Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,990 members, 7,828,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu (23455 Views)

Bus Drivers On Strike In Lagos, Commuters Stranded / Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded / Save Us From Corrupt VIO Officials, Lagosians Beg Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by ikenna1978: 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
EzeIgbo1:
Modernization comes with a price. The pain for development is always temporary.

Lagos State is trying to expand the ability to meet with the ever expanding population and if not done right would leave the state looking like a big pile of rubbish.

Transportation has to be done right if the state is to ensure increasing population would not destroy her

The more Keke or Okada on the streets as an answer to increasing population and desire to meet their transportation needs would be counterproductive.

Okada and Keke should remain off the roads in the areas already declared banned
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 07, 2020
the trekking is good for our health! ban all of them, bring more buses and fast track the railway project
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by xcelentattitude(m): 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2020
It's no longer a funny story anymore o.

People are trekking for real.

An average lagosian now needs a solid footwear like this one, or else his designer shoes will wear off under two weeks.

Sanwo olu needs to empower the people with this.

Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by stchinedu: 5:02pm On Feb 07, 2020
lipsrsealed

Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by abdullahi45: 5:02pm On Feb 07, 2020
EzeIgbo1:

Lagos State is trying to expand the ability to meet with the ever expanding population and if not done right would leave the state looking like a big pile of rubbish.

Transportation has to be done right if the state is to ensure increasing population would not destroy her

The more Keke or Okada on the streets as an answer to increasing population and desire to meet their transportation needs would be counterproductive.

Your argument is clearly understood, but a saner clime would have provided an alternative right before criminalizing Okada and Keke riding.

In addition, the danger of Okada is indubitable, but banning Keke is too much. The government might have a covert agenda rather than the safety and security of Lagosians they are yelling...
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by Litmus: 5:08pm On Feb 07, 2020
Just because Western nations do not patronise Keke wholesale and Okada not at all does not mean Nigeria cannot incorporate them. Keke and even okada can be part of Nigeria’s modernity drive. I hope that those Nigerians fortunate enough to play some practical part in the future design of our infrastructural development, in whatever capacity, do so with imagination, fresh eyes and fresh take on town and city planning. Keke and okada, if quality controlled, may lend Nigeria its own unique character. Hope we adopt the attitude that we could or should improve on the path pioneered by the more advanced West and East nations so that what we do may also be something others learn from us.
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by Wasky101: 5:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
Larryfest:
It's the right thing to do Mr governor...
No way keke is worse than okada.
If you drive in Lagos you will attest to this.
My take is regulate the okada(play,gokada and maxi)
Ban keke for life
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by xcelentattitude(m): 5:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
grin grin

Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by Bear007(m): 5:11pm On Feb 07, 2020
The more complain you make the more ferry my guy would buy... Am confused.
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by majamajic(m): 5:20pm On Feb 07, 2020
Pusyiter:
I share this thought
Only in Nigeria we enjoy placing ban on anything as we derive pleasure in seeing people suffer
Change is a gradual process. Ban okada, leave Keke marwa
After adequate palliative, you can now ban Keke.
This is what was done in Abuja and we coped until Keke was banned in some areas

Keke is worse than okada , both deserve the ban

1 Like

Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by idonhammer: 5:25pm On Feb 07, 2020
Una go finally use una hands give una self Bill... everything bukwa olu.
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by EzeIgbo1: 5:30pm On Feb 07, 2020
Neddstark:

After you insulted me that I sounded stupid, you are here ranting like a little girl denied of ice cream

Opening your eyes to the fact that beginning a comment with an insult makes you sound stupid is a far cry from actually calling you stupid.

Your very actions painted you in that light.

Upgrade your IQ kid. I am not the author of your frustrations
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by tfelicityk(m): 5:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
All this thing that brought out ban of okada and keke in some part of Lagos was caused by greed, disobedience and crime by some gangs... No food some agbero dey collect money under such union
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by winkmart: 5:36pm On Feb 07, 2020
it s well
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by Neddstark: 5:51pm On Feb 07, 2020
EzeIgbo1:

Opening your eyes to the fact that beginning a comment with an insult makes you sound stupid is a far cry from actually calling you stupid.

Your very actions painted you in that light.

Upgrade your IQ kid. I am not the author of your frustrations

Okoro, I am not frustrated as you. Stay your lane and stop airing insensitive opinions.
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by foreshore(m): 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
supremenews:
Keep Okada but return Keke Marwa - Lagos Commuters appeal you to Sanwo-Olu (Video)

Lagos Commuters appeal you to Sanwo - Olu to review the ban on the operations of motorcycles and tricycles, popularly called Okada and Keke Marwa respectively.

Madam Hellen Akpede, who said she had trekked from Iyana Agege en route Berger Bus Stop along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway pleaded with the governor to reverse his decision on the operations of Keke Marwa, as they make life easy for the masses.

Another commuter said that the stress of the ban was too much on Lagosians.

A student, Odegbile Abdul lamented the hike in transport fare as a result of the ban.

He said, "This ban on Keke Marwa has really affected me because a trip that used to be N50, they (commercial bus operators) have started calling it N100 and there is no other substitute for it. I will like to appeal to Sanwo-Olu to return the Keke Napep."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Qm3HSgKZk

Credit: Punch

I totally disagree if the security report that is emmanating is anything to go by. There is a deliberate attempt by terrorist to infiltrate South West especially Lagos and Ogun State. This is to cause mayhem and chaos so as to perpetuate the Islamic agenda
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by EzeIgbo1: 5:55pm On Feb 07, 2020
Neddstark:

Okoro, I am not frustrated as you. Stay your lane and stop airing insensitive opinions.

You are the one triggered, I have been calm all through yet I am the one frustrated grin

Deal with what is frustrating you kid so your head can think straight and peaceful intelligent words can come forth.

I was on my lane with my comment when you crossed into it with your puerile insults.

You should have stayed in your line shouldn't you?
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by IME1: 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2020
Are we not happy that this is not even raining season

People who go to Eko roundabout and Odeku we know the suffering without keke lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by jasent2020(m): 6:08pm On Feb 07, 2020
EzeIgbo1:

Non be by speaking english online o.you are not in Lagos so you have no ideal of what they are going through.Have you even thought off the people that have become jobless as a result of the ban?do you have any ideal the number of kids that will drop out of school?
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by paroh137(m): 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
mvem:
I read here that the ban is to send back nigeriens or so...why are people having alternative view of the ban?...some say is a welcome development because the so called okada people are jihadist(na nairaland I take see am ooo)....others like you say it is an unwelcome development

It is highly unwelcome. Okada riders are the least of Nigeria's problems bro. The problem is that they want Lagos to look like a developed state, while avoiding making it a developed state. Basically they want Lagos to look like a first world country, while having no substance. It's laughable.

We now have to walk long distances to and from home to make a living. Is this even fair on those who don't have cars?
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by onatisi(m): 6:20pm On Feb 07, 2020
youmour:
Let them not revert oh,Lagos hasn't been this sweet in a long while.
you cant remove the mode of transportation which accounts for like 30-40% of a city transportation system with putting something back to fill the vacuum created instantly. before going ahead with the ban , they should have gotten enough alternatives in place or better still limit the ban to just one local government and make it a gradual process

1 Like

Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by rabzy: 6:28pm On Feb 07, 2020
EzeIgbo1:

Rickshaws, commonly called Keke napep are used in cities more modernized than Lagos. Paris, Berlin, Tokyo and many other places use rickshaws as a node of transport.

1 Like

Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by mattsvibes: 6:49pm On Feb 07, 2020
Larryfest:
It's the right thing to do Mr governor...
shebi na you pursue ambode now sanwo his here now
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by EzeIgbo1: 6:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
rabzy:

Rickshaws commonly called Keke napep are used in cities more modernized than Lagos. Paris, Berlin, Tokyo and many other places use rickshaws as a node of transport.

Rickshaws and tricycles were introduced in those places AFTER modernization and not before.

When there is order and you introduce such they will abide by the already established order. You do not introduce disorder in an already disordered situation.
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by TruthSpeaker: 7:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
I EVEN CONSIDER KEKE AS MORE NUISANCE THAN MOTORCYCLE BECAUSE SINCE THEY KNOW THAT MACHINE IS REALLY TOUGH, THEY ARE RATHER DAREDEVIL DUDES. THEY CAUSE A LOT OF HOLD UP BY DISOBEYING TRAFFIC REGULATIONS.
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by obama30: 7:05pm On Feb 07, 2020
supremenews:
Keep Okada but return Keke Marwa - Lagos Commuters appeal you to Sanwo-Olu (Video)

Lagos Commuters appeal you to Sanwo - Olu to review the ban on the operations of motorcycles and tricycles, popularly called Okada and Keke Marwa respectively.

Madam Hellen Akpede, who said she had trekked from Iyana Agege en route Berger Bus Stop along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway pleaded with the governor to reverse his decision on the operations of Keke Marwa, as they make life easy for the masses.

Another commuter said that the stress of the ban was too much on Lagosians.

A student, Odegbile Abdul lamented the hike in transport fare as a result of the ban.

He said, "This ban on Keke Marwa has really affected me because a trip that used to be N50, they (commercial bus operators) have started calling it N100 and there is no other substitute for it. I will like to appeal to Sanwo-Olu to return the Keke Napep."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Qm3HSgKZk

Credit: Punch

Please uncle Sawo don't reverse both Keke or Okada, the solution is simple Electric bicycle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh4gJSFrCpc
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by Citi1805(m): 7:30pm On Feb 07, 2020
E be like say una no get sense...make them return wetin?
Re: Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu by asatemple(f): 7:56pm On Feb 07, 2020
Me. Governor try and listen to the cry of your people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogun Police Engage Bandits In Gun Duel; Inspector, Two Others Die / Fashola: Buhari Has Done More Than US Govt In Terms Of Infrastructure / Pictures Of A Short-cut Into Ikeja Police Barracks By Mobolaji Bank-anthony Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.