Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (614132 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2023
I LIKE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE GLOBAL MARKET

This time is looking like chop and clean mouth. Our indicators are performing. It is good that we don't chase small stocks. Today we bought ACP, still in the spirit of building up a strong portfolio with some dividend paying/growth stocks.

Wishing everybody save investing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 10:55am On Jun 07, 2023
UPDATED TARGET TECHNICAL ANALYSIS MARKET PLAN FOR 7 JUNE- NIGERIA STOCKS

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 8:14pm On Jun 07, 2023
MGOL a former runner is up 60% on news of Lionel Messi joining Inter Miami.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 9:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
YerYer:
MGOL a former runner is up 60% on news of Lionel Messi joining Inter Miami.

Now up over 100% from Tuesday's closing price.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:37am On Jun 08, 2023
yok:
I LIKE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE GLOBAL MARKET

This time is looking like chop and clean mouth. Our indicators are performing. It is good that we don't chase small stocks. Today we bought ACP, still in the spirit of building up a strong portfolio with some dividend paying/growth stocks.

Wishing everybody save investing.

Happy with Chaka now?

Kindly provide a brief review of their platform, their fees etc when you have the time. Cheers
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 11:52am On Jun 08, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

Kindly provide a brief review of their platform, their fees etc when you have the time. Cheers

REVIEW OF CHAKA'S PLATFORM
As a way of introduction, I have account with a number of brokers both local and International. Best brokers are the foreign based as most are commission free, but access/meaningful minimum remittance to avoid the charge eating away your money has mede most of the foreign brokers a no go area (but if ypu can start with $500) , then you can use SPROUTFI or Tradezero they are one of the best for Nigerians for now.

ADVANTAGES OF USING CHAKA
- minimal starting deposit with NGN7000 you are okay
-reasonable commission 1% buy, 1% sell flat rate no minimum charge. This is in comarism to Trove, $1 minimum commission on any transaction. Thus, if you are buying stock with your initial 7 000, commission will be a minimum of NGN7000, compared with NGN70 if you use Chaka. Thus Trove commission here is like 10%.
- you can send money from your APP to your account. Just as you finish typing, your money is ready for trading (do it simple, deposy Naira, just as if you are making local payment)

- ease of withdrawal. You can withdraw as little as 3,500 with charge for any withdrawal of remittance fixed at an average og NGN50
- Company has experience as part of a group of a long standing Nigerian stock brokerage business. With others, Trove, BAMBOO promoters do not have this reputation of previous experience like chaka owners
- financially stable compared with Trove/chaka
-listening Managemnt. If platform is not working, one email to operations (or if they do not respond, tell me and I will send the mail to the quarter that will get issue resolved fast)
- the stocks are few, they only due with shares of companies in major exchanges or trade some minimum quantity (so you are prevented from investing in junks. you will not see TINGO here, you can search for TINGO on Nairaland to see details)
-registered with SEC and finra
-association with DRIVE WEALTH ensures you don't loose your money already invested in stocks as drivewealth in US is the big broker in charge of warehousing your shares (the shares are in your name you will be receiving notice of meetings in your physical Nigeria address, drivewealth will ensure that nothing funny happens to your shares, in case something happens, they will move your shares to another sub broker like chaka, Trove, sproutfi or a similar firm you desired)
-platform has stop and limit orders (but must buy full shares no fraction). For fractional buy/sells you use market order.
_there is a charge of $per month if you have account (Trove has this too), but no charge like this in SPROUTFI. But that is on the condition that you have unused 1$ in your account on 29th of the month. I think I have been affected by this just once at Trove, chaka (I cannot remember if they ever took this monthly $1.So this is no problem, use your money to below $1 by each moth end and you are free from this charge.

I believe this should satisfy your question. Out of all local platforms for trading Global stocks Chaka is still the best and will remain the best till we get better conditions elsewhere

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2023
yok:

REVIEW OF CHAKA'S PLATFORM
As a way of introduction, I have account with a number of brokers both local and International. Best brokers are the foreign based as most are commission free, but access/meaningful minimum remittance to avoid the charge eating away your money has mede most of the foreign brokers a no go area (but if ypu can start with $500) , then you can use SPROUTFI or Tradezero they are one of the best for Nigerians for now.

ADVANTAGES OF USING CHAKA
- minimal starting deposit with NGN7000 you are okay
-reasonable commission 1% buy, 1% sell flat rate no minimum charge. This is in comarism to Trove, $1 minimum commission on any transaction. Thus, if you are buying stock with your initial 7 000, commission will be a minimum of NGN7000, compared with NGN70 if you use Chaka. Thus Trove commission here is like 10%.
- you can send money from your APP to your account. Just as you finish typing, your money is ready for trading (do it simple, deposy Naira, just as if you are making local payment)

- ease of withdrawal. You can withdraw as little as 3,500 with charge for any withdrawal of remittance fixed at an average og NGN50
- Company has experience as part of a group of a long standing Nigerian stock brokerage business. With others, Trove, BAMBOO promoters do not have this reputation of previous experience like chaka owners
- financially stable compared with Trove/chaka
-listening Managemnt. If platform is not working, one email to operations (or if they do not respond, tell me and I will send the mail to the quarter that will get issue resolved fast)
- the stocks are few, they only due with shares of companies in major exchanges or trade some minimum quantity (so you are prevented from investing in junks. you will not see TINGO here, you can search for TINGO on Nairaland to see details)
-registered with SEC and finra
-association with DRIVE WEALTH ensures you don't loose your money already invested in stocks as drivewealth in US is the big broker in charge of warehousing your shares (the shares are in your name you will be receiving notice of meetings in your physical Nigeria address, drivewealth will ensure that nothing funny happens to your shares, in case something happens, they will move your shares to another sub broker like chaka, Trove, sproutfi or a similar firm you desired)
-platform has stop and limit orders (but must buy full shares no fraction). For fractional buy/sells you use market order.
_there is a charge of $per month if you have account (Trove has this too), but no charge like this in SPROUTFI. But that is on the condition that you have unused 1$ in your account on 29th of the month. I think I have been affected by this just once at Trove, chaka (I cannot remember if they ever took this monthly $1.So this is no problem, use your money to below $1 by each moth end and you are free from this charge.

I believe this should satisfy your question. Out of all local platforms for trading Global stocks Chaka is still the best and will remain the best till we get better conditions elsewhere

Very detailed. thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 2:16pm On Jun 08, 2023
YerYer:

CVNA looks juicy at these levels

Tenderjunkie I wonder if u bought this stock. It's up over 80% since this post. Up over 30% after the company announced positive 2nd quarter guidance.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by tenderjunkie: 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2023
YerYer:

Tenderjunkie I wonder if u bought this stock. It's up over 80% since this post. Up over 30% after the company announced positive 2nd quarter guidance.
grin grin
Yeah I did

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 3:32pm On Jun 08, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

Very detailed. thanks

Pls I want to ask a question, if I bought a US stock of 10000units and I gain 100$ let say I bought at 0.60 and I sell at 4$, will they release the total 40k$ to me at once upon sales?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:57pm On Jun 08, 2023
aremso:

Pls I want to ask a question, if I bought a US stock of 10000units and I gain 100$ let say I bought at 0.60 and I sell at 4$, will they release the total 40k$ to me at once upon sales?

I believe If your share price increase by $4 and you sell 10k shares, you'll have made 40k. Depending on the platform, It might take a few days for the actual cash to hit your wallet or account.

I tend to hold on to my stocks or mutual funds at the moment, so those who withdraw regularly may have more experience than I do.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 4:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

I believe If your share price increase by $4 and you sell 10k shares, you'll have made 40k. Depending on the platform, It might take a few days for the actual cash to hit your wallet or account.

I tend to hold on to my stocks or mutual funds at the moment, so those who withdraw regularly may have more experience than I do.

Thanks. Us stocks is more rewarding than local stocks if one can play the game well I bought a stock at 1.70$ went to 4.46$ the stock I bought same time on our NSE just started moving though am out already and I want to focus on US stocks. They may likely slip into recession that will make stocks cheap again
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2023
aremso:

Thanks. Us stocks is more rewarding than local stocks if one can play the game well I bought a stock at 1.70$ went to 4.46$ the stock I bought same time on our NSE just started moving though am out already and I want to focus on US stocks. They may likely slip into recession that will make stocks cheap again

Wow. That sound like a kill. Exactly same sentiments about the US stock market.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 8:09pm On Jun 08, 2023
YerYer:

Now up 60% today, over 145 million shares traded.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 5:00pm On Jun 09, 2023
APRN up 21% after announcing "closing of transaction with FreshRealm; transaction valued up to $50M"

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2023
YerYer:
APRN up 21% after announcing "closing of transaction with FreshRealm; transaction valued up to $50M"

APRN now up 76% in a matter of minutes. These call outs aren't random. The most important thing is the catalyst, is it a price moving news catalyst? Then I check the stock float and market cap, is it something retail investors can move up? Also, is it a former runner, something investors and speculators can recall.

This stock meets all those criteria, but most importantly, APRN has a market cap of $32M while this transaction is valued up to $50M. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that the is a great catalyst. Also, it's news that's released during trading hours, so everyone has a fair chance to get in at the same time.

As always, not financial advise, do your own research.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 6:55pm On Jun 09, 2023
Fam, pls what is the exchange rate on Chaka?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 8:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
YerYer:

APRN now up 76% in a matter of minutes. These call outs aren't random. The most important thing is the catalyst, is it a price moving news catalyst? Then I check the stock float and market cap, is it something retail investors can move up? Also, is it a former runner, something investors and speculators can recall.

This stock meets all those criteria, but most importantly, APRN has a market cap of $32M while this transaction is valued up to $50M. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that the is a great catalyst. Also, it's news that's released during trading hours, so everyone has a fair chance to get in at the same time.

As always, not financial advise, do your own research.

Up 92% or at all time high.
52 Week high.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by tenderjunkie: 8:25pm On Jun 09, 2023
YerYer:

Up 92% or at all time high.
How much gas does this have left.
I've made some profit already grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 8:29pm On Jun 09, 2023
tenderjunkie:

How much gas does this have left.
I've made some profit already grin

I don't really know, we are really extended here and it has hit my 3 profit targets. It's a Friday, I'm not sure many people want to hold over the weekend, but then again u never know with these small caps, they can go parabolic after hours. I'm trailing my stops from here.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by tenderjunkie: 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
YerYer:

I don't really know, we are really extended here and it has hit my 3 profit targets. It's a Friday, I'm not sure many people want to hold over the weekend, but then again u never know with these small caps, they can go parabolic after hours. I'm trailing my stops from here.
Sold. Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 9:58pm On Jun 11, 2023
TARGET TECHNICAL ANALYSIS- SHORT OPINION ON AI

I have taken keen interest in AI. looks pretty interesting. I have observed that AI will likely have positive effect on many stocks/industry: 1st beneficiaries would be businesses that collects data (TSLA fits in here plus the power side) , semiconductors, data center equipment suppliers, data centers, graphics related softwares, semiconductor machine companies, companies in power generation, animation/robots/automation, client /customer management softwares. .

Looking at the wide number of industries to be impacted, Ai is not a fluke. The industry may be able to stand the test of time. So we should have a plan to patcipate. The good thing is that we are becoming more experienced in investing. We should not get married to the stocks, we buy and sell using our indicators. I have already sold the 1st purchase of AMD/AI. C3 for a small profit and again I am looking to but back if my indicator says buy.

So we just play along with the market.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 7:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
NO TIME TO POST ANYTHING FOR NOW!!! BUSY DOING SOME BUYINGS
I will post what I have bought probably by tommorrow. But today it is AI day for me. Buying some pullbacks.

We are not worried about the price of the stock, as long as it is AI and read to move, we buy. Funny, bought a stock pricef around $400+, before is was unimaginable, but now I know better!!! Will say the name probably tommorow. I only bought fraction of stock though as I am buying like 3 equities today

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 10:39am On Jun 13, 2023
UPDATED TARGET TECHNICAL ANALYSIS MARKET PLAN FOR 13 JUNE- NIGERIA STOCKS &. PRE MARKET FOR GLOBAL STOCKS
The week is likely to start bullish as indicated by MSCI Nigeria. And we are starting with _ _ _ _ & GTCO as main stocks to watch.

Global market is behaving like ATM and I want to as myself, how can a place like this be quiet? No problem, many people have not discovered the potential of this forum and for the early adopters, we are happy. It will happen like when opening account with foreign Stockbrokers like passfolio/ trading 212 was easy, but now, only few people can open account with such brokers as you now need more money. So by the time some people decide to join us, AI stock would have hit the roof!!! angry cheesy cool

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 4:31pm On Jun 13, 2023
TODAY I CONCLUDE MY TRADES ON AI

If not the fact that I have been planning the trade for long, I would have stayed on the sideline. Many stocks on my watchlist could not make it to the buy stage.

Today our indicators guided us. I bought AI (c. 3). This would be my 2nd time after selling the fist purchase at a profit. Yesterday, I bought ADOBE

It is a pity CHAKA did not have GGN, I could have preferred a dividend paying stock. Nevertheless, I am happy!!! grin grin wink
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Uchefrancis16(m): 8:35am On Jun 14, 2023
coputa:
Why do you prefer a mere fixed return of 8% than buying a stock on aLong term that will multiply your fund.
Thank you for your response. It's actually as a form of portfolio diversification. 8 percent in dollars is good actually. Not every stock portfolio is able to pull that every year. I do not trade but invest long term (cost averaging). And for the past 3 years cumulatively, portfolio is barely above capital. After a harsh dip in the market.

8% per animal would have been 24%. So it's good to have some in stocks, and have some in fixed. It all balances out.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 12:10pm On Jun 14, 2023
UPDATED TARGET TECHNICAL ANALYSIS MARKET PLAN FOR 14 JUNE- WHAT IS AI IN SIMPLE LANGUAGE

*AI mean we want to replace our computers (in US for now) to be able to process information faster using DATA, we want the computer to take more DATA and process it faster, also we want computer to make all complex things to become simple (e. g a computer to convert a photograph to a painting, we want to buy things on line ( a computer to get us the specific shop that sell that thing at the lowest price after searching the whole world, spun wierd, that is chart gpt for U) . Our current computers are to be replaced or upgraded with faster ones that can handle more data and interconnect more to find data (the likes of NVDA deals devices call semiconductor that determines computer speed, they even want to manufacture new superfast computers) , anywhere data is located (networks comes here, connect more computers to find more information) .*One MAJOR spender on AI is US Military.

So from the above you can then start to put one plus one together to figure out the various industries that would be involved. From the above, this is why some old investors are worried that maybe chart GPT/AI is jus a fad, it has always been there. But now, more work want to be assigned to computers for then to make more decisions, e.g I do not jus want to search for the suppliers of an item, computer should tell me the store plus the price I can get the cheapest item (quality would have been factored in, e.g I put original Gucci bag)!!!!

Welcome to the age of AI.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 10:10pm On Jun 14, 2023
yok:
UPDATED TARGET TECHNICAL ANALYSIS MARKET PLAN FOR 14 JUNE- WHAT IS AI IN SIMPLE LANGUAGE

*AI mean we want to replace our computers (in US for now) to be able to process information faster using DATA, we want the computer to take more DATA and process it faster, also we want computer to make all complex things to become simple (e. g a computer to convert a photograph to a painting, we want to buy things on line ( a computer to get us the specific shop that sell that thing at the lowest price after searching the whole world, spun wierd, that is chart gpt for U) . Our current computers are to be replaced or upgraded with faster ones that can handle more data and interconnect more to find data (the likes of NVDA deals devices call semiconductor that determines computer speed, they even want to manufacture new superfast computers) , anywhere data is located (networks comes here, connect more computers to find more information) .*One MAJOR spender on AI is US Military.

So from the above you can then start to put one plus one together to figure out the various industries that would be involved. From the above, this is why some old investors are worried that maybe chart GPT/AI is jus a fad, it has always been there. But now, more work want to be assigned to computers for then to make more decisions, e.g I do not jus want to search for the suppliers of an item, computer should tell me the store plus the price I can get the cheapest item (quality would have been factored in, e.g I put original Gucci bag)!!!!

Welcome to the age of AI.

AI stocks that can still double this year? I am in PLTR
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 11:50am On Jun 15, 2023
TODAY IS LOOKING LIKE A PROBABLE DIFFICULT DAY IN THE MARKET
We need to have our stops in place, in case any of our postions get threatened.

Let us see what will happen to AI stocks as another big AI related stock declares earnings today.

For Nigeria stock we talk about MSCI in our message today. I can say that today's message is a very exciting. See the chart below

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 4:53pm On Jun 15, 2023
I AM ENJOYING THIS MARKET
Market is up today again. I have not seen the result for ADOBE yet, but from the movement in the maket, it seem 'O TO DOBE " it has become soup (to speak in yoruba). So we continue our AI ride.

For those who may be late, sorry oooo, we can get down from the bus at any time we are tired of tge ride.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YoungBuffet: 5:02pm On Jun 15, 2023
yok:
I AM ENJOYING THIS MARKET
Market is up today again. I have not seen the result for ADOBE yet, but from the movement in the maket, it seem 'O TO DOBE " it has become soup (to speak in yoruba). So we continue our AI ride.

For those who may be late, sorry oooo, we can get down from the bus at any time we are tired of tge ride.
j

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Derek273: 9:03am On Jun 16, 2023
Can anyone recommend any dividend paying stocks with good growth

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: Alaska90(m), yok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.