura(f): 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:

For fashion sake, I guess. smiley

Of course. wink
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by donstan18: 3:29pm On Feb 07, 2020
shinarlaura:

Of course. wink
Lol. Ok.

Guess why I asked. Be honest smiley
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by shinarlaura(f): 5:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:

Lol. Ok.

Guess why I asked. Be honest smiley

I don't know why u asked. Could u mind telling me?
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by donstan18: 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2020
shinarlaura:

I don't know why u asked. Could u mind telling me?
Anklets v'got a bad signal in our society because it's most worn by prostitutes. cheesy grin
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by shinarlaura(f): 6:11pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:

Anklets v'got a bad signal in our society because it's most worn by prostitutes. cheesy grin

In Nigeria? Cuz it's not seen like that here.
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by donstan18: 6:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
shinarlaura:

In Nigeria? Cuz it's not seen like that here.
Yea, that's the way it's mostly seen in Nigeria.

Reason, I asked smiley
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by shinarlaura(f): 6:19pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:

Yea, that's the way it's mostly seen in Nigeria.

Reason, I asked smiley

Ok I get it. Here, it's something very common.
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by donstan18: 6:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
shinarlaura:

Ok I get it. Here, it's something very common.
You wear waist bead too? tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by shinarlaura(f): 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:

You wear waist bead too? tongue lipsrsealed

Yes I do tongue
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by donstan18: 6:30pm On Feb 07, 2020
shinarlaura:

Yes I do tongue
Lol. It Looks very to naught to me. cheesy
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by shinarlaura(f): 6:31pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:

Lol. It Looks very to naught to me. cheesy

Yeah that's because I am very naughty myself. wink
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by donstan18: 6:36pm On Feb 07, 2020
shinarlaura:

Yeah that's because I am very naughty myself. wink
Now you got me. Are you that_____ tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by shinarlaura(f): 6:44pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:

Now you got me. Are you that_____ tongue lipsrsealed

Lol...u 're crazy

Yeah I am that........ cool
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by donstan18: 6:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
shinarlaura:

Lol...u 're crazy

Yeah I am that........ cool
Lol, seriously Laura, you look so innocent and shy.

Never knew you were that_______ tongue lipsrsealed grin
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by shinarlaura(f): 6:56pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:

Lol, seriously Laura, you look so innocent and shy.

Never knew you were that_______ tongue lipsrsealed grin

Hahahahaha....do u know why I am laughing? Cuz more than 90%of people I 've come across thinks I am one innocent and shy girl but my deed eh grin grin.

I
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by donstan18: 7:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
shinarlaura:

Hahahahaha....do u know why I am laughing? Cuz more than 90%of people I 've come across thinks I am one innocent and shy girl but my deed eh grin grin.

I
Lol yea, you look very innocent and shy, I've seen your picture with very innocent eyes grin

Well, it's nice for a lady to look innocent, whereas she's so________ lipsrsealed tongue grin

It makes it balanced!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ram With 5 Horns Sold At A Market In Lagos Ahead Of Sallah Celebration. / Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US / African Forest Buffalo Killed In Hunting Expedition (Photos)