Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,788 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

How My Mother Ruined My Happy Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How My Mother Ruined My Happy Marriage (1725 Views)

How A Bank Ruined My Relationship. / Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. / Masturbation Has Ruined My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Mother Ruined My Happy Marriage by Harbylon(f): 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2020
I was 8 years in my happy married relationship with 3 children and under 40 years of age, when my husband suddenly developed liver illness.

On this illness, we expelled all his savings and sold off the house we have built, halfway. Before l knew it, we began to accrue debts; from rents to to children school fees to essential commodities. I had to withdraw children from private school to public school on the 2nd/ 3rd year of his illness. We moved to one bedroom apartment from 3 bedrooms flat we were living before his illness. I love my husband, deeply. Every little money l received from friends and family, l used it to buy drugs for him, feeds my children and paid for transportation, to convey him from one revival to another; seeking miracles. For good 3yrs in his sickness, l knew no man. I was tempted all along. I chose not to cheat on him.

So, when there was nobody again, l can run to meet for help; l went to my mother for help. She was a petty trader but averagely, ok. On this occasion my mother reminded me about my husband's childhood friends l discussed his greed and covetousness towards me, one time. That was when my husband sickness was a year old. The guy is rich but l decided to avoid him. He intended to be sleeping with me. He promised to be supporting me, my children, to help offset all my debts and help foot whatever bill or amount it may cost to get my husband health, restored. I shared all his promises to my mother. I expected my mother to support my courage. To my surprise, my mother asked me to accept the guy's offer. At least, it is an act that based on good reasons. To take care of my children and, to save my husband's life. At a point, my mother confessed she had to do same thing when she lost her first husband, in order to take good care of herself, me and my sister when we were young. When my father's family abandoned her with responsibility of 2 children and nowhere to turn. At the conclusion of her speech, she said; there are two things that are unavoidable to all women (mothers) IN relationship. And, the two things common to all. Except, those women that lucky and never faced afflictions or adversity. They are;

- they are potential witch when the need arise.

- they are potential prostitute and it is power to survive.

I ignored my mum on that day and went away.

At a point, It got to a stage where family and friends dodging me. No one ready to help, anymore. Have sold everything we got including wedding rings in bid for survival.

The shame, stress and afflictions has gotten to the peak. Nothing to eat. My children couldn't go to school for 4 days and crying of hunger. I was forced to go and meet his childhood friend. We began, going out. As if, he has been waiting for me; we have sex every now and again. So also, he was treating me like a young lady. He was loving like my husband. He confessed, he has interest for me, right from secondary school days. We all went to same secondary school. Within 2 months of our relationship, it was as if l've never experienced hardship before. He flee my husband out of the country to one of the private hospitals in UK (United kingdom).

You wouldn't believe what happen next, continue reading: http:///s1cbd7d5200207en_ng
Re: How My Mother Ruined My Happy Marriage by Originalsly: 1:17pm On Feb 07, 2020
Op.... will you be forwarding advice to the writer?
Re: How My Mother Ruined My Happy Marriage by Wayne4uall(m): 1:19pm On Feb 07, 2020
Pls wat is the title of this movie
Re: How My Mother Ruined My Happy Marriage by Bluezy13(m): 1:58pm On Feb 07, 2020
Hmmm...
Re: How My Mother Ruined My Happy Marriage by roxey: 5:20pm On Feb 07, 2020
Unfortunately for d op,ur link is not working

1 Like

Re: How My Mother Ruined My Happy Marriage by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 07, 2020
This is nairaland. We don't click links.

3 Likes

Re: How My Mother Ruined My Happy Marriage by jogsman01(m): 6:45pm On Feb 07, 2020
LA click, LA break.... radarada!
Re: How My Mother Ruined My Happy Marriage by fredopareto(m): 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
Blu03:
This is nairaland. We don't click links.
let her know...

1 Like

Re: How My Mother Ruined My Happy Marriage by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
I thought I was reading a true life story until I saw link. I will wait till you post the remaining half here

1 Like

Re: How My Mother Ruined My Happy Marriage by Foodqueen(f): 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
Op, pls whenever you are through with whatever is keeping you busy right now,pls come back and complete this shit angry
Re: How My Mother Ruined My Happy Marriage by Samolasoj(m): 9:24pm On Feb 07, 2020
Foodqueen:
Op, pls whenever you are through with whatever is keeping you busy right now,pls come back and complete this shit angry

Lol am with u, even had to click the rubbish link but it's so unfortunate that it's not working
Re: How My Mother Ruined My Happy Marriage by Foodqueen(f): 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2020
Samolasoj:

Lol am with u, even had to click the rubbish link but it's so unfortunate that it's not working

Don't mind the op. It's not that the story is real anyways, just to while away time.
Re: How My Mother Ruined My Happy Marriage by Samolasoj(m): 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
Foodqueen:

Don't mind the op. It's not that the story is real anyways, just to while away time.

Exactly my dear
Doh it sound interesting

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Any Man That Sleeps With Me Becomes Wretched For Life – Slay Queen Reveals / 50grands For Five Families / Abroad, You Don't Have To Do Maths Or English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.