Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,914 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban (65904 Views)

Lagos To Roll Out 500 Last-mile Buses As Alternatives To Okada / Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats / Man Killed By Okada In Anambra Few Days To Okada Ban - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Righteousness89(m): 8:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
[s]
BreconHills:

My statement was intended for those who understand the issues confronting the SW and the way the Lagos state government has managed the matter. If you have to ask the question you just asked, then my contribution is not meant for you. You can walk on by.
[/s]

You need help bro..
I would not reply if you didn't quote me
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by BreconHills(m): 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
Righteousness89:

You need help bro..
I would not reply if you didn't quote me

When I reply people, I dont do it for their sake but to lay the issues before people who will read these stories months and years to come. Not everyone is worthy of an answer but it is irresponsible to let people without argument or logic create history.

1 Like

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by joyfullyjoyous(f): 8:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
And quite unfortunately molues don't exist anymore.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Brightgem(f): 9:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
stevenson007:
Seriously a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step....

Lets start from here...

No okada and keke

People will look for sane alternatives themselves (Man must survive)..

But if your choice is to begin robbery (armed & unarmed) bear it in mind that this is the beginning of the end for you?

I have a feeling something good will emanate from this.....

Lagos will be great again..

Imagine that how busstops look like now without the filth of Okada and Keke Napep.

Thats how people complain about Border closure and some wailed to the extent that they wanted to die. But now we are used to it and directly or indirectly, we are ripping the dividends.

Lagosians it only the beginning, we will survive and then from then on better alternatives that people can delve into will be here.

PS: If you tell me that how will they feed their family or people will go into stealing then ask yourselves that what were they doing before they started the okada and keke work or they born them into the world with Keke and Okada

Use your head

Because it's not affecting you directly, people cry from not making ends meet, full grown men. There can't be leadership without empathy and we can't continue to allow leaders who are perpetual liars lead.

Now you made valid points only on the roads looking sane, but you don't take away the livelihood of many so suddenly. You find a way to cushion it.

This isn't about the riders alone but regular everyday people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by bjgurl(f): 9:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
Working after walking
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Legendguru: 10:12pm On Feb 03, 2020
Bad
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by yeldey: 11:16pm On Feb 03, 2020
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Righteousness89(m): 11:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
BreconHills:

When I reply people, I dont do it for their sake but to lay the issues before people who will read these stories months and years to come. Not everyone is worthy of an answer but it is irresponsible to let people without argument or logic create history.

very Great Advice you should imbibe..
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Realfrankie(m): 11:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
Very soon play store go get trekking App for Lagos pipo
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 04, 2020
You all clamored for a change of governance in Lagos.... So y'all should stomach it
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by OnyesomJ(m): 2:44am On Feb 04, 2020
No Amount of wailing will Shake the Governor!
That’s how they Do.
Whether people Dey Struggle to get To Their Work Place, The Govt don’t Care , watin don happened don happened
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 04, 2020
opportunity for transporters in the forum to bring their buses, wagons, mpvs and go into businesd to alleviate sufferings in lagos, dont just sit on your couches gluing your eyes to your phones, engage thechallenge.

suffering too much.

1 Like

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by samuel19222(m): 8:11am On Feb 04, 2020
quentin06:
opportunity for transporters in the forum to bring their buses, wagons, mpvs and go into businesd to alleviate sufferings in lagos, dont just sit on your couches gluing your eyes to your phones, engage thechallenge.

suffering too much.

yeah it’s a big opportunity for the transporter
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by LOGOBELT: 9:13am On Feb 04, 2020
samuel19222:
Police can be seen between the brt lane ready to arrest offenders of the ban
and police dey use okada abi? last last this country na scam

1 Like

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by themaestro08(m): 11:55am On Feb 04, 2020
stevenson007:
Seriously a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step....

Lets start from here...

No okada and keke

People will look for sane alternatives themselves (Man must survive)..

But if your choice is to begin robbery (armed & unarmed) bear it in mind that this is the beginning of the end for you!

I have a feeling something good will emanate from this.....

Lagos will be great again..

Imagine that how busstops look like now without the filth of Okada and Keke Napep.

[/b]Thats how people complain about Border closure and some wailed to the extent that they wanted to die. But now we are used to it and directly or indirectly, we are reaping the dividends.[b]

Lagosians it only the beginning, we will survive and then from then on better alternatives that people can delve into will be here.

[s][/s]PS: If you tell me that how will they feed their family or people will go into stealing then ask yourselves that what were they doing before they started the okada and keke work or they born them into the world with Keke and Okada[s][/s]

Use your head

1.Only the rich have been reaping dividends - owners of mega farms( this policy had massively benefited them. The poor? It has has made life more miserable and difficult. A bag of foreign rice was before 7500 after the good-for-nothing policy it skyrocket to 22000. And to say Nigerians are getting use to this silly policy is quite absurd. As a matter of fact the main reason the government gave for the closure of borders was insecurity and I ask what Impact has the policy made? has it reduce insecurity and crime rate? you know the answer.

Aside from the fact that proper initiatives were not put in place before the ban was imposed the whole process stinks of clumsiness and mediocrity. Imagine a city of more than 12 million people managing a relatively handful of buses and sizeable number of taxis, ridiculous!

In advanced countries most cities are well-oiled with high-end buses and cabs , you also have inner city mono-rails andvtrams. This is how things are done in this day and age.

2. Under the proposed initiatives these keke drivers would have been given more training and later would be employed by the government as cabs and bus drivers or it could be lease to them and it will be theirs pending to when they will complete the payment. No man deserves to be jobless(especially in a shithole like Nigeria).

Use your head.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Smiles000: 2:59pm On Feb 04, 2020
To ban both Okada and Keke at same time...not going to be easy at all. must say that even though they cause havoc, they are also of great help. it's well; even inside the well undecided
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by BlackBigBlog: 3:59pm On Feb 04, 2020
Na only Songs of sorrow we go dey hear for naija !!!
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 05, 2020
doubleportion:

grin and e no dey chop fuel!
Lol but can one use horse on Lagos road? Do u need a special permit
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by oloriooko(m): 3:17pm On Feb 09, 2020
Says who? These same eediots will be the ones in the front of the campaign train screaming APC grin
Suffering and smiling mumus

fynn12:

He has already nailed the coffin of APC in that state
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Meerahbel: 9:39am On Sep 14, 2023
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.