Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (608281 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (429) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by millennium2012: 12:51pm On Feb 12, 2020
OakPearl:

Congrats bro.
I have an account with Etoro, but never got to fund it just yet.
Happy investing. grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:53pm On Feb 12, 2020
Current Market Update:

U.S. futures for the S&P 500, Dow Jones and NASDAQ, along with global stocks all opened higher this morning, on the heels of reports suggesting the coronavirus' spread might be slowing.

Treasurys rose for a third day, the yen moved higher for a second day, and gold's slide extended to a third day.

Equity futures are pointing to higher highs for their underlying benchmarks today, even after those gauges closed well off more impressive gains made earlier yesterday.

The STOXX Europe 600 Index gapped up, pushed higher by retailers and automobile companies.

The Asian session was painted almost completely green on Wednesday. China’s Shanghai Composite and Hong Kong’s Hang Seng both advancing 0.87%. It was the 7th straight advance for the Shanghai index. All the other major regional indices opened higher, including Japan’s Nikkei 225, South Korea’s KOSPI and Taiwan's TAIEX.

Fishing for gold never got better.
Happy investing guys. grin

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2020
gamaliel9:

approved...kai no money in my wallet ooooo...Sprint will sprint more tomorrow

It may not, and it may.
The market is never in a straight line trajectory remember.
But if it does, "na who no like better thing?" grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by TLAX: 3:39pm On Feb 12, 2020
Is this where its now happening?

What are those apps that gives access to NYSE? Trove?

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sunnyfats: 4:11pm On Feb 12, 2020
Wanted to ask if there is a guidelines or something to understand before investing as you said earlier.

I already downloaded trove and verified my account.
I have not yet funded it, in fact I am not ready to do that until I have good understanding.

What do you advice..
Can you give me your watsapp contact, let me chat you up

OakPearl:
Dear Goldenrichard and Sunnyfats, I can see a notification that you sent a DM on my Nairaland home page, but I have checked repeatedly in the last 3 days and cant find your DM in my mail box. Sorry about that.
Something must be wrong somewhere as I have noticed this with other DM's too.

Can you please share your questions here so that other forum members can benefit?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Delords: 5:22pm On Feb 12, 2020
OakPearl:
Current Market Update:

U.S. futures for the S&P 500, Dow Jones and NASDAQ, along with global stocks all opened higher this morning...

Fishing for gold never got better.
Happy investing guys. grin
Hi, got my trove account verified, I was trying to ask for your ref ID and other stuff.

Sent you a Nairaland message, I hope you will reply with your email or tel no for whatsapp.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ThundrCork(m): 7:18am On Feb 13, 2020
OakPearl:

It may not, and it may.
The market is never in a straight line trajectory remember.
But if it does, "na who no like better thing?" grin

Are you familiar with any paid subscription service that makes calls on the right stocks to pick?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:54am On Feb 13, 2020
sunnyfats:
Wanted to ask if there is a guidelines or something to understand before investing as you said earlier.

I already downloaded trove and verified my account.
I have not yet funded it, in fact I am not ready to do that until I have good understanding.

What do you advice..
Can you give me your watsapp contact, let me chat you up

Your decision to have a good grasp of the workings of the market before investing a cent actually points to one good quality of successful investors: self-control.

I was like you when I came into this market.
With my years of experience in the Nigerian market, I knew that the US market was indeed a completely different kettle of fish and I needed to understand the whole system. One quick one I quickly noticed is the supersonic speed with which investors get market info and react swiftly before we get it here considering the 6hr time difference between the US and Nigeria.

My resolve to dig deep and gather knowledge got me subscribing to all manner of investment advisory organisations that costed me a whole lot of money I annual subscription costs and other charges for resourceful materials.

I receive loads of emails on all manner of predictions and positions many of which didn't turn out as projected.
I can tell you today that nothing beats your own final decision after soaking up all of these information.

My sincere advise is for you to relax, keep your feet down and draw and accumulate as much knowledge as possible. Thereafter, you launch out.
Here are website links to get you started:
https://www.investing.com
https://www.cnbc.com/world/?region=world
https://www.fool.com

As for WhatsApp chats, it's even worse because am a very busy fellow and very poor in responding to chats.

You are going to be resourceful to this forum even by asking your intelligent questions here.
Two advantages is that forum members will benefit from the answers given, and you will have richer answers from other experts wider perspectives here.
Happy investing bro.
Apologies for the long epistle guys. grin

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:03am On Feb 13, 2020
Delords:

Hi, got my trove account verified, I was trying to ask for your ref ID and other stuff.

Sent you a Nairaland message, I hope you will reply with your email or tel no for whatsapp.

Thanks in advanuce.

Congrats on your new account.

So sorry I wasn't receiving the emails but that has been finally resolved yesterday.
Wow, you were going to reference me?
How nice of you sir.
I don't even know my reference number.
Will check.

I will reply the email now.
I appreciate your kindness.
Happy investing.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:08am On Feb 13, 2020
ThundrCork:

Are you familiar with any paid subscription service that makes calls on the right stocks to pick?

My brother many are out there; some of which I subscribed to but I realised there is nothing too fantastic about some of the charges they are asking for, especially when I see the performance of my portfolio based on matket calls I made myself.

I use their calls as study materials though just in case I find them profitable based on my personal findings.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sunnyfats: 10:30am On Feb 13, 2020
OakPearl:

Your decision to have a good grasp of the workings of the market before investing a cent actually points to one good quality of successful investors: self-control.

I was like you when I came into this market.
With my years of experience in the Nigerian market, I knew that the US market was indeed a completely different kettle of fish and I needed to understand the whole system. One quick one I quickly noticed is the supersonic speed with which investors get market info and react swiftly before we get it here considering the 6hr time difference between the US and Nigeria.

My resolve to dig deep and gather knowledge got me subscribing to all manner of investment advisory organisations that costed me a whole lot of money I annual subscription costs and other charges for resourceful materials.

I receive loads of emails on all manner of predictions and positions many of which didn't turn out as projected.
I can tell you today that nothing beats your own final decision after soaking up all of these information.

My sincere advise is for you to relax, keep your feet down and draw and accumulate as much knowledge as possible. Thereafter, you launch out.
Here are website links to get you started:
https://www.investing.com
https://www.cnbc.com/world/?region=world
https://www.fool.com

As for WhatsApp chats, it's even worse because am a very busy fellow and very poor in responding to chats.

You are going to be resourceful to this forum even by asking your intelligent questions here.
Two advantages is that forum members will benefit from the answers given, and you will have richer answers from other experts wider perspectives here.
Happy investing bro.
Apologies for the long epistle guys. grin

Thank you for this, will follow those links you sent here.
I am already running the demo account, I do pick few things here and there from what you guys are discussing.
Pls Continued and thanks to everyone.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:39pm On Feb 13, 2020
STOCK FOCUS:
Virgin Galactic (SPCE) $23.08
Do you want an exciting new play?
I have recorded 100% on this stock between Dec. 2019 and yesterday.
I am not ready to quit because this one has a special kind of behaviour of continuous rise.

The company aims to commercialize space travel by developing spacecraft for both private individuals and researchers.

Virgin Galactic operates as a holding company - engaging in "the business of owning and operating privately built spaceships."

In other words, the company designs manned, passenger-carrying spaceships that can fly you to space, safely - without the need for expertise or exhaustive training.
Does Virgin Galactic have any noteworthy earnings?
No.
Does it have any revenues?
Hardly.
Its current price-to-earnings ratio is an eye-popping 161.58.

However, since its latest earnings release on November 15, Virgin Galactic stock has more than doubled.

Just look at the stock chart...

If you're up for speculating, then this company that IBD calls the "Tesla of space" should be the newest addition to your portfolio.

N/B: You are solely responsible for the investment decisions you make.
The poster will not be liable for your actions.
Do your due diligence.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 3:53pm On Feb 13, 2020
Amotekun2020:
For dividend hunters, watch out for

http://ir.kraftheinzcompany.com/stock-information/dividend-history

Damn, the stock is down almost 8% today after reporting earnings. The 5.33% dividend is juicy though, hopefully it doesn't drop further.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 3:55pm On Feb 13, 2020
OakPearl:
STOCK FOCUS:
Virgin Galactic (SPCE)
I am not ready to quit because this one has a special kind of behaviour of continuous rise.

The company aims to commercialize space travel by developing spacecraft for both private individuals and researchers.

Virgin Galactic operates as a holding company - engaging in "the business of owning and operating privately built spaceships."

In other words, the company designs manned, passenger-carrying spaceships that can fly you to space, safely - without the need for expertise or exhaustive training.
No.
Hardly.

However, since its latest earnings release on November 15, Virgin Galactic stock has more than doubled.

If you're up for speculating, then this company that IBD calls the "Tesla of space" should be the newest addition to your portfolio.

Do your due diligence.

I just bought a few shares. The stock Is on a tear.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:34pm On Feb 13, 2020
YerYer:

I just bought a few shares. The stock Is on a tear.

Smart.
It has already gained $1.35 today!
Virgin Galactic!!!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ukay2: 8:43pm On Feb 13, 2020
Oakperl. ...please I saw in Trove to Add my credit card details?

Did you add your credit card details?

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nna777: 8:52pm On Feb 13, 2020
OakPearl:
STOCK FOCUS:

No.
Hardly.

Do your due diligence.

Finally!!!. We are live!!!. Thanks for the daily updates. you're really doing a good one. Just like you have said the US market is the best place to be.

Looking forward to your daily picks. Although am a newbie to the US market.

From #teamUACN on NSMEPA grin grin grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:21pm On Feb 13, 2020
ukay2:
Oakperl. ...please I saw in Trove to Add my credit card details?

Did you add your credit card details?

I guess you were trying to fund your account that's why you were asked for your debit card details being a Nigerian resident.
This comes with additional charges.

I advise you rather do a direct transfer from your bank mobile app using the USD option.
This way you avoid charges and get your funds converted to USD automatically.
Always screen grab your transaction ID for quick processing though.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:27pm On Feb 13, 2020
nna777:

Finally!!!. We are live!!!. Thanks for the daily updates. you're really doing a good one. Just like you have said the US market is the best place to be.

Looking forward to your daily picks. Although am a newbie to the US market.

From #teamUACN on NSMEPA grin grin grin

Welcome on board bro.
I know you are a sound mind.
Lots of study we need, to bring us all up to speed.
Yes ooh @ #TeamUACN grin grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ukay2: 10:16pm On Feb 13, 2020
OakPearl:

I guess you were trying to fund your account that's why you were asked for your debit card details being a Nigerian resident.

I advise you rather do a direct transfer from your bank mobile app using the USD option.

Thanks boss.

Just that it was one of the spaces to fill...after BVN and Documents. ....next is Bank debit card details. ..

.....so i will not fill the debit card details? Since it is not compulsory. ....

How many days will Trove take to verify my documents before I will fund and start trading US stocks?

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:57am On Feb 14, 2020
ukay2:

Thanks boss.

Just that it was one of the spaces to fill...after BVN and Documents. ....next is Bank debit card details. ..

.....so i will not fill the debit card details? Since it is not compulsory. ....

How many days will Trove take to verify my documents before I will fund and start trading US stocks?

If it's the account opening form you are filling, then enter your debit card details.
They need it to be programmed in the system to enable you fund your trading account shoukd you elect to do so with your card.

It may take about 48 hours to verify your docs.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:49am On Feb 14, 2020
OakPearl:

If it's the account opening form you are filling, then enter your debit card details.
They need it to be programmed in the system to enable you fund your trading account shoukd you elect to do so with your card.

It may take about 48 hours to verify your docs.

Good day, bro. I just funded account. Do you feel SPCE is still a buy at its current price?
Also, how you see GNPX?
Thanks in advance for your response

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Bengurion1: 9:16am On Feb 14, 2020
OakPearl:
STOCK FOCUS:

No.
Hardly.

Do your due diligence.

@Oakpearl, nice job you're doing here. For the gurus in the house, pls share your stock picks and idea for us to learn and participate as well.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by millennium2012: 10:19am On Feb 14, 2020
Do you mean using Dom account?
Can one make a direct transfer (with USD option) using naira account?

OakPearl:

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:48pm On Feb 14, 2020
millennium2012:
Do you mean using Dom account?
Can one make a direct transfer (with USD option) using naira account?

I don't mean using Dom account sir.

Yes, you can make a direct transfer from your naira account but choose the USD option on Trove platform while transfering naira so it is converted and ready for immediate funding of your US stocks.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:53pm On Feb 14, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Good day, bro. I just funded account. Do you feel SPCE is still a buy at its current price?
Also, how you see GNPX?

I salute you bro.
Congrats on signing up.
I do think it is still a buy especially if you can have some patience and look away from the occasional pull backs.

Best way to enter is to buy in bits as it pulls back after a recent rise and so on.
That will afford you a good average entry price and position you for gains going forward.

SPCE will complete their second space ship this year, and that announcement when it is done will drive the price further from where it may be.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:09pm On Feb 14, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Also, how you see GNPX?

GNPX seems to be having a great attention with over 27m shares traded yesterday.
This will surely continue today when the market opens.

It suffered depression after an all time high of over $19/share in April 2018 to an all time low of $0.23/share in December 2019.
It has gained 106% in the last 5 days, and 612% in the last 1 month!!!

This is a typical resurgence and could have been classified as a case of "he that is down needs fear no fall".
But I think there is more to its powerful rebound.
Maybe a new discovery as they are into developing cancer related medication

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:38pm On Feb 14, 2020
STOCK FOCUS:
Tesla (TSLA) $804
BREAKING!!!
Tesla priced its secondary common stock offering at $767 a share, raising more than $2 billion, the company said on today. The move will likely largely be seen as a success since that is only a slight discount to its previous closing price.

The company said it will sell 2.65 million shares at that price, which is a 4.6% discount to its Thursday close. CEO Elon Musk will buy $10 million and Oracle billionaire Larry Ellison will purchase $1 million worth in the offering, the company said.

Shares of Tesla initially fell after the pricing but quickly turned positive, building on Thursday's nearly 5% gain on news of the offering. The surprise move higher showed there is continued demand for the Musk-driven stock. The shares are up 92% this year alone through Thursday, raising questions about whether it is a bubble being driven by market factors.

N/B: Showing signs of trading below its close of yesterday from what I can see in pre-market.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DeRuggedProf: 1:41pm On Feb 14, 2020
See the big boys forming another club..... grin grin grin
Magu will soon join you here.... grin grin grin
Just came to peep and report back........ grin grin grin

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by anjilgreat(f): 1:44pm On Feb 14, 2020
Great effort OP and all! Closely following, hoping to join you some day.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:28pm On Feb 14, 2020
OakPearl:

GNPX seems to be having a great attention with over 27m shares traded yesterday.
This will surely continue today when the market opens.

It suffered depression after an all time high of over $19/share in April 2018 to an all time low of $0.23/share in December 2019.
It has gained 106% in the last 5 days, and 612% in the last 1 month!!!

This is a typical resurgence and could have been classified as a case of "he that is down needs fear no fall".
But I think there is more to its powerful rebound.
Maybe a new discovery as they are into developing cancer related medication

Thanks for your prompt. Will do further research to find out what's behind the resurgence.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:30pm On Feb 14, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Thanks for your prompt. Will do further research to find out what's behind the resurgence.

Abeg, how long does it take for the money in naira to be converted to dollars? I used the conversion key since morning, but the amount in dollars is yet to reflect. Status is still written "pending".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (429) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87