Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban (65898 Views)

Lagos To Roll Out 500 Last-mile Buses As Alternatives To Okada / Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats / Man Killed By Okada In Anambra Few Days To Okada Ban - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by atmstyle: 5:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
Alimosho is not part of the locations where okada and keke are banned, is it?
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Ucee1999: 5:09pm On Feb 03, 2020
vizkiz:
Go and buy Horse grin

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by onai1: 5:15pm On Feb 03, 2020
Instead of banning them,why not create a separate lane for them,same way it was done for BRT buses.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by blingxx(m): 5:21pm On Feb 03, 2020
Wait o ...them ban oride join?
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by NaMeAboki: 5:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
Some ppl were happy because the ban was targeted at northerners, who were heavily engaged in the Okada business, lest do they know that the ripple effect will come back an pinch them.LOL!
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by tiwiex(m): 5:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
stevenson007:
Seriously a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step....

Lets start from here...

No okada and keke

People will look for sane alternatives themselves (Man must survive)..

But if your choice is to begin robbery (armed & unarmed) bear it in mind that this is the beginning of the end for you?

I have a feeling something good will emanate from this.....

Lagos will be great again..

Imagine that how busstops look like now without the filth of Okada and Keke Napep.

Thats how people complain about Border closure and some wailed to the extent that they wanted to die. But now we are used to it and directly or indirectly, we are ripping the dividends.

Lagosians it only the beginning, we will survive and then from then on better alternatives that people can delve into will be here.

PS: If you tell me that how will they feed their family or people will go into stealing then ask yourselves that what were they doing before they started the okada and keke work or they born them into the world with Keke and Okada

Use your head

Some of the people riding okadas are in their teens. They were not even born when Okada was born in Nigeria. So they were not born before Okada cam and this was probably their first job. The issue is not this simple. It's the simpleton approach taken by the state that caused this issue.

How many Okada riders are on the road? How many passengers daily? Where do passengers go? What is their job? An example. A nanny comes every morning to take care of the kids so that you can go to work. Nanny can't show up early today. Multiply nanny be 10,000 and u see the madness that happened this morning. Our decision makers decide with only them in mind. They have cars, private jets, nanny can afford to be on site etc and they bungle public policy decisions up because they just don't connect. I was shocked to realize you can get a reasonably descent meal in Abuja for 250 naira right in Central area.

It's amazing how many things we assume. This should have gone through research and it should have been phased.

2 Likes

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Yoighaman(m): 5:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
samuel19222:
The ban of tricycle and bikes in Lagos State has left so many pedestrians who depended so much on it as a means of transportation angry.

As at this monday morning people can be seen struggling to board a bus at iyana ipaja under bridge due to the ban on Okada and keke.

Like I posted on another thread a moment ago.

Relax, election periods would soon arrive, things would go back to status quo just about that time.

Please try and endure till then. People must get sense by force.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by EgunMogaji2: 5:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
oloriooko:
So so sad to see such sudden change which Sanwo could not say during his campaign days, ironically he got so many votes from these people he sacked without providing immediate solution to mitigate the hardship this policy brought.

I’m sure that he also got votes from those that are tired of the recklessness, and unsafe characteristics of the violent riders.

1 Like

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by GermanMelania: 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2020
DAVE5:

This is a golden question?

Has anybody replied you?

Pls quote me for the response if u don't mind
No answers yet o bros pls help me
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by EgunMogaji2: 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2020
The problem with okadas is that they did not self regulate.

They allowed any riff raff with opposable thumbs to become okada rider.

They ride with impunity and become an unruly crowd if you should be involved in a fender bender with one of them.

Good bye to trash, here’s hoping lame a$$ Seyi Makinde will have the intestinal fortitude to do same for Ibadan. I pray,

1 Like

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by CareerCityNG: 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2020
According to information, the Lagos State Government intends to relocate Computer Village to this location and return the current Computer Village to a residential area.

If you have money to invest, now would be a good time to buy land in this area.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by FrostyButter: 6:01pm On Feb 03, 2020
Virgin Atlantic eventually did come as "virgin Nigeria"

Only for your govt to demand bribes from them ( part of which Richard Bradson, the CEO wrote in his book)... When he wouldn't yield, they started taking major routes like UK and US from from him. Why? Cause they wanted to float arik.. The summary of all this is, Nigeria is the worst place to invest money. If you take this same dedication and invest in a place like the United States, you're better off by far.
Akiliogidi:
Lagos state governor gave out motorcycles in December, Gokada signed a deal with MC Oluomo’s road transport union, in less than 6 months after, this is what they got.

We keep shouting that we want investors in Nigeria, how will an investor cope with unstable policies?

When virgin Atlantic was tapped to come and invest in Nigeria, they only asked who will pay for damages Incase there’s a bridge of contract... They never got a reply.
It’s such a shame that we treat investors this way

2 Likes

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by sylve11: 6:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
Akiliogidi:

What will now be the fate of those breadwinners who's source of livelihood either directly or indirectly depends on okada & keke?

The truth is, those in power have not been touched by the angry masses.

Soon, they will know. An hungry man is a beast waiting to unleash mayhem on its prey. cool
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by DAVE5(m): 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
GermanMelania:

No answers yet o bros pls help me

Nah indoor I dey all day ohh, don't know situation of things
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by olisaemeka1(m): 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
BreconHills:

When the objective is attained, the solution will emerge. And you can take that to the bank.
My brother Democracy is Govt of the people , for the people , and by the people. ...When the opinions Of the PEOPLE is discarded in serious issues like this , then its no longer democracy but Dictatorship....Take that to the Bank.

1 Like

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Kennydoc(m): 6:15pm On Feb 03, 2020
stevenson007:

Lets start from here...

No okada and keke

But if your choice is to begin robbery (armed & unarmed) bear it in mind that this is the beginning of the end for you?

Imagine that how busstops look like now without the filth of Okada and Keke Napep.

Thats how people complain about Border closure and some wailed to the extent that they wanted to die. But now we are used to it and directly or indirectly, we are ripping the dividends.

Lagosians it only the beginning, we will survive and then from then on better alternatives that people can delve into will be here.

PS: If you tell me that how will they feed their family or people will go into stealing then ask yourselves that what were they doing before they started the okada and keke work or they born them into the world with Keke and Okada

Use your head

The truth is that there are no alternatives in Nigeria. A country with a population of 200m people yet only generates 5k MW of electricity is doomed.
Also, there are no other reliable means of transport. London has a population less than half of Lagos, yet the London tube probably has a higher daily traffic than all Lagos danfo and BRT put together. How can people cope in a mega city without rail service, just how?
Beautifying Lagos isn't as important as making life easier for the people of Lagos.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by faceland: 6:20pm On Feb 03, 2020
You are missing the point, They want those poor families out so they could buy off the lands (with tax money), develop it and have a contemporary city. The only problem is that tenacious once would remain and vehicle number would increase which would lead to more traffic jam. I would suggest you hold on, the value of your property would increase. This is real estate goldmine (we are talking 5 to 10 year only).

wunmi590:

Honestly, this policy is actually making me to reconsider Lagos as a permanent home.

This is too harsh, this has rendered many families jobless.

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by faceland: 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2020
sylve11:

The truth is, those in power have not been touched by the angry masses.

Soon, they will know. An hungry man is a beast waiting to unleash mayhem on its prey. cool

An hungry man should remember he is not bulletproof. Even those Buses are next (until every transport agency works for the government/Tinubu).
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by lilyheaven: 6:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
Other states should follow suit
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by NEROSKY(m): 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
stevenson007:

Lets start from here...

No okada and keke

Use your head

Rubbish!!, country that have people with sense, creates new capital when the current is too crowded. Use Egypt as a case study.. Lets be going backwards everday you hear.

God just help me take out my family in this shithole b4 2021, AMEN!!!

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
Tstark:

The question is , must everybody live in Lagos?What happened to the rest of the country? What with this idea of everyone moving to one state and making a livelihood there? The country as a whole is overpopulated and nobody seems to want to address this , instead the just keep making babies. The okada ban is a step in the right direction, people should find other places (states) to raise their families, not everyone can afford to live in Lagos

With this your response, I don't think I can further engage you on this.

Do have a Good Evening..
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
DownChelsea:
Lagos is not on the level of Dubai. But if Lagos must get to that level. What Sanwo Olu has done, is obviously the starting point.

Although, the govt must swiftly respond to the challenges this “positive policy” will cause

Now that is where the issue is.

The populace do not have an issue with the ban. Our issue is with the clear short sightedness of the government.

A better government would have foreseen these obvious challenges and come up with palliative measures to mitigate the foreseen challenges before enacting the policy.

This just summarises the difference between us and those in the other side of the world.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by DownChelsea(f): 6:54pm On Feb 03, 2020
Neddstark:

I have condoms to sell to your mother so she doesn't make a mistake again
and your mother didn’t patronize you? Wonderful!

1 Like

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by princeadeku(m): 7:01pm On Feb 03, 2020
ajokeade920:
Lagos na wa.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by fynn12(f): 7:15pm On Feb 03, 2020
oloriooko:
So so sad to see such sudden change which Sanwo could not say during his campaign days, ironically he got so many votes from these people he sacked without providing immediate solution to mitigate the hardship this policy brought.

He has already nailed the coffin of APC in that state
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by DownChelsea(f): 7:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
If the government follows up this wonderful policy properly, everybody will have the governor to thank in less than a year, due to how sane, lawful, peaceful Lagos would be.

But for now, the price for a wonderful Lagos MUST BE PAYED by all.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by UnusualJhay(m): 7:32pm On Feb 03, 2020
Who knows if Governor UDOM will soon ban keke and bikes in Uyo, better be prepared! !

Why not call 08126823941 for your affordable body sprays and deodorants, to put off offensive odours after trekking

UYO ONLY cheesy cheesy wink
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by princeadeku(m): 7:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
It is well
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by blessingsonflee(f): 8:09pm On Feb 03, 2020
Me I go match any police man leg wey try to stop me with my Okada . Very stewpid people . angry
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by BreconHills(m): 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2020
olisaemeka1:
My brother Democracy is Govt of the people , for the people , and by the people. ...When the opinions Of the PEOPLE is discarded in serious issues like this , then its no longer democracy but Dictatorship....Take that to the Bank.

When the people voted, they gave the government a mandate to manage their affairs on their behalf. At the end of four years, the people can choose to rescind or renew the mandate. Democracy is not exercised on an issue by issue case, it is exercised periodically at elections. If the electorate wants it can file an order for recall with INEC, if it gets the requisite votes, it can recall the entire legislature. It can also stage protests and peaceful demonstrations but it cannot be an alternative government that runs the government side by side with the government it freely elected.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by richPHAROAH: 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2020
this is time to get free pussy o. i will give lift to only sexy big yanshes grin cheesy
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by BreconHills(m): 8:25pm On Feb 03, 2020
Righteousness89:

Is that you run your Business? Let's be Reasonable..

My statement was intended for those who understand the issues confronting the SW and the way the Lagos state government has managed the matter. If you have to ask the question you just asked, then my contribution is not meant for you. You can walk on by.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.