Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (617361 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by mamcoker: 2:47pm On Aug 04, 2020
codeME:
Hello all the Bosses, please double check Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. (SRNE). It looks good. Sorrento Therapeutics Licenses 30-Minute Spit Test for Covid-19. Since the license, the stock price have been swelling like gaari.

hi man, hope u are still on it. stay put to it
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2020
Vigin Galactic ($SPCE) down over 12% already. It reported a wider-than-expected 2Q2020 net loss of $63 million with no quarterly revenue and also filed to sell 20 million additional shares. Already sold 30% of my shares to buy back on the anticipated steep dip. Still a long term play.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by akinssan(m): 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
Vigin Galactic ($SPCE) down over 12% already. It reported a wider-than-expected 2Q2020 net loss of $63 million with no quarterly revenue and also filed to sell 20 million additional shares. Already sold 30% of my shares to buy back on the anticipated steep dip. Still a long term play.

Whats your floor on SPCE? cool
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 4:15pm On Aug 04, 2020
Is it a good buy for data dog @$92?
OakPearl:

Based on earnings just released and those anticipated this week, the following stocks offer a good proposition for some quick gains.

Chegg
Twilio
Beyond Meat
Nikola
Moderna
Roku
Fastly
Square
Plug
Datadog
A good entry and due diligence advised.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 5:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
I'm looking at price falling to around $18. The new shares will likely be offered at $22.45. Hence, this may trade side ways around the offer price, until positive news is released to boost the price.

For now, I see much better opportunities elsewhere.

akinssan:

Whats your floor on SPCE? cool
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by arduino: 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2020
My people, am currently sitting on 50%+ gain in ELVT. cheesy cheesy
I entered @$1.44 and had held on since then. Now Q2 report will due next tomorrow and I don't know if they would beat estimated revenue and profits. Make I sell or just hold till result show?? angry

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by proprp: 7:03pm On Aug 04, 2020
Hello all,

New user here. Glad to find this forum and kudos to everyone contributing to it.

Silver seems to be rising lately so it is worth doing some research on it.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by codeME: 7:14pm On Aug 04, 2020
mamcoker:

hi man, hope u are still on it. stay put to it

Yes o, my Big Oga.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 7:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
Nice one. I had $ELVT but had to sell it to add more $JMIA. Would buy back if earnings beat estimates.
A good 2Q earnings would set it off on a bulls run, as they already exited the loss-making UK market.

You can wait for earnings and jump out if earnings aren't good and leads to sharp price dip below 10%. I did same for $SPCE today.

arduino:
I entered @$1.44 and had held on since then. Now Q2 report will due next tomorrow and I don't know if they would beat estimated revenue and profits. Make I sell or just hold till result show?? angry

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 7:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
See men booking gains left and right

Am I sure I would not join this train ASAP
As opposed to still watching from the sidelines

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2020
You are very welcome to join the train anytime you are fully psyched up for the roller-coaster US markets, where there are relatively less manipulations and stock prices are impacted by earnings and either positive or negative news.

For instance, between yesterday and today (2 trading days), the online education play, $ZVO has already returned 61% to my portfolio. This could easily drop 60% in the next trading day, if earnings fail to beat estimates. So, one doesn't have to be greedy and should pull the trigger once investment objectives and targets are met.

DexterousOne:

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Olalekank(m): 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
You are very welcome to join the train anytime you are fully psyched up for the roller-coaster US markets, where there are relatively less manipulations and stock prices are impacted by earnings and either positive or negative news.

For instance, between yesterday and today (2 trading days), the online education play, $ZVO has already returned 61% to my portfolio. This could easily drop 60% in the next trading day, if earnings fail to beat estimates. So, one doesn't have to be greedy and should pull the trigger once investment objectives and targets are met.

Thanks boss

I just joined the train yesterday. Bought $ZVO and sold at a target 25% (beginners luck maybe?)
Looking forward to being able to buy like some of the numbers we see here shocked

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 8:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
DexterousOne:

lolll. Ask to see their year long/5 year long aggregate returns not returns from a single stock. You better stay the course, I remember you mentioned that you are a long term investor.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2020
OvaSabi1:
lolll. Ask to see their year long/5 year long aggregate returns not returns from a single stock. You better stay the course, I remember you mentioned that you are a long term investor.

I am

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 9:00pm On Aug 04, 2020
arduino:

You better sell...run to come back another time...do not trade on HOPE....that 50% may disappear tomorrow...listen to Kenny Rogers...

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Is it a good buy for data dog @$92?

On the basis of their last result, yes if you can time your entry below $90.

It all depends on how impressive it will be and Mr. Market's decision for how high/low it will rise unless something materially significant happens negatively.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:50pm On Aug 04, 2020
sonnie10:

Keeping an eye on Jumia and Fastly

The last few hours today was a good entry point for Jumia, assuming no further significant drop and in anticipation of a good earnings report.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by chunkuli: 10:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
oakpearl abeg a newbie question, please am about to fund my account on chaka for the first time, on their site l saw a providus bank account Providus Bank
CHAKA_USD
9914628708 just want to confirm if l should transfer my naira into the account
OakPearl:

The last few hours today was a good entry point for Jumia, assuming no further significant drop and in anticipation of a good earnings report.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 11:00pm On Aug 04, 2020
oladeleadebayo1:

@Oakpearl,please I sent email to you since few days ago but you have not reply me.Please reply,thanks very much.

My brother, I wish you can understand the volumes of emails that drops in my mail box.

I will respond.
But like I always advise, it's better to make enquiries here for quick response except it's considered highly personal enough.
Reason why it is easier for me or other gurus to respond here.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by chunkuli: 11:02pm On Aug 04, 2020
the exchange rate on the site is 478 to a dollar, pls is this good?
OakPearl:

My brother, I wish you can understand the volumes of emails that drops in my mail box.

I will respond.
But like I always advise, it's better to make enquiries here for quick response except it's considered highly personal enough.
Reason why it is easier for me or other gurus to respond here.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 11:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
chunkuli:
oakpearl abeg a newbie question, please am about to fund my account on chaka for the first time, on their site l saw a providus bank account Providus Bank
CHAKA_USD

I don't know if they have more than one account but I just rechecked and what I saw on my app as their bank details for naira transfer is:
Providus Bank
Please be careful to transfer to the right account.
Could what you came up with be their USD account?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ViVaMadrid: 11:40pm On Aug 04, 2020
arduino:

Don't ride through an earnings reports cuz the outcome is always uncertain. Take what you've got, which I think is pretty decent. It's better to leave money on the table than to lose some due to greed

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by arduino: 12:24am On Aug 05, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
Nice one. I had $ELVT but had to sell it to add more $JMIA. Would buy back if earnings beat estimates.
A good 2Q earnings would set it off on a bulls run, as they already exited the loss-making UK market.

You can wait for earnings and jump out if earnings aren't good and leads to sharp price dip below 10%. I did same for $SPCE today.

Noted
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 1:29am On Aug 05, 2020
The city of Miami, FL is going 100% remote with schools to remain distance learning for now due to increasing cases of Covid-19. Expect more US cities to tow same line of action.

Based on the above, share prices of online education stocks like $HMHC, $BOXL, $BNED and others are gapping up. Hence, I consider these stocks to be 'low hanging fruits'.
As always, DD is required before investing in any stock.

Bonne chance!!!

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kalu61(m): 4:32am On Aug 05, 2020
proprp:
Hello all,

New user here. Glad to find this forum and kudos to everyone contributing to it.

Silver seems to be rising lately so it is worth doing some research on it.
l'm new here. I feel hurt it took me all this while to see stock /investment minded trend on NL after many years.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bulespephilo(m): 8:14am On Aug 05, 2020
InaNla:

I tried severally today, no show yet.
Good morning guys. Please is anyone still having this issue? Abi am I the only one still hanging on this train?

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 8:16am On Aug 05, 2020
I have my eyes on Canadian Solar ($CSIQ) as it's due to release 2Q2020 earnings before market opens on Friday, Aug 7. Glad to see this company's share price gapping up and it's technical chart is nicely set up at the moment. It just secured a huge contract in Germany to construct a 10 MWp solar photovoltaic (PV) plant.

I did an academic research on this coy at it's infancy and I'm glad that it's grown over the years to become one of the best Solar plays in the market with great fundamentals.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jerry59: 9:22am On Aug 05, 2020
chunkuli:
CHAKA_USD
I think it is correct. For every transaction you’re given a number
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 10:11am On Aug 05, 2020
kalu61:
l'm new here. I feel hurt it took me all this while to see stock /investment minded trend on NL after many years.

Don't feel hurt, that's not a good investor mindset. You came at the right time and many more opportunities will come. You should also be prepared for losses. Take your time to study financial statements and get educated on fundamental analysis. Don't take anyone's recommendation without doing your due diligence.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by chunkuli: 10:51am On Aug 05, 2020
thank you. but which is the best way to get dollar at a good rate?
OakPearl:

I don't know if they have more than one account but I just rechecked and what I saw on my app as their bank details for naira transfer is:
Providus Bank
Please be careful to transfer to the right account.
Could what you came up with be their USD account?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by akinssan(m): 10:55am On Aug 05, 2020
$JMIA looking very nice for entry... cool

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 11:00am On Aug 05, 2020
For newbies to stock investing, apart from investing after doing your due diligence (DD) from recommendations on this forum, kindly try to enrich your knowledge by reading books like "Buffetology 101 by Warren Buffet", "The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham", "Stock Investing for Dummies by Paul Mladjenovic", "Irrational Exuberance by Robert J. Shiller" and "When to Sell: Inside Strategies for Stock-market Profits by Justin Mamis".

kalu61:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (432) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.