Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,740 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (612251 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Justcul(m): 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2020
Arizona042:

Oga you are a fucking cheat. U want to start using the platform for roundtripping. This is one of the reasons reputable brokers exclude Nigerians. I will personally contact the platform to have you banned. Idiot.

Thank you bro. That was exactly my point
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lastclaire4(f): 2:24pm On Aug 03, 2020
OakPearl:

We will not keep quiet and watch this.
Make legitimate money from the system like every other genuine investor that's all.
If the law doesn't interpret a process as illegal, why the name calling?
Provocative name calling, insult and derogatory remarks on fellow forum members is not our culture here.

Please put an end to these exchanges, it is alien to us.
Neither Warren Buffet nor Bill Gates, neither Elon Musk nor Jeff Bezos, neither Dangote, nor Otedola have time for this.
The only welcome exchanges are knowledge, wealth creation and edifying language.
Happy new month everyone and more greens to your portfolios.

Thanks Oakpearl. Happy new month to you and same wish to your portfolio.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 2:24pm On Aug 03, 2020
InaNla:

Great information.

I have never played ETFs...

Hope I would understand that one day...

An exchange traded fund will buy shares in a particular sector. They can buy shares of the top 50 most capitalized stocks in the tech sector. This is for people who don't have money to buy everything and who want to spread the risk of investing in just one company. There are ETFs that buy shares in biotech pharmaceutical companies too. Numerous categories, but if you enjoy taking risks, you may not like it. Although if I may add, there is research that people who invest in these funds usually outperform single stock buyers like us. The only problem is that this performance is usually tracked long term.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 2:29pm On Aug 03, 2020
OvaSabi1:

An exchange traded fund will buy shares in a particular sector. They can buy shares of the top 50 most capitalized stocks in the tech sector. This is for people who don't have money to buy everything and who want to spread the risk of investing in just one company. There are ETFs that buy shares in biotech pharmaceutical companies too. Numerous categories, but if you enjoy taking risks, you may not like it. Although if I may add, there is research that people who invest in these funds usually outperform single stock buyers like us. The only problem is that this performance is usually tracked long term.

Thanks a lot. This seems long term to measure as you rightly said.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1victor(m): 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2020
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 3:29pm On Aug 03, 2020
Is it just me or gpay is not processing payments on Nigerian cards currently?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 3:41pm On Aug 03, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Is it just me or gpay is not processing payments on Nigerian cards currently?

I tried severally today, no show yet.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 3:44pm On Aug 03, 2020
I don’t even understand.
Why are they blacklisting Nigerian cards?
Keep getting this message for all my cards
InaNla:

I tried severally today, no show yet.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2020
Ladies and gentlemen, Jumia has started that behaviour I talked about.
How to enter between $13 & $15 before their earnings na him be the matter now.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Coolcash1: 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2020
OakPearl:
Ladies and gentlemen, Jumia has started that behaviour I talked about.
How to enter between $13 & $15 before their earnings na him be the matter now.

Allow it pull back before entry.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sonnie10: 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2020
OakPearl:

We will not keep quiet and watch this.
Make legitimate money from the system like every other genuine investor that's all.
If the law doesn't interpret a process as illegal, why the name calling?
Provocative name calling, insult and derogatory remarks on fellow forum members is not our culture here.

Please put an end to these exchanges, it is alien to us.
Neither Warren Buffet nor Bill Gates, neither Elon Musk nor Jeff Bezos, neither Dangote, nor Otedola have time for this.
The only welcome exchanges are knowledge, wealth creation and edifying language.
Happy new month everyone and more greens to your portfolios.

4 days ago
Bill Gates on Elon Musk’s controversial coronavirus comments: Stick with electric cars and rockets.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by pa3k001: 6:13pm On Aug 03, 2020
Hello every1. Can after hours and premarket be traded on trove??
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 6:42pm On Aug 03, 2020
sonnie10:

4 days ago
Bill Gates on Elon Musk’s controversial coronavirus comments: Stick with electric cars and rockets.

Any name-calling, abusive or derogatory words?
I want to believe this is not an attempt to justify a clearly negative energy between forum members.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 6:52pm On Aug 03, 2020
As always, Mr. Market decided against analysts.
They gave a 100% consensus sell recommendation on Fastly, the stock shot up to over $100 today!
#BossingTheGame
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by EGUNSOLA14: 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2020
InaNla:

Some banks bill lower than 400/$. FBN billed me 400.02/$.

No bank will bill you at parallel market rates of 475.
access bank will. Always @$450 over two months ago!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 7:29pm On Aug 03, 2020
OvaSabi1:

Facebook also planned to launch Reel, a tik tok competitor this month. Just to notify everyone thinking of selling their Facebook stock for Microsoft. If you're patient enough you can wait or load up on ETFs that are FAAMG heavy if you prefer to play safe.

Please could you share the ticker symbols for such ETFs, I no too get time/risk appetite to they day trade abeg. Make I double up sharply on ETFs.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 7:56pm On Aug 03, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:

Please could you share the ticker symbols for such ETFs, I no too get time/risk appetite to they day trade abeg. Make I double up sharply on ETFs.

If you are looking for technology ETFs, you can check out Cathie Woods's ARKK

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sonnie10: 7:59pm On Aug 03, 2020
OakPearl:

Any name-calling, abusive or derogatory words?
I want to believe this is not an attempt to justify a clearly negative energy between forum members.

Keeping an eye on Jumia and Fastly
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 8:22pm On Aug 03, 2020
Just crossed 100% cumulative gain on Jumia ($JMIA) today. Fastly ($FSLY) is doing what it does best...accelerating at a fast pace.

sonnie10:

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 8:28pm On Aug 03, 2020
The month of August 2020 seems to have brought "green" tidings with it. My laggards like $PLUG, $DVAX, $GOCO (Gohealth), $ZVO, $NIO and $AZN have woken from slumber.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 8:48pm On Aug 03, 2020
afroxyz:

If you are looking for technology ETFs, you can check out Cathie Woods's ARKK

I already bought that. But seems like they are more into fast tech/innovation like Tesla and co.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:

I already bought that. But seems like they are more into fast tech/innovation like Tesla and co.

Disruptive technology that's the future. The pandemic has shown that we would increasingly depend on technology to meet our needs.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:

We're almost same. It is time consuming and if you take your attention from your screen anything can happen. Anyway, I have $IGM and $ARKF. There are many others that give similar returns like the Vanguard growth ETFs. I can't type all here, it will take time.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:26pm On Aug 03, 2020
sonnie10:

Both are disappearing fast!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
Just crossed 100% cumulative gain on Jumia ($JMIA) today. Fastly ($FSLY) is doing what it does best...accelerating at a fast pace.

Congratulations bro.
Who knows, Jumia is already half way up its last year's post IPO high of over $40.
More wins.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2020
Thanks bros. I actually expect some dips along the way, which will create opportunity to load up more, especially if earnings fall short of estimates.

$AMZN, $MELI and $JMIA are regarded as the e-commerce giants in their respective target markets. However, amongst the aforementioned trio, $JMIA is playing catch-up in terms of revenue and profitability.

OakPearl:

Congratulations bro.
Who knows, Jumia is already half way up its last year's post IPO high of over $40.
More wins.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Arizona042: 9:22am On Aug 04, 2020
Skymoore1004:
I don’t even understand.
Why are they blacklisting Nigerian cards?
Keep getting this message for all my cards

Please, how much is the transfer fee if one wants to fund his/her trading account through bank transfer using a domiciliary account?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2020
InaNla:
Happy new week to the bosses in the house.

Since I started following recommendations here... I am better off...

Now waiting the direction for today.... wink

God bless...

Based on earnings just released and those anticipated this week, the following stocks offer a good proposition for some quick gains.

Chegg
Twilio
Beyond Meat
Nikola
Moderna
Roku
Fastly
Square
Plug
Datadog
A good entry and due diligence advised.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by hancock(m): 2:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
Cloudflare $NET
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2020
OakPearl:

Based on earnings just released and those anticipated this week, the following stocks offer a good proposition for some quick gains.

Chegg
Twilio
Beyond Meat
Nikola
Moderna
Roku
Fastly
Square
Plug
Datadog
A good entry and due diligence advised.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: Testimonies777(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.