Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (612078 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by megamart247(m): 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
Highlyfavoured3:
Trading 212 is requesting for TIN, please where can I get this?

Input your international passport no

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Highlyfavoured3: 6:16am On Aug 25, 2020
megamart247:

Input your international passport no
Thank you
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by BLAQBOYFLY(m): 9:57am On Aug 25, 2020
No offence but this is very bad information. Your bull sentiment for Apple is wrong because at $500 per share you have to come up with something better than iphone as the reason apple isn't overvalued. The iphone is no longer the future of Apple & they don't even sell as much as before as growth is dwindling. With the issues in china still unresolved,apple would loose market share in china if trump moves ahead with banning Wechat because the app is just about everything for china. Apple's services is good but a lot of companies are fighting the 30% App store commission apple charges right now. at $500 a lot of things are priced in at this point & the thing to look at is how much growth can they make both in the mobile % PC industry. Yes,their phone is good but that is not even a good reason to Buy their stock at $500 & the iphone is not the number 1 best selling phone in the world. Samsung & Huawei are ahead in terms of sales & would continue to take market share as long as they have high quality phones for good prices which is why the Iphone SE was released. Even in the PC section the macbook still come in behind heavyweights like Dell HP & Lenovo in PC shipments & they would continue to eat up market share as they make PC more affordable. The question is at $500 is the room for growth going to justify buying this stock at this price? You all need to understand that investing is not about whether Steve jobs is alive or not or looking at the brains behind the company. information here should be backed by research & Fundamentals& i for one believe that if you don't have over $10,000 to invest you should be looking companies with room for growth & undervalued companies.

Imagine mentioning SpaceX a totally different company to Tesla & i believe people blindly invest or buy into the Tesla hype because they see elon musk as this person that would bring this & that to the auto industry. Lemme Reiterate that while Tesla & Elon musk are revolutionizing the electric auto industry,a lot of automakers are closely behind & a lot can change in a short period of time. Also self driving tech has been banned in Europe,mainly in Germany & they do not & would not use it for the foreseeable future. Tesla is simply overvalued & you're basically risking your money buying into it at $2000 & i won't even advice buying or touching Tesla if you trade CFD except you're day trading & know what you're doing. You guys also need to know that the economic dangers that can come out of this virus is not over yet & if things spiral down again even at a 10-15% rate,a lot of overpriced stocks would take the biggest hit because people would take profits Fast!.

If you're new to trading or investing in general,you need to start from understanding value investing. start by looking at companies balance sheets,price to earnings ratio,price to earnings growth & the fundamentals so you can easily on your own understand when a company is overvalued,undervalued & has a good enough room for growth. Also small capital traders need to do away with popular stocks as a lot of them are inflated right now. Now am not saying that Apple cannot get to $550 or $600 or that Tesla cannot get to even $3000, am simply saying know enough to be able to measure upside & downside risks & see if you're willing to BUY.
proprp:
For those that feel Apple might be overvalued, I say with Apple you can't just look at fundamentals alone. iPhone changed the mobile device industry when it was released and has been able to maintain its lead till date. Those that have used iPhone/iOS can attest to its usability compared to others/android OS. So the product itself is a buy for most. Then if you add the services they offer to compliment the their hardware you should be able to comprehend how valuable the company is. In my option Apple would be worth more today if Jobs was alive because a lot of people believed in his vision. In summary whilst looking at the fundamentals is important, it is also important to research the brains behind the company.

As for our Tesla, I do agree the stock is currently overvalued but Elon Musk is a different breed and I understand why some people might buy in his vision. Even if other auto makers start making electric cars, I don't think they can compete with Tesla, yet, in terms of specification. In addition, Tesla's battery & software seems to be top at the moment and when 5G is fully rolled over and countries start approving self driving cars I think Tesla's stock would shoot up again.

Let's see what happens when Space X goes public!!

10 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by smitten99: 10:52am On Aug 25, 2020
Good morning All

Please which cards are u using to fund via GPay

My GT Card is throwing Declined Card Transaction – DCC Restriction

Thanks in advance
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by proprp: 1:07pm On Aug 25, 2020
You've simply misunderstood my analysis. No one said research, DD, financials, fundamentals, etc aren't important. What I said those factors shouldn't only be the things to look at. It is important to also consider the CEO and the product/service it self. iPhone sales has reduced 2% but has room to grow again when 5G is fully rolled out or if Apple decides to lower iPhone price (this I believe would boost demand and increase profit). Apple in general has more loyalty / customer retention compared to other phone makers. iOS is my "Personal Opinion" is the BEST mobile phone OS and that is only available on iPhone. Trump has said Apple doesn't have to remove Wechat from Chinese Appstore so less risk there. In my personal opinion I don't expect a lot of people to stop using a device because of unavailability of 1 App, that has alternatives. But hey, I might be wrong. Apple still has room to go into more consumer devices, etc a TV etc, or better yet an electric car (who knows). In reference to Apple's 30% Appstore fee, as you might be aware the judge ruled against EPIC. A 7 to 1 Apple stock was split was done in 2014, Apple stock price of $133.00 in 2015 is now worth $500 in 2020. So it is fair to expect that after this month's 4 to 1 stock split there would be another room for growth in Apple stock over the years.

I mentioned Space X because of what Elon and his team have accomplished so far. Virgin Galactic hasn't made same progress as Space X in space exploration so I gave Elon some kudos.

When it comes to Electric Cars, some other car maker CEO also give credit to Elon on his accomplishments thus far with Tesla and as for banning for banning of Self driving cars, as I said this might changed when 5G is fully rolled out, countries start modifying cities to be smart cities and advancement is the technologies required to make it safer. Some countries are already testing self driving trucks and delivery cars. When it comes to technology and its pace of growth, there is nothing like "would not use it for the foreseeable future".

I am not an expert smiley so please no one should take my analysis (or believe it) as evidence to invest in ANY COMPANY Stock.

Just sharing the little knowledge I have.

BLAQBOYFLY:
No offence but this is very bad information. Your bull sentiment for Apple is wrong because at $500 per share you have to come up with something better than iphone as the reason apple isn't overvalued. The iphone is no longer the future of Apple & they don't even sell as much as before as growth is dwindling. With the issues in china still unresolved,apple would loose market share in china if trump moves ahead with banning Wechat because the app is just about everything for china. Apple's services is good but a lot of companies are fighting the 30% App store commission apple charges right now. at $500 a lot of things are priced in at this point & the thing to look at is how much growth can they make both in the mobile % PC industry. Yes,their phone is good but that is not even a good reason to Buy their stock at $500 & the iphone is not the number 1 best selling phone in the world. Samsung & Huawei are ahead in terms of sales & would continue to take market share as long as they have high quality phones for good prices which is why the Iphone SE was released. Even in the PC section the macbook still come in behind heavyweights like Dell HP & Lenovo in PC shipments & they would continue to eat up market share as they make PC more affordable. The question is at $500 is the room for growth going to justify buying this stock at this price? You all need to understand that investing is not about whether Steve jobs is alive or not or looking at the brains behind the company. information here should be backed by research & Fundamentals& i for one believe that if you don't have over $10,000 to invest you should be looking companies with room for growth & undervalued companies.

Imagine mentioning SpaceX a totally different company to Tesla & i believe people blindly invest or buy into the Tesla hype because they see elon musk as this person that would bring this & that to the auto industry. Lemme Reiterate that while Tesla & Elon musk are revolutionizing the electric auto industry,a lot of automakers are closely behind & a lot can change in a short period of time. Also self driving tech has been banned in Europe,mainly in Germany & they do not & would not use it for the foreseeable future. Tesla is simply overvalued & you're basically risking your money buying into it at $2000 & i won't even advice buying or touching Tesla if you trade CFD except you're day trading & know what you're doing. You guys also need to know that the economic dangers that can come out of this virus is not over yet & if things spiral down again even at a 10-15% rate,a lot of overpriced stocks would take the biggest hit because people would take profits Fast!.

If you're new to trading or investing in general,you need to start from understanding value investing. start by looking at companies balance sheets,price to earnings ratio,price to earnings growth & the fundamentals so you can easily on your own understand when a company is overvalued,undervalued & has a good enough room for growth. Also small capital traders need to do away with popular stocks as a lot of them are inflated right now. Now am not saying that Apple cannot get to $550 or $600 or that Tesla cannot get to even $3000, am simply saying know enough to be able to measure upside & downside risks & see if you're willing to BUY.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Hottdawgg: 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
Apple has taken a 2% hit today. I am done. I think the blood letting of this fat cow just begun. 70% value appreciation in 7% is more than good enough for me.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ablejoe(m): 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
AGBELOBA LOKO 3.0 REBRANDED INVESTMENT with 50% ROI in 12months.

OXFORD INT'L GROUP, Nigeria's most diversified and conglomerate business empire in Nigeria with over 180 Companies operational and 20 member companies with an asset base of over 70 Billions in just in REAL ESTATE BUSINESS, having over 36 Estate locations within Lagos, Ogun State, Ibadan, Portharcourt(P/H) and Owerri Imo State.

OXFORD INT'L GROUP presents AGBELOBA LOKO 3.0 Rebranded Investment, an Agricultural Investment opportunity, offering a whopping 50% ROI in 12 months on investment.

Our PEPPER FARMLAND is on 100 Hectares of Land located in Ijako Isale, Off Aiyetoro, Opposite Ogun-Osun River Basin, Ogun State Nigeria.

Enjoy 24/7 access to Clients management team, secured investment, insured investment and amazing Return On Investment (ROI) with no risk.

*HOW TO GET STARTED*
1. Fill our Investment Form
2. Submit to us
3. Pay investment sum
4. Receive welcome pack(Post-Dated Cheque and Document).
5. Watch your investment grow.

For more details, Call/Whatsapp: my signature
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hottdawgg:
Apple has taken a 2% hit today. I am done. I think the blood letting of this fat cow just begun. 70% value appreciation in 7% is more than good enough for me.

Please write for the children to understand.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lastclaire4(f): 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
geloorrrrdd:
Hello, guys. I recently came across this thread and I must admit, this thread has been quite educative and enlightening.

How about we create a WhatsApp group where we can easily share ideas and thoughts concerning stocks?

What do you guys think?

Hi dearie, you were only able to find the thread because we did not take ourselves to WhatsApp. Is there anything stopping us from asking questions or sharing ideas here?

The fastest way to limit ideas is creating WhatsApp group. Threads flowing with information are the ones without WhatsApp group. Let's not limit ourselves.

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
Almost every company is taking a hit.
Hottdawgg:
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by proprp: 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2020
Apple reportedly acquired VR startup Spaces as it continues its buying spree and foray into virtual and augmented reality. https://www.businessinsider.com/apple-acquires-spaces-virtual-reality-buying-spree-2020-8?r=US&IR=T
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
Chai see how fastly is running today after I sold my calls for a $200 loss, I regained a little in ibio calls and spaq thankfully
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 4:23pm On Aug 25, 2020
cry cry
ebuka1997:
Chai see how fastly is running today after I sold my calls for a $200 loss, I regained a little in ibio calls and spaq thankfully
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
Skymoore1004:
cry cry

Calls are wicked shocked I feel fastly was manipulation tho, institutions shook off weak hands by pushing the price low yesterday and now they’re letting it run.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2020
I’m even crying because of the amount of loss you stated. Losing $50 dey even give me headache. E get one rubbish stock I immediately enter & I’m already at $72 loss. Fever sef dey catch me grin grin
ebuka1997:

Calls are wicked shocked I feel fastly was manipulation tho, institutions shook off weak hands by pushing the price low yesterday and now they’re letting it run.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lancee(m): 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2020
NIO , WHKS , doing good today ..SHLL on slight pull back
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by proprp: 7:01pm On Aug 25, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2020
Dear Profs...

Is NVAX to be sold? I am down 18% ooo embarassed
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by proprp: 8:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sonnie10: 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hottdawgg:

No, I am holding till after the split. After which price would be cheap, affordable and more attractive , demand would increase and price will start moving up again. At split price of say $100, Apple might hit $150 in less than a month after the split. I am aware of fractional share but majority of foreign investors like those in Nigeria do not have that option. Once the price become affordable. they will all get on board.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sonnie10: 9:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
sonnie10:
Don’t tell people what to do or what not to do. Do yours and let people do theirs.
Personally, I read all the posts here, gain some ideas and act on them or disregard them as the case may. Understandably not everyone has certain level of financial discipline or discretion. For those, the first rule of thumb should be that investment in stocks is not a get rich quick thing.
Presently, I did NIO from advice here, in that I am at down ( trading patience on this) also I did Nikola from advice here, with that I am up. No blames, no praises.
Any adult is supposed to bear or enjoy the outcomes of their individual choices.
I am not sure if there is any incentive for people to be sneaky here with advice.
However, that is not to say that I don’t suspect that some of those who comment here might not be agents for the fintechs in Nigeria. As this is the only rational reason someone might want to paint a rosy picture. But how would they even know who will go with what fintech? The other one might be ego boosting, but what does it profit in a faceless forum? The third one, which is an unfounded suspicion is that, someone might do that to attract potential “clients” - the “ I sent you a private message crews” . Those ones I pity the most.
Finally, this thread has been my best on NL

NIO up by 22% since yesterday

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2020
sonnie10:

No, I am holding till after the split. After which price would be cheap, affordable and more attractive , demand would increase and price will start moving up again. At split price of say $100, Apple might hit $150 in less than a month after the split. I am aware of fractional share but majority of foreign investors like those in Nigeria do not have that option. Once the price become affordable. they will all get on board.

After split price won’t be $100, It May be more than that based on its price now
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seakomol: 5:21am On Aug 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sonnie10: 5:30am On Aug 26, 2020
ebuka1997:

After split price won’t be $100, It May be more than that based on its price now
My comment was a worst case scenario analogy
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 11:43am On Aug 26, 2020
Hottdawgg:

Congrats bro, but the market does not move on a straight line.
Am sure your 70% wasn't a straight line either.
Las las it closed taking a hit of just 0.82%.

But most importantly for me, it's very good that you arrived safely at your bus stop.
Congrats again.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 11:45am On Aug 26, 2020
Skymoore1004:
I’m even crying because of the amount of loss you stated. Losing $50 dey even give me headache. E get one rubbish stock I immediately enter & I’m already at $72 loss. Fever sef dey catch me grin grin

Baba relax.
Am sure you are kidding though.
It's a zero sum game.
Am sure you are making a killing elsewhere. grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 11:47am On Aug 26, 2020
lastclaire4:

Hi dearie, you were only able to find the thread because we did not take ourselves to WhatsApp. Is there anything stopping us from asking questions or sharing ideas here?

The fastest way to limit ideas is creating WhatsApp group. Threads flowing with information are the ones without WhatsApp group. Let's not limit ourselves.

Endorsed!

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 11:50am On Aug 26, 2020
proprp:
Apple reportedly acquired VR startup Spaces as it continues its buying spree and foray into virtual and augmented reality. https://www.businessinsider.com/apple-acquires-spaces-virtual-reality-buying-spree-2020-8?r=US&IR=T

Well done bro.
These are the details that makes some of us come to the conclusion on Apple.

They can do a whole lot with their cash reserve, and being a very meticulous establishment, you can trust they won't mess around and watch other techs fly past them.

Innovation is in them. That is a powerful intangible asset invisible to the naked eyes.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
BLAQBOYFLY:

Bro, you dey vex? grin
Your initial parapraghs look like say you dey para oh. But when I land for your last paragraph na there I agree with you.

Am doing this rejoinder because I am one of those who have eulogised Apple for its outstanding fundamentals.

We all make our investment decisions and invest in a company or decline based on the information available to us per time. And I see nothing wrong with that.

If I was to decide if Apple was a good investment, and the iPhone is the only available reason to me, I would decline.

But based on the information available to me, Apple is still a very good buy at $500 for the long term. This doesn't mean that it won't decline below $500 along the line. What finally matters is how long the investor is investing.

The following are the basis of my judgement:

1. Google pays Apple about $8 billion annually to be the default search engine on iPhones and other Apple devices.

2. As at May this year, Apple had a cash pile of $192 billion! As at then, that was enough to buy all of the entire Tesla shares at $800, Netflix at $420 and Disney at $106 all together!
If you are in business you will understand what a sound footing they are in, to be in that much cash and still running while others are borrowing and running their businesses in debts.

3. Apple services alone on cloud, iTunes, and apps is worth $60 billion in revenues!

4. How about Morgan Stanley's latest report this week as attached below that even at $2 Trillion, Apple is cheap?

This is in no way an attempt to convince anyone beyond what they want to hold unto, but an attempt to put the records straight as much as I know of.

I will welcome any further knowledge sharing from anyone as well.
That's why we are here.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nna777: 12:35pm On Aug 26, 2020
InaNla:
Dear Profs...

Is NVAX to be sold? I am down 18% ooo embarassed

I am also at a 7% loss

There is nothing wrong with the stock fundamentally. Technically, it has been ranging btw 110 and 150 for sometime now. So profit taking is expected combined with panic sellers, day traders etc.

Am holding long term though. So am observing till Friday, if it dips below 100 will buy and average down.

18% cry cryThat means you bought btw 130 and 140??
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2020
nna777:

I am also at a 7% loss

There is nothing wrong with the stock fundamentally. Technically, it has been ranging btw 110 and 150 for sometime now. So profit taking is expected combined with panic sellers, day traders etc.

Am holding long term though. So am observing till Friday, if it dips below 100 will buy and average down.

18% cry cryThat means you bought btw 130 and 140??

yes, my average is 140.5$ down by 190$....

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.