Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,456 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Talk To A Veterinarian - Pets (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Talk To A Veterinarian (66934 Views)

Chat With A Veterinarian For FREE!!! / Consult A Veterinarian / Rights Of Pet Owners From A Veterinarian During Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Frenzy01(m): 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2022
seunH:
Hi guys, this thread was created to answer any question relating to your animal health, be it pet or livestock and also enlighten the public about the veterinary profession generally especially for those seeking a career in the veterinary profession. Please feel free to send your questions and hopefully you will get your answers asap. Occasionally we would invite senior consultants to shed light on knotty issues. Thank you

I have a 3 months old female BB that got infected with Parvo. Now that the Parvo is gone which is over 1month now.. She hasn't been feeding well and now she's sooo skinny.
She poops as she's eating. Sometimes, 5 times daily. Watery smelly poops. I've dewormed severally and used Flagyl all to no avail. Pls hat can be done
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by nolywe(m): 6:03pm On Jan 13, 2022
seunH:
Good evening sir, put your mind at rest sir. Get her Vitamin C supplement and then try fried meat, fish or chicken that is well garnished with nice aroma. Let's try that for the meantime, that should stimulate her appetite, God willing. Please inform me if there is no improvement, I'll be on standby
Sir...she is very hungry but doesnt want to eat anything.. She only perceives and leave any meal given to her...plz help
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 6:43pm On Jan 13, 2022
nolywe:

Sir...she is very hungry but doesnt want to eat anything.. She only perceives and leave any meal given to her...plz help
Vet clinic straight up, let them conduct tests and commence treatment. Meanwhile keep her hydrated with glucose and ORS
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2022
Frenzy01:

I have a 3 months old female BB that got infected with Parvo. Now that the Parvo is gone which is over 1month now.. She hasn't been feeding well and now she's sooo skinny.
She poops as she's eating. Sometimes, 5 times daily. Watery smelly poops. I've dewormed severally and used Flagyl all to no avail. Pls hat can be done
Good evening sir, and I'm so sorry. I'll advice you go back to the clinic where the treatment was administered for check up and test in order to confirm what could be the problem and if truly the parvo is gone completely. For the meantime keep feeding her and keep her hydrated pending your visit back to the clinic. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by nolywe(m): 9:52pm On Jan 13, 2022
seunH:
Vet clinic straight up, let them conduct tests and commence treatment. Meanwhile keep her hydrated with glucose and ORS
Ok sir
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:17am On Jan 16, 2022
nolywe:
Ok sir
Once there, please update me on any development
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by nolywe(m): 2:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
seunH:
Once there, please update me on any development
Ok I had to take her to the vet clinic coz her wee is so reddish as if it is mixed with blood...the doc touched her stomach and said she has infection and it has block the kidney valve that separates blood and urine...he will give her injections for 3 days...Thats my journey so far
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:20pm On Jan 16, 2022
nolywe:

Ok I had to take her to the vet clinic coz her wee is so reddish as if it is mixed with blood...the doc touched her stomach and said she has infection and it has block the kidney valve that separates blood and urine...he will give her injections for 3 days...Thats my journey so far
Excellent sir, did he tell you the name of the infection. Remember it's your right for him to tell you precisely what is wrong, the name. But it's okay, I'll be on standby.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by nolywe(m): 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2022
seunH:
Excellent sir, did he tell you the name of the infection. Remember it's your right for him to tell you precisely what is wrong, the name. But it's okay, I'll be on standby.
No he didn't... He just explained to me what the infection has caused...it blocked a valve in her kidney thus the mixture of blood with her urine..
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by herkeenholar: 4:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
Please boss in the house, i need your advice on how to make a dog deliver safely without having miscarriage although she do stretch in the morning alone and she’s very active
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:51pm On Jan 19, 2022
herkeenholar:
Please boss in the house, i need your advice on how to make a dog deliver safely without having miscarriage although she do stretch in the morning alone and she’s very active
Good evening sir and sorry for the late reply. You don't need to panic, just simply ensure she gets a lot of rest, warmth, exercise and highly nutritious food. You can supplement with bitch pill if you can afford it. And finally, avoid stress on your dog especially this period. I hope this helps
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by herkeenholar: 10:16pm On Jan 19, 2022
Thanks boss can you kindly write me on WhatsApp or can I have your digit instead.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by nolywe(m): 7:06am On Jan 20, 2022
nolywe:

No he didn't... He just explained to me what the infection has caused...it blocked a valve in her kidney thus the mixture of blood with her urine..
Sir on the second day of her treatment...She was bleeding through her nose...when I got to the clinic...I explained everything to the doc...he said it the pressure in her head that made here to release blood from there..he said I should not panic...last night again..he bled from her nose again..hope all is well sir??
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:29am On Jan 20, 2022
herkeenholar:
Thanks boss can you kindly write me on WhatsApp or can I have your digit instead.
DM me
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:30am On Jan 20, 2022
nolywe:

Sir on the second day of her treatment...She was bleeding through her nose...when I got to the clinic...I explained everything to the doc...he said it the pressure in her head that made here to release blood from there..he said I should not panic...last night again..he bled from her nose again..hope all is well sir??
Put your mind at rest sir, but be observant. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by IyareOseiwe: 10:54am On Jan 22, 2022
My dog dey bite me since 3months now
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
seunH:
Put your mind at rest sir, but be observant. I'll be on standby
Hello, please my Boerbel puppy got attacked by my local dog. Got an injury at the inside of her cheek and was bleeding. Bleeding has stopped now but the mouth is all swollen. Is there anything I can do to relieve the pain and can I use human antibiotics for her.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:38pm On Jan 23, 2022
Sureboy2020:

Hello, please my Boerbel puppy got attacked by my local dog. Got an injury at the inside of her cheek and was bleeding. Bleeding has stopped now but the mouth is all swollen. Is there anything I can do to relieve the pain and can I use human antibiotics for her.
Good evening sir, before an antibiotic, you'll need to administer an anti-inflammatory analgesic then a broad spectrum antibiotics in order to prevent infection and vitamin C for wound healing. Send me a message, I'll DM the prescription to you.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 23, 2022
seunH:
Good evening sir, before an antibiotic, you'll need to administer an anti-inflammatory analgesic then a broad spectrum antibiotics in order to prevent infection and vitamin C for wound healing. Send me a message, I'll DM the prescription to you.
Please sir, can you post the prescriptions here just for 20 minutes and edit it after. I'll take a screenshot immediately you post it.

I don't have access to the email used to register my nairaland anymore.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:47pm On Jan 23, 2022
Sureboy2020:

Please sir, can you post the prescriptions here just for 20 minutes and edit it after. I'll take a screenshot immediately you post it.

D
Sureboy2020:

My chief you want me to lose my license !!! Alright not to worry, post your number here for 5 mins, I'll message you on WhatsApp, I think that is better??
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 23, 2022
seunH:
D My chief you want me to lose my license !!! Alright not to worry, post your number here for 5 mins, I'll message you on WhatsApp, I think that is better??
Oh okay. Thank you sir.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
Sureboy2020:

Oh okay. Thank you sir.
You can delete, I've sent it
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by 147hamzat(m): 7:44am On Jan 24, 2022
Good morning Dr seun, pls I need your urgent advice I don't have ur contact I could have preferred to seek for opinion on phone, anyway my female Lhasa that I just mated started stooling this morning and I mated her 3 weeks ago is there anything that I can do to stop her? I discovered she reacted to the food I fed her, pls what can I do?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:17am On Jan 24, 2022
147hamzat:
Good morning Dr seun, pls I need your urgent advice I don't have ur contact I could have preferred to seek for opinion on phone, anyway my female Lhasa that I just mated started stooling this morning and I mated her 3 weeks ago is there anything that I can do to stop her? I discovered she reacted to the food I fed her, pls what can I do?
Good morning sir, please what is the nature of her stool and which other symptoms are you seeing. If possible snap it and paste here, I'll be on standby. I'm sorry once more
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by 147hamzat(m): 7:14pm On Jan 24, 2022
Thank you sir, I contacted a friend vet doctor he told me to give the dog more of fiber food and chicken or crunchies to God be the glory she's back to normal and she stopped stooling since morning, pls kindly dm me ur contact hamzatadedeji@yahoo.com thanks.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by akins33: 11:05am On Jan 25, 2022
Hello Dr,

I have 2 female Rottweilers,due to their stress,i sold one about a week ago,since then..the other has withdrawn,hardly requests for food and alwys lookin very sad.it is not pregnant. what can i do?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 2:11pm On Jan 25, 2022
akins33:
Hello Dr,

I have 2 female Rottweilers,due to their stress,i sold one about a week ago,since then..the other has withdrawn,hardly requests for food and alwys lookin very sad.it is not pregnant. what can i do?
Lolzzzzz, the reason is obvious. Simply take her out and give her her favorite food. You can administer Vit C too inorder to boost her appetite.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by 4lashy(m): 9:47pm On Jan 25, 2022
Good evening Dr. Seun, please what can be done to help my 3 months old puppy? I returned from a journey to find him dragging one of his hind limbs when walking. After my enquiry, my younger brother told me that a vet he called gave injection in the leg and since then, my dog has been dragging that limb. Please, your advice is needed urgently.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 1:56am On Jan 26, 2022
4lashy:
Good evening Dr. Seun, please what can be done to help my 3 months old puppy? I returned from a journey to find him dragging one of his hind limbs when walking. After my enquiry, my younger brother told me that a vet he called gave injection in the leg and since then, my dog has been dragging that limb. Please, your advice is needed urgently.
Good evening sir, I'm sorry for the late response. You have nothing to fear provided there was no nerve damage. I'll prescribe some medication that will relieve the pain, and if present reduce the swelling and also some multivitamins via DM. I'm so sorry once more.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by 4lashy(m): 3:20pm On Jan 26, 2022
Dr. Seun, I'm still waiting for your reply please. Here's my WhatsApp number 08068728020.
seunH:
Good evening sir, I'm sorry for the late response. You have nothing to fear provided there was no nerve damage. I'll prescribe some medication that will relieve the pain, and if present reduce the swelling and also some multivitamins via DM. I'm so sorry once more.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 26, 2022
Good afternoon sir.. I’m anticipating getting a Lhasa puppy.. what should I be looking forward too and how do I confirm how pure it is
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 4:37pm On Jan 26, 2022
4lashy:
Dr. Seun, I'm still waiting for your reply please. Here's my WhatsApp number 08068728020.
I've responded chief, check your WhatsApp

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (52) (Reply)

Indian Man Spent 72 Hours With 72 Venomous Snakes To Prove A Point / Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying / Obituary Poster Of A Dog That Died In Ghana (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.