Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (617523 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lafuria1(m): 9:49pm On Aug 01, 2020
Olalekank:
Recommended stocks to invest in for the week?

I'm only recommending because the stocks will releasing their earnings report this week, check the poster above for exact date (see the attached picture)

Fastly, chegg, Inphi, Datadog, cloudflare, and Livongo
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lastclaire4(f): 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2020
lastclaire4:
Please nairalanders, I need your help. Is it possible to transfer naira to a dom account through google pay? I.e you convert using google pay and then transfer to the dom account?

Please can someone help me with this answer? Thanks as always.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Olalekank(m): 9:57pm On Aug 01, 2020
lafuria1:

I'm only recommending because the stocks will releasing their earnings report this week, check the poster above for exact date (see the attached picture)

Fastly, chegg, Inphi, Datadog, cloudflare, and Livongo
Thanks!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Justcul(m): 11:35pm On Aug 01, 2020
lastclaire4:

Please can someone help me with this answer? Thanks as always.

You want to cheat the system abi? Why not fund your domiciliary account from aboki first then transfer In that way, you can receive back same way..

Everywhere we must show ourselves.

Best of luck

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lastclaire4(f): 9:33am On Aug 02, 2020
Justcul:

You want to cheat the system abi? Why not fund your domiciliary account from aboki first then transfer In that way, you can receive back same way..

Everywhere we must show ourselves.

Best of luck

I dont think you understand the meaning of cheat. Is it possible or it is not possible was what i asked. If you have enough funds to throw away through black market not all everyone is blessed.

Calling me a cheat shows you are not a finance person and if you are, and you talk like this, then I will refer you to read up on arbitrage even if I am dealing with two currencies.

Dont try calling me a thief or anything that sounds like that. If you cannot advise please I beg you in the name of everything held sacred just scroll past it.

9 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 10:58am On Aug 02, 2020
lastclaire4:

I dont think you understand the meaning of cheat. Is it possible or it is not possible was what i asked. If you have a enough funds to throw away through black market not all everyone is blessed.

Calling me a cheat shows you are not a finance person and if you are, and you talk like this, then I will refer you to read up on arbitrage even if I am dealing with two currencies.

Dont try try calling me a thief or anything that sounds like that. If you cannot advise please I beg you in the name of everything held sacred just scroll past it.

Sister relax.

lastclaire4:
Please nairalanders, I need your help. Is it possible to transfer naira to a dom account through google pay? I.e you convert using google pay and then transfer to the dom account?

It's not practicable to translate NGN to any other currency within Nigeria using whatever app. (Google pay, Apple pay etc).

You can however use those apple to pay for foreign services using your NGN and your bank will charge you appropriately @ their rates.

There are only two ways of funding your DOM account:

1. Buy FX from parallel market and deposit the cash.
2. Source FX from other DOM owners within your bank and get it transfer to your account @ whatever rates you both agreed.

Since I want my broker to return my investment in USD, I am sourcing my FX at current black market/parallel market rates. I did today @475/$.

If you fund Trading212 with Google pay using your NGN ATM card, you will be billed at your bank rates and will also receive NGN back into your card.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lastclaire4(f): 11:14am On Aug 02, 2020
InaNla:

Sister relax.

It's not practicable to translate NGN to any other currency within Nigeria using whatever app. (Google pay, Apple pay etc).

You can however use those apple to pay for foreign services using your NGN and your bank will charge you appropriately @ their rates.

There are only two ways of funding your DOM account:

1. Buy FX from parallel market and deposit the cash.
2. Source FX from other DOM owners within your bank and get it transfer to your account @ whatever rates you both agreed.

Since I want my broker to return my investment in USD, I am sourcing my FX at current black market/parallel market rates. I did today @475/$.

If you fund Trading212 with Google pay using your NGN ATM card, you will be billed at your bank rates and will also receive NGN back into your card.

Hope this helps.

Lol I have relaxed. Thanks for your detailed explanation. Th problem is I am concerned cos it means the gains will be eroded at the time i am converting. My bank will bill me somewhere close to 475 and credit me with 390 (interbank rate) it means more than 20% gone. If you fund through google pay, can you opt for funds withdrawal into dom account?. Thanks in anticipation.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 11:54am On Aug 02, 2020
lastclaire4:

Lol I have relaxed. Thanks for your detailed explanation. Th problem is I am concerned cos it means the gains will be eroded at the time i am converting. My bank will bill me somewhere close to 475 and credit me with 390 (interbank rate) it means more than 20% gone. If you fund through google pay, can you opt for funds withdrawal into dom account?. Thanks in anticipation.

Some banks bill lower than 400/$. FBN billed me 400.02/$.

No bank will bill you at parallel market rates of 475.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2020
InaNla:

Cc lastclaire4 after looking at it I concluded that you really can't win with these apps. Once you think that you have found the right app for you, that is when you will notice one coma. The only way it seems that you can win is if you let the money stay in your account for long enough that the naira depreciates further against the dollar, so that you can reap the benefits.
InvestBamboo will let you deposit at 479 but you can withdraw at 469. I haven't had any need to withdraw for a while so, I don't think it may affect me for now.
The pros in investing have taught that the first step before investing is to set aside an emergency fund. Because most people will want to invest their last kobo but instead end up eating the gain due to premature withdrawal of the investment for emergencies.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lastclaire4(f): 2:27pm On Aug 02, 2020
OvaSabi1:

Cc lastclaire4 after looking at it I concluded that you really can't win with these apps. Once you think that you have found the right app for you, that is when you will notice one coma. The only way it seems that you can win is if you let the money stay in your account for long enough that the naira depreciates further against the dollar, so that you can reap the benefits.
InvestBamboo will let you deposit at 479 but you can withdraw at 469. I haven't had any need to withdraw for a while so, I don't think it may affect me for now.
The pros in investing have taught that the first step before investing is to set aside an emergency fund. Because most people will want to invest their last kobo but instead end up eating the gain due to premature withdrawal of the investment for emergencies.

Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lastclaire4(f): 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2020
InaNla:

Thanks darl.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 6:36am On Aug 03, 2020
I am wondering if someone here knows any NYSE/NASDAQ etf that deals with franchises, especially international franchises. 7 eleven just acquired a big fuel station. Also, if you're into the Japanese market, you can have a look.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Arizona042: 8:41am On Aug 03, 2020
lastclaire4:

I dont think you understand the meaning of cheat. Is it possible or it is not possible was what i asked. If you have a enough funds to throw away through black market not all everyone is blessed.

Dont try calling me a thief or anything that sounds like that. If you cannot advise please I beg you in the name of everything held sacred just scroll past it.

Oga you are a fucking cheat. U want to start using the platform for roundtripping. This is one of the reasons reputable brokers exclude Nigerians. I will personally contact the platform to have you banned. Idiot.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lastclaire4(f): 9:35am On Aug 03, 2020
Arizona042:

Oga you are a fucking cheat. U want to start using the platform for roundtripping. This is one of the reasons reputable brokers exclude Nigerians. I will personally contact the platform to have you banned. Idiot.

You are as senseless as your post. One would expect that If you dont have sense in your head u should at least one in your stomach. It seems to me it is completely absent.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 11:24am On Aug 03, 2020
Please @lastclaire4 & @Arizona042, calm down.
This is nothing to insult each about.
Honestly speaking, there’s no harm in funding for example $100 using your USD domiciliary account (which maybe you bought at 470 rate), funding $1000 with your naira cards at (400 rate) but decide to withdraw the whole money back to your USD acc.

Everyone wants to gain.
It’s better to get your money back in USD (can sell in black market for higher profit), than get your money back in bank rate exclusive of charges that comes with it.
It’s all about business.

After all Nigeria banks will ask you to fund your domiciliary account with BDC rate & they will sell that same money you deposited to others, at their own rate make profit.

So there’s nothing to fight about.
Trading212 doesn’t mind sending the money to your USD acc as long as you funded from their previously.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 11:28am On Aug 03, 2020
Correct @bolded but most will bill you something close enough + their charges.

Likes of FidelityBank, Union, UBA, Accessbank, WEMA will bill craze commot your body. You will be billed at nothing less than 435, you can ask around. Infact 456 this morning with Accessbank.

It’s only Ecobank, firstbank, gtb & ZenithBank that are still being considerate with 391, 400 range.
So I get the point she’s making.
When you withdraw back to the account, they charge you way less than what you made. FidelityBank dealt with me last week. I almost ran mad.
InaNla:

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lastclaire4(f): 12:12pm On Aug 03, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Please @lastclaire4 & @Arizona042, calm down.
This is nothing to insult each about.
Honestly speaking, there’s no harm in funding for example $100 using your USD domiciliary account (which maybe you bought at 470 rate), funding $1000 with your naira cards at (400 rate) but decide to withdraw the whole money back to your USD acc.

Everyone wants to gain.
It’s better to get your money back in USD (can sell in black market for higher profit), than get your money back in bank rate exclusive of charges that comes with it.
It’s all about business.

After all Nigeria banks will ask you to fund your domiciliary account with BDC rate & they will sell that same money you deposited to others, at their own rate make profit.

So there’s nothing to fight about.
Trading212 doesn’t mind sending the money to your USD acc as long as you funded from their previously.

I am very sorry for putting you through this. I can stand anything but name calling, It punctures the ear like a pin. I am very sorry once again I was just being a lady and thanks for dousing the tension with your explanations.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2020
Happy new week to the bosses in the house.

Since I started following recommendations here... I am better off...

Now waiting the direction for today.... wink

God bless...
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2020
The use of foul language should be discouraged in this forum. Folks can constructively engage, advise, criticize and/or correct each other without resorting to derogatory remarks. I have personally found this forum to be very useful and we should do all we can to maintain the conviviality, as we continue the quest to make money in the US markets.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 12:25pm On Aug 03, 2020
No offence at all, we will all reach our goals.
It will end in praises smiley
lastclaire4:

I am very sorry for putting you through this. I can stand anything but name calling, It punctures the ear like a pin. I am very sorry once again I was just being a lady and thanks for dousing the tension with your explanations.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 12:58pm On Aug 03, 2020
OakPearl:

I think what happens to you based on your description is technically termed a "shake-out".

If it's a day or swing trade, the lower your stop loss, the better. So a 10% stop loss is advisable.

But if you invested based on fundamentals for mid to long term, you have to sit still in the storm, it normally fades away.

As for me, I cut my losses immediately I smell another opportunity too good to pass on. At that point, I offload and pull the trigger. So I have no specific stop loss. But for a swing trade, 10-15% max.

I want to ask the opposite of the below question:

Alexandre7:

At what point do you usually cut your loss

@15%, @20%, @25% OR @30%

Sometimes I feel like I cut my losses too early & then watch from the sidelines while the stock price skyrockets.

At what point do you usually take your profit rather than wait to see the continuous fluctuations?

i.e. when to sell and take profit with hope of re-entering when deep.... where still possible?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2020
I will be looking out this week for the Bull's eye in $ZVO, $PFE, $ONTX, $KTOV, $FRSX, $SPCE, $BNGO and Microsoft ($MSFT) due to its ongoing talks to buy the popular App, TikTok.

Nokia ($NOK) is an interesting 5G play with relatively cheap price ($4.78). $NOK's very good 2Q2020 earnings report beat estimates and it's price chart has technically formed a 'golden cross' with sustained large volumes over the last few days of trading, indicating a breakout and likely upcoming bull run. Mid to long term here.
As Always, DD is required before investing in any stock.

Bonne chance!!!

Olalekank:
Recommended stocks to invest in for the week?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:33pm On Aug 03, 2020
Arizona042:

lastclaire4:

You are as senseless as your post. One would expect that If you dont have sense in your head u should at least one in your stomach. It seems to me it is completely absent.

We will not keep quiet and watch this.
Make legitimate money from the system like every other genuine investor that's all.
If the law doesn't interpret a process as illegal, why the name calling?
Provocative name calling, insult and derogatory remarks on fellow forum members is not our culture here.

Please put an end to these exchanges, it is alien to us.
Neither Warren Buffet nor Bill Gates, neither Elon Musk nor Jeff Bezos, neither Dangote, nor Otedola have time for this.
The only welcome exchanges are knowledge, wealth creation and edifying language.
Happy new month everyone and more greens to your portfolios.

11 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:35pm On Aug 03, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
The use of foul language should be discouraged in this forum. Folks can constructively engage, advise, criticize and/or correct each other without resorting to derogatory remarks. I have personally found this forum to be very useful and we should do all we can to maintain the conviviality, as we continue the quest to make money in the US markets.

Endorsed!

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 1:37pm On Aug 03, 2020
All have spoken well.

Concerned parties, please take note...

One love. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:37pm On Aug 03, 2020
Jayjaycee18:

We are glad to hear.
And you have been a very resourceful addition to this forum.
Keep up the good work bro.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2020
InaNla:
Happy new week to the bosses in the house.

Since I started following recommendations here... I am better off...

Now waiting the direction for today.... wink

God bless...

Very gratifying to hear.
We just want you to keep winning.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 1:45pm On Aug 03, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
I will be looking out this week for the Bull's eye in $ZVO, $PFE, $ONTX, $KTOV, $FRSX, $SPCE, $BNGO and Microsoft ($MSFT) due to its ongoing talks to buy the popular App, TikTok.

Nokia ($NOK) is an interesting 5G play with relatively cheap price ($4.78). $NOK's very good 2Q2020 earnings report beat estimates and it's price chart has technically formed a 'golden cross' with sustained large volumes over the last few days of trading, indicating a breakout and likely upcoming bull run. Mid to long term here.
As Always, DD is required before investing in any stock.

Bonne chance!!!

Facebook also planned to launch Reel, a tik tok competitor this month. Just to notify everyone thinking of selling their Facebook stock for Microsoft. If you're patient enough you can wait or load up on ETFs that are FAAMG heavy if you prefer to play safe.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 1:46pm On Aug 03, 2020
OakPearl:

Very gratifying to hear.
We just want you to keep winning.

I am glad to be here... am actually glued everyday to this thread.... Lol.

God bless all the contributors...

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 1:47pm On Aug 03, 2020
OvaSabi1:

Facebook also planned to launch Reel, a tik tok competitor this month. Just to notify everyone thinking of selling their Facebook stock for Microsoft. If you're patient enough you can wait or load up on ETFs that are FAAMG heavy if you prefer to play safe.

Great information.

I have never played ETFs...

Hope I would understand that one day...
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:01pm On Aug 03, 2020
InaNla:

I want to ask the opposite of the below question:

At what point do you usually take your profit rather than wait to see the continuous fluctuations?

i.e. when to sell and take profit with hope of re-entering when deep.... where still possible?

I begin to feel like exiting after 50% -100% for stocks I bought for very short term. But along the line, they could end up giving me reason to hold longer based on their fundamentals or a very progressive business decision that could bring in more gains.
Its a very delicate play as there is no straight-jacket approach to this if you want to be successful.
Different stocks behave differently in their fluctuation patterns. Some are more defensive in their dips than others.
A lot of times, your personal choice will have to come into play as no one can predict how long a fluctuation occurs.
This is why I leave exit timing to individual investors even if I give entry call/timing.
In the end, as long as money is made, no need regretting exiting too early.
Just keep winning that's all. grin

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 2:02pm On Aug 03, 2020
OakPearl:

I begin to feel like exiting after 50% -100% for stocks I bought for very short term. But along the line, they could end up giving me reason to hold longer based on their fundamentals or a very progressive business decision that could bring in more gains.
Its a very delicate play as there is no straight-jacket approach to this if you want to be successful.
Different stocks behave differently in their fluctuation patterns. Some are more defensive in their dips than others.
A lot of times, your personal choice will have to come into play as no one can predict how long a fluctuation occurs.
This is why I leave exit timing to individual investors even if I give entry call/timing.
In the end, as long as money is made, no need regretting exiting too early.
Just keep winning that's all. grin

Clear answers... Thank you sir.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (432) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.