Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (615206 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2020
stokfrick:

I thought someone said there's now option for price limit on trove

I said so when I realised they had introduced the limit option which was non-existent.

But all attempts to use it has proved abortive.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2020
This could only point to a definite effect on the market if implemented.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ukay2: 7:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
Toluway:

I tried but couldn't find bid and offer in Trove. I dont see market overview that shows that. If im not mistaken, that's one of the limitations of trove. It is not a trading platform, it is just an intermediary.

Ok....we hope for more improvement going forward from Trove
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by stokfrick: 8:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
Guys, any trading platform that does not honor buy or sell limits should be rejected, cos it will make u loose a lot of money by buying at outrageous or unregulated price s or selling below target price

7 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by owolabi5: 5:21am On Feb 16, 2020
Following
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by JAS10: 6:52am On Feb 16, 2020
JAS10:
I just created an account with CHAKA but no KYC document was submitted. Is this OK?
Pls some one should respond to this question na.
Tanx
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 16, 2020
YerYer:

Congrats. Amotekun2020 is the dividend guru.

Here is the best link for tracking 0 to 5 yrs dividends hx

https://money.usnews.com/investing/stocks/dividend-growers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Toluway: 11:49am On Feb 16, 2020
Hi Soldiers of Fortune.
I must commend the initiative of Oakpearl for opening up this thread. It is a right step in the right direction. That he has attempted to espouse what some people have been benefiting is secrete in highly commendable.
Dear friends, what is the essence of life without adventure? The only way to discover and advance is adventure. Nothing venture nothing gained.
Knowledge, they say is power. This is yet another opportunity to gather and exchange ideas for our corporate benefits. God help those who help themselves.He will surely bless our efforts. God bless you all.
I appreciate the opportunity to be part of you.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Toluway: 12:12pm On Feb 16, 2020
[quote author=OakPearl post=86677619]

Well done bro.
Kindly let the house know how it goes after you sign up.[/quote
I diversified on abou 10 well researched stocks in Trove for a month, doing my research at Bloomberg and Google Finance. Costs $2 per trade, meaning the more you diversify, the more you pay. You also pay a service charge for funding your account.
My conclusion is that trove is only an intermediary platform, lacking some facilities that would allow you to enjoy your gsme. I recommend that you look for a fully registered platform on which you can trade Nigerian stocks from Nigeria. That lead to my discovery of avatrade.com
My humble contribution for now.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 16, 2020
For Resilient and aggressive RISK takers, here is one of the most profitable commodity in the world.
RHODIUM..... It has been on steroid in the last two years. The role of this scarce commodity in EV and absolute reduction of green house emissions is the reason for the steroid. However, like any other commodity, should a substitute be discovered (this I strongly doubt) the price might nosedived. For now, it is projected to return another 450% in 2020 as the race for Environmental sustainable investments kick on.

https://origin.markets.businessinsider.com/commodities/rhodium-price

https://www.reuters.com/article/palladium-platinum-johnson-matthey/palladium-platinum-and-rhodium-markets-all-in-deficit-in-2019-johnson-matthey-idUSL8N2AC47M?feedType=RSS&feedName=companyNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FcompanyNews+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+Company+News%29

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
JAS10:

Pls some one should respond to this question na.
Tanx

I think Chaka relies solely on your BVN to get other personal data, unlike Trove that requires documents uploaded.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2020
Toluway:
Hi Soldiers of Fortune.
I must commend the initiative of Oakpearl for opening up this thread. It is a right step in the right direction. That he has attempted to espouse what some people have been benefiting is secrete in highly commendable.
Dear friends, what is the essence of life without adventure? The only way to discover and advance is adventure. Nothing venture nothing gained.
Knowledge, they say is power. This is yet another opportunity to gather and exchange ideas for our corporate benefits. God help those who help themselves.He will surely bless our efforts. God bless you all.
I appreciate the opportunity to be part of you.
Thank you.

Very well said bro.
Welcome.
This can at least serve as a hedge against Nigeria's 2 biggest investement nightmares:
1. Inflation
2. Devaluation.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Ernesttoby30: 4:02pm On Feb 16, 2020
Good day all. I've been following this thread for some days now. Reason is that I'm deeply interested in investing in stock market. But I'm 100% novice about world stock market happenings. I've downloaded trove and Chaka. But yet to register.

Please my question now is, how can i fit in and what's the best way to trade in this stock market? Also, can i start with 30k being the maximum risk i can take for now
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:03pm On Feb 16, 2020
Ernesttoby30:
Good day all. I've been following this thread for some days now. Reason is that I'm deeply interested in investing in stock market. But I'm 100% novice about world stock market happenings. I've downloaded trove and Chaka. But yet to register.

Please my question now is, how can i fit in and what's the best way to trade in this stock market? Also, can i start with 30k being the maximum risk i can take for now

No one was born into anything.
We all came into the world unbiased with nothing, and learned our way into what has stood each one of us out.

Your interest in investing is the first step towards a new expertise.
Get your hands on as many educational materials as you can get on investing in stocks and especially in this case the US stock market.

Start acquiring knowledge reading the following books:
1. The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
2. The New Trading For A Living by Alexander Elder

Follow the latest events online on investing.com and cnbc.com and their likes to get regular updates and news about the market daily.
Good luck!

12 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DeRuggedProf: 9:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
Ernesttoby30:

If 30k is the maximum risk, why empty your entire risk basket at once? Why not start with say N15K , if go no go, you invest another 5K into the bottles of Guinness (not it's shares oooo), then think of how to use the Balance of 10K to recover your personality.... grin

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:19pm On Feb 16, 2020
Most anticipated earnings releases for the week beginning 17th February.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 4:10am On Feb 17, 2020
Aurora Cannabis Q2 2020 Earnings Highlights

Net Revenue of $66.6 million, excluding provisions of $10.6 millionNet Cannabis Revenue, excluding provisions, of $63.2 million, In Line With Recent GuidanceCash Cost to Produce Per Gram Sold of $0.88Successful Launch of Cannabis 2.0 Products Across CanadaConsumer Cannabis Net Revenue, excluding provisions, Grows at 11% Over Prior Quarter

“Despite delivering modest growth in our core medical and consumer business in Q2, we took immediate and deliberate actions to align our Company to current market conditions,” said Michael Singer, Executive Chairman and Interim CEO, Aurora Cannabis. “As announced last week, being a profitable cannabis company for our investors is the singular near-term focus for Aurora and we have begun to implement a business transformation plan where we intend to manage the business with a high degree of fiscal discipline.”

Aurora Cannabis Announces Second Quarter 2020 Results

AURORA CANNABIS (NYSE:ACB) PRICE TARGET AND CONSENSUS RATING

17 Wall Street analysts have issued ratings and price targets for Aurora Cannabis in the last 12 months. Their average twelve-month price target is $3.35, suggesting that the stock has a possible upside of 112.12%. The high price target for ACB is $9.07 and the low price target for ACB is $1.00. There are currently 3 sell ratings, 9 hold ratings and 5 buy ratings for the stock, resulting in a consensus rating of “Hold.”

N/B:
This is not a buy recommendation.
Do your due diligence.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Toluway: 9:37am On Feb 17, 2020
[quote author=DeRuggedProf post=86708133]

If 30k is the maximum risk, why empty your entire risk basket at once? Why not start with say N15K , if go no go, you invest another 5K into the bottles of Guinness (not it's shares oooo), then think of how to use the Balance of 10K to recover your personality.... grin[/quot Ruggedprofessor .......you don come ? Welcome
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Ernesttoby30: 10:44am On Feb 17, 2020
OakPearl:

No one was born into anything.
We all came into the world unbiased with nothing, and learned our way into what has stood each one of us out.

Your interest in investing is the first step towards a new expertise.
Get your hands on as many educational materials as you can get on investing in stocks and especially in this case the US stock market.

Start acquiring knowledge reading the following books:
1. The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
2. The New Trading For A Living by Alexander Elder

Follow the latest events online on investing.com and cnbc.com and their likes to get regular updates and news about the market daily.
Good luck!

Thanks alot for your timely response. I've downloaded the material. Will do as you said
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Ernesttoby30: 10:45am On Feb 17, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

If 30k is the maximum risk, why empty your entire risk basket at once? Why not start with say N15K , if go no go, you invest another 5K into the bottles of Guinness (not it's shares oooo), then think of how to use the Balance of 10K to recover your personality.... grin

I really appreciate your advice. I will look into it. Thanks alot
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 11:19am On Feb 17, 2020
So today is President's day in the US and a public holiday that's why there shall be no trading as a forum member rightly stated last week.

We however are going to keep working to know what is best for us and won't hesitate in updating the forum.

On a lighter note, and in the spirit of the holiday mood in the U.S., take this tweet from the President himself. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by millennium2012: 2:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
Ekuu Public Holiday. grin

I was at Trove Office this morning.
Two guys attended to me. One Miss Joke( Receptionist) and Praise (software developer).

We discussed at learnt, but in summary, the following issues were pointed out.

1. High exchange rate: they said theirs was cheaper than the likes Chaka and co. After much deliberation, they finally agreed it will be addressed at board level.

2. Limit Order Issue: They argued that such issue is only applicable for those who are not buying a complete share. I.e. if you want to buy Tesla whose current price is $800/share (e.g), then you decided to buy 50% of that, which is $400. Such Order will be executed at market Order not Limit Order.

They stressed that all these issuses will be addressed soonest, as the new Trove app is still a Beta version.

Finally, the good news is that their web or desktop version has been launched:
http://dashboard.troveapp.co

According to them, it's more robust that the Mobile version app version.

Generally, the Office is NOT mega, as you already know, they have just one branch for now.
For further information, please do well to contact them: 09077132746.

The last pix is Joke and Praise.

I hope this help?

7 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 3:10pm On Feb 17, 2020
Amotekun2020:

Here is the best link for tracking 0 to 5 yrs dividends hx

https://money.usnews.com/investing/stocks/dividend-growers

Thanks bro. I like Citigroup, the bank hasn't really rallied in the past 5 yrs.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2020
millennium2012:

Two guys attended to me. One Miss Joke( Receptionist) and Praise (software developer).

1. High exchange rate: they said theirs was cheaper than the likes Chaka and co. After much deliberation, they finally agreed it will be addressed at board level.

2. Limit Order Issue: They argued that such issue is only applicable for those who are not buying a complete share. I.e. if you want to buy Tesla whose current price is $800/share (e.g), then you decided to buy 50% of that, which is $400. Such Order will be executed at market Order not Limit Order.

They stressed that all these issuses will be addressed soonest, as the new Trove app is still a Beta version.

Generally, the Office is NOT mega, as you already know, they have just one branch for now.

I hope this help?

Wow bro that's huge. Once more people see this thread and sign up to buy U.S stocks, I feel like the brokers will up their game and cut costs. If they are smart they should be monitoring this thread for feedback. Well done.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by millennium2012: 4:05pm On Feb 17, 2020
You're right chairman. In fact, I told them that I represent a big community of learned investors. That the earlier they addressed these issues, the better for them.

YerYer:

Wow bro that's huge. Once more people see this thread and sign up to buy U.S stocks, I feel like the brokers will up their game and cut costs. If they are smart they should be monitoring this thread for feedback. Well done.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 4:57pm On Feb 17, 2020
OakPearl:
Aurora Cannabis Q2 2020 Earnings Highlights

Net Revenue of $66.6 million, excluding provisions of $10.6 millionNet Cannabis Revenue, excluding provisions, of $63.2 million, In Line With Recent GuidanceCash Cost to Produce Per Gram Sold of $0.88Successful Launch of Cannabis 2.0 Products Across CanadaConsumer Cannabis Net Revenue, excluding provisions, Grows at 11% Over Prior Quarter

“Despite delivering modest growth in our core medical and consumer business in Q2, we took immediate and deliberate actions to align our Company to current market conditions,” said Michael Singer, Executive Chairman and Interim CEO, Aurora Cannabis. “As announced last week, being a profitable cannabis company for our investors is the singular near-term focus for Aurora and we have begun to implement a business transformation plan where we intend to manage the business with a high degree of fiscal discipline.”

Aurora Cannabis Announces Second Quarter 2020 Results

AURORA CANNABIS (NYSE:ACB) PRICE TARGET AND CONSENSUS RATING

17 Wall Street analysts have issued ratings and price targets for Aurora Cannabis in the last 12 months. Their average twelve-month price target is $3.35, suggesting that the stock has a possible upside of 112.12%. The high price target for ACB is $9.07 and the low price target for ACB is $1.00. There are currently 3 sell ratings, 9 hold ratings and 5 buy ratings for the stock, resulting in a consensus rating of “Hold.”

N/B:
This is not a buy recommendation.
Do your due diligence.

Nice stock In focus. Just to add, the cannabis space had been a wild roller coaster ride. ACB has an all time high of about $12 which is more than 4000% higher than the current price of $1.57.

Some things investors should know, CEO just stepped down and the Executive Chairman Michael Singer is serving as interim CEO.

The company has reduced full time staff by about 500 which is about 18% of their work force.

ACB is expected to take an impairment charge of C$190 to C$225M when it reports earnings next week. An impairment charge basically means a reduction in asset value. The company will also report a writedown against "goodwill" charges of about C$740M to C$775M; part of these charges stem from its Latin America and Demark businesses that are struggling. In other words their bookkeeping record is suspicious and they are losing cash.

Worst of all, they are having financing problems. They currently have just C$25M in lending capacity, a reduction of C$141M as of recent. With little access to funds, growth will be slowed, and they are at risk of going bankrupt.

With all that doom and gloom, there's still a silver lining for bold investors. Canopy Growth Corp (CGC), another cannabis company reported good earnings last week and
stock popped about 4%. The risk reward for ACB is also enticing, this used to be a $12 stock and as OakPearl said, analysts have a price target of $3.35. ACB is also cutting cost by reducing their staff and wasteful spending, this should boost their stock post earnings but very likely Q3 earnings.

I will watch this stock closely, if I choose to buy in, I will only do so with money I'm comfortable losing, if it works out though, the gains will be huge.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2020
millennium2012:

I hope this help?

Very good job millennium2012.
Thank you for the feedback.
We hope they live up to the expectations.

However, I am of the opinion that the photos of the two staff shouldn't have been displayed for the sake of their privacy.

9 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:28pm On Feb 17, 2020
YerYer:

Nice stock In focus. Just to add, the cannabis space had been a wild roller coaster ride. ACB has an all time high of about $12 which is more than 4000% higher than the current price of $1.57.

Some things investors should know, CEO just stepped down and the Executive Chairman Michael Singer is serving as interim CEO.

The company has reduced full time staff by about 500 which is about 18% of their work force.

ACB is expected to take an impairment charge of C$190 to C$225M when it reports earnings next week. An impairment charge basically means a reduction in asset value. The company will also report a writedown against "goodwill" charges of about C$740M to C$775M; part of these charges stem from its Latin America and Demark businesses that are struggling. In other words their bookkeeping record is suspicious and they are losing cash.

Worst of all, they are having financing problems. They currently have just C$25M in lending capacity, a reduction of C$141M as of recent. With little access to funds, growth will be slowed, and they are at risk of going bankrupt.

With all that doom and gloom, there's still a silver lining for bold investors. Canopy Growth Corp (CGC), another cannabis company reported good earnings last week and
stock popped about 4%. The risk reward for ACB is also enticing, this used to be a $12 stock and as OakPearl said, analysts have a price target of $3.35. ACB is also cutting cost by reducing their staff and wasteful spending, this should boost their stock post earnings but very likely Q3 earnings.

I will watch this stock closely, if I choose to buy in, I will only do so with money I'm comfortable losing, if it works out though, the gains will be huge.

Nice rejoinder YerYer.
Much more holistic.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2020
OakPearl:

Nice rejoinder YerYer.
Much more holistic.

Just realized they reported earnings already.

What do you think about RFIL?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 7:19pm On Feb 17, 2020
What stocks are we looking up to tomorrow? Virgin Galactico? Tesla still? Any other?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by millennium2012: 11:28pm On Feb 17, 2020
I did post it because they actually permitted it.

When I was done with them, they actually pleaded with me to have a photograph with them. Which I did. I guess they're also looking for more publicity. No strings attached.

All the same. Point noted.

OakPearl:

Very good job millennium2012.
Thank you for the feedback.
We hope they live up to the expectations.

However, I am of the opinion that the photos of the two staff shouldn't have been displayed for the sake of their privacy.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 11:29pm On Feb 17, 2020
YerYer:

Just realized they reported earnings already.

What do you think about RFIL?

Though currently close to its 52-week low of $5.25, it is also close to its 52-wewk high of $8.89, meaning the margin for a potential upside may not be too attractive.

Fundamental analysis shows EPS of $0.36 and ROE of 11.86% are quite encouraging, but this beautiful fundamental is again thwarted by a characteristic low trading volume with a paltry 56, 397 traded last Friday.

Summary: Range is low, leaving liquidity squeezed out of it.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.