Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,868 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (612316 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2020
Depressed101:
Just stumbled upon this thread. I will like to learn investing in US Stocks/chinese stocks ,where should i start from.

Start by changing your username. E get why

16 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Depressed101: 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2020
Penboy:
[s]Start by changing your username.E get why[/s]
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Shadowacc: 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2020
please who has experience with etoro, currently using chaka, which is better?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nna777: 6:36pm On Sep 07, 2020
Penboy:

How dyou fund your t212 sir?

My stanbic card worked when I used it.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 6:43pm On Sep 07, 2020
nna777:

As direct deposit or through Gpay sir?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Highlyfavoured3: 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
Go to "cnbc.com" and type in the ticker in the search bar and pronto all the info (i.e. current or closed market price, extended hours/premarket prices, volumes traded etc.) you need will be displayed, including price chart (line,candle, mountain etc.).

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 10:28pm On Sep 07, 2020
Warren Buffett turns 90yrs and is still researching to find companies to invest in, that he believes will ge worth more when he's 100. Yet, there's 25yrs olds selling their 2 Apple shares when the stock falls $4 after s bad earnings report. Wealth is a mindset

15 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Lilosh: 8:15am On Sep 08, 2020
after closing hours today, bigcommerce is slated to released their 2nd quarter earnings. Since their initial IPO earlier last month at a price of about 26dollars, it has skyrocketed almost 450%. it could be an awesome swing trade if you can stomach the risk involved. My question to the guys here is that is there still more room for this company to run more in the long-term? Because it's looks extremely overvalued right now considering it's just became listed has a market cap of almost 10B.
cc: Oakpearl yeryer ebuka ovasabi
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nna777: 9:57am On Sep 08, 2020
Penboy:

As direct deposit or through Gpay sir?

Gpay. I had been depositing before all these issues started. I just deposit until am ready.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 1:32pm On Sep 08, 2020
nna777:

Gpay. I had been depositing before all these issues started. I just deposit until am ready.

Na wah o
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 1:35pm On Sep 08, 2020
Nikola is real after all, skeptics are shocked of their $2 billion deal with General Motors. I see ev stocks maybe piggybacking off this.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2020
Jotrade:
Warren Buffett turns 90yrs and is still researching to find companies to invest in, that he believes will ge worth more when he's 100. Yet, there's 25yrs olds selling their 2 Apple shares when the stock falls $4 after s bad earnings report. Wealth is a mindset

Good points but Apple didn’t release a bad result actually

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by BLAQBOYFLY(m): 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2020
I have a trading pattern i use when i want to invest in a stock with leverage but the stock might go down especially during a selling period. if you've already opened a long position & see that the stock is trailing down faster than expected,instead of waiting to BUY the DIP you should simply open a SHORT position on the same stock equivalent or greater than your original long position quantity,that way you're not loosing on subsequent downturn but must know when to close said short position to begin the journey long. A lot of people using leverage need to learn how to short a stock,it doesn't always go UP especially when the market is this volatile.
YerYer:

Stop limit order took me out of Overstock (OSTK) at $63. I tried to reduce my cost average by buying the dip but it didn't pan out as planned and my stop loss order took me out today at $63. I dont have that glorious red screenshot to show but I posted all my transactions in this stock. I believe I'm down over $6k.

Not sure where the market is heading but I'm trying to build up my holdings in quality stocks for long term. AMZN, MSFT, FB and SHOP are definitely on my list.

Not a stock investment advice.

I'm tired of antispam bot banning me every week. I don't even understand anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Grand77: 2:06pm On Sep 08, 2020
nna777:

Please how did you do it.. please can i call you .. Kindly drop ur number to abwealth@gmail.com..
Thanks .. its as been giving me issues
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2020
Jotrade:

This analogy is funny.

You bought apple at 121 , it rose to 137 , then steady downward trend all the way to 125 .

Why would you hold on to the stock when you can exit and get a lower price at 115?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 2:43pm On Sep 08, 2020
Jotrade:

Have you also considered the fact that the amount of money available for you to trade with determines one's investment decisions? Someone who invested $1m can afford tp play the patience game, not someone using $1000 to chase profit of $500. There is never one way to make wealth in the market. Live and let live

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 2:58pm On Sep 08, 2020
Bloodbath grin shocked

March rerun they come.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 4Play(m): 2:58pm On Sep 08, 2020
afroxyz:

Have you also considered the fact that the amount of money available for you to trade with determines one's investment decisions? Someone who invested $1m can afford tp play the patience game, not someone using $1000 to chase profit of $500. There is never one way to make wealth in the market. Live and let live

That seems like an easy way to lose much of one's $1k.

It's true, Warren Buffett is partly in the business of capital preservation (he's trying to preserve the wealth he's accumulated) while a lot of young investors here are trying to generate wealth. The problem is that the market doesn't care about an investor's goals - it's not going to give a person the return they want just because they want it.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 4Play(m): 3:01pm On Sep 08, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:
Bloodbath grin shocked
March rerun they come.

I don't think so. I even added a small speculative position today, Gamestop (GME), as there has been a large uptick in volume accompanied by buying. I think the likes of Apple and Workhorse are also tempting.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 3:34pm On Sep 08, 2020
Jotrade:

Hahahahahahaha

Lmao
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Shadowacc: 4:17pm On Sep 08, 2020
Please who has experience with etoro, are they easy to use?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 4:21pm On Sep 08, 2020
Wow...feels good to be back on the floor of the US exchange.

Monday's holiday served bit as a "circuit breaker". grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 4:23pm On Sep 08, 2020
Shadowacc:
Please who has experience with etoro, are they easy to use?

Read some pages backwards; someone had given a detailed update of how it works including the advantages and disadvantages of using etoro.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 4:30pm On Sep 08, 2020
ebuka1997:
Nikola is real after all, skeptics are shocked of their $2 billion deal with General Motors. I see ev stocks maybe piggybacking off this.

Wonders of the US market that keeps giving.

Affirms my posotion that there are nobright or wrong answers in the market except for how long each person is willing to wait.

I would say none of the "sceptics" were wrong then as their position was strictly based on the information available to them then.

But the fact is swing traders have built huge bank balances with this stock.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 08, 2020
4Play:

That seems like an easy way to lose much of one's $1k.

It's true, Warren Buffett is partly in the business of capital preservation (he's trying to preserve the wealth he's accumulated) while a lot of young investors here are trying to generate wealth. The problem is that the market doesn't care about an investor's goals - it's not going to give a person the return they want just because they want it.

You're more likely to lose if you don't apply good logic.

All this Warren buffet advice doesn't suit your average robinhood investor.

Buy low sell high. It's simple.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2020
Lilosh:
after closing hours today, bigcommerce is slated to released their 2nd quarter earnings. Since their initial IPO earlier last month at a price of about 26dollars, it has skyrocketed almost 450%. it could be an awesome swing trade if you can stomach the risk involved. My question to the guys here is that is there still more room for this company to run more in the long-term? Because it's looks extremely overvalued right now considering it's just became listed has a market cap of almost 10B.
cc: Oakpearl yeryer ebuka ovasabi

I tend to agree with your words in bold.
It has proven to be a good swing stock in the short time after their IPO.

May not have much gas left to rally significantly.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2020
YerYer:

Stop limit order took me out of Overstock (OSTK) at $63. I tried to reduce my cost average by buying the dip but it didn't pan out as planned and my stop loss order took me out today at $63. I dont have that glorious red screenshot to show but I posted all my transactions in this stock. I believe I'm down over $6k.

Not sure where the market is heading but I'm trying to build up my holdings in quality stocks for long term. AMZN, MSFT, FB and SHOP are definitely on my list.

Not a stock investment advice.

I'm tired of antispam bot banning me every week. I don't even understand anymore.

A tough call indeed.
We move.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 6:25pm On Sep 08, 2020
OvaSabi1:

It also crossed my mind to sell but I will prefer my losses to be paper losses for now cry let me just be looking at it and hoping because if it enters my account sifia pains will increase.

Great to see how you manage to squeeze in some humour at a time you ain't pleased with market trend.

Says a lot how far you will go in this game.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 6:39pm On Sep 08, 2020
RabbiDoracle:
You guys on longs should exit all. Don't leave any position open. You will suffer an almost 90% capital loss if your account isn't wiped out.

I issued this warning on NSEMPA around 28th August 2020 and later followed up with date similar event occurred on 1929:

Dow : 16K
S & P : 1,800
NASDAQ: 5,800

Guys should close their long trades. It is going to get severely bad.

Most of you waiting to buy the dip will lose money. September and October will have a massive red candles. Now some investors (sophisticated and newbies) are thinking it us just a correction. This isn't 'just' a correction. This is the start of a crash!

Soon NASDAQ will start to lose 7% on a single and trigger the circuit breakers. That is when EU and Asia will start Oso Abiola.

After losing 7%, it will graduate into the 13% single day range of fall. Then 20%.

Leave with your loss. Losses will keep piling.

The algos will sell until everything freezes just like how it did it March 2020. Then investors will face other assets like gold, bitcoin, silver, Brent etc and sell them to free up liquidity. They will be a massive crushing sell orders. Any rise you see in equities is a huge trap (just like the Tesla, Apple rise of Friday).

Wait for:

Bitcoin at 3,200
Gold at 1,200
Brent will hit below 20 again.

S & P VIX should spike towards 96. This will be the highest ever recorded for any crisis.

Just to add my 2 cents. Goodluck guys.

The Oracle himself has landed!
Let me use this opportunity to appreciate the great work you have been doing over the years in our sister thread NSEMPA.

You have been legendary.
More grace bro.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by BullBearMkt(m): 8:23am On Sep 09, 2020
S&P500 MOVES SIMILAR TO 2016 US PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
Looking at the S&P500 monthly chart, it is observed that the recent price actions of index is similar to price actions before the last 2 US presidential election. In 2012 made a new high before Nov, 2012 elections, then re-test the support level during the election and later continue to rally up. Similar price actions is seen during 2016 election. Now in 2020, S&P500 has recently created a new high, will the support level 3227 be re-tested & after elections stocks will continue to rally??

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:08am On Sep 09, 2020
BullBearMkt:
S&P500 MOVES SIMILAR TO 2016 US PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
Looking at the S&P500 monthly chart, it is observed that the recent price actions of index is similar to price actions before the last 2 US presidential election. In 2012 made a new high before Nov, 2012 elections, then re-test the support level during the election and later continue to rally up. Similar price actions is seen during 2016 election. Now in 2020, S&P500 has recently created a new high, will the support level 3227 be re-tested & after elections stocks will continue to rally??

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin

Great food for thought.
We watch.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by hancock(m): 9:54am On Sep 09, 2020
pre market already showing green day today .lets hope it's sustained.

Bought some stock during the first dip on Thursday and it dipped further two straight days lol grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.