Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) (55643 Views)

See The Snail Soup A Nigerian Lady Cooked For Her Man / The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. / The Pot Of Soup A Man Cooked With N1000 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by govomotors: 6:56pm On Feb 08, 2020
Salivating here. I last ate that 15yrs ago.
I need it now to clear me throat.

It is a meal for those that know
if you don't know, sorry
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Enwhen(m): 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2020
Efewestern:

We do not need the validation of others, the picture the OP uploaded is a typical example of Irhibotor.

It's not TYPICAL... Dirtiness is not part of Irhibotor, if that's his own version, I understand...I have poor people who also prepare such in the villa , it's not as dry and dirty like this...that's his own version...period.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by AreaFada2: 7:00pm On Feb 08, 2020
ahnie:

Choi... finished cooking it..it was delisssssssh!
Just package mine and post to me jeje.

If not what happened in 1921 will repeat itself.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by skedy1(m): 7:46pm On Feb 08, 2020
Ikende...

Down soup!
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Blessedndu(m): 2:16am On Feb 09, 2020
In ijaw we call it kiriginna
Its sweet and nutritious
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by marley145: 1:44pm On Feb 09, 2020
willi926:
We have something like this in my hometown in anambra state. Just use crayfish and ogiri and small salt with palm oil and little warm water and u are good to go. No stress, and highly nutritious sef
it is called ofe ose ana, it sustained Anambra people during the civil war. Anambra central zone, especially awka people can relate well with the soup
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Apination(m): 11:30pm On Apr 29, 2020
vm231:

I'm from east but grew up in Isoko (ozoro), me and my men dey package this soup dead, it depends on your pocket, e no mean say u no go fit use fire, na if e no dey u go just package am like that, same taste, e no go hot b d difference. You never taste am, u go even learn am dey package 4 ur family sef... my family mind dey na
You still dey oz?
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by vm231: 12:06am On Apr 30, 2020
Apination:

You still dey oz?

No... I dey Asaba now
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Apination(m): 12:52am On Apr 30, 2020
vm231:

No... I dey Asaba now
OK, the town just empty, babes just scarce
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by vm231: 1:19am On May 02, 2020
Apination:

OK, the town just empty, babes just scarce

Na via d lockdown and na dspz make d town dey full normally...
Unless you want who go dey package Dem for u...
I get girl when fit gv u gals for d oz normally
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Nobody: 12:28am On May 06, 2020
Never eaten this before and prolly won't. Mainly because I can't eat cold soup and the thought of raw Maggi and roasted crayfish in a cold soup would make me throw up.

Nice to learn something new though
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by vm231: 5:47pm On May 06, 2020
U fit use fire if u like... Okay

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

13 Pictures Of Party Food That Make Us Happy To Be Nigerian / Garri (cassava Flakes) With Blocked Water (picture Attached) / 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.