Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Osisikankwu,dead? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osisikankwu,dead? (17953 Views)

Jubilation In Aba As Suspected Kidnapper Osisikankwu Is Shot Dead! / Alleged Abia Number One Kidnapper, Osisikankwu, Breaks Silence / Osisikankwu, Leader Of Aba-based Kidnap Gang, Declared Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 13, 2010
There's no way they would have allowed the guy to live sef . . . he would have implicated top politicians in the state!
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Reference(m): 1:29pm On Dec 13, 2010
Ironically while replying this thread I'm watching the first in the Bourne trilogy where Bourne compels the chief operations officer to come to Paris after dispatching the assassin he sends and as he prepares to leave the office he is asked 'if he would really bring him (Bourne) in' and he replies ' I think we're passed that don't you, '

Kobojunkie as I think of your points, watch the film and glance at the pictures of Theo and the fellow with a wire-brush mustachio I cannot help but detect the faintest of synergy. With these fellows you just can never tell. How come nothing ever seems to affect these fellows who play with fire and fuel all the time.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by HARDDON: 1:36pm On Dec 13, 2010
dead?!!!!! he has served his purpose and they therefore sold him out huh? with the specific order to kill him at all cost n by all means?? so that he wudnt give xmas revelations dead man of cos cant expose the powers that be!

Long live Nigeria
long live GEJ
Long live Donlegend
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by hackney(m): 1:38pm On Dec 13, 2010
Reference:

Ironically while replying this thread I'm watching the first in the Bourne trilogy where Bourne compels the chief operations officer to come to Paris after dispatching the assassin he sends and as he prepares to leave the office he is asked 'if he would really bring him (Bourne) in' and he replies ' I think we're passed that don't you, '

And then he says : why dont you arrange a conference and maybe we can talk him to death.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Reference(m): 1:43pm On Dec 13, 2010
Ah I've just got to the point at the end of the movie where the line goes 'Its done' and the boss replies 'Shut it down'. Sorry oh. Lion of the Jungle.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by awa(m): 2:24pm On Dec 13, 2010
With the death of Osisi ka Nkwu, I guess South East might have achieve some measurable level of security no matter how tentative it looks. The evils in the society could be great but if we must make our journey as a nation where peace and unity reign, then we have to start by eliminating people like the Osisi ka Nkwu.

I have never been a Subscriber of IBB, ATIKU, ORJI KALU nor any other of the corrupt Politicians but their level of savagery cannot be compared with that of Osisi ka Nkwu. Killing innocent peoples?Robbing peace from the Society they pretend to fight for? Raping our women? Of a truth, Abia wasn't a God's Own State during Osisi's terrior reign.

We might not be safer without him but we are heading towards a peaceful society without men like him. I think his death worth celebrating especially considering this festive period it came. Nigeria can only work with less men like him. The IBBs, ATIKUs, ORJI UZOs would one day pay their own prize for deceiving the society. Let's wait and see.

Believe me, these men are not happier as we think, Nemesis is already rewarding them while alife.

ABIA no go Spoil, we must live in Nigeria as our home
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by bestsales1: 2:49pm On Dec 13, 2010
if only this poor guy knew he was going to die like dis, he would have excaped with hi dirty money to Cameroun and enjoy life there until nemesis catch up instead of staying put to cause more problems after he knew JTF was going to do anything to find him, silly!
that's what greed does to humans!!
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by bestman09(m): 3:06pm On Dec 13, 2010
HE WHO LIVES BY THE SWORD MUST DIE BY THE SWORD! My only regret was that he was not caught alive so that he can be tortured as he has been torturing his captives. His cries and confessions would have solved a lot of issues concerning kidnappings in the EAST and recorded VCDs/DVDs would have also made some people millionaires!!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2010
Boboribo:

Even if the order was shoot at sight, it still does not mean 'kill at sight'.
Actually it does as that is the only way to take out armed bandits . In any case infantry men are trained to kill.
I repeat there is no utility to the  society at large in keeping or capturing such a dangerous bandit alive.
HARDDON:

dead?!!!!! he has served his purpose and they therefore sold him out huh? with the specific order to kill him at all cost n by all means?? so that he wudnt give xmas revelations dead man of cos cant expose the powers that be!
Away with these baseless conspiracy theories. I mean the very idea that a professional politician would get involved in something as dirty and implicating as kidnapping of all things is just too ludicrous to even talk about.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 13, 2010
invisible!:

Yes kobo, you have a point, especially with that killing of innocents without questions. But its safer this guy dies than escape one day and terrorise people again. Again, the brutality may get to frighten those still at large, I remember how I swore to myself never to steal after watching one execution of robbers when I was a kid in the late 80s.
Well that is not what we are talking about here so that is off topic.
We are not talking about killing those who have been arrested for or suspected of various crimes but specifically those who have taken up arms and engaged the military or police in drawn out gun battles. In that scenario they should expect a fight to the death.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2010
Omenani:

What about the Boko Haram guy? He was captured, and then we find out that he was later killed. I think this is a major problem in Nigeria. We need follow up the ladder. There is someone far stronger than him, who was pulling his strings. It probably reaches the realm of politics.
Well he deserved to die right there on the battlefield. That is over and done with. However those Boko Haram elements that were simply captured but not executed were just thrown in jail only to be released from captivity by a mass jail break-out.
So no the answer cannot be just processing such armed bandits through the Byzantine criminal justice system as it is simply not desined to handle such crimes.
As for your other point well Osisi Ka Nkwu himself had taken responsibility for the kidnappings in the state in a media interview and by all accounts is experienced, clever and resourceful to have played the role of the main kidnapping kingpin in Abia state.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2010
I notice no one answered the main question here. How do we know this is truly the man responsible for all he has been blamed for, wait for it, by a CORRUPT government for that matter? I mean if we truly do not have an investigation minded force on this case, how is it that many here already concluded this man is the right man to die when  all most of you have is Orji's word that it is?

His galfriend does not even look like a $1000-maintained-hooker, let alone the man himself. She looks more like a wild urchin, even with the way she is dressed. And please do not tell me the disheveled look is in with kidnappers.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

IHis galfriend does not even look like a $1000-maintained-hooker, let alone the man himself. She looks more like a wild urchin, even with the way she is dressed. And please do not tell me the disheveled look is in with kidnappers.
Well he has been on the run for months now and has also been engaging crack infantry forces in drawn out gun battles, so what were you expecting? That he should look like someone stepping out to a Hollywood Premiere?
As for his girlfriend who says that she is a hooker?? Why exactly should his taste be for that kind of woman??
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by calddon(m): 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2010
cee as them titled politicians take dey look am as if he has not worked for them before mcheew.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2010
tensor777:

Well he has been on the run for months now and has also been engaging crack infantry forces in drawn out gun battles, so what were you expecting? That he should look like someone stepping out to a Hollywood Premiere?
As for his girlfriend who says that she is a hooker.?? Why exactly should his taste be for that kind of woman??

On the run for months? I believe this all started about 2 months ago and it isn't as if he left the state or something. I didn't say his gal was a hooker. I said she didn't even look like a $1000 hooker.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by clogogo(m): 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2010
LET NEWS WHAT COME OUT OF THIS>:""|}}/.;'\,./L;'
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by andyanders: 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2010
GOOD NEWS TO GET THAT SILLY DEVIL KILLED. THIS IS HIS TIME TO GO AND FACE JUDGMENT WITH THOSE HE MURDERED. LOOK AT THE SILLY LADY MARRIED TO THIS BASTED. HOW CAN SHE MARRY THAT KIND OF MAN KNOWING FULLY WELL THAT HE IS AN ARMED ROBBER? SHAME
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by confetti(f): 4:51pm On Dec 13, 2010
Kobo, I agree with u on this one. I agree totally that he has sponsors. I remember vividly an Abia indigene telling me that It was Osisikankwu who was taking police to the house of these kidnappers when police made their first raid on them only for him to become the victim and kingpin all of a sudden.

My though is that the politicians who orchestrated this whole thing felt threatened because if Osisikankwu is allowed to give out info @ his disposal concerning the whole drama in Abia, Heads will definitely roll hence the killing of this guy.

On the other hand, I feel sorry for sycophants and opportunists that these politicians will always use and dump. If only all were educated, if only all could say no to "use me cause violence dump me strategy" of Nigerian Politicians. The bad news is that this won't still teach any lesson to the youths out there. As election comes up, just dangle a few naira on their faces and you will see another osisikankwu repeated.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by beneli(m): 5:08pm On Dec 13, 2010
tensor777:

Away with these baseless conspiracy theories. I mean the very idea that a professional politician would get involved in something as dirty and implicating as kidnapping of all things is just too ludicrous to even talk about.

Perhaps, you didn't see the picture floating on NL of one of these same 'professional politicians', in his underwear at a witchdoctors shrine, involved in some sort of ritual of allegiance to his then godfather, who he has since fallen out with.
My broda, 'dirty and implicating' - and yes, even 'kidnapping of all things', assassinations, involvement in witchcraft/occult practices etc - is how most of these 'professional politicians' roll. It's their stock in trade.

Saying it out loud has nothing to do with idle 'conspiracy theories'.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 13, 2010
confetti:

My though is that the politicians who orchestrated this whole thing felt threatened because if Osisikankwu is allowed to give out info @ his disposal concerning the whole drama in Abia, Heads will definitely roll hence the killing of this guy.

On the other hand, I feel sorry for sycophants and opportunists that these politicians will always use and dump. If only all were educated, if only all could say no to "use me cause violence dump me strategy" of Nigerian Politicians. The bad news is that this won't still teach any lesson to the youths out there. As election comes up, just dangle a few naira on their faces and you will see another osisikankwu repeated.
I don't know what you're going on about there? What has kidnapping of school kids got to do with political campaigning. Confusing pure criminality with campaigning. SMH
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2010
beneli:

Perhaps, you didn't see the picture floating on NL of one of these same 'professional politicians', in his underwear at a witchdoctors shrine, involved in some sort of ritual of allegiance to his then godfather, who he has since fallen out with.
My broda, 'dirty and implicating' - and yes, even 'kidnapping of all things', assassinations, involvement in witchcraft/occult practices etc - is how most of these 'professional politicians' roll. It's their stock in trade.

Saying it out loud has nothing to do with idle 'conspiracy theories'.
Again what has kidnapping of innocent people for money got to do with campaigning for political office? Yes some desperate politicians are prepared to visit satanic doctors in the course of a political campaign but what exactly is the link between that and filthy kidnapping for ransom business
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2010
^^^^ you are dealing with nigerian politicians, not criminal masterminds.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by beneli(m): 5:29pm On Dec 13, 2010
tensor777:

I don't know what you're going on about there? What has kidnapping of school kids got to do with political campaigning. Confusing pure criminality with campaigning. SMH

No one is saying that this is not pure criminality. It certainly is.

What one is saying is that it is not beyond those politicians to invoke it as some sort of warped 'political strategy'. . . possibly gone - or going - wrong.
This is nothing new in Nigerian politics. And it's certainly part of the words on the streets, which you'd probably hear if you talked to some people there.

Why does this surprise you?
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

^^^^ you are dealing with nigerian politicians, not criminal masterminds.
^^In fact this is becoming too ludicrous. That surprise surprise it is not experienced and hardened criminals behind the wave of kidnapping and armed robbery in Abia State but in fact political office holders!!
That of course is pure nonsense except of course you come up with their motives and opportunities for getting into such an enterprise.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 13, 2010
beneli:

No one is saying that this is not pure criminality. It certainly is.
What one is saying is that it is not beyond those politicians to invoke it as some sort of warped 'political strategy'. . . possibly gone - or going - wrong.
This is nothing new in Nigerian politics. And it's certainly part of the words on the streets, which you'd probably hear if you talked to some people there.
Why does this surprise you? 
Well I am not the one coming up with such airy-fairy conjectures and conspiracy theories. It's up to you, not me, to come up with a coherent set of motives as to why exactly a political office holder would get involved in such activities.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Dec 13, 2010
tensor777:

^^In fact this is becoming too ludicrous. That surprise surprise it is not experienced and hardened criminals behind the wave of kidnapping and armed robbery in Abia State but in fact political office holders!!
That of course is pure nonsense except of course you come up with their motives and opportunities for getting into such an enterprise.

Well, it is ok that you find it hard to believe that could be the case but growing up in Nigeria myself, I can tell you that this is more the norm. I lived in Ikorodu and learnt well that politicking and crime go hand in hand. Politicians are more times than not all too willing to kill, steal and intimidate, to get to where they want to. So, I would not be shocked if that is the case with this. Aba politics especially is that way.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by beneli(m): 5:50pm On Dec 13, 2010
tensor777:

Again what has kidnapping of innocent people for money got to do with campaigning for political office? Yes some desperate politicians are prepared to visit satanic doctors in the course of a political campaign but what exactly is the link between that and filthy kidnapping for ransom business

Put it this way. If a person is 'desperate' enough to 'visit satanic doctors' then nothing is beyond such a person. Besides T.A himself has been implicating Mr Akomas, his former deputy, as one of the sponsors of the kidnappers, while some people in the opposing camp implicate T.A, saying that he has been funding them through some of his relatives. Now if they are all accusing each other of being the sponsors of these kidnappers, it would follow that there is something to be gained from all this, which is beyond the comprehension of those of us who have not been initiated into their strange ''political strategies'. Would you not agree?
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Well, it is ok that you find it hard to believe that could be the case but growing up in Nigeria myself, I can tell you that this is more the norm. I lived in Ikorodu and learnt well that politicking and crime go hand in hand. Politicians are more times than not all too willing to kill, steal and intimidate, to get to where they want to. So, I would not be shocked if that is the case with this. Aba politics especially is that way.
I still don't know where you are heading to with this argument. In the same vein it can equally be said that criminal bandits are willing to kill, torture and destroy just to make quick money. They certainly don't need to await orders or instructions from any shadowy figures before they carry out their nefarious activities.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by namdo(m): 6:03pm On Dec 13, 2010
politics, intimidation and crime go together in nigeria. it would have served a better purpose if Osisi was captured alive. i think he was let go initially for this to happen. His empire would soon be anihilated because the same intelligence reports would further expose his gang.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 13, 2010
beneli:

Put it this way. If a person is 'desperate' enough to 'visit satanic doctors' then nothing is beyond such a person. Besides T.A himself has been implicating Mr Akomas, his former deputy, as one of the sponsors of the kidnappers, while some people in the opposing camp implicate T.A, saying that he has been funding them through some of his relatives. Now if they are all accusing each other of being the sponsors of these kidnappers, it would follow that there is something to be gained from all this, which is beyond the comprehension of those of us who have not been initiated into their strange ''political strategies'. Would you not agree?
Anyone can say anything in the MEDIA but that does not mean anything. Sponsoring kidnappers means what in that instance? Guns?? Ammunition?? Money?? Safe Houses??.
It seems you seriously underestimate professional criminals in Nigeria if you think they are not resourceful and experienced enough to organize these things themselves.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Dec 13, 2010
tensor777:

I still don't know where you are heading to with this argument. In the same vein it can equally be said that criminal bandits are willing to kill, torture and destroy just to make quick money. They certainly don't need to await orders or instructions from any shadowy figures before they carry out their nefarious activities.

Here is a question for you. Are you 100% certain that no political backers involved in this case  i.e you are 100% a street tout terrorized a whole state, all by himself, for over 3 years?
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2010
Another question, what proof was made available to you of this man's guilt?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Has Sleepless Nights Over Unemployment In Nigeria / Buhari Urges Supporter To Vote APC Governorship And House Of Assembly Candidates / Photos From The Burial Of Abubakar Tanko Ayuba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.