Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (611664 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 10:56am On Oct 29, 2020
OakPearl:
The market is basically reacting to the current covid-19 cases spiralling back up in the US and Europe.

I hear France has activated a nationwide lock down.
Oil price is tanking as result of excess storage in the US.

All of these reminds me of February/March 2020 covid-inspired crash.

Just as with every storm there is a silver lining, this current trend if it continues, could offer a fantastic opportunity to bargain-hunt on very good stocks if they come too low.

The normal challenge then would be that there is no liquidity to fund new purchases.
Na wa.

N/B: If you invested for long term in good stocks, there is no need selling at huge losses. These are also times to buy good dividend stocks at a very high dividend yield as a result of undervaluation by current market sentiment.

I've been praying for this type of buying opportunity since June. I woukd be holding till next week as I anticipate the market woukd tank further

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 11:01am On Oct 29, 2020
@oakpearl: what do you think about GE? Not talking because they surprised Wall Street, but the fact that the company has been focusing on rewabke energy and divesting from fossil fuel. I think it is seriously undervalued considering the fact that they are responsible for 25% of wind farm installation globally.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 2:22pm On Oct 29, 2020
DAILY SCIENTIFIC STOCK PICKS
NASDAQ looking like another bearish day. No qualms we will not be worried as long as index stays above 10,888.29. We will want to use this opportunity to buy quality stocks at beaten down prices. This is time we will not chase any stock. PLUG , PEIX are some of the equities in our mind. Good time to continue to take profits or have stop loss in place to protect us from big losses. The market is not going away, we should exercise patience till election is over before committing big money to this market.

With our small money we can still have a portfolio of good stocks. See example of a portfolio for $100 from one of the best stockbroker in US.

On the local scene, sustainability of the rising market doubtful, let us be careful.

We still keep our watch list in view.

Our portfolios are designed to buy at blood in the street point and thus will require small stop loss. For more ideas visit our twitter page or send mail to 2002@gmail.com
[b]
Caution: [/b]This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Olalekank(m): 3:07pm On Oct 29, 2020
OakPearl:
The market is basically reacting to the current covid-19 cases spiralling back up in the US and Europe.

I hear France has activated a nationwide lock down.
Oil price is tanking as result of excess storage in the US.

All of these reminds me of February/March 2020 covid-inspired crash.

Just as with every storm there is a silver lining, this current trend if it continues, could offer a fantastic opportunity to bargain-hunt on very good stocks if they come too low.

The normal challenge then would be that there is no liquidity to fund new purchases.
Na wa.

N/B: If you invested for long term in good stocks, there is no need selling at huge losses. These are also times to buy good dividend stocks at a very high dividend yield as a result of undervaluation by current market sentiment.

Hello OakPearl, can you recommend some stocks as in the bolded above?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Olalekank(m): 8:11pm On Oct 29, 2020
NIO is wilding!

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:09pm On Oct 29, 2020
Olalekank:
NIO is wilding!

OakPearl:

I was amazed to find my portfolio gain for today showing $1,200 when I logged on, just to realise its all thanks to NIO.

As there earnings report date draws near (early November), an analyst just upgraded NIO rating from neutral to overweight with a price target of $40! shocked

This is the fuel behind the fire on NIO.

Its the bolded finally playing out as November becons in just 4 days.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:22pm On Oct 29, 2020
Olalekank:

Hello OakPearl, can you recommend some stocks as in the bolded above?

OakPearl:

Here are stocks I consider almost very nearly sure bets in the mid to long term.

Consideration has been given for both covid and post covid eras, so all that is required is to look for comfortable entry prices and make patience your pillow.

SQ $128.84
PTON $64.74
FSLY $84.87
SPOT $291.52
OSTK $53.49
MSFT $212.07
APPLE $393.55
NVDA $420.65
NIO $12.82
PYPL $179.23
NIU $19.47
TDOC $227.46

At first glance, you will be tempted to think they are too expensive.
But these stocks still have more gas to run and will make you sure money.

I will bookmark this for review by December 2020.

The above was my picks as posted here on 20th July.
Three months after, NIO and PTON have doubled.
Overstock also more than doubled before recently reversing to around $62 today. With a fantastic result announced today, it is likely to recover some gains next week.
If anyone of the above have come significantly close to what they were as indicated on the list, they are good candidates.
I shall try to make a few additions based on recent performances of new stocks in the last 3 months that I have investigated and consider worthy to be in this category.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2020
afroxyz:

I've been praying for this type of buying opportunity since June. I woukd be holding till next week as I anticipate the market woukd tank further

Here you are bro.
I am even more confident of the market in this second wave because we now have the experience of what to do under our belt (stocks to buy and those to exit) if the second wave continues.

One thing I know is it will be very unlikely to be worse than the first. Even if it attempts to be worse, the world is better prepared to go through it more successfully due to the first experience.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Olalekank(m): 10:03pm On Oct 29, 2020
OakPearl:

The above was my picks as posted here on 20th July.
Three months after, NIO and PTON have doubled.
Overstock also more than doubled before recently reversing to around $62 today. With a fantastic result announced today, it is likely to recover some gains next week.
If anyone of the above have come significantly close to what they were as indicated on the list, they are good candidates.
I shall try to make a few additions based on recent performances of new stocks in the last 3 months that I have investigated and consider worthy to be in this category.
Thanks!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by arduino: 10:28pm On Oct 29, 2020
OakPearl:
I have got to say Pfizer has been one of the most underwhelming stock in my portfolio.
With all the promises of a great performance based on the covid-19 vaccine it is working on, it just keeps lazying around like there is nothing to look forward to.

Dear Pfizer, if you are waiting for me to sell so you can fly away, you miss road. angry
Nonesense! Mcheeeew!!! grin
Kroger and Barick Gold doing same to me. Am running out of patience sha....
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 10:54am On Oct 30, 2020
Thank you Sir, I appreciate your timely response. So inorder words I should be looking at capital apprecation
OakPearl:

Sorry I was unable to respond on time as I discovered I was banned by nairaland bot.
It is very impressive to know you have read the entire thread...wow! cool
Congratulations on that milestone.
You have successfully armed yourself with the basic realities needed for the next step.

You can start with what you have, which is about $20.
While trying to grow more capital, your initial N10,000 equivalent invested will be working tirelessly for you also.

Considering your initial capital, good penny stocks which can be referred to as Value Stocks should be a good start. Dividends will not make much sense as your capital is small, so you should aim for capital appreciation.
With the resent wave of covid-19 in US and Europe, Pacific Ethanol $PEIX ($7.92) may just be ready to cross the $10 mark.
You need patience, patience, patience as you begin.
Welcome to the club.
Happy investing!

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Yuzxy: 11:31am On Oct 30, 2020
Please I need list of sound penny stocks for trading. Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kemicalreact: 1:06pm On Oct 30, 2020
@Oakpearl, do you think this would affect Apple stock?

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:36pm On Oct 30, 2020
Leezah:
Thank you Sir, I appreciate your timely response. So inorder words I should be looking at capital apprecation
Absolutely.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:37pm On Oct 30, 2020
arduino:

Kroger and Barick Gold doing same to me. Am running out of patience sha....

E go better.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 5:40pm On Oct 30, 2020
Amazing time we are...
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2020
afroxyz:
@oakpearl: what do you think about GE? Not talking because they surprised Wall Street, but the fact that the company has been focusing on rewabke energy and divesting from fossil fuel. I think it is seriously undervalued considering the fact that they are responsible for 25% of wind farm installation globally.

GE is actually coming from a bad fundamental performance.
The good news is that dried bones can rise again, and from the recent quater result released, that is already happening.
They made a quarterly earnings per share of $0.06 against an estimated loss of $0.06 representing an earnings surprise of 200%.
A quater ago, they produced a loss of $0.15/share against an expected loss of $0.014/share.
These are signs of resurrection.

Add your words as bolded above, and you have a company that could become a great investment in the long term at the current $7.36.
As the market tanks, it will be a sweet buy if it can get to $5/$6. Otherwise, if long term is your horizon it is a very good buy at current price.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2020
kemicalreact:
@Oakpearl, do you think this would affect Apple stock?

Anything is possible.
Every bit of news tends to momentarily affect any stock.
But the blue chips like Apple usually bounce back.

So the best thing to do with Apple is to buy any significant dip that arises from news like this as long as their core fundamentals remains in tact.

Their recent result which revealed that iPhone sales missed Wall Street estimates with a revenue slump in China is the reason for the share price decline today.

These are opportunities to buy cheap as actual sales in the quater was $64.7bn above estimated $63.5bn. Earnings were also 73 cents per share, also topping Wall Street estimates.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2020
Leezah:
Yes.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Yuzxy: 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2020
Yuzxy:
Please I need list of sound penny stocks for trading. Thanks
Oakpearl and other gurus, please answer me. Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bukaty35: 10:52pm On Oct 30, 2020
co ask, please
Yuzxy:

Oakpearl and other gurus, please answer me. Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Coolcash1: 8:08am On Oct 31, 2020
Coolcash1:
I like the divergent views on market direction from you guys. A good investor or trader does not only incline himself to listening to only good or bullish news but a mix of bad and good news to succeed.

I will not discard RabbidOracle’s post as wild claim as suggested nor also brush aside that of BBM and other members’ bullish about the market as well. This kind of posts should be encouraged on this forum as it will help members to re-evaluate their position, follow and monitor market events keenly and re-strategize.

Considering the projection of most experts about second wave of covid, unending trade war between China and the US, uphill tension around US elections and deferment of economic bail out by House to December, the impact of these variables will definitely be felt by the market.

My advice will be cautious entry for investors but for traders adopt twin approach of long and short strategy depending on the trend to stay profitable.

Happy investing.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 6:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
Earnings for the week

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lafuria1(m): 1:00pm On Nov 01, 2020
Good day fellas, October has always been the most volatile month each year, no surprises how last month was for the market. See picture below

BUT November might not be good either given what we all know is coming. The election is not the problem but what comes after, from what ive seen so far, no party is likely going to accept the result easily which won't be good for the market. Investors hate uncertainty

So guys , tomorrow is key if you can't stomach the upcoming uncertainty, better sell and hold or sell and buy the dip.

Good luck everyone

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by dgitrader(m): 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2020
lafuria1:
Good day fellas, October has always been the most volatile month each year, no surprises how last month was for the market. See picture below

BUT November might not be good either given what we all know is coming. The election is not the problem but what comes after, from what ive seen so far, no party is likely going to accept the result easily which won't be good for the market. Investors hate uncertainty

So guys , tomorrow is key if you can't stomach the upcoming uncertainty, better sell and hold or sell and buy the dip.

Good luck everyone

good stats. nice observation
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lavylilly: 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2020
Jotrade:
Earnings for the week
which stick should I pick this week
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 8:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
PTON or RUKU as for me no trading till after election
lavylilly:
which stick should I pick this week

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by proprp: 2:04am On Nov 02, 2020
For anyone interested, please join Wealth hackers telegram (https: // t. me / stockfolks) group for stock picks and investment knowledge sharing.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lafuria1(m): 9:34am On Nov 02, 2020
The stock market opening time has now moved to 3:30pm Nigeria time, pre market opening time is now 10am.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 10:42am On Nov 02, 2020
OakPearl:

GE is actually coming from a bad fundamental performance.
The good news is that dried bones can rise again, and from the recent quater result released, that is already happening.
They made a quarterly earnings per share of $0.06 against an estimated loss of $0.06 representing an earnings surprise of 200%.
A quater ago, they produced a loss of $0.15/share against an expected loss of $0.014/share.
These are signs of resurrection.

Add your words as bolded above, and you have a company that could become a great investment in the long term at the current $7.36.
As the market tanks, it will be a sweet buy if it can get to $5/$6. Otherwise, if long term is your horizon it is a very good buy at current price.

They has bad fundamentals for. 2015-2018 after they bought Alscom. However the present CEO has been rejuvenating HE. The comoany already has a huge chunk of the wind energy market, accounting for 25% of global installations with many government contracts scheduled.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 10:44am On Nov 02, 2020
lafuria1:

Good luck everyone

September has always been the most bearish month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.