Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,313 members, 7,819,067 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (613948 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:59pm On Mar 21, 2020
yom2:
Is everyone on vacation here?

Not at all bro.
Been on a project setting up a Super Mart with proceeds of my divestment from Fidelity bank. grin
My eyes are still on the market, just been constrained with time to comment.
Will have a bit more time next week.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 3:30pm On Mar 21, 2020
OakPearl:

Not at all bro.
Been on a project setting up a Super Mart with proceeds of my divestment from Fidelity bank. grin
oh fidelity! Not any of those new York bio science stocks?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2020
yom2:
oh fidelity! Not any of those new York bio science stocks?

Yes.
With a current profit margin of between 70-100% in a bear market like this, it becomes the obvious "sacrificial lamb for divestment.

Nothing beats buying at the lowest lows and the current volatility of the market presents wonderful opportunities even for dividend hunters like Ukay2.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by monopolistic: 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2020
OakPearl:

Not at all bro.

Hello thanks for everything oakpearl, do you think BAC is good at this price? For long term and why is trove fx rate 402 to a dollar?
Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abuabdullah: 9:34pm On Mar 21, 2020
monopolistic:

Hello thanks for everything oakpearl, do you think BAC is good at this price? For long term and why is trove fx rate 402 to a dollar?
Thanks

I asked Trove service desk officer on Friday why the company FX rate is N402? He said Trove is buying it at N410.

My think is that the company peg the price at N402 because of its delay in converting on time and market volatility
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:30pm On Mar 21, 2020
monopolistic:

Thanks

BAC may look good at this price especially as it is just about same as it's 52-week low, but this market's volatility has been so rampant it has thrown rationality with the wind.

Good thing is it's a long term plan you have. If you must buy, best to buy in bits so you can buy the dip and come out with the best average price per share for quicker gains when ever the market rebounds fully.

As for Trove's exchange rate, I think it is based on the sudden upward fluctuation in the black market occasioned by the fear of anticipated devaluation of the naira which the CBN has continued to deny.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Drenimarcus(m): 10:34pm On Mar 21, 2020
Just reading the news that cepheid been approved by cdc to conduct test on corona.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 6:00am On Mar 22, 2020
Drenimarcus:
Just reading the news that cepheid been approved by cdc to conduct test on corona.

Am proud of members of this forum for being so studious.
Please confirm the ticker symbol or full company name.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by CHIMAOBICCU(m): 8:16am On Mar 22, 2020
Pls is olympbot a scam
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Drenimarcus(m): 12:21pm On Mar 22, 2020
OakPearl:

Am proud of members of this forum for being so studious.
Please confirm the ticker symbol or full company name.

CPHD

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 4:54pm On Mar 22, 2020
Drenimarcus:

CPHD

DHR you ment as CPHD is not a quoted company?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Drenimarcus(m): 4:59pm On Mar 22, 2020
OakPearl:

DHR you ment as CPHD is not a quoted company?

I guess, CPHD isn’t quoted when I looked it up too.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 6:59pm On Mar 22, 2020
Drenimarcus:

I guess, CPHD isn’t quoted when I looked it up too.

Cepheid is a molecular diagnostics company and a subsidiary within Danaher Corporation's(NYSE: DHR) Diagnostics platform. The company develops, manufactures and markets easy-to-use molecular systems and tests.
You are right about the approval to conduct covid-19 tests. I guess there was not much reaction because the approval was given late Friday night.
What I like about them is they are a profitable business with a good EPS.
Danaher's stock closed Friday's session at $123.81 per share.
There may be a reaction on Monday, though the market continues to be unpredictable.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Drenimarcus(m): 7:26pm On Mar 22, 2020
OakPearl:

Cepheid is a molecular diagnostics company and a subsidiary within Danaher Corporation's(NYSE: DHR) Diagnostics platform. The company develops, manufactures and markets easy-to-use molecular systems and tests.
You are right about the approval to conduct covid-19 tests. I guess there was not much reaction because the approval was given late Friday night.
What I like about them is they are a profitable business with a good EPS.
Danaher's stock closed Friday's session at $123.81 per share.
There may be a reaction on Monday, though the market continues to be unpredictable.

We will see on Monday, added them to watch list.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:35pm On Mar 22, 2020
Drenimarcus:

Cool.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:11pm On Mar 23, 2020
Drenimarcus:

DHR showing signs of a massive gain of $19 per share.

Whether it would hold or not can only be determined when the market opens.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by monopolistic: 1:22pm On Mar 23, 2020
Sir Oakpearl , any stock you think i should look into and do my due diligence ?

I prefer the financial sector.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 3:32pm On Mar 23, 2020
OakPearl:

Absolutely @CHWY.
TDOC is a typical "Blue Diamond Strategy" coy.
The stay-at-home policy of the moment is a huge advantage as it encourages their online exercise/gym coaching products and services.

The stock is up 11% today

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 3:36pm On Mar 23, 2020
YerYer:
Zoom (ZM)
Zoom is a video conferencing platform that allows people to hold meetings online virtually from anywhere in the world. As more employers are asking workers to stay home, this stock is poised to benefit. Stock is up 50% from February 13th, though. Pick your entry point.

Zoom is up 20% today, I'm up 38%. I like the stock although I'm a bit concerned to find out that they offer 3 months free subscription; who's to say they people will still upgrade to a paid subscription once virus has been contained? I'm still positive on the name though.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ViVaMadrid: 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
OakPearl:
So 4 days ago on 30th January I bought into this Chinese electric car manufacturer NIO at $4.03/share.
I thought it would tank further when it went down to $3.80ish yesterday due to the coronavirus scare in China.
It has powered to $4.54 right this moment at an 11.7% gain today.

Bros, which brokerage firm do you use?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:33pm On Mar 23, 2020
monopolistic:
Sir Oakpearl , any stock you think i should look into and do my due diligence ?

I prefer the financial sector.

These may not be the best of times for banks but based on your preference for this sector I'd suggest Bank of America and Bank of New York Mellon.

They are experiencing their 52-week lows, which on the flip side increases their dividend yield.
Whether or not they can maintain their dividend layout to sustain this yield for those who may buy now remains to be seen.
The very sure thing is when the covid-19 dust settles, you are gonna be in profit.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:35pm On Mar 23, 2020
YerYer:

The stock is up 11% today

You have always seen well.
I recall your earlier heads up on this.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2020
YerYer:

Zoom is up 20% today, I'm up 38%. I like the stock although I'm a bit concerned to find out that they offer 3 months free subscription; who's to say they people will still upgrade to a paid subscription once virus has been contained? I'm still positive on the name though.

Well, after waiting endlessly for ZM to come below $100, I bought at $120 and already in $300 profit.

Your point on the free subscription period is a reasonable thought, but on the other hand, the mere future announcement of a few million more subscribers because of this strategy could see their share price soar on in response as well.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2020
ViVaMadrid:

Bros, which brokerage firm do you use?

Being a Nigerian resident, I use an intermediary fintech - Trove.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2020
Knowledge, knowledge, knowledge.
Let's keep sharing in the blessedness of knowledge exchange to better each other.
Point 2 does not apply to you if you ain't resident in the US.
But $1,400 free shares is quit a handsome free sum anywhere in the world.
So I'd implore our US based brothers and sisters to key in. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ViVaMadrid: 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2020
OakPearl:

Being a Nigerian resident, I use an intermediary fintech - Trove.

Okay, thanks. But do you know if I can run say, TD Ameritrade from Nigeria?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:41pm On Mar 23, 2020
ViVaMadrid:

Okay, thanks. But do you know if I can run say, TD Ameritrade from Nigeria?

Not possible from Nigeria.
I am yet to find an American brokerage firm who will take on a full Nigerian resident just yet.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2020
OakPearl:

Well, after waiting endlessly for ZM to come below $100, I bought at $120 and already in $300 profit.

Your point on the free subscription period is a reasonable thought, but on the other hand, the mere future announcement of a few million more subscribers because of this strategy could see their share price soar on in response as well.

Please, is it worth it buying one (1) unit of some foreign stocks?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 3:08pm On Mar 24, 2020
1kinggy:

Please, is it worth it buying one (1) unit of some foreign stocks?

Yes indeed, as long as you are satisfied with the valuation/prospects of the firm.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 3:12pm On Mar 24, 2020
The latest pre-market signals promises an over 1,000 points jump of the Dow.
Most of your portfolio should be green today.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 3:31pm On Mar 24, 2020
OakPearl:
Knowledge, knowledge, knowledge.
Let's keep sharing in the blessedness of knowledge exchange to better each other.
Point 2 does not apply to you if you ain't resident in the US.
But $1,400 free shares is quit a handsome free sum anywhere in the world.
So I'd implore our US based brothers and sisters to key in. grin

"Get two stocks for free up to $1400." The keyword is "up to"; they like using that term to attract more eyeballs and lure people to sign up. One of the brokerage I use also offers 1 free stock upon registration; their pitch is something like "how does it feel getting 1 free stock of TSLA, AAPL or DIS? but I received a $1.20 stock instead. So with Webull you can receive 2 free stocks from $1 -$1400. It's still a nice gesture though, they aren't obligated to give out anything for free; but they are also making money off you.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 4:24pm On Mar 24, 2020
OakPearl:

Yes indeed, as long as you are satisfied with the valuation/prospects of the firm.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.