Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,512 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban (65945 Views)

Lagos To Roll Out 500 Last-mile Buses As Alternatives To Okada / Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats / Man Killed By Okada In Anambra Few Days To Okada Ban - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Origin(f): 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
It wasn't the lack of Okada but also the increase in bus fare by the NURTW buses.

They suddenly became a monopoly on the road and hiked fares thereby leaving people who could not afford it stranded.

All private car and bus owners should start taking passengers to relieve Lagosians of this harsh situation.

Yes Marwa and Okada should not ply major roads but what about the inner streets.

And the government should provide more BRT buses. What we have is not ENOUGH.

1 Like

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by ibietela2(m): 4:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
stevenson007:
Seriously a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step....

Lets start from here...

No okada and keke

People will look for sane alternatives themselves (Man must survive)..

But if your choice is to begin robbery (armed & unarmed) bear it in mind that this is the beginning of the end for you?

I have a feeling something good will emanate from this.....

Lagos will be great again..

Imagine that how busstops look like now without the filth of Okada and Keke Napep.

Thats how people complain about Border closure and some wailed to the extent that they wanted to die. But now we are used to it and directly or indirectly, we are ripping the dividends.

Lagosians it only the beginning, we will survive and then from then on better alternatives that people can delve into will be here.

PS: If you tell me that how will they feed their family or people will go into stealing then ask yourselves that what were they doing before they started the okada and keke work or they born them into the world with Keke and Okada

Use your head

Who is ripping dividends of border closure

1 Like

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by DownChelsea(f): 4:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
DAVE5:

I guess you know he meant "breach" nah

Nobody sabi everything, probably he doesn't know or he got carried away

But the truth is businesses in Nigeria are holding on by a string/thread

One man can be elected tomorrow and he destroys a business by just signing some "not so we'll" thought out plans not minding how his decisions affect anybody
not only in Nigeria. All over the world, government policies can’t favour the entire populace. It is the government’s mandate to sanitize the state. People may make their living from the lack of sanity, but the government must do what it must do, REGARDLESS.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by West2019(m): 4:25pm On Feb 03, 2020
I slalut our next president federal Republic of Nigeria 2023. Governor Olu for president 2023.everyone in lag will try and I a car soon
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by MrCork: 4:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
samuel19222:
The ban of tricycle and bikes in Lagos State has left so many pedestrians who depended so much on it as a means of transportation angry.

As at this monday morning people can be seen struggling to board a bus at iyana ipaja under bridge due to the ban on Okada and keke.

...0k..so how much do they sell horse Their in Nigeria? angry
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by ukahrawah: 4:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
Okada mode of transport is never recommended in any sane society. What Lagos state govt must strive to achieve is intra-city rail links. Lagosians deserve nothing less. These bike guys especially from the North are very aggressive and they look ready to kill. I've witnessed an incident before where it took Policemen from the North hours to calm down an Okada rider simply because he felt a co-bike operator whom he referred to as "infidel" overtook him to pick a passenger. Lagosians may not be safe in no distant time if these bike operators are allowed to operate without any sound profiling and regulation.

2 Likes

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by DAVE5(m): 4:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
grossintel:
In my opinion this doesn't make any sense. Those comparing Lagos with mega cities like Tokyo should also note that they have other means of transportation available to the public. High speed trains, mono rail etc. Population in Lagos is so much, imagine boarding a bus and dragging with over 100 people!

No mind people wey dey compare Lagos and other mega cities, one mumu was hailing the decision and comparing us to the likes of Dubai,I just jejely added pix of those cities and their several other means of transport and the goat cld not reply, plus the fact that those other transport means are even either govt project or partnership project between government and maybe some companies

So it boils down to the fact that the government is the one making lives easier for their populace by providing basic amenities at affordable rates, but for us here

We provide our own water, electricity, health, security and other necessities, what then is the govt's job

2 Likes

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by DownChelsea(f): 4:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
Lagos is not on the level of Dubai. But if Lagos must get to that level. What Sanwo Olu has done, is obviously the starting point.

Although, the govt must swiftly respond to the challenges this “positive policy” will cause
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by WarHorse1(m): 4:31pm On Feb 03, 2020
DEROX:
I can't really say what sanwo olu did was bad those okada riders also behave and cause havoc a lot of times especially the keke maruwa so let sanwo olu ban them for now they wont die without them >:

Are you saying Lagos car drivers have a different mentality than okada and keke riders? Are they not worse off? please think.

1 Like

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by DownChelsea(f): 4:32pm On Feb 03, 2020
WarHorse1:

Are you saying Lagos car drivers have a different mentality than okada and keke riders? Are they not worse off? please think.
it is far easier and convenient to enforce laws on car owners than keke/bike chelsea fan toutish owners
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by jevic(m): 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
Exactly what is happening in Rivers State since late 2019 but theirs is because of fly overs construction.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by sureinfo: 4:34pm On Feb 03, 2020
Hmmm, the struggle is real o
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by WarHorse1(m): 4:35pm On Feb 03, 2020
DownChelsea:
Lagos is not on the level of Dubai. But if Lagos must get to that level. What Sanwo Olu has done, is obviously the starting point.

Although, the govt must swiftly respond to the challenges this “positive policy” will cause
one step forward, seven steps backwards. Dubai was built with a sense of humanity.

3 Likes

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by DownChelsea(f): 4:36pm On Feb 03, 2020
WarHorse1:

one step forward, seven steps backwards. Dubai was built with a sense of humanity.
if you read my post, you would have seen my emphasis of the 2nd stanza which prescribes the needed sense of humanity
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Digriz(m): 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
People are suffering in Lagos,i just pity civil servants most.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by DAVE5(m): 4:40pm On Feb 03, 2020
DownChelsea:
not only in Nigeria. All over the world, government policies can’t favour the entire populace. It is the government’s mandate to sanitize the state. People may make their living from the lack of sanity, but the government must do what it must do, REGARDLESS.

No policy can favor an entire populace; yes

But here in Nigeria most policies rips the poor of even their little

In other countries

Light is mostly a forgone issue

Health: govt has major stakes in those e.g China that's battling with coronavirus recently opened a 1000 bed hospital under emergency situation
Which govt hospital is serene in Nigeria and has a 1000 bed capacity

Security: our police is our own enemy, people dey fear police like no man business, you're a suspect for carrying dreadlock or tattoo, SARS nko: sorry case

Army is a menace; make mistake match army man, sorry nah ur name

Pipe borne Water: I guess I don't have to expantiate more

Transport:

Housing:

Education:

Research and development:

Industry:

Employment:

Internet:

Good roads:

The list is endless ma

When you provide those basic amenities, you have solved most of life's problem for the entire country, you would not need to make policies to favor every single person because everybody wld b aiit already

instead of our government to stabilize things they go on to increase taxes for even amenities they did not provide while we provide basic amenities for ourselves and they still want to shut us down

3 Likes

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by WarHorse1(m): 4:41pm On Feb 03, 2020
DownChelsea:
it is far easier and convenient to enforce laws on car owners than keke/bike chelsea fan toutish owners
Ok. I get. Lazy government cannot really control them. Indian government does and keke's contribution to their economy is significant.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Righteousness89(m): 4:43pm On Feb 03, 2020
BabaO2:
good roads and discipline are the only alternatives
Good road is not substitute for automobiles..
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Righteousness89(m): 4:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
BreconHills:

When the objective is attained, the solution will emerge. And you can take that to the bank.
Is that you run your Business? Let's be Reasonable..

1 Like

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by DAVE5(m): 4:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
Righteousness89:

Good road is not substitute for automobiles..

I was going to quote him to tell him

Guess we all need to sanitize our brains on how things should work in a sane country cos some people just seem to think Nigeria is working meanwhile it's a shìt show

1 Like

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by DownChelsea(f): 4:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
DAVE5:

No policy can favor an entire populace; yes

But here in Nigeria most policies rips the poor of even their little

In other countries

Light is mostly a forgone issue

Health: govt has major stakes in those e.g China that's battling with coronavirus recently opened a 1000 bed hospital under emergency situation
Which govt hospital is serene in Nigeria and has a 1000 bed capacity

Security: our police is our own enemy, people dey fear police like no man business, you're a suspect for carrying dreadlock or tattoo, SARS nko: sorry case

Army is a menace; make mistake match army man, sorry nah ur name

Pipe borne Water: I guess I don't have to expantiate more

Transport:

Housing:

Education:

Research and development:

Industry:

Employment:

Internet:

Good roads:

The list is endless sir

When you provide those basic amenities, you have solved most of life's problem for the entire country, you would not need to make policies to favor every single person because everybody wld b aiit already

instead of our government to stabilize things they go on to increase taxes for even amenities that did not provide while we provide basic amenities for ourselves and they still want to shut us down
whatever positive change is needed would have to start somewhere.

It is unfortunate that the lower class Have a closer proximity to the dreaded lawlessness, insanity and chaos and decay the state government wants to get rid of.

Pursuant to the unfortunate situation the lower class (especially the sane and law abiding ones) finds itself, THERE IS NO ATTEMPT THE GOVERNMENT WILL TAKE AT BRINGING BACK SANITY “IN ANY FORM” THAT WOULD NOT PROMPT AN OUTCRY.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Neddstark: 4:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
DownChelsea:
your myopia is your own fault.

Same with your retardation.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by DownChelsea(f): 4:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
WarHorse1:

Ok. I get. Lazy government cannot really control them. Indian government does and keke's contribution to their economy is significant.
you brought this point before the wrong person. I will tell you why. I have been to india, and the keke guys there are also a problem that people cry about.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by DownChelsea(f): 4:48pm On Feb 03, 2020
Neddstark:

Same with your retardation.
I have trekkers and umbrella to sell to you.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by WarHorse1(m): 4:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
DownChelsea:
you brought this point before the wrong person. I will tell you why. I have been to india, and the keke guys there are also a problem that people cry about.
But a sane govt allowed them irrespective of their "problem". do the math and tell yourself why the Indian govt allowed keke.

1 Like

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by DownChelsea(f): 4:54pm On Feb 03, 2020
WarHorse1:

But a sane govt allowed them irrespective of their "problem". do the math and tell yourself why the Indian govt allowed keke.
that is the Indian government’s “point of imperfection”. It should never be the yardstick
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Neddstark: 4:56pm On Feb 03, 2020
DownChelsea:
I have trekkers and umbrella to sell to you.

I have condoms to sell to your mother so she doesn't make a mistake again

2 Likes

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by DAVE5(m): 4:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
DownChelsea:
whatever positive change is needed would have to start somewhere.

It is unfortunate that the lower class Have a closer proximity to the dreaded lawlessness, insanity and chaos and decay the state government wants to get rid of.

Pursuant to the unfortunate situation the lower class (especially the sane and law abiding ones) finds itself, THERE IS NO ATTEMPT THE GOVERNMENT WILL TAKE AT BRINGING BACK SANITY “IN ANY FORM” THAT WOULD NOT PROMPT AN OUTCRY.

I like your last statement : there is no attempt....
True though

Our own govt no just send us... They want a baby to learn to fly from day 1

Development is a gradual process, it would hurt but the rate our govt is doing theirs would probably kill not just hurt

Have you read Rwanda's style they used, even the political elite felt the heat, our own nah only poor masses dey feel the heat, they are still considering increment/decrease of pay for political office holders when even the one they collect now is some people 35years take home pay

Apologies for dragging the matter, I dey disgusted by this govt and their ways
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 03, 2020
Its back to the struggle and tear your clothes to enter a bus, this policy has taken lagos back by 15 years.

Some people argue that it makes Lagos more civilized, what is civilized about people struggling and fighting to enter buses ?

Do we see that in developed countries?

People dont understand that the struggle to enter buses is because of scarcity of reliable transport int he state.

There has to be variety in transportation media in a state, everyone cannot use vehicles at the same time, or planes or trains at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by simplyshade: 5:05pm On Feb 03, 2020
Reaping cool
stevenson007:
Seriously a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step....

Lets start from here...

No okada and keke

People will look for sane alternatives themselves (Man must survive)..

But if your choice is to begin robbery (armed & unarmed) bear it in mind that this is the beginning of the end for you?

I have a feeling something good will emanate from this.....

Lagos will be great again..

Imagine that how busstops look like now without the filth of Okada and Keke Napep.

Thats how people complain about Border closure and some wailed to the extent that they wanted to die. But now we are used to it and directly or indirectly, we are ripping the dividends.

Lagosians it only the beginning, we will survive and then from then on better alternatives that people can delve into will be here.

PS: If you tell me that how will they feed their family or people will go into stealing then ask yourselves that what were they doing before they started the okada and keke work or they born them into the world with Keke and Okada

Use your head

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by WarHorse1(m): 5:05pm On Feb 03, 2020
DownChelsea:
that is the Indian government’s “point of imperfection”. It should never be the yardstick
I think differently. A developing economy should not try taking a long leap to become a developed economy. It falls into a pit if it tries. The Indian government knows it is a stage it has to pass through. when the time comes, it will change with least impact. As the evidence clearly shows, Lagos is not ready for the ban. Do you know that the ban will increase fuel consumption and air pollution given car holdups? Do you know Lagos GDP will drop with the ban? Do you know that all these could have been averted in a sane clime?
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Lamanii22(f): 5:06pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kendumazy:
Mheen! The ban isn't funny ooo! Outing that cost 500 now cost 1200, 1500. Bus owners are now taking advantage of the ban to hugely increase their fares. Was surprised to hear Agege to ikeja for #250. Something that used to be #100. You need to see hold up too, car owners that rarely brings out their car have started putting it on the road.

O wa ga gaan bayii ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / World’s Rarest Passport That's Held By Only 500 People Is Over 900 Yrs Old (Pix) / Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.