Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,741 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (612969 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
conyema12:
Good evening Good people.. This is a wonderful thread. I have been searching a thread like this for along time. I want to start investing in US stocks for long term., say 5-10years period.
Please any idea on the class of stocks i should be going for?
and which broker can i use.

Thanks

I would advise that you gather as much knowledge as possible because your hard earned money will be sent on this errand.
You don't want it to go and not return.
In investing, capital preservation is rule no. 1 and 2.

Meanwhile, since mentorship is the legal short cut to success, lots of ideas, resource materials and web links have been shared on previous pages on this thread. Do your best to read up on them and utilise the links and materials.
This will make you your own boss over time.

While you are at that, the time frame you have planned for is wealth creation friendly.
Please if you must speculate, do it with very minimal funds unless you are in a hurry to "pay school fees. grin

Without hurrying, at a good entry price based on right timing, the following stocks can be studied and considered for your project.

1. $AAPL ($506.09) buy immediately after stock split
2. $NIO ($20.44) buy under $18
3. $SQ ($153.74) buy under $150
4. $FSLY ($89.69) buy under $80
5. $FB ($303.91) buy under $290
6. $PYPL ($203.48) under $290
7. $LOGI ($74.82) buy under $70
8. $CHGG ($76.34) buy under $70
9. $JD (80.83) buy under $70
10. $OSTK under $100

The above could easily pass for my top 10 most stable and most promising.
But they are not exactly, simply because I didn't do a research of all available stocks on the exchange. I own some of these and still waiting for the right time to own those I don't have or increase those I already have.
They will do very well in the future we are going into-the new normal.

Nothing is cast in stone.
Anything can happen. Some may never return to the expected prices unless there is a crash which if it happens like it did in March this year, will be another fantastic opportunity to cherry-pick great stocks at "bend down, select" prices.
Na so I use buy Apple at $290/share oh.
Happy investing bro.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
OvaSabi1:

Witch hunting how?
is it not the aegations and probe that crash d price
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
ebuka1997:

Oh yeah, those stocks are bad companies, they’re just for trading and taking profits
For next week I’ll be watching fastly for long term, they fell largely due to the Tik too issue and I believe they’ll be a correction... bosses @oakpearl @yeryer please your thought on this?

OakPearl:

Fastly is a great stock for the new normal.
I had it for keeps but sold off to buy back after the TikTok shake out purely because I saw the sell off as an opportunity to sell high to buy cheaper.

I have started buying back with the first repurchase at $78.

When I buy a stock for long term, I have very strong fundamental reasons.

OakPearl:

The words in bold is where the value lies.
My thought is that any announcement will let Fastly fly. Why?

Latest reports have it that they have instituted legal action against the US government.

If they win the case, the stock will fly.
If they don't, the next line of action which will be a take over by either Microsoft or Oracle will make them fly as well.
But should they lose the case, something else will first happen - another opportunity to buy a dip will arise. I will not fail to pounce again.

When I find a long term stock in a situation like this, I buy, taking full advantage of all probable scenarios.

It's a good business bottom line and top line.

People of God, as envisaged in my bolded previous post, Fastly is ready to bounce to $100 and above as TikTok is ready to announce sale of U.S. operations in the coming days.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by proprp: 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
Beyond meat is on a roll
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
Just a word of encouragement to my fellow stocks investors, you guys are doing well. Anyone that bought any of those tech stocks i.e Apple, Facebook, Google e.t.c around March is already on multiple profits now. It should be around 70% I guess, and an additional 20 - 30% profit based on currency (fx) gains.

Far better than Buhari's 2% yearly gains on Tbills.

Let's keep the motivation high as Trump will not relent in pumping that economy, November election is near.

9 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:
Just a word of encouragement to my fellow stocks investors, you guys are doing well. Anyone that bought any of those tech stocks i.e Apple, Facebook, Google e.t.c around March is already on multiple profits now. It should be around 70% I guess, and an additional 20 - 30% profit based on currency (fx) gains.

Let's keep the motivation high as Trump will not relent in pumping that economy, November election is near.

We are positioning for the next stimulus they are about to hand out.
Our share of the "national cake" in this part of the world will reflect in our portfolio. grin

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 4:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
OakPearl:

People of God, as envisaged in my bolded previous post, Fastly is ready to bounce to $100 and above as TikTok is ready to announce sale of U.S. operations in the coming days.

I hear Walmart is teaming up with Microsoft on TikTok bid.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
The following stocks are very good swing stocks now that several entertainment outfits are getting back to full operations gradually.

After a successful reopening of 100 locations nationwide, AMC is preparing to open more theatres with 170 more locations set to be opened today.
$AMC ($6.56)
$LYV - ($57.71)
$PLAY ($15.30)

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sharpman1(m): 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2020
OakPearl:

I would advise that you gather as much knowledge as possible because your hard earned money will be sent on this errand.

Meanwhile, since mentorship is the legal short cut to success, lots of ideas, resource materials and web links have been shared on previous pages on this thread. Do your best to read up on them and utilise the links and materials.

While you are at that, the time frame you have planned for is wealth creation friendly.
Please if you must speculate, do it with very minimal funds unless you are in a hurry to "pay school fees. grin

Without hurrying, at a good entry price based on right timing, the following stocks can be studied and considered for your project.

10. $OSTK under $100

But they are not exactly, simply because I didn't do a research of all available stocks on the exchange. I own some of these and still waiting for the right time to own those I don't have or increase those I already have.

Anything can happen. Some may never return to the expected prices unless there is a crash which if it happens like it did in March this year, will be another fantastic opportunity to cherry-pick great stocks at "bend down, select" prices.
Happy investing bro.

@OakPearl, I noticed you don't have MSFT on your list.

That stock seems to be one of the most stable and promising stock i have come across.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 4:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
sharpman1:

@OakPearl, I noticed you don't have MSFT on your list.

That stock seems to be one of the most stable and promising stock i have come across.

It is more than qualified to be up there and should be included.
I actually own it too.
Like I stated, the list is not final.
Good observation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by conyema12(m): 5:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
OakPearl:

10. $OSTK under $100

Happy investing bro.

Thank you so much OakPearl.
This is more than i asked for .. it will go along way in helping out.. I will continue with my research and start investing asap. Am tired of TB and Mutual fund where my funds keep depreciating because of the Naira free fall.

I sincerely commend your detailed response. God bless you.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sugah: 5:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
@oakpearl whats a good price to jump into OSTK for short hold?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
$OSTK good time to buy
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
Anyone on $XPEV? IPO live from today
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
sugah:
@oakpearl whats a good price to jump into OSTK for short hold?

Am waiting to pounce if it ever gets to $80 and below. Having said that, $90 is a good start to buy some. Should it come down further, you can average down.
This one's pattern I have come to understand.

When it rises, it's full throttle.
Their Q3 and full year result will be great.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 6:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Anyone on $XPEV? IPO live from today

It has gone live already!
19% up!!!
This is where T212 better pass Fintechs.
Chai.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 6:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
OakPearl:

I’m looking at peloton for earnings next month, what do you think
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:

Low interest rate is good for the economy.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 8:05pm On Aug 27, 2020
ebuka1997:

I’m looking at peloton for earnings next month, what do you think

You dey follow CNBC bumper to bumper?

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 8:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
OakPearl:

I hear Walmart is teaming up with Microsoft on TikTok bid.

Yeah. It's confirmed

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sugah: 8:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
OakPearl:

Am waiting to pounce if it ever gets to $80 and below. Having said that, $90 is a good start to buy some. Should it come down further, you can average down.
This one's pattern I have come to understand.

When it rises, it's full throttle.
Their Q3 and full year result will be great.
smiley thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
smitten99:
Na wa o
@oakpearl and co which card una dey use for Trading 212 na
GT Card no dey work o
I even chatted Google and they said the issue is not from them but GT
Please share which cards u guys use make we join the winning train na
Ejoor o

GT cards have been falling hands lately.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lancee(m): 12:19am On Aug 28, 2020
FDA approves 5$ covid -19 antigen test by Abbot lab
Doing good at the moment

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Okewa(m): 12:28am On Aug 28, 2020
Good morning house, please i need TROVE WhatsApp line or email, I did a withdrawal yesterday to my bank account and up till this moment i have not gotten alert.

I have tried the number on their site and it's not connecting
Please help !!!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by smitten99: 3:17am On Aug 28, 2020
1kinggy:

GT cards have been falling hands lately.
Which card are u now using as i dont have Stanbic Account yet

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Thrill4christ(m): 3:53am On Aug 28, 2020
Guys watch out for the company NIO!!! A medium Chinese company with great potential similar to TESLA. It's a BULLISH strong buy!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 5:15am On Aug 28, 2020
YerYer:
FOMOed back into Overstock (OSTK). Wayfair (W) another online retailer of home goods has a market cap of over $31B while Overstock is just $5.3B. As we all know, many people are using this period to refurnish their homes hence the reason why online home goods retailers like Wayfair (W) and William Sonoma (WSM) have been on a tear. If you've been holding this stock since Oakpearl recommended it, congrats, I got out at $90. Plan to dollar cost average my position if it drops to $90.

Overstock (OSTK) dipped down to $90 earlier today and closed at $96.05. I'm down 21% or $1289. The stock dropped like a rock today partly because of a decrease in coronavirus cases in the U.S and competition from Facebook Shop. I bought a few more shares to reduce my cost basis. I think the reaction is over done and will add to my position as it drops.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 5:56am On Aug 28, 2020
OakPearl:
The following stocks are very good swing stocks now that several entertainment outfits are getting back to full operations gradually.

After a successful reopening of 100 locations nationwide, AMC is preparing to open more theatres with 170 more locations set to be opened today.
$AMC ($6.56)
$LYV - ($57.71)
$PLAY ($15.30)
Add CNK and SIX to the list. I swing AMC last week when the price was 5.19

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 7:18am On Aug 28, 2020
Penboy:
Who is monitoring Salesforce.com?? ($CRM)

Monitoring but not in it. cry
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2020
afroxyz:

You dey follow CNBC bumper to bumper?

No, I pick up whispers on twitter then I check the company’s website.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2020
Just Energy ($JE) Fiscal 1Q21 Earnings and approval of recapitalization plans

Looks like Christmas came early here. Alerted on this stock on July 27, 2020 and planned to hold between 5-10 years but it's up by about $87% (now $0.57 pre-market) after the shareholders, debt/bondholders had approved the recapitalization plans and release of the following 1Q20 earnings:

1. Base EBITDA from continuing operations of $40.5 million. 67% increase over the comparable prior year period
2. $136.3 million Base gross margin. A 3% increase over the comparable prior year period
3. Reaffirms Base EBITDA guidance range of $130 million to $160 million for fiscal year 2021
4. Strong stakeholder approval on August 27, 2020 of the Recapitalization Plan to de-risk the business

Disclosure: I accumulated this stock at an average price of $0.33 and will be looking to sell 70% of my holdings leaving the remaining 30% for the forthcoming 1-for-33 reverse stock split, so i can still own some substantial shares going into the coys future. The majority shareholder of this coy is currently rated as the 3rd richest man in Canada and reports had it that he assured that this coy will not be declared bankrupt under his watch. Coy had paid dividend consistently over the last 11years until last year that it ran into troubled waters.

Due diligence required as always before buying any stock.

Bonne chance!

Jayjaycee18:
Nice one. I often read Jim Cramer's posts but haven't read any of Dave Ramsey's posts. Actually, my stock investments are split into short-term, mid-term, long-term and very long-term.

For very long term, i try to buy company's that are recovering from crises, undergoing recapitalization, lower or close to its 52weeks low, and was hitherto very profitable and paying annual dividend. Currently tracking Just Energy ($JE), a Canadian-based coy focused on essential needs (i.e. a water quality, natural gas, electricity retailer) operating in Canadian and American markets across North America, and in Germany, Ireland and Japan.

In the last 11years of operation (2009 - 2019), $JE consistently paid an average annual dividend of $0.50 (lowest of $0.25 in 2019 and highest of $1.24 in 2011) before the business made losses in 2019. JE recently exited the loss making countries like Ireland, Japan and Germany in order to focus on North America, where they are more profitable and also announced recapitalization plans which started this July to end in Sept 2020.

JE's current price is $0.41 with 52-weeks low of $0.34 and 52-weeks high of $3.64. It's all-time highest stock closing price was $16.32 on April 01, 2011.

Disclosure: I bought at $0.41 and ready to hold for very long time, possibly 5-10 years until my price target is met, before i offload. This is still a risky bet. As usual, DD is required before investing in any stock.

Bonne chance!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.