Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,520 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Osisikankwu,dead? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osisikankwu,dead? (17955 Views)

Jubilation In Aba As Suspected Kidnapper Osisikankwu Is Shot Dead! / Alleged Abia Number One Kidnapper, Osisikankwu, Breaks Silence / Osisikankwu, Leader Of Aba-based Kidnap Gang, Declared Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Here is a question for you. Are you 100% certain that no political backers involved in this case i.e you are 100% a street tout terrorized a whole state, all by himself, for over 3 years?
Well yes I can be sure that if a politician was involved then he was acting as purely a criminal. But even that would be highly unlikely given the class and calibre of people that go into politics in Abia State.
As for the kidnapping kingpin it seems that most people seriously underestimate him. However he certainly sounded a very clever,articulate and shrewd operator in his recent media interview.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2010
tensor777:

Well yes I can be sure that if a politician was involved then he was acting as purely a criminal. But even that would be highly unlikely given the class and calibre of people that go into politics in Abia State.

acting purely as a criminal?

Class and Calibre of people that go into politics in Abia State? Please explain these

tensor777:
As for the kidnapping kingpin it seems that most people seriously underestimate him. However he certainly sounded a very clever,articulate and shrewd operator in his recent media interview.
Seriously underestimate a person they know most absolutely nothing of, except that he is the name thrown their way by their governor?
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Guyman02: 6:21pm On Dec 13, 2010
People like Slap1 on NL should be commended for giving earlier clues on the location of these guys and which the security agents used as launch pads for their unslaught against Osis and stone which we can confirm. I can tell you that security agents were monitoring every comment on Osisi from NL and it has finally paid off. Pls can we see pictures of his body?

1 Like

Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

acting purely as a criminal?
Purely criminal here means just carrying out nefarious acts to make quick money
Kobojunkie:

Class and Calibre of people that go into politics in Abia State? Please explain these
Well check them out. They tend to be very rich, well connected and well educated. Yes its still possible, but very very unlikely that they would have to resort to banditry just to make money.
As for there being a political motive well its still up to you to come up with what exactly it is. You came up with such conspiracy theories not me.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Guyman02: 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2010
My brothers in Aba are waiting to get hold of pictures of his dead body to use as calenders and posters. You will see titles like;
END OF THE ROAD FOR OSISI THE INVISIBLE KIDNAPPER.
THIS IS THE PICTURE OF OSISI EXCHANGING FIRE WITH NIGERIA ARMY.
PICTURE OF OSISI DRESSED AS A WOMAN LIKE ALAMIESEIGHA ESCAPING THROUGH IMO RIVER. grin grin grin
SEE PICTURE OF OSISI EATING WITH SPIRITS. grin grin grin
PICTURE OF OSISI CLUTCHING AN INTER-CONTINENTAL BALLISTIC MISSILE  grin grin grin
Watchout for the ingenuity of Aba people in making money out of this story

1 Like

Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On Dec 13, 2010
tensor777:

Purely criminal here means just carrying out nefarious acts to make quick moneyWell check them out. They tend to be very rich, well connected and well educated. Yes its still possible, but very very unlikely that they would have to resort to banditry just to make money.
As for there being a political motive well its still up to you to come up with what exactly it is. You came up with such conspiracy theories not me.

Well Educated and connected? Where? Aba Politicians? shocked

I didn't come up with any conspiracy theory, I simply posited that it could also be the case here since it is the norm in the area.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Guyman02: 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2010
here are pictures of his dead body

His girl friend captured with him may have to do some explantion. Good riddance to Bad rubbish,

Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Guyman02: 7:00pm On Dec 13, 2010
End of the road for a terror mastermind

Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by PastorOla1: 7:13pm On Dec 13, 2010
All Glory be unto GOD alone!!!!!!!
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by raycomray: 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2010
AM SURE PAST GOVERNORS IN ABIA KNOW THIS GUY ONE-ON-ONE. THEY KNOW THEMSELVES.
POLITICIANS ARE ALWAYS USING TOUTS, CRIMINALS, CULTISTS ETC AGAINST PERCEIVED OPPONENTS.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by MaiSuya(m): 8:25pm On Dec 13, 2010
hmmmm. . .indeed the end of an era,

why the girlfriend dey cry sef?
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by MOORCHMOORE(m): 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2010
Happy Christmas Abians
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by MOORCHMOORE(m): 8:33pm On Dec 13, 2010
Happy Christmas Abians
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by cawc: 8:51pm On Dec 13, 2010
God alone owns our living and dead. See how harmless he is now? only if he had had a change of heart. So many questions to answer at the other end, wish him luck sha
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by AlfaPrime: 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2010
@Kobo,
I fully share your passion for human rights protection, rule of law in Naija, etc. But truth be told, it's always easier for you to sit in the comfort of the American free society and pontificate about how he should have been captured and made to spill the beans. Do you feel the pains of those who lost their lives, properties and loved ones to this man's mayhem? Did you have to run like a refugee from a home you've known for years due to this miscreant's evil deeds? Have U known the bloodcurdling chill of sleeping and waking with the sound of gun shots richocheting in your ears? Can we be more righteous than the ordinary Abians who took to the streets in jubilation upon the news of his death?

Like someone said, Osisikankwu was a category 5 (or perhaps 50!) criminal. And excuse me, the fact that he was sponsored does NOT in any way exonorate him, He carried out the killings and rapings. Yes, he was allegedly armed by politicians, did they also instruct him to rape the aged and despoil the virgins of Aba and its environs?

And if I may ask, exactly what good would it have been to interrogate such a person? Have we forgotten the basic principles of integrity? Do you expect any reliable truth from such lips? (Perhaps he'd tell us how Jonathan supplied him with arms and logistics!) He had his day when he granted an interview to the Vanguard daily, and what did we learn? That he regarded him and his boys to be "freedom fighters"!

How many government officials fell prey to Osisikankwu's bullets? Very few if any. His was a classical case of the poor man oppressing and ravaging his fellow poor. As if Nigerians have not been harrassed enough by failed leadership, this guy insisted on unleashing the worst possible sort of nightmare upon his fellow tribesmen.

I don't support jungle justice of any sort. Osisikankwu would have been entitled to a trial and fair hearing (which he denied people during his reign of terror) PROVIDED he had peacefully turned himself in. But no, he chose to live by the sword and so he died by the gun. He insisted on firing bullets up to his last hour on earth, and wouldn't have it otherwise.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Kilode1: 9:57pm On Dec 13, 2010
AlfaPrime:

@Kobo,
I fully share your passion for human rights protection, rule of law in Naija, etc. But truth be told, it's always easier for you to sit in the comfort of the American free society and pontificate about how he should have been captured and made to spill the beans. Do you feel the pains of those who lost their lives, properties and loved ones to this man's mayhem? Did you have to run like a refugee from a home you've known for years due to this miscreant's evil deeds? Have U known the bloodcurdling chill of sleeping and waking with the sound of gun shots richocheting in your ears? Can we be more righteous than the ordinary Abians who took to the streets in jubilation upon the news of his death?

I understand the passion and sentiments in your post and those of others who expressed similar opinions.

BUT, Kobojunkie is on the money with this one.

We may never know the real truth behind the events that lead to Osisiwhatever's death but, I believe justice would've been better served and the  "pain, fears and sufferings" of the people of Abia especially those who lost loved ones, would have been better assuaged if we knew the real backers of this killer or get to interrogate him and investigate his confessions.

There are good reasons for the kind of caution expressed by Kobojunkie. Criminal justice is not all about shoot and kill.

How did he get his ammunition?

Who are his patrons? Was he working with some other partners?

Where are the rest of his men?

How many people did he kill?

What is the structure of his organisation like?

How much money did he collect? can we trace the funds?

Did he carry out all the kidnappings we've seen in the last one year or do we need to look for some other independent groups?

These and many more are the questions that should be asked and answered by a serious criminal justice system, especially one that is responsible for the safety and security of 150million people.

Killing this one Maggot should not be an end. Capturing him alive could have helped us arrive at the root of his activities and prevent more Osisis. I don't think killing him on sight did that or will do that.

From the accounts of Slap1 and other self identified witnesses, I do not believe the army did enough to help our fears. Killing this man is not enough. We need to get to the root of his terror. I'm not convinced we got the answers we needed.

If I live in Aba, I will still be worried and afraid.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by safariman(m): 10:58pm On Dec 13, 2010
The girlfriend is still alive and if they are serious with any investigations (touture), she should be able to provide some information and I am sure he was not the only one in the gun battle.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by texazzpete(m): 11:01pm On Dec 13, 2010
Good thing he's dead.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 13, 2010
AlfaPrime:

Like someone said, Osisikankwu was a category 5 (or perhaps 50!) criminal. And excuse me, the fact that he was sponsored does NOT in any way exonorate him, He carried out the killings and rapings. Yes, he was allegedly armed by politicians, did they also instruct him to despoil the aged and despoil the virgins of Aba and its environs?
And if I may ask, exactly what good would it have been to interrogate such a person? Have we forgotten the basic principles of integrity? Do you expect any reliable truth from such lips? (Perhaps he'd tell us how Jonathan supplied him with arms and logistics!) He had his day when he granted an interview to the Vanguard daily, and what did we learn? That he regarded him and his boys to be "freedom fighters"!
Well you are making a couple of very wild conjectures here.
1)That he was "sponsored" by politicians: and
2)That he is incapable of running a criminal enterprise on his own.
All that is pure baseless speculation on your part as interestingly his organization was  into kidnapping just for the rich pickings it provided. There is no evidence at all that he had any political agenda or even that he was the type of man to be so used by politicians.
However he was clearly a very clever man who could have put his talents to better use.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by houvest: 11:42pm On Dec 13, 2010
Very horrible personage.
Spawn of the devil
Incarnation of the Antichrist.
Merciless to satanic proportions.

Took out very promising young men, despoiling their wives in the process.
Forced men to sleep with their daughters and boys with their sisters.
Stole men, journalists, school children,etc in broad daylight.
Impoverished families and sent folks on self-exile.
Punctuated the livelihood of many and stranglulated the industry of Aba

Osisikankwu, from which wing of the pit of hell ascended thy possessing spirit?
May Aba never suffer the experience of thy perverted soul ever again.
May Abia never set eyes on even a reflection of thy image ever again.
May Ndigbo, yeah Nigeria never experience thy incarnation in ther midst ever again.

Weep no more thou traumatized and ravished women.
Cry no more thou widowed, widower-ed and orphaned,
Wipe your tears Dr Stan's wife, children, siblings and friends.
The leader of your tormentors has departed to whence he came.
His followers will soon follow suit
As well as their sponsors
Except they confess, repent, return and seek redemption.

Rejoice again Enyimba city and shout for joy.
Thou that has been ravished, ravaged, pillaged and pilloried
Sing once again and dance
For they that held you captive are on the run
And will soon completely fall

Sounds of singing, dancing, jubillation will be heard in you again;
Thy gloom is turning to beauty,
Thy darkness to light,
Thy disgrace to grace,
Thy story to glory
And thy zero to hero

Rejoice Oh beloved city
Pride of the East
Jewel of Abia,
Refuge of the poor but industrious,
Beautifier of the wretched.
Succour to the abandoned.

Let Singing ring from the Hills of Ogbo down to the valleys of Aba River.
From the streets of Faulks through Ariaria, down to Ohanku.
From the slums through GRA down to Osisioma.
Let songs reverberate with melodious tunes on harps, guitars, tambourines, drums and all manner of musical instruments.
From PH Road through Asa down to Aba/owerri Road.

Remove thy mourning clothes and put on the garment of Praise,
For you still are Aba-na-anya
And thy Redeemer is Mighty
And He has come to save you.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Olumogun: 11:47pm On Dec 13, 2010
uhmmmm!

another bad operation by the Nigerian Security system.
thank God you got your prey in the cross-fire,
but who will answer all the questions in the lips of Nigerian?

Kilode?!:

I understand the passion and sentiments in your post and those of others who expressed similar opinions.

BUT, Kobojunkie is on the money with this one.

We may never know the real truth behind the events that lead to Osisiwhatever's death but, I believe justice would've been better served and the  "pain, fears and sufferings" of the people of Abia especially those who lost loved ones, would have been better assuaged if we knew the real backers of this killer or get to interrogate him and investigate his confessions.

There are good reasons for the kind of caution expressed by Kobojunkie. Criminal justice is not all about shoot and kill.

How did he get his ammunition?

Who are his patrons? Was he working with some other partners?

Where are the rest of his men?

How many people did he kill?

What is the structure of his organisation like?

How much money did he collect? can we trace the funds?

Did he carry out all the kidnappings we've seen in the last one year or do we need to look for some other independent groups?

These and many more are the questions
that should be asked and answered by a serious criminal justice system, especially one that is responsible for the safety and security of 150million people.

Killing this one Maggot should not be an end. Capturing him alive could have helped us arrive at the root of his activities and prevent more Osisis. I don't think killing him on sight did that or will do that.

From the accounts of Slap1 and other self identified witnesses, I do not believe the army did enough to help our fears. Killing this man is not enough. We need to get to the root of his terror. I'm not convinced we got the answers we needed.

If I live in Aba, I will still be worried and afraid.

Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by mekaboy(m): 11:57pm On Dec 13, 2010
THEY SHOULD HAVE CAUGHT HIM ALIVE . THE ONLY WAY NIGERIA CAN BATTLE CRIME IS TO HAVE MORE TRUST WORTHY SECRET POLICE AGENTS IN THE SOCIETY. THATS HOW MOST DEVELOPED COUNTRIES ARE ABLE TO SUCCEED IN FIGHTING CRIME.

SUPPOSING A GROUP OF YOUNG SECRET AGENTS WERE SENT INTO ABA FEW MONTHS BEFORE TO MINGLE WITH THE SOCIETY, THEY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN TO KNOW WHO ALL THESE BAD GUYS WHERE BEFORE THE SOLDIERS ARRIVED.

BY THE TIME THE SOLDIERS ARRIVE, THERE WILL BE NO NEED TO EXCHANGE BULLETS, THEY WOULD SIMPLY BE ARRESTING THEM OVERNIGHT.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Dec 13, 2010
Olumogun:

uhmmmm!

another bad operation by the Nigerian Security system.
thank God you got your prey in the cross-fire,
but who will answer all the questions in the lips of Nigerian?

Who cares about all those speculative questions? The most important thing is that a criminal mastermind and his organization has been  destroyed.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 14, 2010
mekaboy:

THEY SHOULD HAVE CAUGHT HIM ALIVE . THE ONLY WAY NIGERIA CAN BATTLE CRIME IS TO HAVE MORE TRUST WORTHY SECRET POLICE AGENTS IN THE SOCIETY. THATS HOW MOST DEVELOPED COUNTRIES ARE ABLE TO SUCCEED IN FIGHTING CRIME.
SUPPOSING A GROUP OF YOUNG SECRET AGENTS WERE SENT INTO ABA FEW MONTHS BEFORE TO MINGLE WITH THE SOCIETY, THEY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN TO KNOW WHO ALL THESE BAD GUYS WHERE BEFORE THE SOLDIERS ARRIVED.
BY THE TIME THE SOLDIERS ARRIVE, THERE WILL BE NO NEED TO EXCHANGE BULLETS, THEY WOULD SIMPLY BE ARRESTING THEM OVERNIGHT.

You've been watching too many CSI programs. Where in the West do you have such a prolonged breakdown in law and order?? Anyway its not the job of trained soldiers to capture dangerous bandits alive but simply to exterminate them.
When one bandit says to his mates "lets play the kidnapping game and make some fast bucks" innocent people die are extorted and are tortured.
At the end of the game, fortunately the bandits are exterminated. C'est la vie.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Olumogun: 12:05am On Dec 14, 2010
tensor777:

Who cares about all those speculative questions? The most important thing is that a criminal mastermind and his organization has been  destroyed.

lets hope its dat simple:destroying the kidnapping network.

if care is not taken, this "operation" may have just help in SPREADING them now.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by ladej(m): 12:43am On Dec 14, 2010
mekaboy:

na so dem arrest bin laden boys abi or d terrorists wey bomb london? e no easy bros
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by mamagee3(f): 1:02am On Dec 14, 2010
Finally, thank God. . .

Good riddance to bad rubbish!
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Osama10(m): 1:24am On Dec 14, 2010
Hmmn na wa.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by mamagee3(f): 1:55am On Dec 14, 2010
His real name was Obioma Nwankwo. . .instead of living up to his name, he had the heart of the devil.
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by Myself2(m): 4:16am On Dec 14, 2010

I disagree with that approach to justice

Then call police na
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by rasputinn(m): 4:25am On Dec 14, 2010
Deleted
Re: Osisikankwu,dead? by rasputinn(m): 4:35am On Dec 14, 2010
[img][/img]

Oya,Osisikankwu.go and kidnap school children again na

Mschewwwwww

Osisikankwu ko Corpsekankwu ni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From Commissioning Of Mokola Flyover / Buhari Urges Supporter To Vote APC Governorship And House Of Assembly Candidates / Soludo Flags Off The Construction Of Mmiata-Anam-Nzam Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.