Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) (55648 Views)

See The Snail Soup A Nigerian Lady Cooked For Her Man / The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. / The Pot Of Soup A Man Cooked With N1000 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Heavance(m): 8:37pm On Feb 07, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

I grew up in Delta, so I should know, but prior to now I’d never heard about it.
Na wa o...

Even me that is full blood Lagosian, I sabi am well.

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Omoslim26: 8:37pm On Feb 07, 2020
GODPUNISHALABI:
undecided disgusting piece of shît...who tha F uck eats this shît...looks like something brewed in da sewer...f ûck mehn bîtch you just killed my appetite...ama fûcking break somfin cos of this disgusting piece of shît.... reason why a nigga ain’t marrying no bitch that ain’t from the east side...bitch fuçk you

dont give yourself hbp nobody force to like d soup

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:37pm On Feb 07, 2020
Heavance:

Na wa o...

Even me that is full blood Lagosian, I sabi am well.

Are you serious? Lol. I’m a fake-ass Delta babe then.

I just mentioned it to a friend who grew up Warri, and she knows it.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by ephochux: 8:38pm On Feb 07, 2020
I really enjoyed it sha. All thanks to my Eku people. Its called Izuotor in Isoko

2 Likes

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by ObiaboAdoka(m): 8:39pm On Feb 07, 2020
soup wen dem no d cook for fire. dis soup fit diarrhea ooo.

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by marvin906(m): 8:40pm On Feb 07, 2020
Sarah20A:
that soup is very nice especially when u make it with burnt fish is called 'owo oto' in Benin.

damn..
you fine

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Shallypop(f): 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:
There is a soup called Irhibotor by the Urhobo people in Delta State.

The soup is cooked without fire and it's been a life saver to Urhobo or delta students in the University or polytechnic when they are so broke.

The most cheapest soup in NIGERIA.

As a lady from Delta State, especially an urhobo lady, if you can't cook the Irhibotor soup then you are not a real Urhobo woman.

The soup is part of the culture, lol.

When you have a fever, you can take it with yam or Eba and your fever will definitely disappear. Lol

Introducing the Urhobo Irhibotor soup.

Cheapest

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Iriruaga100(m): 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
Our favorite meal every Sunday evening!! Just carry cold water near your side if you want to give it a try..
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Henriksen(m): 8:44pm On Feb 07, 2020
Soup for the real men...
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 07, 2020
And you say its not cooked with fire and the roasting of erile or what is it called is done with what?
You people shouldn't have even put anything in the fire including the fish. Let know its completely raw soup.

Anyways, me I'll pass.
Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Henriksen(m): 8:45pm On Feb 07, 2020
Missed this delicacy....
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by surequality: 8:45pm On Feb 07, 2020
I am an Urhobo from Ughelli North LGA of Delta State.
This Irhibotor soup does wonder and I know how to prepare it .Prepare it with mentioned recipes. when you eat it with eba, Starch, Yam or Plantain = Malaria fever cure, Cold cure, Joint pain cure etc. Avery good soup for women who just put to birth.

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by ThugBoy(m): 8:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Well there is what we call Erhei in Urhobo language, honestly i don't know the English name.

Use Erhei.
Crayfish.
Dry pepper.
Then you can use fish, preferably bonga fish.
Salt.
Maggi.

First of all put the crayfish on a frying pan without Groundnut oil and fry it like that, let it become dry a little then Grind the dry pepper, the Erhei and the crayfish together.

Then roast your bonga fish separately.

Then add the grinded pepper and the Erhei and the cray fish that together in a plate, add little water, add little salt and Maggie and the roasted bonga fish.
Mix them together and there you have your Irhibotor soup.

Bra maggi is not included am from ughelli South, Otokutu indigen but base in Benin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by luckygeee: 8:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
Thazard:
Op i don't understand this your method oh.

Here's mine:Roast some Erhe and ground them with the pestle inside the motar and add grounded pepper.

*Add a little quantity of Eba to the grounded pepper and Erhe and mix with the pestle till they blend together.

*Add dry fish and pound with the mixture,add a little oil,Akanwu and stir throughly.

*Add warm water and mix till it turns liquid.After mixing,add your salt and maggi.

*Add your Roasted fish and serve!

What you just described is owoh soup and not iribotor
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by favour32(m): 8:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
Antoeni:
Urhobo Wayo
Nai be wayo wayo way to cook wayo soup.
It takes a genius to come up with such recipes and a delicious soup is prepared without fire.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by arukwe123(m): 8:48pm On Feb 07, 2020
No matter how soup sweet, if it's not hygienic I ain't eating.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by STRENGTHesq(m): 8:49pm On Feb 07, 2020
Maggie wey no pass through fire,no be purging things sad
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Enwhen(m): 8:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:
There is a soup called Irhibotor by the Urhobo people in Delta State.

The soup is cooked without fire and it's been a life saver to Urhobo or delta students in the University or polytechnic when they are so broke.

The most cheapest soup in NIGERIA.

As a lady from Delta State, especially an urhobo lady, if you can't cook the Irhibotor soup then you are not a real Urhobo woman.

The soup is part of the culture, lol.

When you have a fever, you can take it with yam or Eba and your fever will definitely disappear. Lol

Introducing the Urhobo Irhibotor soup.

Why are u showing us the poverty version of Irhibotor ??,

Look at how that place is even dirty.... How do u want to sell this to other tribe let alone a white man ?
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by fertilewomb: 8:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Well there is what we call Erhei in Urhobo language, honestly i don't know the English name.

Use Erhei.
Crayfish.
Dry pepper.
Salt.
Maggi.

First of all put the crayfish on a frying pan without Groundnut oil and fry it like that, let it become dry a little then Grind the dry pepper, the Erhei and the crayfish together.

Then add the grinded pepper and the Erhei and the cray fish that together in a plate, add little water, add little salt and Maggie and the roasted bonga fish.

Thanks. pls can I see the picture of the Erhei.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Thazard(m): 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2020
luckygeee:

Nope it isn't owo!

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by oyekan1997(m): 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2020
And this make FP...... Chai
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Kylekent59: 8:53pm On Feb 07, 2020
surequality:
This Irhibotor soup does wonder and I know how to prepare it .Prepare it with mentioned recipes. when you eat it with eba, Starch, Yam or Plantain = Malaria fever cure, Cold cure, Joint pain cure etc. Avery good soup for women who just put to birth.

It could cure corona virus then cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by TissuePaper: 8:53pm On Feb 07, 2020
feldido:
We Ijaws call it Kirigina
dammmmn niggggaar

you are a real nigga
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Stevewonder004(m): 8:53pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Use Erhei.
Crayfish.
Dry pepper.
Salt.
Maggi.

But they said its not cooked using fire?
this ur own involves fire now.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by safarigirl(f): 8:53pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Use Erhei.
Crayfish.
Dry pepper.
Salt.
Maggi.

you said the soup is cooked without fire, only to tell us about frying crayfish and roasting bonga fish, dem no dey use fire for those ones? undecided
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
Ewwwww I’ll pass
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Thazard(m): 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
surequality:
Nice,I'm from Ughelli North too.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Enwhen(m): 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
luckygeee:

It's Irihboto not Owohwiri

He describe it better, u didn't talk about the roasted fish part and boiled water along with Maggie.... Making people thinking it's just fresh Maggie thy would eat

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by safarigirl(f): 8:55pm On Feb 07, 2020
Enwhen:

Why are u showing us the poverty version of Irhibotor ??,

Look at how that place is even dirty.... How do u want to sell this to other tribe let alone a white man ?
lol, which white man?

Why should he care about selling soup to the white man?
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 07, 2020
safarigirl:
you said the soup is cooked without fire, only to tell us about frying crayfish and roasting bonga fish, dem no dey use fire for those ones? undecided
Some people don't use fire.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by WildChild00(m): 8:55pm On Feb 07, 2020
Interesting, this is our traditional soup for eating starch, with boiled plantain.

This soup does not need fire to be cooked, you only need to roast the bonega fish on fire to bring out the aroma in it to add flavor to the soup.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

13 Pictures Of Party Food That Make Us Happy To Be Nigerian / Garri (cassava Flakes) With Blocked Water (picture Attached) / 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.