Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (609740 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Capitas7: 12:12am On Mar 24
Penboy:

Really?
Can you share such platforms please? Just in case some of us use them to be weary.

Acorns, Stash. I think Robinhood was in this category in the past. These are not the apps discussed here, and I think access to these apps have been restricted for some time now (maybe that's why many of us don't use them). It is a good thing to know about how one's broker deals. Middlemen shares arrangement benefits the middleman and the broker, not the investors/traders.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ifeolu002(m): 12:56am On Mar 24
Optimus app by afrinvest is a good app to use

1.5% commission
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 12:50pm On Mar 24
ifeolu002:

1.5% commission

Hmm..
So why should I dump my chaka for this?
Just asking.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Capitas7: 8:26pm On Mar 24
ifeolu002:

1.5% commission

Thank you for this info. Does one own the stocks they buy through Afrinvest or Afrinvest is just a middleman? Just for information purpose.
Thanks.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ifeolu002(m): 11:08pm On Mar 24
Capitas7:

Thank you for this info. Does one own the stocks they buy through Afrinvest or Afrinvest is just a middleman? Just for information purpose.
Thanks.

You own the stock you buy actually.
I am still a a newbie in foreign stock investment .
Just learning the robes from the ogas on this thread.

Pls I am open to join WhatsApp groups I can also learn from .
Pls who can I DM to get this opportunity
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Capitas7: 3:43am On Mar 25
ifeolu002:

Thank you for this information.
I am here to learn too just like you and many here.
I don't know of any group, so I can only advise care and caution when sending DMs or joining groups. A public forum like this is to encourages open, enlightening conversations and safety for members.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 8:59am On Mar 25
ifeolu002:

WhatsApp group is to rip you off your money.. Ask any questions here. Capable guys around would do justice to it.

Avoid taking stock advise from anyone in the internet without doing due diligence. On a good day I'll share my experience with that.

For now, you must put in the effort to study and learn.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 12:26pm On Mar 25
WHAT IS OUR MARKET EXPECTATION FOR TODAY
We expect a bullish day today. One of the reason for this is the US Parliament and President approving the spending budget over the Weekend.

Market has been very good, especially for blockchain stocks. However, we need to watch our portfolio to avoid a situation where we become too heavy on blochain related stocks.

We should continue to keep our ears close to the ground for inflation related matters. Again, in many continents, inflation is giving indication of rising again. Let us see how the world powers will handle this unfortunately, there is no strong leader that has the kind of weight to convince the oil produces to increase their quota like Trump.

For the newbies that want to lean on their own, this is good but be ready to suffer some losses that may likely be more that what you will pay for any subscription service (we are talking practical here). For example, d you know that in most of the books you may not see any thing like: short ratio, put/call ratio etc. The market is just too complex to try and learn on your own. As I individual, I paid for subscription services and trading platforms, and for me it was money well spent, I did not even feel I was paying anything looking at the benefit I was deriving. We can compare this to the time Passfolio introduced advance order capabilities (they retain your advanced orders till it is cancelled, no matter the number of dayd unlike what is available in chaka) , when stop/limit orders are canceled at the end of each trading day. I enjoy this so much, as on many occasions I wake up to see my sale proceed resting in my account when my stop order is hit while I was sleeping or away from my system.

Wishing everybody a profitable day.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Zagee: 2:01pm On Mar 25
$LABP not on bamboo, if you can get it before market open. Good deal!!!

Already too late. Up 192% in two seconds 🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Zagee: 3:24pm On Mar 25
$CGC showing massive dumping, but price holding strong as accumulation going on in the 15 minutes time frame. A spring is imminent. Still watching.
The montly timeframe is tempting grin, but apply caution as the weekly showing reversals.

$FOXO, holding strong in the early hours. We'll see. A pop to 1 is possible(when?)

Due diligence is adviced.

THE RISK ARE YOURS TO BARE ALONE!!

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Alexas58: 4:49am On Mar 27
Something exciting seems to be going on in the group major banks!

Grab this token $BBAR

And also add this $FTV
There seems to be a strong and ravaging bull market ongoing already
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 8:05am On Mar 27
Alexas58:
Something exciting seems to be going on in the group major banks!

Grab this token $BBAR

And also add this $FTV
There seems to be a strong and ravaging bull market ongoing already

Yes..
Especially that BBAR.
I was a holder at 5 and sold at 7.
They also pay good dividends. I'll try and get back in if I see an entry point.

It's an Argentine bank and it's part of the MERVAL index which has been one of the best performing indexes YTD.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 12:43pm On Mar 27
WHAT WE SHARED IN OUR CAUCUS GROUP TODAY
Blockchain and Marijuana are among the 2 sector that are currently in play. For blockchain, we are in already and we mentioned one stock that will be in the books of every blockchain ETF, today again we mentioned a Marijuana ticker that is doing shares buyback, a weal company will not buy back shares, so we are to take position in this stock.

Wishing all the best.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Susily(m): 1:18pm On Mar 27
Testimonies777:
I use Tradezero {USA] and I think their charges are better. You can register with them as a Nigerian and they have a live platform like Morgan. You can even short with them.

How do one fund his TradeZero from Nigeria?? Can it be funded via local bank transfer like Trove and Chaka?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 9:12pm On Mar 27
SOMEHOW THESE DAYS I DON'T FOLLOW NEWS THE WAY I USE TO DO AGAIN?
Focus more on the technicalities of our trade seems to be paying off. Like I told the Caucus the stock I am buying today just 2hrs ago. I explain that market today look risky. But L, despite that the trade will close on postive side from day 1. Looks good.

No, my worry is not trade entry!!! And I know majority of out trades ends in profit. My big headache now is keeping the losses small. Our trading books gives the idea as 8% or thereabout (I am taking on trade by trade basis, if 2% of our total account, this should still mean I should sacrifice about the 20% on trade by trade bases). Okay, we continue to see how to perfect our stop loss. Losses are annoying but we just need to acknowledge that we must be ready to take losses, as long as we are trading or will continue trading.

For today, it was another profitable day on our portfolios, yes our members expects this and will not be suprised, especially when we take sector rotation as a key component of our system. Those of us that have just started reading trading books, take note of sector rotation/top down approach, very key concepts
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 6:09am On Mar 28
WHAT IS MARKET EXPECTATION ON RATE CUT
Expectation of rate cut is what is keeping the market bullish (FED has assured of rate cut, but the time it will start is uncertain). We need tave this behind our mind so that when we see anything rate cut, we need to read the article to the end (will rate cut in the future still happen? This is what is important) . Actually for political reason, it will be suicidal to totally abandoned rate cut, to abandon rate cut mean the risk of democrats losing the election is higher and may mean handling the Presidential ticket to Republicans. The US is not like the undeveloped world like Nigeria where the welfare of the masses is taken for granted (rate hike means higher prices for goods/more suffering for the common man on the street) ,

Also to understand further, Le us read this:https://www.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/us-stock-futures-edge-lower-as-hawkish-waller-cools-rate-cut-hopes-3356004

Rate cut is a torchy matter, I am sure the FED are having a tough time on this rate cut matter. However, to align with the Government political objective (avoid saying or projecting that Government does not care if people will suffer), FED are having a heculian task, especially if inflation keep rising!!! On the whole, technical analysis will help us in knowing what to do without having to know too much economics or predict the future, we move along with the market dictates!!!

Conclusion: bullish hope is kept alive, all hinged on expectation that rate cut will happen, starting sometimes this year!!!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 9:10pm On Mar 29
CPE INFLATION FIGURE WAS FAVORABLE
On Monday we look forward to the market opening on a bullish note.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 1:18pm On Mar 30
I tried to post for about 3 times now have been banned and my post deleted, any way i won't be posting any stock again going forward. I will only post the results produced by any stock I trade

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 7:55pm On Mar 30
Susily:

How do one fund his TradeZero from Nigeria?? Can it be funded via local bank transfer like Trove and Chaka?

I don't think so ooo is with wire transfer and and charges 25$ as transfer charges.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Peacecephase: 9:02am On Mar 31
To my senior trader's in the house,please I'd like to know which is the best broker for trading foreign stocks.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Yok2: 11:09am On Mar 31
FOR THOSE THINKING OF OPENING ACCOUNT WITH TRADE ZERO!!!
Pls confirm from the platform if fractional share purchase is allowed? Very important, simply send them a mail, or else inability to buy fractional shares will handicap your accumulation of stocks like MSTR, ADOBE etc (share are close to or above $500/unit.

For purpose of emphasis, if you have less than $1500 to start, stay with TROVE, CHAKA. The commission of between 1.00 to 1.5% are reasonable enough, especially when we realize they are operating in a very business unfriendly environment like Nigeria.

I am saying the Chaka/Trove commission is reasonable if we look at the pre-Charles Schwab time. . Also, $50 (in Naira equivalent) is all you need to open account with any of the 2 and for now I can say their service is fair.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 6:00pm On Mar 31
Yok2:
FOR THOSE THINKING OF OPENING ACCOUNT WITH TRADE ZERO!!!
Pls confirm from the platform if fractional share purchase is allowed? Very important, simply send them a mail, or else inability to buy fractional shares will handicap your accumulation of stocks like MSTR, ADOBE etc (share are close to or above $500/unit.

For purpose of emphasis, if you have less than $1500 to start, stay with TROVE, CHAKA. The commission of between 1.00 to 1.5% are reasonable enough, especially when we realize they are operating in a very business unfriendly environment like Nigeria.

I am saying the Chaka/Trove commission is reasonable if we look at the pre-Charles Schwab time. . Also, $50 (in Naira equivalent) is all you need to open account with any of the 2 and for now I can say their service is fair.

You still confused us further chief.

What's your analysis on tradezero?

The main problem I think is funding.

Most of the require ACH or wire transfer which is a backdrop for us.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Geist(m): 7:17pm On Mar 31
Anyone know how to move stocks from Trove to say Chaka if at all it's possible? both foreign and local stocks

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 12:40am On Apr 01
MARKET OPENING BULLISH ON THE 1ST HOUR OF THE AUSTRALIAN SEASON
When the US stock market opens, we are likely to see the bulls opening the dance floor for the week.

This is a good time to be in this market. The market has sidestep all the bearish bombs!!!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Osas4lav(m): 6:07am On Apr 01
Hello everyone, I’m happy I found this thread. I’ve recently started learning trading and strategies but when I decided to start off and registered with brokers in Nigeria I realized they were very short on US stocks. My question is can I day trade on Trove, Chaka etc. maybe be able to use stop loss and take profit etc? 🙏🏽 abeg advices would be very much appreciated
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 12:48pm On Apr 01
Osas4lav:
Hello everyone, I’m happy I found this thread. I’ve recently started learning trading and strategies but when I decided to start off and registered with brokers in Nigeria I realized they were very short on US stocks. My question is can I day trade on Trove, Chaka etc. maybe be able to use stop loss and take profit etc? 🙏🏽 abeg advices would be very much appreciated

Except you're making 20 percent o each trade, it is not advisable. You'll only be making money for your broker.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by arasayar(m): 1:05pm On Apr 01
aremso:
I tried to post for about 3 times now have been banned and my post deleted, any way i won't be posting any stock again going forward. I will only post the results produced by any stock I trade

Pls continue posting, your recommendations helps us. 👍

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 10:22am On Apr 02
MARKET COMMENT 2 APRIL 2024
Today a lot of traders are going to sweat in this market. It is time to take some profits off the table especially in blockchain stocks.

Let us take profit, it is sometimes necessary. Opportunities in CHINESE, and metals/materials
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 9:11pm On Apr 02
TO TRADE WELL IN THIS MARKET ONE NEED LONGEVITY PLUS AN EDGE

Market is down today. It is okay not too suprised, the profitable traders need to cash out from time to time.

No, I am getting to the point where, I can say I am using some dangerous scanners. Yes, I use technical analysis, buy the technical analysis only pick up "alpha stocks". So, I can say the technical analysis incorporates some element of fundamental analysis.

Just like a member in our caucus asked me if I am buying stocking trading at 52 weeks high, I said no and true I went to scan for stocks at 52 weeks high, for me this 52 was just like a random picks of stock without our kind of quality.

So, I will ask that we should continue to be students of the market, fir example today we bought PBR fot our coffee can position (if you are hearing coffee can for the 1st time, please google "coffee can investing strategy so you understand what I am saying.

Wishing everybody the best. If you are in blockchain stocks, let us defend our postion by ensuring that profits does not turn to losses. tongue grin cheesy
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 6:20am On Apr 03
WHAT DOES THE MARKET HAVE FOR US TODAY:

MARKET PLAN FOR 3 APRIL 2024
Looking at the activities in the early morning/Asian season. Highly probable that we see some recovery today's as per the pre-market gainers having some heavy weights [/b]from S & P 500 showing up in the gainers list.

Also looking at intermarket analysis, GOLD still has some postive move to make, while Oil
looks fairly weak.

[b]Happy day to all. Again we remember our GO (OAKPEAL) today. God should continue to protect him and the anointing to read the market should increase and for us (AREMSO, ZAGEE, PENBOY & Others that I have not name) let us keep the flag flying "THERE IS MONEY HERE"wink

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (430) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.