Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,730 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma (83644 Views)

Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now / I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? / Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 02, 2020
Littleman123:

Alaye , Bleep off joor , English is all about understanding, as long as we understand what he meant , nothing more... na your papa language... you be British?....
Where was garri ever stated in the dictionary. That is the first question no one has asked our Honourable professor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Caseless: 11:17pm On Feb 02, 2020
I'm saving some pictures here. Whenever I'm sick, I lose appetite and hate food generally. The only thing I can take then is a very sour garri(ijebu garri standard) without sugar. Sometimes, I prefer the natural taste. I kinda like garri, but I have heartburn after taking garri and some foods out there, except allowed to really soak and soften well before taking it(garri) . What's a Nigerian student without garri backup? You've let Nigerian spirit down...

1 Like

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Ezennia101(m): 11:18pm On Feb 02, 2020
Don't worry the doctors in the house will be waiting for you in the health section when u come back for solutions about uncontrollable running stomach....continue soaking garri with coldstone and fried rice,u can even use alcohol and soak it.

1 Like

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by HimName: 11:19pm On Feb 02, 2020

1 Like

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by bukatyne(f): 11:21pm On Feb 02, 2020
shinarlaura:
It's not abt being poor. At times even after eating a good meal, I still feel like drinking garri.

Did you attend a boarding school? grin

3 Likes

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Yoighaman(m): 11:23pm On Feb 02, 2020
After not being able to get a proper sleep during the week, I decided to induce myself so I could sleep over the weekend, one of the effects of what I took was eating like a glutton, that's not even the point, most intriguing part is the crave for drinking garri.

I slept and ate all day throughout yesterday and as I was about to jump in bed at night, this sudden urge to drink garri just came, I jumped out of bed, drank enough with cold water and groundnuts and went to back to bed. Woke up this morning, first urge, Garri again, I drank plenty of it and went back to bed.

Now today, it's bedtime and the crazy urge to drink Garri again came upon me, I decided to relieve it by coming to catch some fun on Nairaland, only for me to open it and guess what? This thread on Garri!!!! I hope this is not village people at work o, Just so Garri is the strategy to exterminate me!!! I'm shouting out now o! smiley

@OP, you better come and finish what you have started.

3 Likes

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Exodora: 11:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
Why are people so wicked naaaaa! . Showing all this pix without even letting us feel the taste is it not savagering .
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by bukatyne(f): 11:30pm On Feb 02, 2020
Yoighaman:
After not being able to get a proper sleep during the week, I decided to induce myself so I could sleep over the weekend, one of the effects of what I took was eating like a glutton, that's not even the point, most intriguing part is the crave for drinking garri.

I slept and ate all day throughout yesterday and as I was about to jump into bed at night, this sudden urge to drink garri just came, I jumped out of bed, drank enough with cold water and groundnuts and went to bed. Woke up this morning, first urge, Garri again, I drank plenty of it and went back to bed.

Now today, it's bedtime and the crazy urge to drink Garri again came upon me again, I decided to relieve it by coming to catch some fun on Nairaland, only for me to open it and guess what? This thread on Garri!!!! I hope this is not village people at work o, Just so Garri is the strategy to exterminate me!!! I'm shouting out now o! smiley

Hahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Simonokeh7(m): 11:34pm On Feb 02, 2020
colestephan86:

When I buy Milo and tin of milk, the Milo might take 2 months , but the milk must finish under 3 weeks because of garri.
Milk , Milo and garrí .
True words bro while growing up my mom noticed this and opted to mix both the milo and the milk in a bigger can
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Greystone: 11:37pm On Feb 02, 2020
cheesy
collinsuchendu:
Drinking garri doesn't mean you’re poor, but allowing the garri to swell-up before drinking is poverty.

-Paa Kwesi Nduom

Na true love as long as the peppe dey grin

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by osazsky(m): 11:40pm On Feb 02, 2020
See BMC and yoruba slaves trying to justify d soaking of garri cuz rice is now for d elite Buhari y....well we d masses don't want rice again rice don tire me ....

1 Like

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by umoslink(m): 11:44pm On Feb 02, 2020
What about the ones drinking gari with just salt?
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by franksunny(m): 11:44pm On Feb 02, 2020
The only garri that i like is eba and a little inside raw hot oil beans. I don't like soaking garri and not even any of those things attached can make me soak garri twice in three months. One man food is another man poison
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 02, 2020
TRUSTEDGUY:
grin grin

If as a man you can only afford garri as a meal then you are very poor.

Tell me which occasion you don go way dem give you garri?

1 Like

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Yoighaman(m): 11:59pm On Feb 02, 2020
bukatyne:

Hahahahahahaha

Guess what I'm doing right now Damn! Drinking garri....now I can see village people smiling wickedly like Patience Ozokwor...hmmm
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by alexola20(m): 12:02am On Feb 03, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Nobody: 12:03am On Feb 03, 2020
A friend of mine sells coconut flavored garri that thing is sweet
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:05am On Feb 03, 2020
EBUBS:
I'll use hot water then grin
it turns to EBA afterwards. LOL
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by shinarlaura(f): 12:17am On Feb 03, 2020
bukatyne:

Did you attend a boarding school? grin

Yes oh grin
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 03, 2020
Garri wey go abroad
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Studyinchina200(m): 12:23am On Feb 03, 2020
I can’t drink garri without milk tho
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by uvie66: 12:31am On Feb 03, 2020
mrkings84:
My brother leaf that mata, garri soaking is purely a poor man's food. The rich eat corrnflakes. Even when they want to soak garri, they may spend over a thousand naira 4 other condiments.....
nonsense talk so we wey dey England and here cornflakes is cheaper than garri, will you still say garri is poor Man stuff. Try ijebu garri and groundnut and your life will never be the same again.

2 Likes

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by qtx(m): 12:45am On Feb 03, 2020
ekestic1976:
You don't DRINK Gari; you EAT it, just as you don't drink orange but eat it. OP may have to get the New Oxford English Course Nigeria Book 2 for more teaching! grin grin grin

English na your dialect? English na another person dialect. Crucifying OP BC of English? The question is can you be that efficient when it comes to your own native tongue? Think we'll well before you begin de act like say you from England o grin

2 Likes

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Nobody: 12:52am On Feb 03, 2020
qtx:

English na your dialect? English na another person dialect. Crucifying OP BC of English? The question is can you be that efficient when it comes to your own native tongue? Think we'll well before you begin de act like say you from England o grin
English is our language it is our lingua franca(main language) so you must know it or else to the outside world you're a standard illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Litmus: 1:08am On Feb 03, 2020
…better for your children than noodles. Soaked garri and ewa generation are taller and stronger than endomi generation.

2 Likes

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by DeOTR: 1:16am On Feb 03, 2020
mrkings84:
My brother leaf that mata, garri soaking is purely a poor man's food. The rich eat corrnflakes. Even when they want to soak garri, they may spend over a thousand naira 4 other condiments.....
Speak for yourself.
To someone like me, garri is a beverage. For God's sake, I even like it without adding anything.
It's only people who drink garri when they are hungry that I consider poor.
I like drink garri whenever I'm thirsty and I'm not anywhere poor.

4 Likes

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by vincentjk(m): 1:26am On Feb 03, 2020
Elxandre:

What's this now? Lol.

Bread and garri. Haba

Call it anything u like wetin I know b say na garri
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Nobody: 1:46am On Feb 03, 2020
Omo I love Garri die; soaked in milk and honey tongue I will take garri before cornflakes, rice crispies, coco pops, bix, oats or whatever other shenanigans the white man can come up with!
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Nobody: 2:52am On Feb 03, 2020
when u out of naija then u know garri is gold cheesy.anybody that associates garri with poverty is ignorant cheesy.

4 Likes

Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by GermanMelania: 3:09am On Feb 03, 2020
Every one loves garri
It is a taste thing not just about price. Garri is sweet if you have options and aren't forced to eat it everyday.
Garri is also not safe to eat alone and too often..it causes irreversible nerve damage as seen more in eastern African countries were it is taken alone. We see less damage in Nigeria as we typically take it with some form of protein. Groundnut , fried meats. Stay safe and happy soaking
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Lifecanbeamazin: 3:27am On Feb 03, 2020
I left Nigeria 1998 and whenever I visit ho me the only gifts my children look forward to are Ijebu Gari and Agege Bread. They prefer eating gari than soaking it in water. I soak mine without sugar or milk.
Re: Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma by Lifecanbeamazin: 3:41am On Feb 03, 2020
Can someone please send me Ijebu Gari�.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina / Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US / Have You Seen This Lucifer Biscuit? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.