Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,069 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (609515 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ukay2: 10:33am On Feb 15, 2020
millennium2012:
Check out http://dividend.com

Thanks boss
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ukay2: 10:35am On Feb 15, 2020
gamaliel9:

Within two hours, but you must exchange before 2pm...otherwise you get your dollar the next business day.

It is still better with N362 compared Trove App N368 to $1.

Also it's good to convert before 2pm, so that you can start trading by 3-9pm in USA stocks market
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 10:40am On Feb 15, 2020
ukay2:

It is still better with N362 compared Trove App N368 to $1.

Also it's good to convert before 2pm, so that you can start trading by 3-9pm in USA stocks market

Yes Sir....you got it,so that you can use it to trade.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ukay2: 10:42am On Feb 15, 2020
gamaliel9:

Yes Sir....you got it,so that you can use it to trade.

What are their requirements to open account for US stocks trading?

Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 10:55am On Feb 15, 2020
ukay2:

What are their requirements to open account for US stocks trading?

Thanks

Just the same requirements with local stocks..one kyc form for them.....and $10 minimum deposit..lol

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ScepterWorld: 11:10am On Feb 15, 2020
Wonderful contributions from gurus in the house.

Investing in the US market is the ultimate solution to any threat of devaluation to your hard earned money.

I am pleased for every member of this forum.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
DeRuggedProf:
See the big boys forming another club..... grin grin grin
Magu will soon join you here.... grin grin grin
Just came to peep and report back........ grin grin grin

Nice to have you around bro.
My brother small boys are led by the Spirit to trade US stocks now oh.
The Almighty God who sees the end from the beginning may be preparing His children ahead of the effect of any future devaluation of the naira who knows?
My own na to obey divine instruction sam sam. grin

As for Magu, let him come, he will see there are genuine Nigerians working hard to earn legitimate income.
Las las we go repatriate dollars back to naija.
Better for our economy no be so? grin

13 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2020
anjilgreat:
Great effort OP and all! Closely following, hoping to join you some day.

Thanks for your kind words anjilgreat.
Happy to have you join and prosper when you do.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Abeg, how long does it take for the money in naira to be converted to dollars? I used the conversion key since morning, but the amount in dollars is yet to reflect. Status is still written "pending".

It's a matter of A few hours except there is a technical glitch.

I guess you must have been sorted by now.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2020
ukay2:

Thanks boss.

Account verification completed. ....now fully Trovean. ....Loooooool

Please I want to start testing the waters..which US stocks have good dividend paying history. ...let me start buying Afolabi units small small. ..

Any link on USA stocks dividend payments like we have in nairametrics?

Go for stocks with consistent quarterly dividend history.
Note that the dividend yield in this market is far lower than what we are used to in the Nigerian stock exchange.
I am yet to do a proper profiling as my initial focus is growth stocks for capital appreciation.

I intend to follow up on that later.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:34pm On Feb 15, 2020
YerYer:

SPCE up 14%. I took a small stake in the stock and options. The call options trade is already up 200% shocked

OakPearl:
STOCK FOCUS:
Virgin Galactic (SPCE) $23.08
Do you want an exciting new play?
I have recorded 100% on this stock between Dec. 2019 and yesterday.
I am not ready to quit because this one has a special kind of behaviour of continuous rise.

The company aims to commercialize space travel by developing spacecraft for both private individuals and researchers.

Virgin Galactic operates as a holding company - engaging in "the business of owning and operating privately built spaceships."

In other words, the company designs manned, passenger-carrying spaceships that can fly you to space, safely - without the need for expertise or exhaustive training.
Does Virgin Galactic have any noteworthy earnings?
No.
Does it have any revenues?
Hardly.
Its current price-to-earnings ratio is an eye-popping 161.58.

However, since its latest earnings release on November 15, Virgin Galactic stock has more than doubled.

Just look at the stock chart...

If you're up for speculating, then this company that IBD calls the "Tesla of space" should be the newest addition to your portfolio.

N/B: You are solely responsible for the investment decisions you make.
The poster will not be liable for your actions.
Do your due diligence.

Amazing.
Congrats bro.
I get so much joy hearing about winnings of members of this forum.

I recall your swift response when I did a Stock Focus on it a day to your trade when it was $23.08 and it closed the next day at $28.68!
A whopping $5.60/share gain in one day! grin

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:39pm On Feb 15, 2020
ukay2:

But it takes Trove App more than 5 hours to convert my naira funds to dollars. ...still pending.

Oga Oakperl, do you experience this slow exchange of naira wallet to dollars wallet?

My brother they will all have their challenges from time to time.
So best off is to get registered with at least two of them so you can switch to either of them if you are faced with any sort of delays or unfavourable service.

I am about to fund my Chaka account for flexibility and dynamism.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:42pm On Feb 15, 2020
ukay2:
Bought SPCE...today

Learnt there is public holiday on Monday in USA. ...no nonsense market on Monday 17th Feb

Congrats bro.
Virgin Galactic is one step closer to blastoff.
The aerospace company's stock price surged as much as 19% on Friday to an all-time high of $28.23 per share, capping off five straight days of gains.

I am long on this unless there appears contrary signals.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:44pm On Feb 15, 2020
millennium2012:
Someone was asking where their office is located, I got their Office address yesterday. Its located at near Adesanya round about, Directly opposite Fidelity bank, Ajah, Lagos. I will be paying them visit on Monday.

Good.
Maybe you can alert them to the exchange rate competition they face with Chaka.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:46pm On Feb 15, 2020
ukay2:

How fast is their change of naira to dollars?

N362 is very reasonable

Am reasoning opening another account with Chaka...the way your promoting it oooo
Loooooool

Way to go.
This is business and the best decision is paramount.
You can then have the convenience of making a choice between them should any delay arise from either of them.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by anjilgreat(f): 12:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
OakPearl:

Thanks for your kind words anjilgreat.
Happy to have you join and prosper when you do.

Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:51pm On Feb 15, 2020
millennium2012:
I didn't see GNPX symbol on Trove, I only saw it on NASDAQ quoted company, can you help out please.

They are yet to be listed on the boards of both Trove and Chaka.
There are minimum criteria of listing these apps used in determining what companies they take on board.
Critical amongst these criteria are volatility, liquidity, and price.
The aim is to avoid listing companies that are illiquid and will be difficult to sell off.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ChybuzzDD(m): 12:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
OakPearl:

It's a matter of A few hours except there is a technical glitch.

I guess you must have been sorted by now.

Yes, my brother, it was sorted out early this morning. As such, I couldn't buy the GNPX I asked you about yesterday, and hence missed out on the over 100% mega bull it recorded during the trade.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by LordAdam16: 1:55pm On Feb 15, 2020
I do not want to be an alarmist.

However, knowing the average Nigerian's propensity to pass blames, it is pertinent to make a crucial admission.

Currently, in 2020, the US stock market is on its last legs.

Granted, analysts have been sounding it off to whoever would listen since 2015 that a recession is due.

But on the back of an amazing 2019, an election year in the US, unsustainable debt levels, the central banks almost exhausting their tools to prop up the global economy, and all of the unbelievable records the market has made; there's not much upside left before things cool.

And you do not want to be left holding the bag when that happens. Because I know there'd be many who will not be hesitant to call out OakPearl, YerYer and other veterans if that were to happen. I'd like to see this thread flourish come what may.

My point: in WAfE parlance, is that you shine your eyes. Play only with amounts you can comfortably lose. Don't get greedy. Stay glued to the news, this is not a set-and-forget scheme. And this may not be the best time to play the long game.

Now, I could be very wrong. We could have another 3, 5, or more years of bliss. I certainly wouldn't complain. And those who bet their hat would come out on top with sumptuous ROI, like the TSLA believers. I'm just saying you should note the risk and how much you're willing to shoulder.

Yup, that's all.

-Lord

14 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:15pm On Feb 15, 2020
LordAdam16:

However, knowing the average Nigerian's propensity to pass blames, it is pertinent to make a crucial admission.

Granted, analysts have been sounding it off to whoever would listen since 2015 that a recession is due.

But on the back of an amazing 2019, an election year in the US, unsustainable debt levels, the central banks almost exhausting their tools to prop up the global economy, and all of the unbelievable records the market has made; there's not much upside left before things cool.

And you do not want to be left holding the bag when that happens. Because I know there'd be many who will not be hesitant to call out OakPearl, YerYer and other veterans if that were to happen. I'd like to see this thread flourish come what may.

My point: in WAfE parlance, is that you shine your eyes. Play only with amounts you can comfortably lose. Don't get greedy. Stay glued to the news, this is not a set-and-forget scheme. And this may not be the best time to play the long game.

Now, I could be very wrong. We could have another 3, 5, or more years of bliss. I certainly wouldn't complain. And those who bet their hat would come out on top with sumptuous ROI, like the TSLA believers. I'm just saying you should note the risk and how much you're willing to shoulder.

Yup, that's all.

-Lord

Very worthy unbiased warning bro.
Reason members are advised to do their due diligence on any recommendation.
Nothing beats the do-it-yourself principle.
Everyone be safe, remain glued to the news and updates and take appropriate actions.
You are the CEO of your portfolio.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ukay2: 3:09pm On Feb 15, 2020
OakPearl:

Go for stocks with consistent quarterly dividend history.
Note that the dividend yield in this market is far lower than what we are used to in the Nigerian stock exchange.
I am yet to do a proper profiling as my initial focus is growth stocks for capital appreciation.

I intend to follow up on that later.

Thank you Sir.

I bought SPCE and Nokia yesterday

Please do and be coming around to guide on on this journey
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ukay2: 3:20pm On Feb 15, 2020
@Oakperl, I didn’t see the bids and offer prices of most stocks during trading hours yesterday. .....is it possible am missing how to use the Trove App. .....that made me to buy the 2 stocks at market value because the limit prices I put op failed several times, then I used market value to buy.

If you could share snapshot of how bid and offer prices appear on your trove app, I will really appreciate it.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 3:43pm On Feb 15, 2020
LordAdam16:

Yup, that's all.

-Lord

Good points bro. Honestly I come across so many people even at my place of work who ask about investing in stocks maybe because they've heard me talk about it before or they heard from someone else. They all seem to believe it is a get-rich-quick scheme. I always let them know about the risks involved and if I sense any pipe dream of turning millionaire overnight, I don't even engage them again because I know they will be quickly disappointed and they will blame me for it.

Investing in stocks comes with risks. That's why it's important to know your risk tolerance and time horizon. When I started buying stocks, I went with the recommendation of a nairalander and bought shares of foot maker Sketchers for $143 a piece only to see it drop to $27.80 before selling. I didn't blame anyone though, I saw it as a learning experience.

Everyone should carry out their own research on recommended stocks and invest what you are comfortable losing. Hedge your positions with options if possible as well.

12 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by JAS10: 4:40pm On Feb 15, 2020
I just created an account with CHAKA but no KYC document was submitted. Is this OK?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Toluway: 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
ScepterWorld:
Nice tread.
I shall give updates as time permits.
The US market opens from around 3:30pm-9pm Nigerian time, Monday to Friday, except on week ends and US public holidays.

Early signs from pre-market activities indicate the market is set to continue the rally that began on Monday.
3 to 9 pm. I've been trading in Trove. Though I've closed my account recently because i want to trade with a certified broker with a platform. Trove is only helping you to trade, using a platform that it doesn't own. So, there are many informations that you cant get.
To this end, i have discovered avatrade where i will soon open an account www.avatrade.ng/cfd-trading/stocks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Toluway: 5:17pm On Feb 15, 2020
ukay2:
@Oakperl, I didn’t see the bids and offer prices of most stocks during trading hours yesterday. .....is it possible am missing how to use the Trove App. .....that made me to buy the 2 stocks at market value because the limit prices I put op failed several times, then I used market value to buy.

If you could share snapshot of how bid and offer prices appear on your trove app, I will really appreciate it.

Thanks
I tried but couldn't find bid and offer in Trove. I dont see market overview that shows that. If im not mistaken, that's one of the limitations of trove. It is not a trading platform, it is just an intermediary.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by stokfrick: 5:44pm On Feb 15, 2020
Can anyone here using trove also confirm the presence of the bid and ask prices?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nna777: 5:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
My people. I was researching on Gilead Sciences Stock. (GILD). It's set to rebound from its current low of $66 in the coming weeks. Its previous 52weeks high was $117.

Does anyone have additional info

Just checked. It closed $67.56 on Friday. Part of the top gainers. Technicals showing strong buy. They are the ones experimenting a cure for the coronavirus
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:49pm On Feb 15, 2020
ukay2:

Thanks

We don't have that luxury of seeing those details on these apps yet.
I have also tried limits and they always failed.
We can hope for more competition to see who offers better services going forward.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:50pm On Feb 15, 2020
YerYer:

Good points bro. Honestly I come across so many people even at my place of work who ask about investing in stocks maybe because they've heard me talk about it before or they heard from someone else. They all seem to believe it is a get-rich-quick scheme. I always let them know about the risks involved and if I sense any pipe dream of turning millionaire overnight, I don't even engage them again because I know they will be quickly disappointed and they will blame me for it.

Investing in stocks comes with risks. That's why it's important to know your risk tolerance and time horizon. When I started buying stocks, I went with the recommendation of a nairalander and bought shares of foot maker Sketchers for $143 a piece only to see it drop to $27.80 before selling. I didn't blame anyone though, I saw it as a learning experience.

Everyone should carry out their own research on recommended stocks and invest what you are comfortable losing. Hedge your positions with options if possible as well.

Well said bro.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2020
Toluway:

3 to 9 pm. I've been trading in Trove. Though I've closed my account recently because i want to trade with a certified broker with a platform. Trove is only helping you to trade, using a platform that it doesn't own. So, there are many informations that you cant get.
To this end, i have discovered avatrade where i will soon open an account www.avatrade.ng/cfd-trading/stocks

Well done bro.
Kindly let the house know how it goes after you sign up.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by stokfrick: 6:17pm On Feb 15, 2020
OakPearl:

We don't have that luxury of seeing those details on these apps yet.
I have also tried limits and they always failed.
We can hope for more competition to see who offers better services going forward.

I thought someone said there's now option for price limit on trove

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (430) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: Willie2015 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.