Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos (65111 Views)

Pupil Killed By Stray Bullet As Police And Keke Riders Clash In Lagos (Graphics) / Police Station Burnt As Warders, Okada Riders Clash In Ibadan / Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by olexjay(m): 3:37pm On Feb 05, 2020
Most things shouldn't be approached back with violence, on a serious note this Okada stuffs has its own advantages but at the other hand the disadvantages could be much more, let them sit down and have a meeting with their chairman's then they could come up with something much better to discuss with the Lagos government and maybe they can adjust the ban

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by Thomthom(m): 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2020
abuhusna1:
Nigeria is not ready for development
Meaning ??
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by Hotfreez: 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2020
payperpost:

the are receiving fund from china okada maker to fight the government, they should be dealt with mercilessly

Does this nonsense you typed make sense to you?
What of Keke?
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by Olaiya26: 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2020
BabyApple:
Please i am one of the tricycle rider that work from Oyingbo to Yaba.. Since we have banned i have not been able to get something to do .. keke is just there doing nothing.. please i need a job ooo.. I can wash clothes , cars. I need a job to do for God sake.. I have been sitting down idle for days. i follow trekked from Sabo to Alausa Ikeja On Monday.. Not Knowing that Ikeja Keke Rider has engaged the police earlier that day.. on getting to ikeja we were hint that we should not go near Government House If we not wan end up in jail.. Na Leg walk i take leg am reach Anthony before i later see Bus to Yaba .. Please I need a Job... Any Job as long as it is not illegal.. My keke is just 5 months Old.. If you have Mini Bus , I can Drive it for you..

Stop lying to get attention; Sabo to alausa is bus connected. Hustle for job if you need to don’t come here and tell unwarranted lies cause you want them to pity you.
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by Maydfourth: 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2020
What the Bleep....Oga oooo...
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by Emmaoj44: 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2020
To make matters worse, the okada and keke riders were not considered as either a driver or conductor against the capacity buses the Governor rolled out as palliative measures. What do did he expect them to fall back to?
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by Judybash93(m): 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2020
NaijaMutant:
Lagos is such a crazy place to be.

No matter how sane you may think you are, the moment you enter into Lagos your sanity becomes exchanged with partial insanity, waiting for the day of manifestation.

The recent ban on Okada and Keke without palliatives has further driven the stress level in Lagos to an unbearable dimension.

Everybody for Lagos dey mad grin

Even the governor too is an ex-patient grin

Omo men!! See finishing grin grin grin
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by NeoWanZaeed(m): 3:41pm On Feb 05, 2020
Why would police go to shop to arrest brand new bikes?

Well, this is Nigeria
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by atiku4President(m): 3:41pm On Feb 05, 2020
hisexcellency34:
You can't take away people's only means of livelihood and expect them to fold their hands. A hungry man is an angry man
You can imagine how Emeka Ihedioha feels, on a lighter note
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by Neddyogu(m): 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
BabyApple:
how do i take it down there.. no be to ride am go there dem go impound am within Lagos.. from Oyingbo to mushin , to oshodi, to ikeja or towards island.. na arrest be that

U can transport it there with a truck.
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by Roon9(m): 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
lrdval:

You are one of the problems in this country. Moving ahead without tackling the problem is cowardice. If we stood up for any malapropism in this state. Things would have been good for Africa.

What are you saying Sir? Where in the world is okada used as a means of transportation? Please name one big city in the world.
This is Lagos for goodness sake! People are not just patient enough. Benin has neither okada nor keke and they faring fine. So what are you saying?
Please drop sentimentality jor
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hotfreez:

Does this nonsense you typed make sense to you? What of Keke?
from India, they want to sell more to Nigeria, Nigeria is their biggest market
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 05, 2020
the boys are now selling fake sex drugs
ban sales of sex drug by the road side by those boys at night, those boys are also selling guns

mobile road side chemist
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by Correcto: 3:46pm On Feb 05, 2020
I am yet to see a y government get it right in Nigeria. For instance, if Lagos Government provide reliable and modern train service, keje and bike will fade out without complain
Ishilove:
It was hell on earth for commuters in this axis today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9Jy-PgD9U8

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/iyana-ipaja-boils-as-okada-dealers-riders-miscreants-clash-with-police/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5p0wFkv6kU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by GermanMelania: 3:46pm On Feb 05, 2020
BabyApple:
Please i am one of the tricycle rider that work from Oyingbo to Yaba.. Since we have banned i have not been able to get something to do .. keke is just there doing nothing.. please i need a job ooo.. I can wash clothes , cars. I need a job to do for God sake.. I have been sitting down idle for days. i follow trekked from Sabo to Alausa Ikeja On Monday.. Not Knowing that Ikeja Keke Rider has engaged the police earlier that day.. on getting to ikeja we were hint that we should not go near Government House If we not wan end up in jail.. Na Leg walk i take leg am reach Anthony before i later see Bus to Yaba .. Please I need a Job... Any Job as long as it is not illegal.. My keke is just 5 months Old.. If you have Mini Bus , I can Drive it for you..

Can you take your keke outside lagos?
They should have allowed a transitional period to allow people to at least go out of state..

1 Like

Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by GermanMelania: 3:49pm On Feb 05, 2020
Samchelsea:
Only in Nigeria police men will openly steal people's properties and call it "law enforcement"
Go to america.and hear about civil forfeiture. Then you go sabi say kwaropshun get part 2

[url] https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/05/how-the-dea-harasses-amtrak-passengers/393230/[/url]

They won't even charge you with a crime so you can fight to get your money back
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by Hotfreez: 3:49pm On Feb 05, 2020
payperpost:

from India, they want to sell more to Nigeria, Nigeria is their biggest market

So, it is the Indians making Lagosians to trek? You people should keep deceiving yourselves. That's how you pushed Ambode to his ruin by deception.

Sanwo-Olu should have banned okada and regulated the working hours of Keke. Later on, he can then outrightly ban keke also.

What happened in Iyana Ipaja today is very significant. Alimosho delivers the highest votes to Apc followed by Ifako Ijaiye. If they are publicly rejecting Sanwo-Olu's policy in the biggest bus stop in the biggest voting local government, you think they would sleep in Alausa today?

You lot don't understand political implications of stupid decisions like this. Those who do are already counting the cost.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by farouk2much(m): 3:51pm On Feb 05, 2020
No...... No...... Not again
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hotfreez:

So, it is the Indians making Lagosians to trek? You people should keep deceiving yourselves. That's how you pushed Ambode to his ruin by deception.

Sanwo-Olu should have banned okada and regulated the working hours of Keke. Later on, he can then outrightly ban keke also.

What happened in Iyana Ipaja today is very significant. Alimosho delivers the highest votes to Apc followed by Ifako Ijaiye. If they are publicly rejecting Sanwo-Olu's policy in the biggest bus stop in the biggest voting local government, you think they would sleep in Alausa today?

You lot don't understand political implications of stupid decisions like this. Those who do are already counting the cost.

Seriously this can hurt politcally
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by Perfecttouchade: 3:53pm On Feb 05, 2020
The government need to provide alternatives for these people, are they going to employ them to drive these buses brought in by the state government, these should solve the unsettled wahala currently going on...You earn when u refer a customer to us....https://www.nairaland.com/5629755/nairalander-order-casement-windows..get-professional/1
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by ohem007(m): 3:53pm On Feb 05, 2020
Oh my life....

See my hood o

That first picture na there gan gan okada dey park
I thought as much..

I have said it before
Car wash boys o + plus aboru road boss o + alagutan boys( iperu akesan axis) combined together

Nothing good is gon come out from all this sh!t
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by KIDfurniture(m): 3:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
Tinubu hates the poor with passion . Sanwo is only acting on instruction .
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
BabyApple:

Wait... So yaba/oyingbo too is listed among the out of bound route for keke... And to think I was planning to go to oyingbo this afternoon to stock up on my soup condiments shocked which kain sufferness be this? This too much trekking will now be making ones bumbum to reduce tongue

On a more serious note, what this multicolored face man is doing is not fair on the citizens at all!!!

You can still be using the keke to ply inward streets and off express roads in the mean time in order not to remain idle.
May God see you through.

1 Like

Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by seanwilliam(m): 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Peeps don't wanna leave their comfort zone
dont be quick to judge.. u dont know how hard it is to be hit by something unplanned.. moving to ogun state just like that ain't easy.. u can't just move in to where u dont know without proper planning..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by Ishilove: 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
stagger:
Lagosians, you reap what you sow.

You put in another Tinubu boy and this is what you get. The sooner you all rise up and get rid of Tinubu's boys from the politics of that state, the better for you all. I have no iota of sympathy for you. You reap what you sow. Elections came and it was turned into a tribal affair, with thugs burning voting slips in areas that were projected to be populated by non-indigenes.

If you voted for Sanwo-Olu and you are feeling this new policy pinch, sorry for you. You reap what you sow.
What about people like us that don't even have PVCs...?
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by bubu2019: 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
Roon9:
Banning okada was very okay but Keke could have been restricted.
However the deed has been done. Life must go on. People should just comply or they'd just be "happy targets" for these trigger happy policemem
one day they will ban the air we breath and you will also ask us to comply to avoid being a happy target
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by DaCharis2016: 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
NaijaMutant:
Lagos is such a crazy place to be.

No matter how sane you may think you are, the moment you enter into Lagos your sanity becomes exchanged with partial insanity, waiting for the day of manifestation.

The recent ban on Okada and Keke without palliatives has further driven the stress level in Lagos to an unbearable dimension.

Loling grin grin grin grin
I don't want to laugh so hard here so the governor will here...even d governor na ex-patient

1 Like

Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by snitchbitch: 3:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
NaijaMutant:

EVERYONE? AH AH KILODDE?
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by DownChelsea(f): 3:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
I thank God for this ban
Re: Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos by Ishilove: 4:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
Roon9:

What are you saying Sir? Where in the world is okada used as a means of transportation? Please name one big city in the world.
This is Lagos for goodness sake! People are not just patient enough. Benin has neither okada nor keke and they faring fine. So what are you saying?
Please drop sentimentality jor
There is no basis for comparison because Lagos is 3 times more densely populated than Benin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) / Mother Suspecting Her Son Of Homosexual Activity Catches Him With His Partner / Female Ritualist Who Kills Crawling Babies Stripped Unclad - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.