Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,195 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (610354 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 10:06am On Mar 09
mygee2:

How can I reheated T212 as Nigerian

You can't
I'm sorry
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Willie2015: 5:17pm On Mar 09
chunkuli:
Please how do you use skrill to fund T212 accounts?

U can only use Gpay
and
Wire Transfer
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 11:23am On Mar 10
MY EXPERIENCE WITH US STOCKS IN RECENT TIME HAS BEEN A GOOD ONE
Was suprised to see that bidden signed the US funding bill on Saturday to avoid shutdown (I am suprised that I have not been following this up, why is that I am focused on Managing my Portfolio, so if my portfolio is not threatened, I don't need to be looking for too much news).

The effect 9f the above is that Monday is likely to open bullish. Another reason why I was not too focus on news is that my main stocks are in performing sectors of the market. Like we discussed 9n our group, if most of our watchlist are gaining, maybe it is luck and market is random. Then, I tried to pick some stocks randomly, to my suprise the too many losers I would have ended up with scared me so much, the conclusion is that our method is better than random.

This week, let us look forward to bitcoin stocks leading the market again. Tuesday and Thursday has some inflation reports, but bullish expectation in the market is likely to crush the bearish expectations.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 7:55pm On Mar 10
mygee2:

😞

I love such stock like BBAI but you must know how to play it, that is why you don't need to chase any stock once u missed good entry level then wait or look for another stock. Never chase price. Knowing support and resistance level is very important. HOLO moved from $2- $4 from 4-50$ from $50 to $72 just early or mid Feb but currently around $7 so one must develop strategy in this market if not one will be crushed.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 8:01pm On Mar 10
AI stocks is the next bubble in my view

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Zagee: 9:20am On Mar 11
aremso:

I love such stock like BBAI but you must know how to play it, that is why you don't need to chase any stock once u missed good entry level then wait or look for another stock. Never chase price. Knowing support and resistance level is very important. HOLO moved from $2- $4 from 4-50$ from $50 to $72 just early or mid Feb but currently around $7 so one must develop strategy in this market if not one will be crushed.

That was a massive run from HOLO. Wow!! Adding tobmy watch list.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 9:02pm On Mar 12
THERE IS BIG GAIN IN LONGEVITY
At this point, I am not afraid of selling at a loss if necessary. Why, I know the market cannot take away some of the profits I have pocket.

For example you can refer to the 2 stocks, I showed from my portfolio recently (NVDA and COIN). if they fall more than 20% from their current position, I will sell. Equally, MARA, CLSK and other bitcoin stock are in my selling list once they hit my stop loss. Thank God for the new ETFs for blockchains, we now have dividend paying bitcoin related ETFs. So if I am fed up with the normal bitcoin stocks, I will port to the ones paying dividend.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 2:50pm On Mar 13
yok:
THERE IS BIG GAIN IN LONGEVITY
At this point, I am not afraid of selling at a loss if necessary. Why, I know the market cannot take away some of the profits I have pocket.

For example you can refer to the 2 stocks, I showed from my portfolio recently (NVDA and COIN). if they fall more than 20% from their current position, I will sell. Equally, MARA, CLSK and other bitcoin stock are in my selling list once they hit my stop loss. Thank God for the new ETFs for blockchains, we now have dividend paying bitcoin related ETFs. So if I am fed up with the normal bitcoin stocks, I will port to the ones paying dividend.

Can you list the Bitcoin ETFS in your stock trading platform?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 2:31pm On Mar 14
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS ENDED 10 MARCH 2024
Yesterday I was trying to sell a stock around 9.40pm Nigeria time not knowing market has already closed by 9pm WAT.

Latter I confirmed that trading time now 2.30 to 9p.m WAT. We will enjoy this time till first week of November. So, let us keep this in mind.

Happy investing.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Capitas7: 4:40pm On Mar 14
Capitas7:
For long term investors, I think Valero is a good stock. The the company's free cash flow per revenue, P/E of approximately 5, and an attractive ROE.

I don't know what a good entry price is, although I once made close to 50% on the stock in the past. I hope I get some in the $125-$135 range for long term. Exxon Mobil at less than $99 is another one on my radar.
"I make no effort to forecast the market - my efforts are devoted to finding undervalued securities." - Warren Buffett.
One of the secrets of being successful in the stock market is developing a strategy that works for you and using the experience of successful investors (or maybe traders) to refine yours as you grow.
I have since learnt to remain a long term investor searching for value and buying at discounts - it works for me, and I continue to share/mention such stocks here.

NB: I do not see the tendency of 200% increase in price when I pick a stock for monitoring or entry - I just want to identify an underpriced one, and remain in the bus before news and attention start shining light on it. In my strategy, 30-40% capital appreciation in value stocks is a fortune, and the merrier when it even does 100% or more!

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Capitas7: 5:04pm On Mar 14
I mentioned in a post that discussions rarely happen here. I said so because we stand to gain a lot from one another when we share thoughts, constructively criticize stock picks, analyze data (financial statements, valuation metrics and charts), and even discuss sentiments.

A fellow shared their thoughts on Lucid and two of us replied with an opposing opinion (politely and constructively too). I have been checking that stock not for the purpose of coming back to say "I told you so", or to check how the said person is killing it, but to evaluate their prediction alongside my divergent opinion and make myself better.

Many made a kill in the 2020 bull run, and another one is on us; we can make a kill too.
When I mentioned (in Nov, Dec, Jan) the upcoming bubble in the AI space and the growth visiting the mag 7, it was already happening and that is why many of such stocks are overvalued (bubbly) today waiting to be bought by latecomers before correction (burst). The kill is in buying the rumor and selling the news like smart monies do - me sef advise babe to buy NVIDIA at less than $140, and the rest na story.

Together we can identify the next rewarding sector/idea, but it starts with discussions, not only 4 or 5 persons sharing their picks or transactions without receiving opinions or criticism or supporting ideas in return.

We are here to learn and build wealth!

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 8:49pm On Mar 14
Market Pulling Back Today Is Expected
We are in the topple Witching day zone. So, with high probability on the bearish side. We should expect more pullbacks tommorrow. Monday will be the final opportunity for bears, thereafter the market should return to normal late on Monday. So for today and tommorow we should keep our stocks tight and be ready to take profits on so. E 9f our postions. For today, tommorow and early Monday we do not need to rush this market?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by emmaodet: 10:41pm On Mar 14
Capitas7:

"I make no effort to forecast the market - my efforts are devoted to finding undervalued securities." - Warren Buffett.
One of the secrets of being successful in the stock market is developing a strategy that works for you and using the experience of successful investors (or maybe traders) to refine yours as you grow.
I have since learnt to remain a long term investor searching for value and buying at discounts - it works for me, and I continue to share/mention such stocks here.

NB: I do not see the tendency of 200% increase in price when I pick a stock for monitoring or entry - I just want to identify an underpriced one, and remain in the bus before news and attention start shining light on it. In my strategy, 30-40% capital appreciation in value stocks is a fortune, and the merrier when it even does 100% or more!

Hello bro
What strategy do you use in evaluating an undervalued stocks? When to enter and your exit strategy

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by emmaodet: 10:53pm On Mar 14
Capitas7:
I mentioned in a post that discussions rarely happen here. I said so because we stand to gain a lot from one another when we share thoughts, constructively criticize stock picks, analyze data (financial statements, valuation metrics and charts), and even discuss sentiments.

A fellow shared their thoughts on Lucid and two of us replied with an opposing opinion (politely and constructively too). I have been checking that stock not for the purpose of coming back to say "I told you so", or to check how the said person is killing it, but to evaluate their prediction alongside my divergent opinion and make myself better.

Many made a kill in the 2020 bull run, and another one is on us; we can make a kill too.
When I mentioned (in Nov, Dec, Jan) the upcoming bubble in the AI space and the growth visiting the mag 7, it was already happening and that is why many of such stocks are overvalued (bubbly) today waiting to be bought by latecomers before correction (burst). The kill is in buying the rumor and selling the news like smart monies do - me sef advise babe to buy NVIDIA at less than $140, and the rest na story.

Together we can identify the next rewarding sector/idea, but it starts with discussions, not only 4 or 5 persons sharing their picks or transactions without receiving opinions or criticism or supporting ideas in return.

We are here to learn and build wealth!

Agreed but it seems some here won't interact with you unless you subscribe to their paid subscription. I guess that is the reason for the low turn out here.
Also, most Nigerians are into local stocks and not foreign ones.
I am just also about diversifying into foreign stocks due to devaluation, so am very careful in treading this part
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 5:38pm On Mar 15
Just having feelings

FOXO Technologies will have a massive run up

Not investment advice

Your DD

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Zagee: 8:35pm On Mar 15
aremso:
Just having feelings

Not investment advice

Your DD

The channel is closing-in for a breakout again. I think I'm beginning to understand how you make your picks grin. Not yet 100% sure, but getting close to 50 cheesy

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Yok2: 8:53pm On Mar 15
BIG RECOVERY BY BITCOIN STOCKS TODAY

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Capitas7: 4:37am On Mar 16
emmaodet:

Agreed but it seems some here won't interact with you unless you subscribe to their paid subscription. I guess that is the reason for the low turn out here.
Also, most Nigerians are into local stocks and not foreign ones.
I am just also about diversifying into foreign stocks due to devaluation, so am very careful in treading this part

I agree with you on the likely reason for low turnout on this forum. Paid subscription tends to be a fair way if making money if it is not forced, or advertisements not made to sound like "you can never do well at this unless you pay us to teach you or do it for you".
I think you will do very fine trading foreign stocks. Your experience with the local stocks market and your kind of questions are the important ingredients.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Capitas7: 5:28am On Mar 16
emmaodet:

Hello bro
What strategy do you use in evaluating an undervalued stocks? When to enter and your exit strategy
First, I must say that I'm learning, so nothing unique about my strategy that might be new to you.

1. My strategy
I wish I could give a short and direct answer. I am more of an investor than a trader, so I go for value and growth stocks.
The pensions and life savings of hardworking Americans are in most of the ETFs, and if you check their charts, many of them have maintained higher highs perpetually breaking the ceiling regardless of the many cycles of bull or bear that the market has experienced. So these fund managers are doing something right, and one thing I found that they do right is objective fundamental analysis.
So basically, I check every metric that I know. I start with free cash flow, earnings growth, retained earnings, projected growth, among others.

2. Entry price
I used to estimate the intrinsic value and compare it to current price to see how much room the stock has to grow in price, but I have since stopped using that because there is usually a lot of divergence between intrinsic value add price that may never close up. The intrinsic value of growth stocks is difficultand subjective to calculate. The DCF approach also requires using future cash flows predicted by the sharks of Wall Street who have their own motives.
Once the basic and derived metrics check out for a company, I wait for cyclical lows for entry opportunities. A friend enters APPLE every year with huge capital, and makes roughly nothing less than 30% by just flowing with the cycle.

3. Exit strategy
I am poor at this. My kinds of stocks also make me not to worry too much about exit price. Intel was giving decent dividends when I exit it over a year ago partially bevause of the resons in my nect post. Warren Buffett has been keeping and increasing his position in APPLE, AMEX, BAC for decades, and has never lost his title.

Summary: I am learning just like most, but I have developed an approach to the market that insures the return of my money and still gives me comfortable return on my money.

The resources I value are: financial statement, earnings guidance, macroeconomic news, consumer sentiments and behavior, market appeal of the company of interest, etc. Great books discuss these in details.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Capitas7: 5:35am On Mar 16
AMD had less than 5% of market share while Intel had our 90%, but AMD started closing in, till the ratio became 65:35. AMD had a fearless female CEO (political sentiments arguably favor female leadership), produced more appealing products than Intel's, etc. Over those years, Intel's cash flow was impressive, but AMD's advantages took a toll on the difference in stock performance of both companies over time. One would argue that Intel pays attractive dividends while AMD no dey send, but AMD has crafted a niche for itself - growth! An investor or trader would need to see through the poor performance of this sector during high inflation, pay attention to the details of the dynamics of market share, check consumer sentiments, and might need TA to reveal this growth potential plus value in AMD in the last decade.
It is arrogant to say that one person's tool is better than another's in this market.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 7:32am On Mar 18
PREMARKET IS GIVING INDICATION OF A LIKELY BULLISH WEEK
The stock market athmosphere is full of optimism. Tech, blockchain oil sectors looking good.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 8:35am On Mar 18
aremso:
Just having feelings

Not investment advice

Your DD

What are you seeing boss?!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 8:38am On Mar 18
yok:
PREMARKET IS GIVING INDICATION OF A LIKELY BULLISH WEEK
The stock market athmosphere is full of optimism. Tech, blockchain oil sectors looking good.

I think the tech sector would see a slow down these subsequent weeks, especially the Semi conductors. But it's quite unfortunate cos I just got into some semi plays tho.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 8:39am On Mar 18
Capitas7:

I agree with you on the likely reason for low turnout on this forum. Paid subscription tends to be a fair way if making money if it is not forced, or advertisements not made to sound like "you can never do well at this unless you pay us to teach you or do it for you".
I think you will do very fine trading foreign stocks. Your experience with the local stocks market and your kind of questions are the important ingredients.

I think the main reason is people do not know what platform to use and trade foreign stocks. Most interesting platforms don't even accept Nigerians anymore.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by SetrakusRa(m): 3:34pm On Mar 18
Vest 0% commission just went live. I might transfer from Bamboo, it’s just so expensive.

Has anyone here transferred their securities from bamboo to another brokerage firm? How was it & how long does the process take?

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 3:45pm On Mar 18
SetrakusRa:
Vest 0% commission just went live. I might transfer from Bamboo, it’s just so expensive.

Has anyone here transferred their securities from bamboo to another brokerage firm? How was it & how long does the process take?

Is this Nigerian?

It's Mexican.
I'll try and regsiter for it.
I see it's been on since February 2023

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by SetrakusRa(m): 5:20pm On Mar 18
Penboy:

Is this Nigerian?

It's Mexican.
I'll try and regsiter for it.
I see it's been on since February 2023

I think it’s Brazil. It’s the broker which Passfolio users were transferred to.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 6:44pm On Mar 18
SetrakusRa:

Yeah.. Something like that.
Anybody using them?!

I couldn't register.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 5:00pm On Mar 19
Recent sell offs in the market...
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 10:45am On Mar 20
MARKET IS STARTING ON A DULL NOTE TODAY- BUT LIKE THE BEHAVIOUR IN THE LAST 3 DAYS LIKELY TO PICK UP LATER IN THE DAY

The biotech stocks seems to be too many. Too many of then are making some scans to become too lengthy. The volatility of the market is high and here are what I can discern from the market immediately:
- Blockchain stocks have quiet accumulation going on, so we are bullish on them- Will mention one latter today, if we do not mention, please forgive us as we have given all necessary clues. It is the one we told our member we bought (we bought, not that we tell them to buy, so for us this is high conviction trade). Yes we bought this bitcoin stock yesterday, talk of any chart pattern (double bottom, demand zone, Fibonacci retracement etc). We kept our stop loss at 8% here. If this trade fails (it is a possibility), then something fundamental may not be right with the stock.

- Oil stocks are good, but we will not chase any of them, we want to buy around 50% daily RSI level.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 11:55am On Mar 20
SetrakusRa:

Yeaah..
It is going from your end?

I tried registering and it didn't go through

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (430) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83