Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? (25221 Views)

See Number 47 And 48 Of This Mock Examination Question In Cross River State / See What Kenyan Student Did When He Was Given A Difficult Math Question In Exam / Strange Test Econometrics Question In UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by NicemanJosh(m): 12:17pm On Feb 08, 2020
During my University days, a course mate was asked a question which I really can't remember.
Bros wanted to quote scholar and the next thing we heard was;
"according to Mahrez, Kante and Vardy 2001", not knowing that the prof was a Chelsea fan. Na so baba take collect him matric number o

6 Likes

Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by Godpikin4real(f): 12:30pm On Feb 08, 2020
Durning my formative dayz in ss3, commerce class waz going on , I wasn't offering commerce as an elective, and i didn't want to leave the class either. Then the teacher Uncle T(of blessed memory)asked what is Occupation? No one responded. I then raised up my own hand, then he started scolding the class, "Since ve been teaching u people, none of u can answer the question. Look@someone who isn't offering commerce @all wants to answer. If the principal or any other person were to be around, they would say I didn't teach u." (Now turning to me; yes, go ahead)
Me: (Talking ignorantly) Occupation is the process whereby the okolation enters the obolation, to form the omolation.

Omo, com see laugh as class scatter. If u saw the way the man abused me and later gave the bearing of my life ehn,, I waz forced to go grab a commerce textbook and read thoroughly the meaning of occupation.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by Basitelo1(m): 12:39pm On Feb 08, 2020
That should be in my primary 6 or Jss1 can't remember exactly. We were asked the opposite of 'Transparent' in an English exam.
So Nwa guy looked to the hills, to the mountains and the valleys and asked "From whence cometh my help". Even the most brilliant girl in our class no know am sef. I am sure even some of our teachers then didn't know the answer. Some NLs even as I'm typing this now don't know the answer without the help of 'google' or dictionary. And the idiot that set the exam expected us to know the opposite of 'Transparent' at such a young age e no see 'up', 'back', 'boy' and other simple simple ones ask us. Na im guys begin 'reason out of the box' as my motivational speaker friends would say. Come see answers dah day. I suggest Oxford dictionary team should conduct a research for those exam scripts and get new words to add to their 15th edition. Some were writing Transparents, transuncle, trans guardian. The few knowledgeable ones amongst us wrote transfer, transportation, transport etc. Me ah kukuma write 'Transchild/transchildren' they should choose one. You are either the parent or the child. Period!!!!
I cannot come and go and hang mysef.

The opposite of Transparent is Opaque.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by Afriifa(m): 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2020
Romanoff:

The woman was always using zobo for example ni
Economics is just a trick, that's why most economists don't get along.
I'm glad I graduated as an Economist. sh*t was never easy.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by netmillionaires(m): 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2020
I Don bookmark this page. I no go talk Wetin I wan use am do. Make unable continue.
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by Joystark(f): 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2020
IamPlato:
Joy Whats Up? You Remember Me?

Heeeyyyy
Definitely.

How's it been?
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by Joystark(f): 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2020
modsfucker:

Lolz... It was 2go not twitter, sorry.

Shoulda looked at your moniker before dignifying you with a response. undecided
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2020
Nigger was like 'Onwunwa?' (temptation in Igbo) "kedu nke bu iju mmadu gini bu Onwunwa?" (how you go come dey ask person wetin be temptation?) "onwunwa bu Onwunwa na"(temptation is temptation period)

and that was how we wrote it, temptation is temptation! [/quote]

how you go come dey ask person wetin be temptation?

That catches my attention too! Smile.
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by modsfucker: 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2020
Joystark:

Shoulda looked at your moniker before dignifying you with a response. undecided

Hahaha... But you're not a mod, so my moniker has nothing to do with you.

But on a serious note, if you're not active on 2go, someone is using your pic as dp on 2go.
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by Usanga35: 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2020
Da day.....our Teacher asked d whole class... what is d comparative and superlative of Bad" ..nobody knew...She now provided an answer.....and then asked for a volunteer to come out and spell it on the board....I immediately Rose up , collect d chalk den went to d board...I then wrote..d comparative ND superlative of Bad is Bad, Was, Was....Lol..... Instead of Bad, Worse, Worst......

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by Joystark(f): 1:09pm On Feb 08, 2020
modsfucker:

Hahaha... But you're not a mod, so my moniker has nothing to do with you.

But on a serious note, if you're not active on 2go, someone is using your pic as dp on 2go.

What are you still doing on 2go anyway?
Are you 12?
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by Eziokwugbaoto: 1:11pm On Feb 08, 2020
Basitelo1:
That should be in my primary 6 or Jss1 can't remember exactly. We were asked the opposite of 'Transparent' in an English exam.
So Nwa guy looked to the hills, to the mountains and the valleys and asked "From whence cometh my help". Even the most brilliant girl in our class no know am sef. I am sure even some of our teachers then didn't know the answer. Some NLs even as I'm typing this now don't know the answer without the help of 'google' or dictionary. And the idiot that set the exam expected us to know the opposite of 'Transparent' at such a young age e no see 'up', 'back', 'boy' and other simple simple ones ask us. Na im guys begin 'reason out of the box' as my motivational speaker friends would say. Come see answers dah day. I suggest Oxford dictionary team should conduct a research for those exam scripts and get new words to add to their 15th edition. Some were writing Transparents, transuncle, trans guardian. The few knowledgeable ones amongst us wrote transfer, transportation, transport etc. Me ah kukuma write 'Transchild/transchildren' they should choose one. You are either the parent or the child. Period!!!!
I cannot come and go and hang mysef.

The opposite of Transparent is Opaque.
Did my research after the exam and got to know that a simple 'unclear' or 'obscure' would have sufficed. You now that is telling me 'opaque' you know wetin e mean for your Pri 6?? grin

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by darfay: 1:11pm On Feb 08, 2020
Not really mine sha but....

The biology teacher was saying something on aquatic life, so he asked what aqua was, and a friend of mine said it meant cloth, everyone laughed, she said he thought he was speaking igbo, ofc she did it on purpose

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by dedons: 1:14pm On Feb 08, 2020
suremahn:
mine was madddd

I was in primary school then our teacher gave example......

long longer longest

short shorter shortest

loud louder loudest

then class work and my answers

good gooder goodest

wife wifer wifest

bad bader badest

baby babier babiest

I was so flogged that day ehn madd experience
Bros this your lie pass Liar Mohammed own o.
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 08, 2020
Joystark:
Not really a crazy answer per say.

When I was like 7, we were asked to rewrite an essay.

I wrote one and used the word, "Life partner"...
Well back then, that wasn't such a common word for 7yearolds to know or use.

My parents were invited the next day. The look on my dad's face... cheesy
so do you have life partner now?
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by Discombulator: 1:22pm On Feb 08, 2020
Mine was,'I don't know'
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by IamPlato(m): 1:28pm On Feb 08, 2020
Joystark:

Heeeyyyy Definitely.
How's it been?
how Far With Your Publishing
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by shedgoz(m): 1:34pm On Feb 08, 2020
Mine was in JSS3.

I remember the teacher asked us to mention the tenses in English language.

Several people raised their hands and were saying the tenses, then the teacher caught me talking to someone and asked me to mention one of the tenses.

Since they've mentioned all the tenses that I know, I just jejely said Future Continuous Tense. The whole class burst into laughter. I just had to bury my face in shame.
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by Mainmanpadi(m): 1:36pm On Feb 08, 2020
Mine was in JSS 1 in Command Day secondary school, North bank Makurdi during English class, the teacher asked every body to make sentence in past tense with any word of your choice. When it's my turn I stood up with full confidence and said: I ate mango tree yesterday.

The second one was in intro tech class the teacher asked me what is used to cut iron and I said T-square. From that day the class changed my name to T square
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by Taeewo(m): 1:37pm On Feb 08, 2020
Chai,mine was 1999 during examination,they asked who was the president of Nigerian,i wrote Tinubu and later realized say na OBJ..

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by SamPeeLamen(m): 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2020
I've never really understood math. So one day while still in secondary school, the math teacher, mr segun wrote out a question on the board and called out: "sam, stand up and tell us what they are looking for". I stood up and calmly answered; "they are looking for the answer". I still carry the scar from the flogging i received that day.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by midehi2(f): 1:57pm On Feb 08, 2020
MDsambo:
A friend was once asked to define independence, dude just stood up with full confidence and said:

"African independent television"
You just brought tears outta my eyes with laughter cheesy cheesy chimooooooo cheesy cheesy
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by nuelsam: 2:09pm On Feb 08, 2020
Romanoff:
Economics.

Law of supply and demand.

Teacher asked, " what happens if you made a lot of zobo and no one is buying it?

My answer. "Na to die by drinking excessive zobo o"
lol na cultish u be
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by Samuels90: 2:40pm On Feb 08, 2020
Romanoff:
Economics.

Law of supply and demand.

Teacher asked, " what happens if you made a lot of zobo and no one is buying it?

My answer. "Na to die by drinking excessive zobo o"
Romanoff grin grin grin
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by modsfucker: 3:08pm On Feb 08, 2020
Joystark:

What are you still doing on 2go anyway?
Are you 12?

I do visit some worthy rooms... Some of the discussions are impactful... And besides, there's 30 plus room where you meet like minds.
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by beautyhd: 3:10pm On Feb 08, 2020
During my secondary school days, the Agric teacher asked for the example of insecticide,a student stood up and said sheltox(if it's actually the spelling). She was really flogged that day.

Ezi babe if you are on nairaland you will remember. She became sheltox from that day until we graduated.
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by Legendguru: 3:21pm On Feb 08, 2020
I don’t know
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by hodeejulia(f): 3:27pm On Feb 08, 2020
English teacher: what is the meaning of the phrase " high and dry"
Me: o ga otu gbe
All Classmates: grin grin grin
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 08, 2020
shedgoz:
Mine was in JSS3.

I remember the teacher asked us to mention the tenses in English language.

Several people raised their hands and were saying the tenses, then the teacher caught me talking to someone and asked me to mention one of the tenses.

Since they've mentioned all the tenses that I know, I just jejely said Future Continuous Tense. The whole class burst into laughter. I just had to bury my face in shame.
You were not wrong. Future continuous tenses actually exist. If your teacher debunked that answer, then he most certainly wasn't that knowledgeable to be teaching you and your then classmates.
Re: What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? by Jetfire: 3:49pm On Feb 08, 2020
Our SS1 biology Teacher unexpectedly asked me in class;

What’s the meaning of contraceptive?

Me: I knew the answer but couldn’t remember the right words for the question.

So I just stood up answered : “condom tablet”.

Every1 started calling me “condom tablet”and the name followed me to Uni.

Till date- the name never died !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Class Graduate / Disabled South African Lady Graduates After Being Discouraged By Lecturer / FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.