Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (613019 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:13am On Mar 12, 2020
I am getting tired of the incessant ban by the moderators.
I posted earnings update for the week and the post was taken down and a ban placed since Sunday!
Moderators check your system and deactivate this endless automatic ban on my account.
It is denying forum members useful information that could have helped them make profitable investment decisions.
This is counter-productive!!!

7 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Japhet31: 7:07am On Mar 12, 2020
YerYer:

Following. Hope to learn along the way.

Good to know you are still here buddy....

How's work and life

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:32am On Mar 12, 2020
kenneth6901:
Great forecasters in the house, what are the top value/growth stocks under $10? I intend to buy and resell even if I could make 5% gain off it..

Good to have a strategy as you have outlined.
Investing for minimum 5% profit per trade is still very possible, but that will require very close attention in almost per minute basis in these volatile times.
The safety nest however is the condition that they should be value/growth stocks.
However, most growth stocks are not normally that cheap as they hover around $50-$100 or more but value stocks can be that low.

In any case, here are a few under-10's that may fit your criteria.
INO - $8.37
APLE - $10.56 (Note that this is Apple Hospitality REIT, not the popular iPhone manufacturer)
NIO - $3.32
TOCA - $1.55
PLUG z $ 3.78

I made $300 when I bought INO just yesterday and will watch to see if I should sell today or let in some more gains.
In this season of fear and panic sell-off's, you are advised to look very well before you leap.
Due diligence strongly advised.

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by cj4humanity: 1:08pm On Mar 12, 2020
OakPearl:

I posted earnings update for the week and the post was taken down and a ban placed since Sunday!
Moderators check your system and deactivate this endless automatic ban on my account.
It is denying forum members useful information that could have helped them make profitable investment decisions.
Welcome back champ!

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 2:44pm On Mar 12, 2020
budaatum:

All the blaming is conspiracy. No one intentionally created and dispersed this virus. In future though, it will become a tool of terrorists. And the media is in no way blowing this out of proportion, though that's Trump's claim. It is not media that's increasing infection and death numbers, nor is it media causing oil price drops. In fact, most investors knew the market was an unsustainable bubble and Covid19 is just the needle that's burst it.

You are right. Look where we are now. Lord help us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 2:46pm On Mar 12, 2020
OakPearl:

Try emailing them, that's odd
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 2:48pm On Mar 12, 2020
Japhet31:

Good to know you are still here buddy....

How's work and life

Doing well bro. Hope same for you
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 2:58pm On Mar 12, 2020
I picked up a short position in Disney two days ago and its I'm up 149%. VXX up 730%. RIP to my Moderna (MRNA) position.

I'm really loving ZOOM (ZM) here (not the other zoom whose stock symbol is ZOOM), the stock has been resilient and will be in so much demand now movements are coming to a halt.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abuhusna1: 3:11pm On Mar 12, 2020
It's seems bamboo is not flexible with withdrawing as I sold since yesterday and trying to withdraw into my account but it's not going through but when I sold on trove same day I got my money back.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by thesilentone(m): 3:58pm On Mar 12, 2020
YerYer:

I honestly didn't check their debt levels, but now you mention it, I will look into it. Thanks

Just checking if you have had time to take a look at this? I am looking more at the airlines just like our 'grandfather'.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by cj4humanity: 4:38pm On Mar 12, 2020
YerYer:
I picked up a short position in Disney two days ago and its I'm up 149%. VXX up 730%. RIP to my Moderna (MRNA) position.

I'm really loving ZOOM (ZM) here (not the other zoom whose stock symbol is ZOOM), the stock has been resilient and will be in so much demand now movements are coming to a halt.
Wow what a huge gain... Congrats bro but you get mind o

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 4:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
thesilentone:

Just checking if you have had time to take a look at this? I am looking more at the airlines just like our 'grandfather'.

I just checked now and it's not so bad. Their debt to equity ratio is currently 6.58 or lower than 90% of companies in the credit space.

Honestly If you are a long term investor, even buying stocks last week where prices were higher than they are today still wouldnt be a bad entry point when you look back a year from now. Long term investors shouldn't worry about all the noise in the market. I have my retirement and long term accounts I put money into every pay period, I hardly sell and usually buy the dips. So to answer your question, buying the airlines at these levels wouldnt be so bad but strongly believe we will have opportunities to buy them cheaper. Warren Buffet has the cash to provide a low interest loan to the airlines in exchange for stock equity at a lower price. This is the same thing he did in 2011 when his company Berkshire provided Bank of America a $5 billion relief in exchange of $5 billion worth of stock at $7.14 a peice plus a 6% yield. BAC stock price was as high as $35 last month, the $5 billion investment was worth $25 billion at one point and that's not including the compound dividend yield.

All I'm saying is we will get better opportunities to buy the most affected stocks like the cruise lines, airlines, entertainment industries retail and even the energy stocks.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by thesilentone(m): 5:11pm On Mar 12, 2020
YerYer:

I just checked now and it's not so bad. Their debt to equity ratio is currently 6.58 or lower than 90% of companies in the credit space.

Honestly If you are a long term investor, even buying stocks last week where prices were higher than they are today still wouldnt be a bad entry point when you look back a year from now. Long term investors shouldn't worry about all the noise in the market. I have my retirement and long term accounts I put money into every pay period, I hardly sell and usually buy the dips. So to answer your question, buying the airlines at these levels wouldnt be so bad but strongly believe we will have opportunities to buy them cheaper. Warren Buffet has the cash to provide a low interest loan to the airlines in exchange for stock equity at a lower price. This is the same thing he did in 2011 when his company Berkshire provided Bank of America a $5 billion relief in exchange of $5 billion worth of stock at $7.14 a peice plus a 6% yield. BAC stock price was as high as $35 last month, the $5 billion investment was worth $25 billion at one point and that's not including the compound dividend yield.

All I'm saying is we will get better opportunities to buy the most affected stocks like the cruise lines, airlines, entertainment industries retail and even the energy stocks.

I appreciate your detailed response, it provides room for learning. My primary concern was when you posted that it is on your long term watchlist. The ROE for this stock is good but their debt remains a worry for me. I appreciate that there are several ways to skin a cat (metaphorically) when it comes to analyzing stocks. It is a red flag for me when I find that it would take a company more than 3 years to pay off its Long Term debt with last years' earnings for a Long term strategy.

The bolded is sound advice as well. Coat-tailing the most famous investor still breathing is never a bad strategy.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ArcFresky(m): 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2020
OakPearl:

I made $300 when I bought INO just yesterday and will watch to see if I should sell today or let in some more gains.
In this season of fear and panic sell-off's, you are advised to look very well before you leap.
Due diligence strongly advised.

started following INO, its actually my first time investing.... but I saw a few messages.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/03/11/why-inovio-pharmaceuticals-stock-is-skyrocketing-t.aspx

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by cj4humanity: 5:29pm On Mar 12, 2020
thesilentone:

I appreciate your detailed response, it provides room for learning. My primary concern was when you posted that it is on your long term watchlist. The ROE for this stock is good but their debt remains a worry for me. I appreciate that there are several ways to skin a cat (metaphorically) when it comes to analyzing stocks. It is a red flag for me when I find that it would take a company more than 3 years to pay off its Long Term debt with last years' earnings for a Long term strategy.

The bolded is sound advice as well. Coat-tailing the most famous investor still breathing is never a bad strategy.
You just have to stick to your trading plan and style, in order to be successful. If a trade doesn't go well with your plan, just leave it and don't force. What works for Simbi may not work for Adamu

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 5:31pm On Mar 12, 2020
thesilentone:

I misread, their debt to equity ratio is worst than 90% of other companies in the credit space shocked Their 4.4% dividend yield and the fact that the stock price is now $48 compared to just May last year where it was $180.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 5:34pm On Mar 12, 2020
cj4humanity:

Wow what a huge gain... Congrats bro but you get mind o

Na luck bro. This market is unpredictable. But I just feel like Disney has much more to lose. They operate Parks, Cruises and make movies. If people are stuck at home out of fear of the virus, those business sectors will suffer and it will reflect in the upcoming earnings report. If they come out and announce that they will be closing Disney World in Florida, this stock will drop like a rock. There's so much fear in the market now, people overreact.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by thesilentone(m): 5:47pm On Mar 12, 2020
YerYer:

I misread, their debt to equity ratio is worst than 90% of other companies in the credit space shocked Their 4.4% dividend yield and the fact that the stock price is now $48 compared to just May last year where it was $180.

In layman terms, for our fellow readers?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by tommieen: 10:49pm On Mar 12, 2020
abuhusna1:
Why is it that its only bamboo that is mentioned in drivewealth website to bring us stock trading to Nigerians but trove is claiming to be affiliated too and I'm not seeing on the America stock broking site. Just being curious mean no arm if you know better please enlighten us

Here you go : https://finance.yahoo.com/news/drivewealth-partners-sigma-securities-trove-110000697.html and https://twitter.com/DriveWealth/status/1145692086605406209
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:39am On Mar 13, 2020
cj4humanity:

Welcome back champ!
Thanks winner!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:44am On Mar 13, 2020
YerYer:

You are right. Look where we are now. Lord help us.

It is the Lord's help that is now upon us.
The best fundamentally sound stocks coming cheaply to us in a plate.
A once in a lifetime wealth transfer opportunity.
May take another decade or more to get such opportunities in the market.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:47am On Mar 13, 2020
ArcFresky:

started following INO, its actually my first time investing.... but I saw a few messages.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/03/11/why-inovio-pharmaceuticals-stock-is-skyrocketing-t.aspx

Good to know.
After resisting the urge to sell at $300 yesterday, am now up over $700. grin

7 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:55am On Mar 13, 2020
cj4humanity:

You just have to stick to your trading plan and style, in order to be successful. If a trade doesn't go well with your plan, just leave it and don't force. What works for Simbi may not work for Adamu

Absolutely.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by GB2G: 11:54am On Mar 13, 2020
OakPearl:

Good to know.
After resisting the urge to sell at $300 yesterday, am now up over $700. grin

How do u pick these stocks? I meant your criteria for picking them?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2020
GB2G:

How do u pick these stocks? I meant your criteria for picking them?

I have a series of apps on my phone I use to track stock performances on the go.
I then create a collection of various watchlists with code names based on defined criteria and performances/behaviours.

This way, I can make a stock pick by swiftly running through fundamentals and technicals.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by xhuksy: 4:39pm On Mar 13, 2020
OakPearl:

I have a series of apps on my phone I use to track stock performances on the go.
I then create a collection of various watchlists with code names based on defined criteria and performances/behaviours.

This way, I can make a stock pick by swiftly running through fundamentals and technicals.

Could you please share with us as this will be very valuable to some of us. Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 7:58pm On Mar 13, 2020
This south dive by stocks is gaga...imagine Walt Disney under $97....a $300 or more stock....

Its like i will buy one one unit each of about 50 stocks and wait it out.....in due course...UP NORTH grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abuhusna1: 9:45pm On Mar 13, 2020
I can't thank the op of this forum enough as I made lots of profit from trading on trove. What I did was buy cheap oil and gas of less than 1 dollar and it paid of as one of them I bought with 200 dollars rose to 850 dollars

7 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abuhusna1: 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2020
One thing I got from my research is all stocks must try to move to 1 dollar else they would be delisted and this gave me the courage to move. Thanks to trove for the wonderful opportunity wutgthe app thanks to orkapearl. Stay away from bamboo app if you are a short term trader like me cos it will take like three days for your money to drop but trove is immediately

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abuhusna1: 10:18pm On Mar 13, 2020
Even my chesapeak I bought 0.17 gained 95 percent before closing of market and my portfolio I started with 500 dollar now worth 1600 dollar. If you can play a waiting game you will gain from the penny stock but don't use money you can't afford to lose

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:22pm On Mar 13, 2020
gamaliel9:
This south dive by stocks is gaga...imagine Walt Disney under $97....a $300 or more stock....

Its like i will buy one one unit each of about 50 stocks and wait it out.....in due course...UP NORTH grin grin

It's wealth transfer season.
The last time the market lost as much as it did yesterday in a trading day was in 1987!

Having said that, I have learnt this market has no respect for past performance when it decides to punish a stock.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 10:27pm On Mar 13, 2020
abuhusna1:
Even my chesapeak I bought 0.17 gained 95 percent before closing of market and my portfolio I started with 500 dollar now worth 1600 dollar. If you can play a waiting game you will gain from the penny stock but don't use money you can't afford to lose

You did not tell us when you bought,so that we key in too...now you want to PEPPER US with your gain......please stop ooooo....next time do the needful. Why are we here if not to make money?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: prodigyy(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.