Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (613596 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lafuria1(m): 11:18am On Sep 09, 2020
The thread is dry.

Let me share my experience on a particular stock that really frustrated me for 2 month plus. Just for humour.

It was during the 1st Q earnings report season back in April 2020. Various stock were listed here on this thread by our oga for interest and asked DD to be carried out. I picked datadog then, it paid out with 20% single day profit, (post earrings) I was feeling badass pro trader, I was so excited, decided to do another due diligence analysis on another stock, I picked ROKU, hmmm, that's when trouble started. Lol.

I was so confident everything will work out. I bought Roku at 134 per share. After earnings report, the stock fell to 120 (10% down) on a single day. wow, I was like this not possible na, for the next 5 days the stock crashed to 100 per share (25% down) I was seeing double (dizzy).

I was humbled. For the next 1 month the stock was a pain in my stock profile, when the overall market is green, the yeye stock will remain in red. Well One day, the stock rose up again and recovered to 134 only for it to crash back to 100 again. For two whole month, I was in red.

See wetin my over Sabi due diligence don cause .

I still kept faith, in the 3rd months, it finally recovered and crossed 134 mark into green, I celebrated o. Within a week, it rose up to 20% green ( feeling like a pro) only for it to crash back to 5% green (arrggghh). I almost gave up but still kept faith because it had good fundamentals and it was a victim of covid 19 on its revenue.

I still have the stock in my profile, I haven't reached my target yet.

Cheers.

14 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by deept(m): 11:32am On Sep 09, 2020
Someone here said you are not trading stock, you are trading patience. You only lose when you sell. But it's tough holding onto stuck in red and the market and other is going in the green direction.

That is why it's advisable timber in fundamentally sounds companies

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Coolcash1: 11:41am On Sep 09, 2020
lafuria1:
The thread is dry.

Let me share my experience on a particular stock that really frustrated me for 2 month plus. Just for humour.

Cheers.

I can relate to your story and it shows lack of plan for the trade set up. Also, your entry point was not good else you would not have bothered much about the swing. Another issue I see in your post is that you are yet to define your investing style; day, positional trader or investor. This you need to do as it will help define your AOV, define maximum loss, hodling period, exit strategy, TP signal and holding period.

Good luck.

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lafuria1(m): 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2020
Coolcash1:

I can relate to your story and it shows lack of plan for the trade set up. Also, your entry point was not good else you would not have bothered much about the swing. Another issue I see in your post is that you are yet to define your investing style; day, positional trader or investor. This you need to do as it will help define your AOV, define maximum loss, hodling period, exit strategy, TP signal and holding period.

Good luck.

Investor, I just invest, don't trade. For me personally, I hold till I make profit

You right, my entry point was my mistake, I realised it was quite expensive.

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Cara12(f): 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
lafuria1:
The thread is dry.

It was during the 1st Q earnings report season back in April 2020. Various stock were listed here on this thread by our oga for interest and asked DD to be carried out. I picked datadog then, it paid out with 20% single day profit, (post earrings) I was feeling badass pro trader, I was so excited, decided to do another due diligence analysis on another stock, I picked ROKU, hmmm, that's when trouble started. Lol.

I was so confident everything will work out. I bought Roku at 134 per share. After earnings report, the stock fell to 120 (10% down) on a single day. wow, I was like this not possible na, for the next 5 days the stock crashed to 100 per share (25% down) I was seeing double (dizzy).

I was humbled. For the next 1 month the stock was a pain in my stock profile, when the overall market is green, the yeye stock will remain in red. Well One day, the stock rose up again and recovered to 134 only for it to crash back to 100 again. For two whole month, I was in red.

See wetin my over Sabi due diligence don cause .

I still kept faith, in the 3rd months, it finally recovered and crossed 134 mark into green, I celebrated o. Within a week, it rose up to 20% green ( feeling like a pro) only for it to crash back to 5% green (arrggghh). I almost gave up but still kept faith because it had good fundamentals and it was a victim of covid 19 on its revenue.

I still have the stock in my profile, I haven't reached my target yet.

Cheers.

Lol... I can relate with that cuz I'm in dis exact situation. I've come to realize dat one shouldn't expect to make a huge profit in one trade. 5% profit here and there could add up to that target profit u have in mind.

It's obvious that I didn't have any clear entry and exit strategies in my previous trades. Dat's all a thing of d past nw. Once I manage to exit dis current trade, I'ld start incorporating technical indicators in my entries and exits. Most importantly, I wld try not to be greedy anymore cuz dat was my undoing!

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2020
ebuka1997:

They apparently plan to introduce low cost bikes which would make it more affordable for low income customers. This is positive.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/peloton-planning-new-higher-end-spin-bike-and-cheaper-version-of-its-treadmill-report-2020-09-04

You are right. They announced it yesterday and the stock popped. It's up today as well
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2020
BLAQBOYFLY:
I have a trading pattern i use when i want to invest in a stock with leverage but the stock might go down especially during a selling period. if you've already opened a long position & see that the stock is trailing down faster than expected,instead of waiting to BUY the DIP you should simply open a SHORT position on the same stock equivalent or greater than your original long position quantity,that way you're not loosing on subsequent downturn but must know when to close said short position to begin the journey long. A lot of people using leverage need to learn how to short a stock,it doesn't always go UP especially when the market is this volatile.

That's actually a good strategy. I usually don't short stocks but, I see the logic in your approach. I will use it going forward
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2020
YerYer:

You are right. They announced it yesterday and the stock popped. It's up today as well

It’ll definitely break 90 and run into earnings then crash after
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2020
Intra-Cellular Therapies (ITCI) +66.68%

Nawa oo

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Bumiite: 3:41pm On Sep 09, 2020
BLAQBOYFLY:
I have a trading pattern i use when i want to invest in a stock with leverage but the stock might go down especially during a selling period. if you've already opened a long position & see that the stock is trailing down faster than expected,instead of waiting to BUY the DIP you should simply open a SHORT position on the same stock equivalent or greater than your original long position quantity,that way you're not loosing on subsequent downturn but must know when to close said short position to begin the journey long. A lot of people using leverage need to learn how to short a stock,it doesn't always go UP especially when the market is this volatile.

Please, I use Trove, there's no way to sell/short a stock there.

Does Chaka or Bamboo allows such?

House please do you know trading platforms that allows shorting/selling of stocks, or even Put options?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by KingMoney(m): 3:52pm On Sep 09, 2020
4Play:

I think Boeing will track airline stocks. I am not investing in airlines or Boeing as I am not convinced how all this will play out. Even if people start flying again, at what capacity do airlines become profitable as it's might not be enough for 80-90% of passengers to return. The airline industry is a low margin business so anything short of full capacity is hardly profitable. These stocks are for people playing short-term bounces and with an appetite for risk.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by BLAQBOYFLY(m): 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2020
i use 3 brokers: Charles Schwabb,Etoro & trading212. Schwabb is for options & long term hold say 4yrs & i only buy very young companies after doing some serious DD. Etoro is mainly for buying & selling & have had them for years & my trading212 acct is about 3 months old & i use them because they enabled pro account for me which means more leverage for daytrading.
Bumiite:

Please, I use Trove, there's no way to sell/short a stock there.

Does Chaka or Bamboo allows such?

House please do you know trading platforms that allows shorting/selling of stocks, or even Put options?

Thanks in anticipation

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Hedgefunds: 8:22pm On Sep 09, 2020
BLAQBOYFLY:
i use 3 brokers: Charles Schwabb,Etoro & trading212. Schwabb is for options & long term hold say 4yrs & i only buy very young companies after doing some serious DD. Etoro is mainly for buying & selling & have had them for years & my trading212 acct is about 3 months old & i use them because they enabled pro account for me which means more leverage for daytrading.

Does etoro or schwab accept reg from nig?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Luckymama: 9:59pm On Sep 09, 2020
Make I jump enter with both feet. Twale to all the Ogas and Madams on this wonderful thread. I have been looking for this kind of information for a long time.

Complete novice here. I have no idea about fundamentals and how to do financial analysis. The only thing I know is that the best time to buy is during a recession, lol. And I know I don’t have mind for trading so I am just on the look out for quality stock to buy and forget about for the next 5 to 10 years.

Anyway I have read the entire thread and I really thank all the selfless contributors who give out this information for free.

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Samchi4christ(m): 12:51am On Sep 10, 2020
Started investing in Us stocks via bamboo,l pray to land safely
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Incips: 2:21am On Sep 10, 2020
Welcome, I am folowing you to learn somthing new here
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by otomatic(m): 8:31am On Sep 10, 2020
I think guys should use platforms that allow you trade cfd too. When the market tanked last week, I went short on tesla stock and that way recovered my losses and made some more on Tuesday. Since yesterday, I've been long and building my capital gradually. Quite risky stuff but worth it if you learn.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Willie2015: 9:27am On Sep 10, 2020
Hedgefunds:

Etoro accept Nigerians...
Schwab reject reg from Naija..
I use Chaka, Trading212 & Etoro..
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Luckymama: 10:33am On Sep 10, 2020
Willie2015:

Good morning all. To those using trading212, please are there specific bank that work? Trying to fund my account via gpay but it keeps rejecting my first bank card and GTBank cards. Which card have you found successful?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by BLAQBOYFLY(m): 10:37am On Sep 10, 2020
Etoro yes,schwab No.
Hedgefunds:

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Bumiite: 11:17am On Sep 10, 2020
BLAQBOYFLY:

Thank you Sir for your response.

Schwabb on my mind since you said you use it for Options. But they don't accept Nigerians.

Since Etoro accepts Nigerians, can I do Options/CFD Trading on Etoro & is the method of deposit easy? unlike Trading 212 that deposit means is difficult.

Thanks again.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by karferguso(m): 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2020
Luckymama:

Good morning all. To those using trading212, please are there specific bank that work? Trying to fund my account via gpay but it keeps rejecting my first bank card and GTBank cards. Which card have you found successful?
Are you able to add successfully to Gpay or is it at the point of paying on T212?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 3:20pm On Sep 10, 2020
As green come manage show, I greet everyone ooo
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 10, 2020
FOR NIKOLA HOPEFUL
LL
Short seller Hindenburg Research published a report on electric truck maker Nikola Inc. on Thursday, accusing it of being an "intricate fraud" built on lies told by its Founder and Executive Chairman Trevor Milton over many years. Nikola shares fell 9% on the news. "We have gathered extensive evidence-including recorded phone calls, text messages, private emails and behind-the-scenes photographs-detailing dozens of false statements by Nikola Founder Trevor Milton," said the report. "We have never seen this level of deception at a public company, especially of this size." Nikola has misled partners by making false claims about the company's technology, including its hydrogen fuel cell batteries, which Hindenburg says never existed. The company is now planning to use General Motors Co. battery technology after signing a deal with GM this week, under which it will issue $2 billion of new shares to GM. "Nikola has been vetted by some of the world's most credible companies and investors," a spokeswoman said in emailed comments. "We are on a path to success and will not waver based on a report filled with misleading information attempting to manipulate our stock."
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Luckymama: 5:11pm On Sep 10, 2020
karferguso:

Are you able to add successfully to Gpay or is it at the point of paying on T212?

While trying to add to Gpay. It keeps telling me to try another card or correct an error.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by karferguso(m): 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2020
Luckymama:

While trying to add to Gpay. It keeps telling me to try another card or correct an error.
I didn't encounter such. I was able to add my Zenith bank and GTB dollar card
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2020
Willie2015:

Sorry chief.
Are there fees associated with Etoro?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2020
APRN is up 11.07% waiting patiently?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Hedgefunds: 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2020
karferguso:

I didn't encounter such. I was able to add my Zenith bank and GTB dollar card

Am new to googlepay, Pls must the card be USD or i can use naira card which
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by karferguso(m): 7:37pm On Sep 10, 2020
Hedgefunds:

Am new to googlepay, Pls must the card be USD or i can use naira card which
Both worked for me
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Luckymama: 4:39am On Sep 11, 2020
karferguso:

I can’t add them on Gpay
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:56am On Sep 11, 2020
TransAtlanticEx

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: Lexusgs430, Mkay15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.