Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,821 members, 7,824,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (616138 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
Expecting mid to long term huge runs from these 2 penny stocks $AVGR and $PEIX.

1. $AVGR ($0.49 yesterday, but -2.53% pre-market today): Coy submitted 3 medical patents, which are awaiting the US FDA's approval. These patents are unique with addressable annual market of $400 million. Current analyst's price target is $1.50.

2. $PEIX ($3.80 yesterday, but now 14% up pre-market at $4.32): Tried buying this stock thrice when it was trading at $1+ but failed due to it being closed for trading during it's recapitalization. This coy is a huge market leader of ethanol production and declared first quarterly profits in the last 3 years due to sustained huge demand of ethanol for hand sanitizers. With Covid-19 pandemic not likely to go away any time soon, expect upcoming earnings to be a blowout. From my analysis, this stock locks like a "multibagger".

As always, DD is required before buying any stock(s).

Disclosure: I started buying the aforementioned stocks yesterday and will keep averaging down on dips.

Bonne chance!

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 3:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
Jayjaycee18:

Just Energy ($JE) Fiscal 1Q21 Earnings and approval of recapitalization plans

Looks like Christmas came early here. Alerted on this stock on July 27, 2020 and planned to hold between 5-10 years but it's up by about $87% (now $0.57 pre-market) after the shareholders, debt/bondholders had approved the recapitalization plans and release of the following 1Q20 earnings:

1. Base EBITDA from continuing operations of $40.5 million. 67% increase over the comparable prior year period
2. $136.3 million Base gross margin. A 3% increase over the comparable prior year period
3. Reaffirms Base EBITDA guidance range of $130 million to $160 million for fiscal year 2021
4. Strong stakeholder approval on August 27, 2020 of the Recapitalization Plan to de-risk the business

Disclosure: I accumulated this stock at an average price of $0.33 and will be looking to sell 70% of my holdings leaving the remaining 30% for the forthcoming 1-for-33 reverse stock split, so i can still own some substantial shares going into the coys future. The majority shareholder of this coy is currently rated as the 3rd richest man in Canada and reports had it that he assured that this coy will not be declared bankrupt under his watch. Coy had paid dividend consistently over the last 11years until last year that it ran into troubled waters.

Due diligence required as always before buying any stock.

Bonne chance!

Congratulations my "Bonne Chance" Bro.
More "bonne chance" to your portfolio. grin

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
ebuka1997:

I’m looking at peloton for earnings next month, what do you think

So sorry I have been busy all along.
Peloton in my opinion will arrive at the $100/share mark in a matter of weeks.

Currently trading at a price-to-sales ratio of 13.4, it is priced to perfection. Sales in the third quarter of 2020 (ended March 31st) were up 66% from the prior-year period, reaching $524.6 million. Connected Fitness Subscribers (those who purchased the company's bike or treadmill) soared 94%

Peloton's bikes and treadmills had a gross margin of 45.3% in the fiscal third quarter,

If the avid cycler takes 20 classes per month, it'll cost him or her $640 through SoulCycle. One Peloton bike costs $2,245 plus $39 per month for the cost of subscription. After about four months the Peloton bike has paid for itself, not to mention the fact that the number of classes one can take is unlimited.

This one has overstayed its $60-$70 range I predict. I have it in my portfolio for the long term and will keep buying till it hits $100.

Their full year result will be awesome.
If you ask me, look no further; buying Peloton is a no brainer!

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 3:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
OakPearl:

So sorry I have been busy all along.
Peloton in my opinion will arrive at the $100/share mark in a matter of weeks.

Currently trading at a price-to-sales ratio of 13.4, it is priced to perfection. Sales in the third quarter of 2020 (ended March 31st) were up 66% from the prior-year period, reaching $524.6 million. Connected Fitness Subscribers (those who purchased the company's bike or treadmill) soared 94%

Peloton's bikes and treadmills had a gross margin of 45.3% in the fiscal third quarter,

If the avid cycler takes 20 classes per month, it'll cost him or her $640 through SoulCycle. One Peloton bike costs $2,245 plus $39 per month for the cost of subscription. After about four months the Peloton bike has paid for itself, not to mention the fact that the number of classes one can take is unlimited.

This one has overstayed its $60-$70 range I predict. I have it in my portfolio for the long term and will keep buying till it hits $100.

Their full year result will be awesome.
If you ask me, look no further; buying Peloton is a no brainer!

I wanted to get in yesterday but my annoying broker didn’t allow me but as I had plenty day trades already, I managed to get in today tho... it’s running today. Wish I could have gotten in before the run. I’m holding till earnings tho
Thanks for replying
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
Thanks bro. Appreciate your timely contributions here. Did my DD on $OSTK after you highlighted it and i bought my usual 'Afolabi' units at $85 and sold half at $121 for over $900+gain within a 2weeks. Didn't look the way of $OSTK until you mentioned it here.

Still holding on to $GOCO (Go health) which you also recommended here after there IPO, even though i am currently down -19%. From my analysis, with medicaid and medicare insurance, $GOCO are sitting on a potential goldmine. Will gladly wait and take the risk of watching it dip. No need fretting over paper loss(es).

OakPearl:

Congratulations my "Bonne Chance" Bro.
More "bonne chance" to your portfolio. grin

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 4:48pm On Aug 28, 2020
Jayjaycee18:

Just Energy ($JE) Fiscal 1Q21 Earnings and approval of recapitalization plans

Looks like Christmas came early here. Alerted on this stock on July 27, 2020 and planned to hold between 5-10 years but it's up by about $87% (now $0.57 pre-market) after the shareholders, debt/bondholders had approved the recapitalization plans and release of the following 1Q20 earnings:

1. Base EBITDA from continuing operations of $40.5 million. 67% increase over the comparable prior year period
2. $136.3 million Base gross margin. A 3% increase over the comparable prior year period
3. Reaffirms Base EBITDA guidance range of $130 million to $160 million for fiscal year 2021
4. Strong stakeholder approval on August 27, 2020 of the Recapitalization Plan to de-risk the business

Disclosure: I accumulated this stock at an average price of $0.33 and will be looking to sell 70% of my holdings leaving the remaining 30% for the forthcoming 1-for-33 reverse stock split, so i can still own some substantial shares going into the coys future. The majority shareholder of this coy is currently rated as the 3rd richest man in Canada and reports had it that he assured that this coy will not be declared bankrupt under his watch. Coy had paid dividend consistently over the last 11years until last year that it ran into troubled waters.

Due diligence required as always before buying any stock.

Bonne chance!

Holding $JE for 5-10 years may be like a shot to your foot bro.
Overall past 5 years performance has been on a downward trend.

Looking like a JIJO kind of stock.
But what do I know sha?!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 5:18pm On Aug 28, 2020
Best trading for me
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 5:18pm On Aug 28, 2020
Best trading week for me

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Alaska90(m): 5:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
Jotrade:
Best trading week for me

Share your loot story now.....

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by onyioyeezah(f): 5:43pm On Aug 28, 2020
ScepterWorld:

Yes please.
I use Trove.
No complaints so far and they recently added price limits option unlike before when I used to trade only based on market price.
can I withdraw to my bank account? Do they charge withdrawal fees?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by onyioyeezah(f): 6:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
Skymoore1004:
$DDOG
$FSLY
$AYX the worst.

DAMN cry cry cry

Bought more $FSLY though
Holding $DDOG long.
Thinking of buying $AYX but still observing
Hello, I'm a beginner and I'll like to know if I can sell off at any time. Thank you
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
YerYer:

Overstock (OSTK) dipped down to $90 earlier today and closed at $96.05. I'm down 21% or $1289. The stock dropped like a rock today partly because of a decrease in coronavirus cases in the U.S and competition from Facebook Shop. I bought a few more shares to reduce my cost basis. I think the reaction is over done and will add to my position as it drops.

When the market reacts, it's almost always extrem whether positive or negative.

As you very well know, every loss is on paper until you sell.
Your decision to buy the dip is what I would have done.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 9:39pm On Aug 28, 2020
smitten99:

Which card are u now using as i dont have Stanbic Account yet

Not done any deposit lately. But had problem making some purchases, had to use someone else's naira card and payback.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 8:05am On Aug 29, 2020
A stock can be traded in several ways. While one can comfortably JIJO on this stock, it's fundamentals are strong enough for one to also hold. Besides, the coy had sold off and exited loss-making countries and with natural gas prices going up and loans reduced after recapitalization takes effect this September, earnings would improve. Kindly note that this coy is still making profits and beat analysts earnings estimate by 200% with its 1Q21 EPS of $0.43. This EPS was more than the value/price of each share. I can't think of any other company in the market that can say that.

Despite having an EPS of $0.43, the market values this stock's price below $1, while some almost bankrupt stocks like Kodak and even Hertz had shot up from $0.40 to $6.0. The stock is undervalued at current price and has a low risk/reward (R/R) ratio. Hence, the future profit potential far outweighs the risk.

Penboy:

Holding $JE for 5-10 years may be like a shot to your foot bro.
Overall past 5 years performance has been on a downward trend.

Looking like a JIJO kind of stock.
But what do I know sha?!

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 10:22am On Aug 29, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
A stock can be traded in several ways. While one can comfortably JIJO on this stock, it's fundamentals are strong enough for one to also hold. Besides, the coy had sold off and exited loss-making countries and with natural gas prices going up and loans reduced after recapitalization takes effect this September, earnings would improve. Kindly note that this coy is still making profits and beat analysts earnings estimate by 200% with its 1Q21 EPS of $0.43. This EPS was more than the value/price of each share. I can't think of any other company in the market that can say that.

Despite having an EPS of $0.43, the market values this stock's price below $1, while some almost bankrupt stocks like Kodak and even Hertz had shot up from $0.40 to $6.0. The stock is undervalued at current price and has a low risk/reward (R/R) ratio. Hence, the future profit potential far outweighs the risk.

Alright boss
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kudostim(m): 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
OakPearl:

Dear Ibrahim505,
You can trade real US stocks using any of the following android apps:
1. Trove
2. Chaka
3. Bamboo.

I use Trove and have no reason to switch just yet.

Sir, good afternoon, please I'm also using TROVE APP, i was enjoying it until past 3 months that they start delaying crediting of user account by two or more days after selling a share...
Please are you experiencing this and do you know of other APP behaving the same.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by otomatic(m): 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
AAPL is now $124.76 while TSLA is $442.96 after the split. Expecting some wild trading on Monday.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
Looking forward to it wink
otomatic:
AAPL is now $124.76 while TSLA is $442.96 after the split. Expecting some wild trading on Monday.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2020
kudostim:

Sir, good afternoon, please I'm also using TROVE APP, i was enjoying it until past 3 months that they start delaying crediting of user account by two or more days after selling a share...
Please are you experiencing this and do you know of other APP behaving the same.

I have been recycling my trading funds with Trove since my last deposit at N360/$ exchange rate.

No withdrawals as a result.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2020
otomatic:

This one na "sidon look" mode for some of us.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2020
Earnings for the week

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by otomatic(m): 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
OakPearl:

This one na "sidon look" mode for some of us.

Why do you say so? Wetin you see?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:07pm On Aug 29, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
Thanks bro. Appreciate your timely contributions here. Did my DD on $OSTK after you highlighted it and i bought my usual 'Afolabi' units at $85 and sold half at $121 for over $900+gain within a 2weeks. Didn't look the way of $OSTK until you mentioned it here.

Still holding on to $GOCO (Go health) which you also recommended here after there IPO, even though i am currently down -19%. From my analysis, with medicaid and medicare insurance, $GOCO are sitting on a potential goldmine. Will gladly wait and take the risk of watching it dip. No need fretting over paper loss(es).

I appreciate your honest feedback and your great win bro. It's very gratifying to hear.
I have been searching for the next OSTK.

As for GOCO, your own even better. I dey on a 41% loss grin amounting to $190, simply helped by the fact that I don't commit too much in speculative trades until am convinced to average up.

Could be a good time to average down, but I hardly make such moves for speculative stocks as there are too many other available options (or yet to be discovered) begging for scarce resources. I rather commit funds to average up with the conviction that a good recovery has set in.

More wins to your portfolio.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
otomatic:

Why do you say so? Wetin you see?

Because we have done all the talking and analysis and have matched our words with actions buying those stocks when we did for the future. To suddenly see increased number of shares even if at first the value is the same will make a sweet movie wouldn't It? grin

So na to sidon watch the future emerge like a movie na. grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by otomatic(m): 9:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
OakPearl:

Because we have done all the talking and analysis and have matched our words with actions buying those stocks when we did for the future. To suddenly see increased number of shares even if at first the value is the same will make a sweet movie wouldn't It? grin

So na to sidon watch the future emerge like a movie na. grin

I see. These guys are putting smiles on your face. Enjoy, more loot on the way.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 2Lynx(m): 12:05am On Aug 30, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
Yes. You need to register on Trading 212 with your gmail account, so that Gpay can link your chosen ATM card details, after identifying you through your gmail account.

sorry, but does trading 212 accepts naira funding asides dollar?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 6:53am On Aug 30, 2020
Trading 212 used to accept deposits from some Naira ATM cards, but recent restrictions of USD transactions using Naira cards by most Nigerian Banks has made it difficult to deposit into Trading 212 via this means. Try to get a USD dorm account that comes with a USD ATM card, fund your Dorm Account and link the ATM card details to your Gpay profile.

2Lynx:

sorry, but does trading 212 accepts naira funding asides dollar?

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 7:34am On Aug 30, 2020
Good morning

Please how do I start to invest in US shares?

2. Will I need to open a dorm account

3. What are the requirements for trading

Thank you in anticipation of your response.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by otomatic(m): 8:49am On Aug 30, 2020
horlajide:
Jayjaycee18 I don’t see the Gpay option even on desktop. Could it be because I registered with a yahoo account?

I use a yahoo account too. I had the same challenge but they resolved it for me. I sent them a mail via cardverification@trading212 .com and they responded with a link that helps me use gpay and other options.
According to their response, they don't allow direct funding with credit/debit cards originating from Nigeria.
Using gpay helps them in verifying your identity.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 2Lynx(m): 9:16am On Aug 30, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
Trading 212 used to accept deposits from some Naira ATM cards, but recent restrictions of USD transactions using Naira cards by most Nigerian Banks has made it difficult to deposit into Trading 212 via this means. Try to get a USD dorm account that comes with a USD ATM card, fund your Dorm Account and link the ATM card details to your Gpay profile.

OK thanks so much...does the restriction also applies to etoro..and how good is etoro?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Iamsoulomon: 9:30am On Aug 30, 2020
Please how long does it take for sell order to execute on NSE? I want out and now that’s being a problem... please who have an idea?

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.