Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,346 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Osisikankwu,dead? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osisikankwu,dead? (17954 Views)

Jubilation In Aba As Suspected Kidnapper Osisikankwu Is Shot Dead! / Alleged Abia Number One Kidnapper, Osisikankwu, Breaks Silence / Osisikankwu, Leader Of Aba-based Kidnap Gang, Declared Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by slap1(m): 10:31pm On Dec 12, 2010
Y'all need to hear the gunshots, lasted well over 20 minutes! Osisi was using a machine gun! Dang!
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On Dec 12, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

You mean it is more appropriate to pet these criminals and allow them make jest of our judiciary like the mafia did to the US judiciary in the 70's and 80's?

So not shooting them dead first amounts to petting in your world?
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by AloyEmeka5: 10:55pm On Dec 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

So not shooting them dead first amounts to petting in your world?

Osisikankwu is a category 5 terrorist and people like him should be apprehended by the law enforcement alive or dead. He was extremely dangerous and trying to catch him alive might not be possible. Didn't you read that he opened fire on them before they took him out?. Are you suggesting they should lie low and use hide and seek to catch a notorious robber who had no regard for people's lives?. Get real abeg.

Like I said before, people like him had access to billions of Naira he usurped from his victims and with that amount, he can buy himself out of the shackles of the Nigerian legal system and even contest for governorship in River state and may likely win through the joint efforts of his disciples and the billions he stole from the populace.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Osisikankwu is a category 5 terrorist and people like him should be apprehended by the law enforcement alive or dead. He was extremely dangerous and trying to catch him alive might not be possible. Didn't you read that he opened fire on them before they took him out?. Are you suggesting they should lie low and use hide and seek to catch a notorious robber who had no regard for people's lives?. Get real abeg.

Like I said before, people like him had access to billions of Naira he usurped from his victims and with that amount, he can buy himself out of the shackles of the Nigerian legal system and even contest for governorship in River state and may likely win through the joint efforts of his disciples and the billions he stole from the populace.

Most of that reads like the profile of your typical Nigerian politician. . . why aren't you killing those yet?
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by AloyEmeka5: 11:06pm On Dec 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Most of that reads like the profile of your typical Nigerian politician. . .  why aren't you killing those yet?
They may stomp,loot and usurp but they are yet to kidnap people in geometric progression like MEND and Osisikankuw. I recommended the same treatment for Adedibu but Obasanjo was afraid of him. The same measures are used to gag looneys like Julian Asange and watch the government use frivolous measures to put him away for life. Terrorists are held, watre-boarded and killed  at the  GITMO and some of them are not even confirmed to be real terrorists. Are you saying the US is wrong for doing that and may be advocate they catch them in action first before arresting them?. Finally, all hands are not equal and no matter how we preach equality, the legal system will always give exception to the blue blooded. Richard  Cheney is indicted in Nigeria and he is not even batting an eyelid over something I'm sure he is guilty of, rather Halliburton is paying Nigeria off with $500M. Why not commit the same crime as an ordinary citizen and watch what EFCC or FBI will do with your a$$.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 11:08pm On Dec 12, 2010
Sigh! Well, if jungle justice is what you want, good for you!

Kobojunkie:

This 'shoot first, ask questions never' approach to crime solving is not going to help us. It did not solve the Boko Haram problem, and I doubt it will solve the Abia crime problem.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 12, 2010
It has nothing to do with jungle justice but rather the he who lives by the sword must be killed by the sword. That is over and done with.
However Osisikankwu now has to face divine everlasting justice
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 12, 2010
Anyway there was never a cat in hell's chance that a man like Osisi ka Nkwu would allow himself to be captured alive. It was always going to be a fight to the finish especially with the President's deployment of crack infantry troops who are trained to locate and destroy the enemy.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 11:45pm On Dec 12, 2010
It does have everything to do with jungle justice actually, because this guy was not really proven guilty in the courts but executed on the suggestion by some that he is the one at fault. For all we know, he was probably just a lackey for one of our politicians out there. Now we may never really know. If we had taken time to question him and probably get some truth out of him before, maybe finally executing him, if found guilty, we would probably learn a bit more of how he was able to hold a whole state/region in terror for over 3 years.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by McKren(m): 11:51pm On Dec 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

It does have everything to do with jungle justice actually, because this guy was not really proven guilty in the courts but executed on the suggestion by some that he is the one at fault. For all we know, he was probably just a lackey for one of our politicians out there. Now we may never really know. If we had taken time to question him and probably get some truth out of him before, maybe finally executing him, if found guilty, we would probably learn a bit more of how he was able to hold a whole state/region in terror for over 3 years.

What you are saying is correct if the Army had the option to arrest him, but all indication show that there was a gun battle between the guy and the Army. It is fair to assume he was gunned down in the process.

Now don't tell me the Army were wrong to defend themselves in the face of an open gun battle with this guy.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Well I for one don't buy that conspiracy theory. Such a man does not need to operate under anybody. Anyway in a country like Nigeria where everyone knows everyone's business there is no chance that he was not a dangerous kidnapper.
Frankly though I am not at all in favour of putting armed bandits who have engaged Federal security forces in drawn-out gun battles through the extant Byzantine legal system. They should either be shot at sight or executed after a swift drumhead trial.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 11:57pm On Dec 12, 2010
McKren:

What you are saying is correct if the Army had the option to arrest him, but all indication show that there was a gun battle between the guy and the Army. It is fair to assume he was gunned down in the process.

Now don't tell me the Army were wrong to defend themselves in the face of an open gun battle with this guy.

Ofcourse the army and forces have a right to defend themselves. My response was to those who said it was good that he was killed(seemed many did not offer the 'self-defense as justification for the killing' angle).
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On Dec 13, 2010
tensor777:

Well I for one don't buy that conspiracy theory. Such a man does not need to operate under anybody. Anyway in a country like Nigeria where everyone knows everyone's business there is no chance that he was not a dangerous kidnapper.
Frankly though I am not at all in favour of putting armed bandits who have engaged Federal security forces in drawn-out gun battles through the extant Byzantine legal system. They should either be shot at sight or executed after a swift drumhead trial.

If there is anything I have learnt about crime in Nigeria, it is that you can probably trace it all to one or two politicians. So I would not be entirely shocked if this turns out to be the case here. I mean we lived with years of kidnapping and terror in the Niger Delta, bankrolled by politicians as well. Is it really hard to believe this could also be the case in Abia?
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Ofcourse the army and forces have a right to defend themselves. My response was to those who said it was good that he was killed(seemed many did not offer the 'self-defense as justification for the killing' angle).
That is not even the point as the army were not just deployed to defend themselves as in a peace-keeping operation. They were there simply to destroy the kidnappers.
So in that wise, it would be more efficient and effective just to shoot the bandits at sight.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 12:05am On Dec 13, 2010
tensor777:

That is not even the point as the army were not just deployed to defend themselves as in a peace-keeping operation. They were there simply to destroy the kidnappers.
So in that wise, it would be more efficient and effective just to shoot the bandits at sight.

I disagree with that approach to justice.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by AloyEmeka5: 12:05am On Dec 13, 2010
McKren:

Self defense apart, I do not support capturing him alive and wasting tax payers money[the same people he tortured] to feed and prosecute him. Do you know how much the US federal government spent in tracking and successfully prosecuting and jailing men like Al Capone, Johnny Torrio[papa Johnny] and John Gotti?. All through the years the FEDs and the government were trying to protect their equal rights laws, these men killed and maimed Americans like there is no tomorrow and all the government needed then was to put a slug in their brain and hundreds or thousands of life will be saved.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by oderemo(m): 12:08am On Dec 13, 2010
capture him, interrogate him, squeeze info. Out of him., where will that lead us
How many jnr armed robbers been caught  in this country , interrogated and no info abt the bid guns. Or betterstill police bury the info.
Recently a container load of cocaine was confiscated@ the port, 3 guys were caught but that hasnt led to the real owner of the drugs.
Can bet we will not know the real owner.
So  i dont c the point in capturing these guys.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

If there is anything I have learnt about crime in Nigeria, it is that you can probably trace it all to one or two politicians. So I would not be entirely shocked if this turns out to be the case here. I mean we lived with years of kidnapping and terror in the Niger Delta, bankrolled by politicians as well. Is it really hard to believe this could also be the case in Abia?
Well I just don't buy that political angle. I mean what's the sense in a politician who has multiple ways of making money without bloodshed, resorting to armed robbery and kidnapping??
Anyway for these politicians ultimately it is[b] power [/b] that attracts them to politics and not mere naira and kobo. That is their ultimate aphrodisiac.
Rest assured though that Osisi Ka Nkwu was clever and resourceful enough to organize this kidnapping business on his own.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 12:13am On Dec 13, 2010
ode remo:

capture him, interrogate him, squeeze info. Out of him., where will that lead us
How many jnr armed robbers been caught  in this country , interrogated and no info abt the bid guns. Or betterstill police bury the info.
Recently a container load of cocaine was confiscated@ the port, 3 guys were caught but that hasnt led to the real owner of the drugs.
Can bet we will not know the real owner.
So  i dont c the point in capturing these guys.

Well, have the guys been interrogated? Are they even still alive?
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Alxmyr(m): 12:15am On Dec 13, 2010
I read kbojunkie's positions and it was brilliant.
Sadly enough he lives in Ohio as her profile suggested so her theory of rule of law is justifiable.
If she or any of her family has been subjected to the torture of these criminals that kidnap at will she will have differrent position.
Pepole who grew up in a town find the same town terrifying. You can no longer go home to see your families. And even the families at home are not safe. People are kidnapped in demand for as little as N10,000. And if you refuse to pay, they are killed.
While I would rather he is captured alive, our justice system leave no one in doubt that our society is better off with his death.
At least, Aba can regain its pride again.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by chyz(m): 12:16am On Dec 13, 2010
ChinenyeN:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . his life posed utility and his death will bring you only a moment's satisfaction. @ "the guy made us look bad". . . hmph.

Bleep'em
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by oderemo(m): 12:24am On Dec 13, 2010
@kobo,
caught yes, presume they must ve been interrogated cos of the international dimension of that case.
But am prety sure the real owner/s of that shipment would not be caught.
Even that story is witnessing a slow death.
Havent got the link now, maybe someone else can fish it out.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 13, 2010
ode remo:

@kobo,
caught yes, presume they must ve been interrogated cos of the international dimension of that case.
But am prety sure the real owner/s of that shipment would not be caught.
Well to be honest you are talking about a very different sort of crime-that is  drug trafficking. So in that wise it would be prudent for the police to get the necessary information from the smugglers as to who their sponsor is. The police just need to step up their intelligence and detective work.
There is no need to apply the sledgehammer in this scenario.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 13, 2010
Alxmyr:

I read kbojunkie's positions and it was brilliant.
Sadly enough he lives in Ohio as her profile suggested so her theory of rule of law is justifiable.
If she or any of her family has been subjected to the torture of these criminals that kidnap at will she will have differrent position.
Pepole who grew up in a town find the same town terrifying. You can no longer go home to see your families. And even the families at home are not safe. People are kidnapped in demand for as little as N10,000. And if you refuse to pay, they are killed.
While I would rather he is captured alive, our justice system leave no one in doubt that our society is better off with his death.
At least, Aba can regain its pride again.
Well you are missing the point as one does not need to be a victim to realise that the conventional legal system is not equipped to deal with crimes like mass and persistent kidnapping in Nigeria. That is why the military were deployed in the first place. In that wise kidnappers and other bandits would have to be dealt with militarily.
However once it had been clearly established that Osisi Ka Nkwu was the kidnapping kingpin there was no utility in capturing him alive.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 12:41am On Dec 13, 2010
ode remo:

@kobo,
caught  yes, presume they must ve been interrogated cos of the international dimension of that case.
But am prety sure  the real owner/s of that shipment would not be caught.

I don't think we are going to get anywhere with killing everyone who we even suspect of being involved in crime. If what we want is a KILLING FORCE as opposed to  police force, I am afraid that will backfire in no time.

What happens when a person is set up for one reason or another? We kill first and ask questions later? I just suspect this man, and maybe many others, could probably be victims of some setup or possibly thrown up to take the fall so as to cover up bigger crimes. . . . I just don't subscribe to the "kill first, ask questions later" justice. I mean you can definitely kill later but not before allowing our system fairly try these people or something.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 12:44am On Dec 13, 2010
I also do not agree that since our system is mostly in a mush, it is best for us to kill all suspected offenders as a result.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Omenani(m): 12:47am On Dec 13, 2010
This dude is one of the reasons I could not go to Aba with my father for Christmas!  angry However, I am amazed, by the amount of criminal masterminds who are killed instead of taken in for questioning. Maybe the people who pulled this man's strings were behind his death.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 13, 2010
Omenani:

This dude is one of the reasons I could not go to Aba with my father for Christmas! angry However, I am amazed, by the amount of criminal masterminds who are killed instead of taken in for questioning. Maybe the people who pulled this man's strings were behind his death.
Well you shouldn't be surprised as these bandits wouldn't want to be captured alive in the first place.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 1:00am On Dec 13, 2010
tensor777:

However once it had been clearly established that Osisi Ka Nkwu was the kidnapping kingpin there was no utility in capturing him alive.

But how did we clearly establish this? The government releases a name of a suspect and BOOM, it is clearly established that the named suspect is definitely responsible for all the kidnappings in the East/State?
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Omenani(m): 1:01am On Dec 13, 2010
tensor777:

Well you shouldn't be surprised as these bandits wouldn't want to be captured alive in the first place.

What about the Boko Haram guy? He was captured, and then we find out that he was later killed. I think this is a major problem in Nigeria. We need follow up the ladder. There is someone far stronger than him, who was pulling his strings. It probably reaches the realm of politics.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by idupaul: 1:47am On Dec 13, 2010
Thias kobojunkie fella always stands for nothing, He or she is always pleading weak defence fuelled by a lethagic passion bordering on an inability to ever stand for something whether wrong or right, Today kobo would say the govt from abuja is funding robbers , next day he thinks the govt was wrong to engage robber in a gun duel, What an undecided character , smh
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Mobinga: 2:02am On Dec 13, 2010
idupaul:

Thias kobojunkie fella always stands for nothing,  He or she is always pleading weak defence fuelled by a lethagic passion bordering on an inability to ever stand for something whether wrong or right,  Today kobo would say the govt from abuja is funding robbers , next day he thinks the govt was wrong to engage robber in a gun duel,  What an undecided character , smh
grin grin grin Its a she

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Has Sleepless Nights Over Unemployment In Nigeria / Buhari Urges Supporter To Vote APC Governorship And House Of Assembly Candidates / Metuh Has No Right To Announce Date Of PDP Convention — Okupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.