Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,152 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (613980 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by LauraClasikVibe(f): 9:34am On Mar 03, 2021
Unsettled Funds are the cash from the sale of shares on our platform that has not yet cleared as part of the settlement process and so cannot be withdrawn.
BrainBright:
Please I use BAMBOO, ... most of the stock I sold is seen on UNSETTLED CASH... What's the meaning of this? because the sold stock doesn't go to where I can withdraw it

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by BrainBright: 10:00am On Mar 03, 2021
LauraClasikVibe:
Unsettled Funds are the cash from the sale of shares on our platform that has not yet cleared as part of the settlement process and so cannot be withdrawn.

Thanks

It do takes like how long to be settled?

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by LauraClasikVibe(f): 10:36am On Mar 03, 2021
2-3 business day that why is is advise to sell off on Fridays so that by Monday evening or Tuesday you can have cash to either buy or meet other expenses you can have c
BrainBright:

Thanks

It do takes like how long to be settled?

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by LauraClasikVibe(f): 11:34am On Mar 03, 2021
Investing is when you buy a piece of ownership in a business.

Trading is when you hope a stock will go up for quick gains.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:55pm On Mar 03, 2021
Olaa123:
@oakpearl
I hope you're alright boss
Been long I saw your post

Am very fine thanks bro.
Been away on a terribly tight schedule.
In a blink of an eye of being away, some otherwise nice picks just turns red "nicely". grin
Kai, na wa...
My advise to all is that there is nothing to fret about; as long as you have fundamentally sound stocks in your portfolio.
Should your short/medium term plays get affected, apply either or both of the following 2 options:
1. Step on the breaks and exit your position to get back in immediately a sustained recovery is detected.
2. Average down if you trust they are good stocks.

The above advise may be belated considering the market has had a sign of recovery.

Wow...so much catching up to do!
Let me read along my 10 unread pages. grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:10pm On Mar 03, 2021
ElectronicMoney:

I concur with what you said. I also received a similar solicitation for funds from him sometime last year.

See attached proof

This LordAdam16 fellow emailed me last year June to loan him some funds.

When he didn't get a response, I got bombarded 8 more follow up mails to no avail.

His request in my case was N500k.
Beware!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by BrainBright: 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2021
[quote author=LauraClasikVibe post=99565166]2-3 business day that why is is advise to sell off on Fridays so that by Monday evening or Tuesday you can have cash to either buy or meet other expenses you can have c[/quote

Thanks[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 10:40pm On Mar 03, 2021
Anybody knows for how long shall we continue with this downward market trend? My trades has been retrogressive in recent weeks. More reason one has to be on a more flexible platform

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by idolda: 12:15am On Mar 04, 2021
Using this medium to thank all the gurus in the house. Although I have been following the thread for awhile but I started purchasing stocks last month. Today was a huge gain for me, swung some shares today and made some gains (it was a huge risk). Bought 25 pieces of Gamestock and Kempharm (20) and sold everything and made descent gains. Will be using the gains to get more stocks in my red folder

7 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Drenimarcus(m): 12:37am On Mar 04, 2021
yom2:
Anybody knows for how long shall we continue with this downward market trend? My trades has been retrogressive in recent weeks. More reason one has to be on a more flexible platform

With the redditors and the Hedge funds slugging it out? No one knows. But if you are investing LT, you should not be detered.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Drenimarcus(m): 12:38am On Mar 04, 2021
idolda:
Using this medium to thank all the gurus in the house. Although I have been following the thread for awhile but I started purchasing stocks last month. Today was a huge gain for me, swung some shares today and made some gains (it was a huge risk). Bought 25 pieces of Gamestock and Kempharm (20) and sold everything and made descent gains. Will be using the gains to get more stocks in my red folder

Paper hands undecided

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by stokfrick: 1:00pm On Mar 04, 2021
Ommo, moral just de for all time low 4 dis thread grin
Wetin happen naaa? grin

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by tot(f): 1:43pm On Mar 04, 2021
stokfrick:
Ommo, moral just de for all time low 4 dis thread grin
Wetin happen naaa? grin

Na life happen grin

Downtimes like these is the time to upskill and invest in knowledge building, understanding the basics, backtesting etc.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 1:47pm On Mar 04, 2021
“To be disciplined investor you have to be okay to stand by and watch other people make money on the things you passed on.”

That isn’t about right or wrong. It’s about staying in your lane. Don’t let other people’s short term outcomes distract you.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Zouzer: 6:55pm On Mar 04, 2021
Who uses Passfolio here? What's your experience so far?

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2021
Zouzer:
Who uses Passfolio here? What's your experience so far?
it's been a great experience but their charges lead me to trove, you can sign up with my signature we both get FREE shares of either GTBANK or Dangote Sugar

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Olaa123: 7:22pm On Mar 04, 2021
OakPearl:

Am very fine thanks bro.
Been away on a terribly tight schedule.
In a blink of an eye of being away, some otherwise nice picks just turns red "nicely". grin
Kai, na wa...
My advise to all is that there is nothing to fret about; as long as you have fundamentally sound stocks in your portfolio.
Should your short/medium term plays get affected, apply either or both of the following 2 options:
1. Step on the breaks and exit your position to get back in immediately a sustained recovery is detected.
2. Average down if you trust they are good stocks.

The above advise may be belated considering the market has had a sign of recovery.

Wow...so much catching up to do!
Let me read along my 10 unread pages. grin

Boss man is hereeee grin
Clear road abeggg

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 8:12pm On Mar 04, 2021
This is where that Warren buffet saying comes to mind, "be greedy when other are fearful and be fearful when other are greedy".

This is the beta time to buy as much as you can

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 11:56pm On Mar 04, 2021
NO MUCH CONTENT TODAY EVERYONE JUST WEAK... embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 11:59pm On Mar 04, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNAgmsz4Log
TRADING 212 TO START COLLECTING COMMISSIONS

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 12:00am On Mar 05, 2021
Please oga's what's the difference between ROI and interest?
If I use them interchangeably am I correct?

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by layzie86(m): 8:30am On Mar 05, 2021
I should be going long on $UNFI by end of the week before market close.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 9:46am On Mar 05, 2021
The terms are synonymous, although they are typically used in different contexts. Both of them divide a payout by a principal amount invested.

Rate on interest is typically used when describing the amount earned on an investment or project. It always includes both cash payouts and gains or losses from price changes. If you buy a stock for $100 and a year later receive a dividend of $1 and the stock ex-dividend is worth $104, your rate of return was ($1 + $104 - $100) / $100 = 5%. It’s usually a backward looking figure, what you actually earned. If you want to talk about future you would usually call it “expected” rate of return.

Interest rate is typically used in a forward looking sense, a return (most commonly paid in cash) that is promised. For example, if you buy a bond with an interest rate of 5% and a principal amount of $100, it might pay you $5 per year for five years, and your $100 back (along with the last interest payment) at the end of five years.

If someone buys the bond above for $80, the rate of return will differ from the stated interest rate (also known as the coupon rate) of the bond. If someone asked, “What’s the interest rate on that bond,” someone could answer 5% (the coupon rate), 6.25% (the current yield, $5 / $80) or 10.32% (the rate of return the $80 buyer will earn if the bond makes all payments).

So it’s always important to get context when people throw around terms like rate of return or interest rate. To make it even more complicated, these numbers are stated with different conventions. The interest rate on a treasury bill, for example, is not directly comparable to the interest rate on a treasury bond, because they are defined in slightly different ways. A lot of errors in finance creep in when people miscommunicate interest rates.
Kennyking1234:
Please oga's what's the difference between ROI and interest?
If I use them interchangeably am I correct?

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 9:54am On Mar 05, 2021
yazga:
The terms are synonymous, although they are typically used in different contexts. Both of them divide a payout by a principal amount invested.

Rate on interest is typically used when describing the amount earned on an investment or project. It always includes both cash payouts and gains or losses from price changes. If you buy a stock for $100 and a year later receive a dividend of $1 and the stock ex-dividend is worth $104, your rate of return was ($1 + $104 - $100) / $100 = 5%. It’s usually a backward looking figure, what you actually earned. If you want to talk about future you would usually call it “expected” rate of return.

Interest rate is typically used in a forward looking sense, a return (most commonly paid in cash) that is promised. For example, if you buy a bond with an interest rate of 5% and a principal amount of $100, it might pay you $5 per year for five years, and your $100 back (along with the last interest payment) at the end of five years.

If someone buys the bond above for $80, the rate of return will differ from the stated interest rate (also known as the coupon rate) of the bond. If someone asked, “What’s the interest rate on that bond,” someone could answer 5% (the coupon rate), 6.25% (the current yield, $5 / $80) or 10.32% (the rate of return the $80 buyer will earn if the bond makes all payments).

So it’s always important to get context when people throw around terms like rate of return or interest rate. To make it even more complicated, these numbers are stated with different conventions. The interest rate on a treasury bill, for example, is not directly comparable to the interest rate on a treasury bond, because they are defined in slightly different ways. A lot of errors in finance creep in when people miscommunicate interest rates.
Thank you very much Sir.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 4:57pm On Mar 05, 2021
The reds! Still holding

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:08pm On Mar 05, 2021
LauraClasikVibe:
Investing is when you buy a piece of ownership in a business.

Trading is when you hope a stock will go up for quick gains.

There are more traders than Investors

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 8:26pm On Mar 05, 2021
Kennyking1234:
The reds!
Buying opportunity

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 10:00pm On Mar 05, 2021
afroxyz:

Buying opportunity
SURE

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 10:50pm On Mar 05, 2021
Kennyking1234:
The reds! Still holding
Yes, still holding the line.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 10:50pm On Mar 05, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

There are more traders than Investors
Why do you say so?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2021
Leezah:
Yes, still holding the line.
What app is this? Trove?

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 11:03pm On Mar 05, 2021
Kennyking1234:
What app is this? Trove?
YES and yours is trading 213, right?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: okenzo22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.