Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Talk To A Veterinarian - Pets (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Talk To A Veterinarian (66821 Views)

Chat With A Veterinarian For FREE!!! / Consult A Veterinarian / Rights Of Pet Owners From A Veterinarian During Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by meks007(m): 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2021
seunH:
Good morning sir, it is not advisable to tie the legs of your pregnant bitch, rather you should give her good and nourishing food with supplements like folic acid and iron supplements. Tying your dog may induce stress in your dog which may even cause the miscarriage and a host of other conditions. I hope it helps

Very helpful. Thanks
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Lanretoye(m): 8:44am On Jul 07, 2021
seunH:
Good morning sir, it is not advisable to tie the legs of your pregnant bitch, rather you should give her good and nourishing food with supplements like folic acid and iron supplements. Tying your dog may induce stress in your dog which may even cause the miscarriage and a host of other conditions. I hope it helps
good morning bro,pls i need help with this sore on my dogs both ears.it started as a minor wound then i felt was a result of the dogs aggressiveness but its now getting bigger over time and almost eating off half the ears.what can i do as there is no access to a clinic around.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:27am On Jul 07, 2021
Lanretoye:
good morning bro,pls i need help with this sore on my dogs both ears.it started as a minor wound then i felt was a result of the dogs aggressiveness but its now getting bigger over time and almost eating off half the ears.what can i do as there is no access to a clinic around.
Good morning sir, I'm so sorry about your dog's condition. First of all, you'll have to find out the cause of the sore, is it an infection or ectoparasitic infestation?, so that you'll deal with the root cause. But for the meantime, you'll have to clean the area with a mild antiseptic and methylated spirit and then apply Gentian Violet (GV) over the area. You can get broad spectrum antibiotics which I'll prescribe for you and administer multivitamins especially Vitamin C and Bcomplex. I hope this helps, please update us an any development
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by taiwofawole: 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2021
Good morning sir , please I notice some red like stuff on my GSD pup stool , looks like blood tho but she is still eating well , very hyper active and looks normal , I noticed the blood this morning tho , why do you think ? Do you think it could be parvo ?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2021
taiwofawole:
Good morning sir , please I notice some red like stuff on my GSD pup stool , looks like blood tho but she is still eating well , very hyper active and looks normal , I noticed the blood this morning tho , why do you think ? Do you think it could be parvo ?

PS - I would take down this picture After Mr SeunH see it
Good afternoon sir, I would want us handle this case with the mind of ruling out all possibilities. I would prescribe a general antibiotics for you with multivitamins, meanwhile get this drug Novax® on standby. I will be on standby too.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by taiwofawole: 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2021
seunH:
Good afternoon sir, I would want us handle this case with the mind of ruling out all possibilities. I would prescribe a general antibiotics for you with multivitamins, meanwhile get this drug Novax® on standby. I will be on standby.

Thanks a lot doc , can you drop me the drugs name via email phawolet@gmail.com
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:14pm On Jul 07, 2021
taiwofawole:

Thanks a lot doc , can you drop me the drugs name via email phawolet@gmail.com
Alright sir, I'll send you an email now.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by nolywe(m): 1:44am On Jul 08, 2021
Plz help...just bought a caucasian puppy...and I cant find a puppy's milk...what other alternative milk should I buy??..Thanks
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2021
nolywe:
Plz help...just bought a caucasian puppy...and I cant find a puppy's milk...what other alternative milk should I buy??..Thanks
Good afternoon and sorry for the delay. Pup milk is be best because it has been constituted with the essential nutrients your pups needs. But based on your perculiar situation, you would have to make use of home made milk replacers using evaporated milk. You can add raw egg to it and yogurt if available. But should be for the meantime pending when you get pup milk from the Vet shop. It hope this helps
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by nolywe(m): 7:12pm On Jul 08, 2021
seunH:
Good afternoon and sorry for the delay. Pup milk is be best because it has been constituted with the essential nutrients your pups needs. But based on your perculiar situation, you would have to make use of home made milk replacers using evaporated milk. You can add raw egg to it and yogurt if available. But should be for the meantime pending when you get pup milk from the Vet shop. It hope this helps
Thanks but I finally bought a puppy's milk...I like your Idea too
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by faheem0frank: 8:08am On Jul 10, 2021
okay
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by 4lashy(m): 11:07am On Jul 11, 2021
Doc. Seun, I need your advice on what to do with my female Boerboel that just littered today on 50th day of her pregnancy. 4 puppies are dead already out of a total of 12. What can I do to sustain the lives of the remaining puppies?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:19am On Jul 11, 2021
4lashy:
Doc. Seun, I need your advice on what to do with my female Boerboel that just littered today on 50th day of her pregnancy. 4 puppies are dead already out of a total of 12. What can I do to sustain the lives of the remaining puppies?
Good morning sir and I'm so sorry for your loss. Firstly sir, we have to know what was responsible for their death so as to prevent future occurrence and save the lives of the remaining pups. Meanwhile, I'll advice you to place them on breast milk and if not possible milk replacers. Then next is it the ensure you keep your pups warm and away from the harsh weather. You can also supplement with multivitamins constituted specifically for pups. Try the above and God willing the rest would be fine. Incase of any emergency, you can send me a mail. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Stan2330(m): 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2021
seunH:
Good morning sir, I'm so sorry about your dog's condition. First of all, you'll have to find out the cause of the sore, is it an infection or ectoparasitic infestation?, so that you'll deal with the root cause. But for the meantime, you'll have to clean the area with a mild antiseptic and methylated spirit and then apply Gentian Violet (GV) over the area. You can get broad spectrum antibiotics which I'll prescribe for you and administer multivitamins especially Vitamin C and Bcomplex. I hope this helps, please update us an any development

How will u administer the antibiotics?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2021
Stan2330:

How will u administer the antibiotics?
If it is syrup, that one is straight forward. For tablet, you'll have to dissolve it in water and administer orally, sometimes with a syringe barrel, if I got your question right. But it f it's for dosage, it depends on the type, strength and brand of antibiotics you bought. I hope that helps?

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Stan2330(m): 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2021
seunH:
If it is syrup, that one is straight forward. For tablet, you'll have to dissolve it in water and administer orally, sometimes with a syringe barrel, if I got your question right. But it f it's for dosage, it depends on the type, strength and brand of antibiotics you bought. I hope that helps?
Yeah thanks.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by 4lashy(m): 11:35pm On Jul 11, 2021
Thanks a million for your quick response. You're the best.
seunH:
Good morning sir and I'm so sorry for your loss. Firstly sir, we have to know what was responsible for their death so as to prevent future occurrence and save the lives of the remaining pups. Meanwhile, I'll advice you to place them on breast milk and if not possible milk replacers. Then next is it the ensure you keep your pups warm and away from the harsh weather. You can also supplement with multivitamins constituted specifically for pups. Try the above and God willing the rest would be fine. Incase of any emergency, you can send me a mail. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by alekzandr05(m): 11:46am On Jul 14, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
seunH:
HOW TO IDENTIFY QUACK VETERINARY DOCTORS

The veterinary profession is one of the most affected professions in terms of quackery, in that sometimes it is very difficult to identify a genuine vet doctor. You would even see some semi-illiterates and diploma holders parading themselves as veterinarians simply because they have an idea of some animal diseases. It is even more worrisome, the confidence and brazenness some of these quacks exhibit because in their minds, they are usually like "its just an ordinary animal". The only way to avoid falling victims to such unscrupulous people is for pet owners to have the capability to be able to distinguish between quacks and genuine doctors, because it may determine the life or death of your pet. The ways in which you can identify a quack are listed below;

1) Its your right as a pet owner to ask questions about whatever condition your animal is suffering from and get a very detailed answer, if your "vet" cannot answer you or is dodgy about the question. Such individual is likely a quack. (Most quacks may be knowledgeable on how to perform the procedure but don't usually know the principles behind such procedure)

2) Stylishly ask which school he/she graduated from if you are suspicious. Presently, we have only 11 vet schools in Nigeria. They include;
(a)Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
(b) Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta
(c) Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi (4)
(d) Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike
(e) University Of Abuja,Abuja
(f) University Of Ibadan, Ibadan
(g) University Of Ilorin, Ilorin
(h) University Of Maiduguri
(i) University Of Nigeria Nsukka
(j) Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto
(I) University Of Jos
Most people do not know the schools that offer veterinary medicine, hence tend to make a blunder. It is imperative to take note of the above schools, if their school ain't in any of the above for now, he/she is definitely a quack. "Imagine a "vet" claiming he/she graduated from Unilag"

3) Check the persons carriage, spoken english and dressing, although subjective, it can be a give away

4) Check their price range and desperation for money, it could also be a give away. My dear friends, no veterinarian who spent 6yrs in Vet school would collect 300 naira from you for any procedure in your house !!!

5) Lastly, if they are quick to give judgement on your case without careful and proper diagnosis, such individual is likely a quack.

In conclusion, I believe if the above principles are followed you would be saved from quacks and get better quality treatment for your pets.

I like what you are trying to do for the profession. Hope to see you in Edo by October.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2021
alekzandr05:
[color=#006600][/color]

I like what you are trying to do for the profession. Hope to see you in Edo by October.
God willing sir, thanks for the encouragement
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by nolywe(m): 8:15am On Jul 15, 2021
Good morning... My puppy lost her appetite since yesterday...please what could be the problem??
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:44am On Jul 15, 2021
nolywe:
Good morning... My puppy lost her appetite since yesterday...please what could be the problem??
Many things sir, like worm infestation, sign of an ongoing disease condition, change of environment or diet, depression or stress etc. It's until you give me a clear picture of what is going on before I can attempt to make an accurate diagnosis.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by nolywe(m): 10:13am On Jul 15, 2021
seunH:
Many things sir, like worm infestation, sign of an ongoing disease condition, change of environment or diet, depression or stress etc. It's until you give me a clear picture of what is going on before I can attempt to make an accurate diagnosis.
well I don't think its change of environment nor is it depression or stress...She hasnt changed environment...she plays fine and sleeps well...Im suspecting changebof diet...yesterday...I bought okpa to eat...to my amazement...she ate alot and I also bought bone marrow and I mixed it indomie...she has refused to eat much since then...I've tried every normal food she was eating b4...all to no avail
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:14am On Jul 15, 2021
nolywe:
well I don't think its change of environment nor is it depression or stress...She hasnt changed environment...she plays fine and sleeps well...Im suspecting changebof diet...yesterday...I bought okpa to eat...to my amazement...she ate alot and I also bought bone marrow and I mixed it indomie...she has refused to eat much since then...I've tried every normal food she was eating b4...all to no avail
No problem sir, I'll prescribe some multivitamins for you. Get Vitamin C and B complex and administer once a day or you can get a multivitamin syrup from the market with bias towards Vit C and B complex. Give her fruits also especially carrots and for now give her the only food she can take, till her appetite resumes. Let follow the above method and let's be observant, I'll be on standby Incase you notice anything strange.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by nolywe(m): 12:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
seunH:
No problem sir, I'll prescribe some multivitamins for you. Get Vitamin C and B complex and administer once a day or you can get a multivitamin syrup from the market with bias towards Vit C and B complex. Give her fruits also especially carrots and for now give her the only food she can take, till her appetite resumes. Let follow the above method and let's be observant, I'll be on standby Incase you notice anything strange.
ok sir..but please is it same multivitamins we do human do take and whats the dosage??..Thanks
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 1:22pm On Jul 15, 2021
nolywe:
ok sir..but please is it same multivitamins we do human do take and whats the dosage??..Thanks
It's better you use the one formulate for pets, but in case you don't find you can use human formulation. One tablet especially the white per day same for Bcomplex
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by nolywe(m): 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2021
seunH:
It's better you use the one formulate for pets, but in case you don't find you can use human formulation. One tablet especially the white per day same for Bcomplex
Thank you sir
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by nolywe(m): 5:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
nolywe:
Thank you sir
Good evening sir...I bought liver this afternoon for my puppy..after preparing it...she happily ate it well but later vomitted everything...what could be wrong??
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 5:38pm On Jul 15, 2021
nolywe:
Good evening sir...I bought liver this afternoon for my puppy..after preparing it...she happily ate it well but later vomitted everything...what could be wrong??
I'm suspecting the liver didn't go down well with her system, perhaps she is not used to it or allergic to the liver. Or sign of an ongoing disease condition.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by nolywe(m): 5:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
seunH:
I'm suspecting the liver didn't go down well with her system, perhaps she is not used to it or allergic to the liver. Or sign of an ongoing disease condition.
ongoing disease condition like what sir??
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
nolywe:
ongoing disease condition like what sir??
Many diseases like worm infestation, parvo etc
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by nolywe(m): 8:28pm On Jul 15, 2021
seunH:
Many diseases like worm infestation, parvo etc
please don't say parvo...I don't wish that for her...she doesn't want to eat puppy's can food...unlike b4
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:28pm On Jul 15, 2021
nolywe:
please don't say parvo...I don't wish that for her...she doesn't want to eat puppy's can food...unlike b4
Don't worry sir, put your mind at rest and give the multivitamins I prescribed for you, then let's watch. Don't worry, all will be well

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (52) (Reply)

Python Almost Strangled Indian Man To Death While Taking Selfie With It (Photos) / Indian Man Spent 72 Hours With 72 Venomous Snakes To Prove A Point / Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.