Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (613062 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sholyb1: 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
How can I reach you please, I like to learn more on this
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
Wow...wow...wow.
Been off line at remote a location.
Glad to meet a very rich conversation about market direction. They are all absolutely appreciated and welcome.

I generally think we have seen the worst in March.
That said, caution should not be thrown in the wind.

We were here and saw that even in March, money was still being made with careful application of market fluctuations/tools and experience. The same is applicable in every pullback/fluctuations.

Sometimes, a specific sector crashes the index like we are seeing with techs now. While all this is happening, the tourism and travel sector is picking up with CCL, NCLH, DAL, AZUL, etc.

A careful earnings play can also generate some cool profits.
My point is, in the midst of all these, there is still money to be made with careful consideration.

May the new week usher us into great things.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
Any hint on ' just energy' here?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 10:29pm On Sep 13, 2020
OakPearl:
Wow...wow...wow.
Glad to meet a very rich conversation about market direction. They are all absolutely appreciated and welcome.

We were here and saw that even in March, money was still being made with careful application of market fluctuations/tools and experience. The same is applicable in every pullback/fluctuations.

Sometimes, a specific sector crashes the index like we are seeing with techs now. While all this is happening, the tourism and travel sector is picking up with CCL, NCLH, DAL, AZUL, etc.

My point is, in the midst of all these, there is still money to be made with careful consideration.

don't tell me u also work in remote offshore Riggs. That's back to back hit men
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

You said you added Gamestop on the 8th of September.

Hope you have taken your loss? grin grin

Gamestop is going to $2. And you are entering it at 7 to 8.

oga u don join here? Lol
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 13, 2020

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 12:04am On Sep 14, 2020
4Play:

It's obvious from your posts that you have 2 severe shortcomings: investing experience and comprehension ability.

You haven't been in the market long enough to realise how difficult stock picking is and to acquaint yourself with the fact that passive investing, what you call an extremely conservative approach, is to the contrary, a very common and popular approach.

My stating that investing in indexes has been proven to be a better way to invest for retail investors isn't simply a stylistic preference. It's similar to saying that driving without seat belt (stock picking) increases the chances of harm than with seat belt (index investing).

For me, I've got a relatively small amount of my investing capital (about 10%) in stock investments mainly for the fun of it and to potentially benefit from that minuscule possibility that I might hit pay dirt.

So I always insist at every opportunity that people shouldn't hang too much hope that they will enjoy fantastic success in stock investments in the long run. Do it as a diversification/fun play with money that won't affect the quality of your life if lost. 2 of the most successful investors ever - Warren Buffett and George Soros - only made 20% per annum returns over 40 years. The chances that anyone here will come close to that is very slim. Not one person on here who has a contrary view to me on this has a long-term track record of success in picking stocks. You can't say something works when none of you have done it for long! It's all people who started dabbling in the markets in the last few months or years and believe I am preaching against their destiny to become rich.

Basing decisions on actual evidence is what we as Nigerians should inculcate. This is the building block of progress and how knowledge and life improves.

Interesting

Tho I agree that index funds is a good way to start

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by BullBearMkt(m): 12:09am On Sep 14, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

You go send people go Golgotha o. grin grin

240 is a good price for bargain hunters.

When it starts to rain, it will flood badly.

When a tsunami hits shore, superyatch o, canoe o, bamboo raft o, all gets smashed.
...definitely my post is not for those who don't understand sector rotation and swing trading on NYSE
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 5:27am On Sep 14, 2020
I'm willing to work 18 hours a day on my own business for less rather than 8 hours for someone else for more. I rather build my own business empire from scarch .
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:34am On Sep 14, 2020
BullBearMkt:

...definitely my post is not for those who don't understand sector rotation and swing trading on NYSE
grin grin grin grin grin

The bolded if successfully done excellently is what makes money making possible all year round irrespective of the general trend of the industrial indexes.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:40am On Sep 14, 2020
BREAKING!!!
Oracle beats Microsoft as the winning bidder for TikTok U.S.

Owning TikTok would have given Microsoft access to an addictive video-sharing app used by more than 100 million in the U.S.

Could this have Oracle enjoy a brief rally?
We watch.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 7:50am On Sep 14, 2020
OakPearl:
BREAKING!!!
Oracle beats Microsoft as the winning bidder for TikTok U.S.

Owning TikTok would have given Microsoft access to an addictive video-sharing app used by more than 100 million in the U.S.

Could this have Oracle enjoy a brief rally?
We watch.

My plan then was to own both $MSFT and Oracle. Whichever wins.

Money good sha.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by tommieen: 7:52am On Sep 14, 2020
Hello Family,

First off, we thought about YOU, our #TroveTribe, and we are happy to announce that there is no longer a $2 fee or trade minimum when trading using Trove. You only pay a flat 1% when trading now whether you are placing a $5 or $500 trade

Don’t Go Yet, There Is More!!!

As part of our continued effort to help you make more informed investment decisions, today we’re introducing a new product to empower investors of all skill levels to take better control of their investments.

Introducing Trove Plus : Your Personal Technical Analyst

Trove + is a set of advanced trading tools that help you spot investment opportunities, understand your portfolio better and ultimately maximize your chances of beating the market.

Curious about the perks that come with Trove Plus. Well, here are a couple

Daily Trade Ideas : We send you a list of 3 stocks we are bullish and 3 we are bearish on for the day to your inbox before markets open. The ideas are based on Technical Events identified by our renowned research partner. Every financial instrument is analyzed after every market close to confirm whether a new chart pattern has formed or technical indicator has triggered a signal, giving immediate insight into the possible direction of the price. The analysis is done for you, with full commentary, so you can find out what the price action is telling you.

Value Analyzer : This feature assesses all the key criteria to provide a simple visual traffic light indicating whether the stock is overvalued, near-fair value or even undervalued. It also comes with a forecasting tool to see how the fair value of the company changes based on shifting assumptions for earnings growth. This feature is also fully customizable to your personal preferences. A fully blown cheat sheet? You’re so welcome!

Custom Alerts : Get Insight into Technical events as they occur and have them delivered to your inbox. You can set alerts for any moves that would cause a shift on your investments, especially technical events. Want to know when your favorite stock dips below a certain price or when a stock breaks its support or resistance. Well..we got you covered.!!

Stock Screener : Our Value Screener enables you to filter for all the specific criteria you want and deem important such as dividend yield, revenue consistency and growth, what exchange the instrument is listed on and much more!
Trove + is all of the above plus a lot more. It is a premium feature and should come at a cost of $5 but it is FREE right now! Whoot Whoot ~~~!!!!

To test run the new product, you would need to update your Trove App to the latest version on the Google or iOS store and once done, click on the Market Insight section on the menu tab. If you trade using the web instead, just visit the menu tab on your dashboard to test run it.

Do let us know your thoughts on this new product. We hope you enjoy using it as much as we enjoyed creating it.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Bamaanu: 8:27am On Sep 14, 2020
@
OakPearl:
Wow...wow...wow.

Oga oakpearl. Nice to have you back. Please o, I don't know if you or any other person using Trading212 can help with how to fund the app. Which bank card is currently working on Gpay? Or if there is an alternative way to fund the account can you please assist?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by karferguso(m): 8:44am On Sep 14, 2020
Bamaanu:
@

Oga oakpearl. Nice to have you back. Please o, I don't know if you or any other person using Trading212 can help with how to fund the app. Which bank card is currently working on Gpay? Or if there is an alternative way to fund the account can you please assist?

I used Zenith master card and it worked well
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:59am On Sep 14, 2020
Bamaanu:
@

I use StanbicIBTC USD card sir.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 14, 2020
DexterousOne:

Interesting

Tho I agree that index funds is a good way to start
Please I'm a newbie, how can I invest in index funds in Nigeria.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by EarlyCareer: 10:13am On Sep 14, 2020
seyisanya:
The amusing thing is that they only show up when the market is down as if stock market investing moves on a straight line. And they become ''excited'' when another ''guru'' supports their claim.

All views are welcomed, don't chase anybody away with these subtle side attacks, this is the second time you are doing this to 4Play.

If you want to call someone out, say it with your chest, seyisanya. 4Play, RabbiDoracle, anyone else must not say what you want to hear, else it defeats the aim of the thread for everyone. let us be civil.

Meanwhile, guys check out this Bloomberg interview talking about the future of US equities. thought I should share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxOiYouewXs&t=946s

Rabbidoracle, is this what you are referring to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzW1y60Ov9c

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2020
So Gilead decides to buy $IMMU for $21 billion and the news sends IMMU rocketing 103% from $42.25 to $85.85 today, while Gilead is still languishing at $66.67 for a paltry 2% gain.
GILD village people strong gan!!!

A typical definition of "This life nor balance ". grin

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nna777: 3:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
OakPearl:
So Gilead decides to buy $IMMU for $21 billion and the news sends IMMU rocketing 103% from $42.25 to $85.85 today, while Gilead is still languishing at $66.67 for a paltry 2% gain.
GILD village people strong gan!!!

A typical definition of "This life nor balance ". grin

I tire oo. Serious strong village people. 12 of them for each month grin grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 6:04pm On Sep 14, 2020
Game says due diligence was done in its evaluation of NKLA

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 6:06pm On Sep 14, 2020
4Play:

It's obvious from your posts that you have 2 severe shortcomings: investing experience and comprehension ability.

You haven't been in the market long enough to realise how difficult stock picking is and to acquaint yourself with the fact that passive investing, what you call an extremely conservative approach, is to the contrary, a very common and popular approach.

My stating that investing in indexes has been proven to be a better way to invest for retail investors isn't simply a stylistic preference. It's similar to saying that driving without seat belt (stock picking) increases the chances of harm than with seat belt (index investing).

For me, I've got a relatively small amount of my investing capital (about 10%) in stock investments mainly for the fun of it and to potentially benefit from that minuscule possibility that I might hit pay dirt.

So I always insist at every opportunity that people shouldn't hang too much hope that they will enjoy fantastic success in stock investments in the long run. Do it as a diversification/fun play with money that won't affect the quality of your life if lost. 2 of the most successful investors ever - Warren Buffett and George Soros - only made 20% per annum returns over 40 years. The chances that anyone here will come close to that is very slim. Not one person on here who has a contrary view to me on this has a long-term track record of success in picking stocks. You can't say something works when none of you have done it for long! It's all people who started dabbling in the markets in the last few months or years and believe I am preaching against their destiny to become rich.

Basing decisions on actual evidence is what we as Nigerians should inculcate. This is the building block of progress and how knowledge and life improves.

I don't understand how my post affected your ego, I had to go back to read again.

Did I quote or mention you anywhere? The emboldened sentence of your post is a perfect description of your person, particularly the lack of comprehension.

Please, do me a favour. Don't quote me anymore because I'm too busy with life offline.

Many thanks, Mr Experience!

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 6:16pm On Sep 14, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

You go send people go Golgotha o. grin grin

240 is a good price for bargain hunters.

When it starts to rain, it will flood badly.

When a tsunami hits shore, superyatch o, canoe o, bamboo raft o, all gets smashed.
grin grin grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by BLAQBOYFLY(m): 6:36pm On Sep 14, 2020
OK! So if you're new to investing or stock trading i'd advice you not to go with most of if not any of the Nigerian "trading platforms" & i know how this sounds but here's the thing:
If you're not already experienced with trading,graphs & indicators then most of the other trading platforms based outside of Nigeria would help you a whole lot better than the ones here because the ones here are also new just like you & would require time to configure their "product or platform" to better suit the everyday trader/investor. For example if i open a $10k position on a stock,based on trove's fees i'd pay $100 fee for that at 1%. Platforms like this are definitely not for you even if you're not trading with $10k. Just head over to the fees page on trove to see the disgusting fee structure they have. If you're buying us stocks for example you pay a 1% fee of the total amount for buying & the same goes for selling. So at the end of the day if you have to close a position at a loss you'd be loosing at both ends of the stick. Oh,their terms & conditions are equally flawed. Most people won't mind these things maybe cuz you have limited information & don't know about the wealth of platforms at your disposal but as always,Do Your Due Diligence.
Bamboo charges a whooping 2.9% for depositing with a USD card & then charge a 1.5% "commission" on buying & selling US Stocks. They also have fees for instant deposit as apparently your deposit won't be instant but if you want that there's a fee for that. LMAO!
tommieen:
Hello Family,

First off, we thought about YOU, our #TroveTribe, and we are happy to announce that there is no longer a $2 fee or trade minimum when trading using Trove. You only pay a flat 1% when trading now whether you are placing a $5 or $500 trade

As part of our continued effort to help you make more informed investment decisions, today we’re introducing a new product to empower investors of all skill levels to take better control of their investments.

Trove + is a set of advanced trading tools that help you spot investment opportunities, understand your portfolio better and ultimately maximize your chances of beating the market.

Daily Trade Ideas : We send you a list of 3 stocks we are bullish and 3 we are bearish on for the day to your inbox before markets open. The ideas are based on Technical Events identified by our renowned research partner. Every financial instrument is analyzed after every market close to confirm whether a new chart pattern has formed or technical indicator has triggered a signal, giving immediate insight into the possible direction of the price. The analysis is done for you, with full commentary, so you can find out what the price action is telling you.

Value Analyzer : This feature assesses all the key criteria to provide a simple visual traffic light indicating whether the stock is overvalued, near-fair value or even undervalued. It also comes with a forecasting tool to see how the fair value of the company changes based on shifting assumptions for earnings growth. This feature is also fully customizable to your personal preferences. A fully blown cheat sheet? You’re so welcome!

Custom Alerts : Get Insight into Technical events as they occur and have them delivered to your inbox. You can set alerts for any moves that would cause a shift on your investments, especially technical events. Want to know when your favorite stock dips below a certain price or when a stock breaks its support or resistance. Well..we got you covered.!!

Stock Screener : Our Value Screener enables you to filter for all the specific criteria you want and deem important such as dividend yield, revenue consistency and growth, what exchange the instrument is listed on and much more!
Trove + is all of the above plus a lot more. It is a premium feature and should come at a cost of $5 but it is FREE right now! Whoot Whoot ~~~!!!!

To test run the new product, you would need to update your Trove App to the latest version on the Google or iOS store and once done, click on the Market Insight section on the menu tab. If you trade using the web instead, just visit the menu tab on your dashboard to test run it.

Do let us know your thoughts on this new product. We hope you enjoy using it as much as we enjoyed creating it.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2020
EarlyCareer:

All views are welcomed, don't chase anybody away with these subtle side attacks, this is the second time you are doing this to 4Play.

If you want to call someone out, say it with your chest, seyisanya. 4Play, RabbiDoracle, anyone else must not say what you want to hear, else it defeats the aim of the thread for everyone. let us be civil.

Meanwhile, guys check out this Bloomberg interview talking about the future of US equities. thought I should share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxOiYouewXs&t=946s

Rabbidoracle, is this what you are referring to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzW1y60Ov9c

Chase away? Who am I? All we clamour for is objectivity and not push your narrative down other investors' throats. The thread is called US Stocks Pick Alert for a reason. We should be appreciating the work that the likes of OakPearl, YerYer etc are doing here.

By the way, Rabbi is a man I so much respect. He has proved time and time again that he's objective in his views. I don't need to agree with all of his posts, but I have a great deal of respect for him.

Thanks for your comment.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by anjilgreat(f): 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2020
tommieen:
Hello Family,

Good day Sir, thanks for your effort to make trading stocks easier for us in Nigeria.

However, there are some other issues I think Trove should address such as the great disparities in exchange rate quoted on the Trove app when converting Funds from Naira to US dollars as compared to the offiicial one when deposits/withdrawals are made especially for those that don't want to go through domicillary account route but fund directly.

This disparities already puts an intending / prospective investor at a loss even before making an Investment through the Trove app. Please address it because it makes it discouraging to invest through your app. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2020
Well said!!
BLAQBOYFLY:
OK! So if you're new to investing or stock trading i'd advice you not to go with most of if not any of the Nigerian "trading platforms" & i know how this sounds but here's the thing:
If you're not already experienced with trading,graphs & indicators then most of the other trading platforms based outside of Nigeria would help you a whole lot better than the ones here because the ones here are also new just like you & would require time to configure their "product or platform" to better suit the everyday trader/investor. For example if i open a $10k position on a stock,based on trove's fees i'd pay $100 fee for that at 1%. Platforms like this are definitely not for you even if you're not trading with $10k. Just head over to the fees page on trove to see the disgusting fee structure they have. If you're buying us stocks for example you pay a 1% fee of the total amount for buying & the same goes for selling. So at the end of the day if you have to close a position at a loss you'd be loosing at both ends of the stick. Oh,their terms & conditions are equally flawed. Most people won't mind these things maybe cuz you have limited information & don't know about the wealth of platforms at your disposal but as always,Do Your Due Diligence.
Bamboo charges a whooping 2.9% for depositing with a USD card & then charge a 1.5% "commission" on buying & selling US Stocks. They also have fees for instant deposit as apparently your deposit won't be instant but if you want that there's a fee for that. LMAO!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 8:57pm On Sep 14, 2020
Anybody looking at $NKLA at the moment?

@oakpearl and other ones?

What's your analysis?
I think it may touch 50 soon
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:36pm On Sep 14, 2020
Penboy:

What's your analysis?

I have noticed it has become a beautiful bride for Wall Street swing traders.

It always rebounds each time it touches between $30/35 for either no reason, or one news about a deal from time to time.

Anyone who bought it at today's low of $30 is already on profit.

Strictly a short term play IMO.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Teniolasmart: 1:43am On Sep 15, 2020
Hello guy's, please what is the USD to naira rate on trove cause I'm thinking of not using bamboo as the exchange rate on that platform is too high (464 naira for a dollar) or which of the three apps(Chaka, bamboo and trove)offers the cheapest dollars to naira rate...
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by BullBearMkt(m): 9:31am On Sep 15, 2020
Penboy:

What's your analysis?
...I don't know how much you appreciate Technical Analysis (TA). From TA point of view, the stock is in a correction taking the shape of a simple regular flat (for now) with and end at the shaded (c). However, the corrections may turn out to be zig-zag & in that case it could go further down as indicated with the line "c".

What I observe however, is that, there is a good support at around 29 & past couple of days volume at this level is increasing. Last 2 trading day candlesticks also give a bullish engulf. This is a good stock to buy between 30.5 & 32

Recent general market sentiments should be watched closely...
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bonfulo: 10:35am On Sep 15, 2020
BLAQBOYFLY:

Could you suggest some others then?
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.