Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,081 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (610324 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 11:25am On Aug 05, 2020
Nice advice.
OvaSabi1:

Don't feel hurt, that's not a good investor mindset. You came at the right time and many more opportunities will come. You should also be prepared for losses. Take your time to study financial statements and get educated on fundamental analysis. Don't take anyone's recommendation without doing your due diligence.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2020
Nice advice and very apt.
OvaSabi1:

Don't feel hurt, that's not a good investor mindset. You came at the right time and many more opportunities will come. You should also be prepared for losses. Take your time to study financial statements and get educated on fundamental analysis. Don't take anyone's recommendation without doing your due diligence.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 11:39am On Aug 05, 2020
Please sell your SPCE now. Virgin Atlantic just filed for bankruptcy. I wish SpaceX has gone public, that or Blue origins could have been a better space exploration stock to buy because they are getting contracts from NASA and other government military agencies. The video from SPCE that came out a few days ago was not even from a real space craft as I read. Don't take my word for it, do your due diligence.

As for Jumia, I never jumped on it- not even now, because I feel it is a falling knife. You should not catch a falling knife. Even if it gets to 100, I won't regret. Please don't take my word for it without due diligence.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2020
OvaSabi1:
Please sell your SPCE now. Virgin Atlantic just filed for bankruptcy. I wish SpaceX has gone public, that or Blue origins could have been a better space exploration stock to buy because they are getting contracts from NASA and other government military agencies. The video from SPCE that came out a few days ago was not even from a real space craft as I read. Don't take my word for it, do your due diligence.

As for Jumia, I never jumped on it- not even now, because I feel it is a falling knife. You should not catch a falling knife. Even if it gets to 100, I won't regret. Please don't take my word for it without due diligence.

You have done well for the alert. I sold 50% of my SPCE yesterday. Today to offload everything...

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2020
Breaking News:
Teladoc ($TDOC) and Livongo ($LVGO) Health to merge in deal valued at $18.5 billion. Based on the terms of the deal, $LVGO shareholders will receive 0.592x shares of $TDOC plus $11.33 in cash per share owned.

Furthermore, while $TDOC shareholders will own about 58% of the combined entity, $LVGO shareholders will own the remaining 42%. The combination "creates a global leader in consumer centered virtual care".
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2020
arduino:
My people, am currently sitting on 50%+ gain in ELVT. cheesy cheesy
I entered @$1.44 and had held on since then. Now Q2 report will due next tomorrow and I don't know if they would beat estimated revenue and profits. Make I sell or just hold till result show?? angry

A good clue about what to expect in the next report is to dig out what the previous quarter performance was.

Based on that, you can decide whether to sell or hold to max out your gains post-earnings.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2020
kalu61:
l'm new here. I feel hurt it took me all this while to see stock /investment minded trend on NL after many years.

Now use that hurt feeling to your advantage by channelling your anger into doing everything to learn, understand and implement your own trading/investment plan.
#JustDoIt
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2020
Just in: $BX Blackstone Group to buy a 75% stake in Ancestry .com.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by horlajide: 1:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
Breaking News:
Teladoc ($TDOC) and Livongo ($LVGO) Health to merge in deal valued at $18.5 billion. Based on the terms of the deal, $LVGO shareholders will receive 0.592x shares of $TDOC plus $11.33 in cash per share owned.

Furthermore, while $TDOC shareholders will own about 58% of the combined entity, $LVGO shareholders will own the remaining 42%. The combination "creates a global leader in consumer centered virtual care".

I’ve got positions in both TDOC and LVGO. I’m still trying to discern how this affects me. Good or Bad?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by civilserva: 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
kalu61:
l'm new here. I feel hurt it took me all this while to see stock /investment minded trend on NL after many years.

Good you discover this thread. Don't be overwhelmed by profits being booked by individuals at the moment. Use this time to educate yourself on the rudiments of stock trade/investment. After that, decide whether to be a trader or investors. Mind you US stock business is not get reach quick scheme. You can easily make money and easily lose money. Now the market is 'sweet' and it has attracted a lot of people because of the uptrend, when it start clashing, many will burn their account. This is the reality not message of doom. I will also advise you to learn and remain on the sideline until the market dips. Most stocks now are trading above 52 week high which is not good for fresh investors.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
I swing 10k stock PEI for $1.07
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Olalekank(m): 3:55pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nikola dropping as a result of the earnings report

Is it advisable to still hold on to it or keep it for long term
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2020
Olalekank:
Nikola dropping as a result of the earnings report

Is it advisable to still hold on to it or keep it for long term

I would dump it. No revenue, no data, not even a single car on the road yet. I would dump it and go for any industrial revolution ETF if you're genuinely into renewable energy and electric cars.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sonnie10: 4:25pm On Aug 05, 2020
OvaSabi1:

I would dump it. No revenue, no data, not even a single car on the road yet. I would dump it and go for any industrial revolution ETF if you're genuinely into renewable energy and electric cars.

I sold at $32 early this morning, now it $35. Good thing I entered at $28

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Olalekank(m): 4:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
OvaSabi1:

Makes sense considering that nothing would be produced until 2021/22

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2020
YerYer:

OSTK reported stellar earnings. I'm up almost $1500. Plan to hold until stock reaches $90.

Boss, we have arrived $90 for OSTK, do you still advise we offload now?

@OakPearl what do you recommend too?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:00pm On Aug 05, 2020
InaNla:

Am in Overstock for the long term.
Not selling.
If you are in for trading and have met your investment objective, you may sell and care less if it rises higher.
You remain the CEO of your portfolio.
Congrats on hitting the $90 mark.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 5:03pm On Aug 05, 2020
OakPearl:

Am in Overstock for the long term.
Not selling.
If you are in for trading and have met your investment objective, you may sell and care less if it rises higher.
You remain the CEO of your portfolio.
Congrats on hitting the $90 mark.

tongue
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
InaNla:

Yes ma, I just sold my shares for a profit of 49% or $2983. You can sell half of your holding and let the rest ride, totally your call. I'm looking to buy more UAVS

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2020
Just noticed the men in black (speculators) working on overdrive today have pushed the price of this stock that sounds like "Biafra" (Biofrontera AG - $BFRA) to over 350%. This stock should not be touched even with a long pole because its fundamentals are very weak.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 5:48pm On Aug 05, 2020
The share prices of both $TDOC and $LVGO are down since the announcement and no one can tell the absolute bottom prices at the moment.

$LVGO shares will be diluted and the cash being paid for each share may not adequately compensate for the ongoing loss in its share price value. Hence, this deal seems to favour $TDOC shareholders.

You can run the numbers and see if it's better to sell $LVGO now based on price appreciation or hold in anticipation of the cash that $TDOC will pay for each of your shares, while risking further dips.

horlajide:

I’ve got positions in both TDOC and LVGO. I’m still trying to discern how this affects me. Good or Bad?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sonnie10: 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2020
One thing I like about Apple, it does not react to rumor. Still going strong.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Coolcash1: 9:26pm On Aug 05, 2020
$ASM is the stock to buy. Q2 report to be out Aug 11.

DD still advised.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Coolcash1: 9:29pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonnie10:
One thing I like about Apple, it does not react to rumor. Still going strong.

Waiting for the stock split to happen so that I can pick up good units for medium term play.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Coolcash1: 9:47pm On Aug 05, 2020
Follow the money

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 11:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
Coolcash1:
$ASM is the stock to buy. Q2 report to be out Aug 11.

DD still advised.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 11:22pm On Aug 05, 2020
Oh boy, dollars sef they depreciate be that ooo.

No economy is spared in this Coro-period.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 11:25pm On Aug 05, 2020
LVGO flying high with a lot of volume.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kalu61(m): 12:40am On Aug 06, 2020
civilserva:

Good you discover this thread. Don't be overwhelmed by profits being booked by individuals at the moment. Use this time to educate yourself on the rudiments of stock trade/investment. After that, decide whether to be a trader or investors. Mind you US stock business is not get reach quick scheme. You can easily make money and easily lose money. Now the market is 'sweet' and it has attracted a lot of people because of the uptrend, when it start clashing, many will burn their account. This is the reality not message of doom. I will also advise you to learn and remain on the sideline until the market dips. Most stocks now are trading above 52 week high which is not good for fresh investors.
Thanks. I appreciate your advice. I have knowledge of forex and crypto trading, so l understand the risk involved but l am not good with stocks. I will be observing you guys. Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kalu61(m): 12:42am On Aug 06, 2020
OakPearl:

Now use that hurt feeling to your advantage by channelling your anger into doing everything to learn, understand and implement your own trading/investment plan.
#JustDoIt
Hahaha, l felt like l wasted time during this lockdown not seeing this trend. I read some stocked on bull run and was like if l had thrown in some Tens of dollars

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kalu61(m): 12:43am On Aug 06, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
For newbies to stock investing, apart from investing after doing your due diligence (DD) from recommendations on this forum, kindly try to enrich your knowledge by reading books like "Buffetology 101 by Warren Buffet", "The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham", "Stock Investing for Dummies by Paul Mladjenovic", "Irrational Exuberance by Robert J. Shiller" and "When to Sell: Inside Strategies for Stock-market Profits by Justin Mamis".

See assignment. Hahah

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (430) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.